Hunters=Murderer?

Nope, not murder, and everyone has a license to buy guns - it's called a PED card

well, all we need is the EU version of Al Gore and he would tell you that hunting and mining is bad. Oh and dont even think of trying to add factories MA cause that would definately kill us all, with the carbon emissions

lol epic EFD farming thread. :laugh:

The mobs reproduce so quickly on Calypso that if hunters did not cull the herds the servers would slow to a crawl and poor unarmed miners would not even be able to step out of range of one of the turrets without being attacked due to the shear numbers of mobs. Over population will see more mobs starving to death and dieing from epidemics because of herd encroachment and way way to much dung.

In fact, you disallow all colonists an easy way to find dung.

That's not very nice, all hunters/murderers should be ashamed of themselves!

:(:woot::(

I get this in real life all the time as you can see by my pic I hunt elk,deer,bear, etc. In RL for food. I get people all the time telling me I am a murderer/ animal cruelty is my fault and save the animals. Then they go to McDonalds and eat cows raised in holding pins lol

the peer irony of it all.

KILL EVERYTHING LOOT IT WHO CARES (IF your really into killing leave it to rot don't loot it lol) as looting obviously can take to long

I get this in real life all the time as you can see by my pic I hunt elk,deer,bear, etc. In RL for food. I get people all the time telling me I am a murderer/ animal cruelty is my fault and save the animals. Then they go to McDonalds and eat cows raised in holding pins lol

the peer irony of it all.

KILL EVERYTHING LOOT IT WHO CARES (IF your really into killing leave it to rot don't loot it lol) as looting obviously can take to long

I'd just like to add that I got no gripe against Hunters who hunt with the object of filling their freezer... like this man says, "normal" ways of obtaining meat are far more distressing for the animals. It's the trigger-happy fools who make actual hunters look bad.

As for the game, you can opt not to shoot the cuter animals... but they don't actually exist, so who gives a rats arse?:)

Hurrikane

Actually, miners kill more but they don't get away with a better health either. :)
The mine leachates usually contain a fair amount of cool heavy metals :). :headbang: Uranium (VI) e a cool one, very popular were i live, and arsenic.. and cobalt, cadmium, nickel, aluminium... and chromium, but those come rarelly in the VI form, unless it's a mine in the Urals or in South africa i think.
Besides being excelent for the health, those metals actually help to develop bacteria resistant to multiple antibiotics, which can be kinda annoying if you happen to hurt a knee in the area. :revive:

What the op is asking is, "are mobs alive?" , because what does not live can not be killed (countless novels and comic books have established this).
And the title "hunters=murderer?" implies that concept as a given, and further contemplates premeditation disposed toward death.
So, do mobs have a life of their own? Are they real creatures, in some framework of virtuality?
Do we await a Calypso buddha, christ, or other god, to give us light? Or do we "kill em all and let (diety name here) sort them out"?
Have fun figuring it out, kids.

I'll go with a piece of advice I once heard:

"If you can't eat it or hump it, kill it".

I'll go with a piece of advice I once heard:

"If you can't eat it or hump it, kill it".

I'd kill it before eating it, though...
Living fish for example tend to jump off my plate :monkey:

Nope hunter do not murder =] for its just pixels and bytes of info on a server :). miners do indeed strip the land of its resorces but have we not done the same for year and years. :silly2: so hey ho crack open that beer have a dance and go shoot of some rounds :):wtg::yay:

If u are uncertain shot…

thats my advice

crafters are murderers...

You ever wonder how many snables the engineers have running around on the little hamster wheel type things the underground power supply places to keep those crafting machines going? Poor little snables running all that time without any feed, constantly being replaced after they die. At least the hunters leave some remains out there in the wilderness for those mobs that are not killed to eat on...

and don't get me started on how many trees where killed to make up all those blueprints...

Dear Sir Hotte, to my defence in this issue :

I only kill mobs that attack me and since im paranoid I belive all mobs attack me all the time, so in theory im not actually a hunter, more a nutcase and therefor not responsible for my actions.

Regards

Murder? Not at all, I'm perfectly reasonable with every mob I shoot :)

First of all, I ask all mobs assembled on my radar if the one with the [insert nice item name here] will give itself up and I'll let the rest live and be on my way. Which will save us all a lot off ammo, time and unnecessary suffering.

Perfectly reasonable!
It seems they have a little trouble understanding my accent though :ahh:

I actually tried to discuss about Schopenhauer's work with molisk. Once... :rolleyes:
Sheesh! Try discussing Déscartes with Argonauts. Every single one is a bloody critic! :rolleyes:

Murder!?

Oh yeah, it's always really sad when the computer stops drawing the mobs.

Shut up and shoot :handgun:

Lol, I actually made plans for creating a society once, its main rule would be to kill no other "living" creature. Robots was fine and well our main enemy, no other though.

Well I thought it was a cool idea, nothing more, would never really have done it, I think. Talked to a couple of friends on ts about it as well, they seemed to think i was rambling as usual when I mentioned it.

Lol, I actually made plans for creating a society once, its main rule would be to kill no other "living" creature. Robots was fine and well our main enemy, no other though.

Well I thought it was a cool idea, nothing more, would never really have done it, I think. Talked to a couple of friends on ts about it as well, they seemed to think i was rambling as usual when I mentioned it.

Lol thats quite a nice idea :)
I once spend an entire week avoiding to kill any animal or bot but only kill mutants.
When I was followed by a mob I would drown it or lead it to the turret so it was not I who killed it.
It ended when one particulair determined merp prowler keept nibbling at my armor. So I killed it.
No loot.

I wrote the Moliskion because it seemed wrong to kill Molisk Youngs, what with their squeaky cries and flailing stumpy arms... then some young scrote nicked the hood ornament off my car, and youth was no longer an exemption from my "cleansing" of this vermin-infested world. Oh, and in EU too:)

Hurrikane

Do you think that hunters are murderer killing innocent mobs? ;)
What do you think?
All the best! Hotte

Yes.
I got out of jail a while ago, and felt the urge to go on a serial killing spree again. But now I have EU, and I don't need to kill people in the streets anymore.

Lootius show mercy towards all those micro organisms killed by miners with their naughty bombs... :(

I'm not a murderer, I'm a radar red dot transmogrifier

Back