Help: Hunting Advise Needed

Athal

Prowler
Society
Natural Born Killers
Aranthir Athal Lander
Hello,

Lately I have been considering cycling a bit more in hunting, since I am mostly a miner. So asking for some advise on gear, mobs and so.

Some equipment
SK-50
Emine Armor
5b
6a
Serpent
CDF weapons (L) usually around level 40 BLP
My levels are 48 BLP Sniper, 45 Laser, 27 Evader, 23 Dodger.
I have around 200k skills.
Can depo around $200 each month plus $175 average mining profit per month.
I have 177 hp ( kinda low)
Have a quad and like to travel, and a lot of friend with warp capabilities
Around 15 hours to play per week.

So I am asking what would you advise. I been reading a bit the logs and the loot 2.0 weaponry and so. Noticed a lot of turmoil and garbage to be honest. So would like some advice.

What I usually do is hunt mobs I can kill 100 or 150 mobs in around 2 hours or so instead of killing big stuff. Level 20 or 15 mobs that fail sometimes attacking. Almost no heal. Usually my armor repair in a few hundred cycled is less than 10 IDK if that is high or low. Or I should get more melee or hit more. Or bigger.

I like to team hunt and using BLP because of sound. Kinda hate the laser sounds. Also armor is for the looks and overall good all around protection.

Please any advise is welcome,

Thanks for your time

Short range pistol: maddox 4 adj. (3k) + Beast amp. There you go, have fun with your friends!

Long ass range rifle: ML-35 adj (6k) + Dante amp. There you go, have fun with your friends

Meet me in the middle rifle: Caly 1 + Dante amp. There you go!

Keep grinding for CDF, buy P30 Extender from vendor and Mayhem amps from auction (or through boxes with depo). Keep shooting and getting new CDF as you level up.

Save up for UL "end game" weapon when you have no more CDF to buy. Put all PEDs into ammo until then.

You'll burn through a lot of CDF during events so in between those you stock back up.

If the daily token grind gets boring, work at upgrading your plates to unlock Block chance to add another variable to the hit ability calculation of mobs.

Take offensive stats in codex if you want to get more DPS or defensive stats if you want more HP/mobs to hit you less (evade/dodge).

buy P30 Extender from vendor
don't do this. Waste of ped

What I usually do is hunt mobs I can kill 100 or 150 mobs in around 2 hours or so instead of killing big stuff. Level 20 or 15 mobs that fail sometimes attacking.
You should be killing mobs you can kill AT LEAST 300+ in an hour.

Way to much volitility with what you're doing, you'll never get enough mu for huge swings

Hello,

Lately I have been considering cycling a bit more in hunting, since I am mostly a miner. So asking for some advise on gear, mobs and so.

Some equipment
SK-50
Emine Armor
5b
6a
Serpent

Thanks for your time

Why?

You are having some success with mining already why would you change what you are doing? You should expand on that success instead of going off and doing something else.

Figure out what it is that you are doing with mining that is working and reinforce those successful actions instead.

That's my 2 pec.

GL

Legends

Take enough damage from mobs so u can level paramedic up while hunting you dont need to be overarmored, adj maddox n beast a good combo as suggested for bout +4-5k depending tiers. Cdf guns wont last u long enuf if u have a stockpile adding up. If not skill up using weapons with low Markup that ur maxed or almost maxed on i recommend anything 115% or lower in markup and throw a L p20 extender on

Only do dailies if its a good mob, and do the bonuses of course.

Don't waste tokens or Markup on P30 Extenders. Just use the P20s.

Pick up any (L) Looted weapons you can use that hit under 105% (not melee) and can take an amp that you already have, or can take the Mayhem amps, they are cheap as piss now.

Don't underestimate (L) Mindforce Chips. They are cheap and last forever, you can use Extenders on them also, as well as a XX-B (L) Implant to make them last a total of 40% longer. They have wicked ammo burn ratio, good for mayhems. Keep close attention to the ones that can take the Mayhem MF amps.

If you are only casually hunting you would probably be able to sustain yourself just with these strategies.

