Hunting vs Buying.

N. Radioactive

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Nicolas Radioactive d'Entremont
Lets say I'm looking for a full set of armor, or any other item... Is it cheaper to simply buy it, or is it better to find out what mob drops it and go hunt that mob?

Lets say I'm looking for a full set of armor, or any other item... Is it cheaper to simply buy it, or is it better to find out what mob drops it and go hunt that mob?

Almost always cheaper to buy it in my experience Pixie TT+7, Goblin TT+7 Shogun TT+25 etc.

However, its often more fun as a challenge to collect all the parts assuming you can kill all the relevant creatures.

Worth checking Entropedia to see if the item is rare too. Good luck looting a Paladin Thigh for example. :)

Well right now i think I am going to try to loot Goblin parts, I already got a few.

Well right now i think I am going to try to loot Goblin parts, I already got a few.

At the level I'm assuming you're at from your quest to complete a Goblin set, the cash you spend trying to loot it won't be a great deal more than the cash you use once you have it; you'd save money buying a set, but as has been said, looting the set is a satisfying achievement.

Be a different story if it was UNL Jaguar or Boar or even Vigi, buying is the far cheaper and more sensible option there.

Hurrikane

What Mega says.

Always cheaper to buy looted sets of armour, rather than hunt for the bits.

But, it is a great quest to loot a full set of the armours like Pixie/Goblin/Shogun etc

Not so fun a task trying to loot a set of shadow, or even something mundane like Boar or Nemi LOL

It depends on the mob that drops it I'd say. If it's a mob you wouldn't usually hunt (ie it's too strong for you or doesn't drop enough markup items) then forget about it and just buy item you need or you'll lose more than that. But if the mob is decent and suitable enough for you, I'd say - hunt. It's more fun and exciting plus if you belive in some fixed ROI in this game, paid markup is lost money. Money lost in TT while trying to loot the item - money that may be returned in this way or another (please pay attention to 'if you believe' part, it's just a theory some people believe, not a fact).

Thatll be ok.

From memory:

Combibo Shin
Bery Face
Snable Arm, Thigh
Caud Harness, Foot
Exa Gloves

Good luck! :)

It can be fun to hunt for some types... think of it as an Entropia quest. However, it is only fun up to armors like