If you hunt a bit more, there are already good suggestions regarding UL weapons. Maddox and Beast is good but be wary during mayhems, they don't have a good ammo/decay ratio. Otherwise good gun, used it myself

don't do this. Waste of ped
It's not a waste of PED. It lasts FOREVER when using it on 1PED weapons. It's especially great on the CDF weapons which are based on 20,000 shots. This increases their usage to 26,000 shots, a sizeable increase. That's 2000 shots more than the P20 on every CDF of which you use it. It's a worthwhile investment with your Mayhem Tokens.

hunting is a ped sink. Coming from mining where you make profits you will not enjoy it. only do it if u want to invest for long term goals. that is if you have plan longterm to be a hunter and invest into uber gear. If u just want to change something than i would recommend crafting instead of hunting.

Only do dailies if its a good mob, and do the bonuses of course.
You can check the terminal and abandon any that aren't a bonus or you can do them all (plus the Feffoid, Argonaut Cave and Feffoid Pit) to maximize your token collecting.

Once done there, you can fly to Monria and collect tokens from the mobs that drop mission items for the 3% reload speed horns.

You can collect ~20 tokens a day doing all the hunting centric missions (without any bonuses). If you add in the mining and crafting missions you can get a few more. There's also a couple other missions that give them but they're random.

The added benefit is getting codex on a wide variety of mobs while doing this. Skills grow fast, you always have something to hunt/mine/craft and you always have new weapons for your level. The downside is that it's tedious and can be lengthy to complete until you get some better DPS.

It's not a waste of PED. It lasts FOREVER when using it on 1PED weapons. It's especially great on the CDF weapons which are based on 20,000 shots. This increases their usage to 26,000 shots, a sizeable increase. That's 2000 shots more than the P20 on every CDF of which you use it. It's a worthwhile investment with your Mayhem Tokens.
Yeah just takes a large asf *investment* for using crap cdf, not like any serious hunter will stick with cdf, and grinding with elm is for morons.

Hello,

Some equipment
SK-50
Emine Armor
5b
6a
Serpent
I have 177 hp ( kinda low)
Have a quad and like to travel, and a lot of friend with warp capabilities
Around 15 hours to play per week.

So I am asking what would you advise. I been reading a bit the logs and the loot 2.0 weaponry and so. Noticed a lot of turmoil and garbage to be honest. So would like some advice.

What I usually do is hunt mobs I can kill 100 or 150 mobs in around 2 hours or so instead of killing big stuff. Level 20 or 15 mobs that fail sometimes attacking. Almost no heal. Usually my armor repair in a few hundred cycled is less than 10 IDK if that is high or low. Or I should get more melee or hit more. Or bigger.

I like to team hunt and using BLP because of sound. Kinda hate the laser sounds. Also armor is for the looks and overall good all around protection.

Thanks for your time

The real hunting investment is in gaining skills, which you're very far away from. Expect to cycle at least 10m ped to get decent skills or some months on very high activity w/ pills. You can do well on a lowish 40-50k ped investment hunting setup, but skilling is expensive and time consuming. Just worth considering, if hunting is your goal and you actually enjoy doing it, it's totally doable; if you're on the fence though, i'd stick mining.

If you're mainly doing events, you can get to a sustainable level without as much investment / cycle.

dont need to be overarmored,
That's not a thing.

Best defense in order

evade/dodge>resto chips>Expensive faps with 25 hppp or higher>armor

You can get a rank 7 heart which is more eco then armor though at like 22.72 hppp(Health points per pec)

Go pickup a big fap L or UL and try use it if you think not worrying about skilling while hunting shouldnt be a priority, having the ability to use such tools if you ever desire hunting hard mobs is cruical, i think not planning for the future is dumb and sticking to noob healing tools only is limiting your potential longterm.

If you make profit in mining then you know what you are doing and don't stop!

However if you need a change go hunting a bit with (L) gear, armatrix or CDF if you like dailies. Don't go for 2.0 guns if you are not planning to spend much more time on hunting or participating in events. If you need more info pm me.

Galar Galar Zan

Short range pistol: maddox 4 adj. (3k) + Beast amp. There you go, have fun with your friends!

Long ass range rifle: ML-35 adj (6k) + Dante amp. There you go, have fun with your friends

Meet me in the middle rifle: Caly 1 + Dante amp. There you go!

You perfectly discribed the setup that brought me to L100.
Combine it with a Mod2600 and a resto Chip.

So a very small investment in items keeping their value even today can get you VERY far!
Note that you need L69 to max out the Adj. ML-35.
The Adj. Maddox+beast eats alot of repair.

Thanks for all the replies. Will take into consideration.

Go MF
1. adds to RDA
2. unlocks are powerful
3. stacks with biotropic
4. UL chips same dps as the maddox or ewe41 cost 700 ped

you have poor stats, start cutting every tree as you mine to increase looter level
start codexing on Puny, pick alertneess, anatomy and perception as reward
if you can afford (i meas AS SOON AS YOU CAN AFFORD) buy a leech ring to self sustain, take more damage and level evader

5. as you have lost enough, get back to mining to reload ped card :)

You should be killing mobs you can kill AT LEAST 300+

That's not a thing.

Best defense in order

evade/dodge>resto chips>Expensive faps with 25 hppp or higher>armor

You can get a rank 7 heart which is more eco then armor though at like 22.72 hppp(Health points per pec)
Suggesting small mobs and then expensive faps? Now that fap decay is returned I wouldn't pay a pec extra for high hppp at all. Go for heal sec as it's all that matters. And I would forget about the fap for hunting small stuff anyways and grab some lifesteal and/or resto since you can keep shooting instead of stopping to heal.

Specialize, unlock, diversify

Suggesting small mobs and then expensive faps? Now that fap decay is returned I wouldn't pay a pec extra for high hppp at all. Go for heal sec as it's all that matters. And I would forget about the fap for hunting small stuff anyways and grab some lifesteal and/or resto since you can keep shooting instead of stopping to heal.
Where did I say that? I said in the order of most efficient.

A couple months ago, I read one of your comments from ~8 years ago… learned something
well , I could have been otherwise so be careful.Do your own way.

Let me know which 58 dps chips are currently 700 ped I would like to skill some mf :)
High lvl L chips are basicly tt food once u factor in how cheap u get them for n how long they last with everything attatched, wouldnt even need UL

Let me know which 58 dps chips are currently 700 ped I would like to skill some mf :)
ok, here is a provoking post :)
let's deal with this.
level 8 electric was 800 ped in ah, i saw a level 7 for 650 some week ago.

these are SKILLING CHIP related to the question.
forfaster skilling remember that a MF chip has a 4% decay into the bullet and the implant absorbs at tt another 2% f the decay
asically the whatever (L) chip at 105% has an impact on bullet of 0.2% so this is a cost to kill of 100.20% less implant absorbtion or 100.16%
compared to firearms that have a decay of at least (excluding MM 2870 and imk2) of 7.5% into bullet this has an efficiency of recycling shraps on caly of another 3.5% or 0.02% leading to an effective cost of 100.14% using limited chip that i feel are just like UL in my humble excel.

to value the opportunity cost of a 3000 ped chip (rank 10) just do the math.. 3000 / 0.0014 = 2.140.000 Ped cycled into MF at the rate of 1.5% (green lines and codex reward) it is about 32k ped TT skill points.... this path will lead you to unlock intuition before amortizing such UL Tool

Btw you can also go cheap route with cdf weapons from daily tokens. You can also get from swamp missions.

I sugguest you to keep depoing and Stick to mining for a bit longer

Gather some peds together to do some major Upgrades
First of all upgrade to a good Ring setup
Summer x mas combo because this will increase your dpp and Overall effective development of your Avatar with what ever weapon , you Max out liveleach atack speed and Krit with it

Dont Focus on weapons they are fairly cheap if you dont go for competition Mode. Grab a cheap panelon spec
A resto adj, test around and then choose a fap you are happy with, the panelon spec is the most undervalued armor imo specialy the high tier ones

Last upgrade shud be the actual weapon , last because with that setup you will choose sooner or later one of the top weapons (its the only logical thing to do)

Edit* forget cdf
Edit 2* as soon as you Max out liveleach go put your peds into a tezla pet 10%liveleach is a diferent game with it they are super cheap for what they are

Last edited:
CDF weapons are a bad choice.
the low decay and high ammo usage make them seems attractive.
but....
poor stats and high cost int erm of decay to collect tokens are a costant bleed.
it is way better to get a mid level 58%ish eff item and add a tremendous amount of loot events than rely on big dps of CDF that all in all cost you higher markup value than an armatrix

Back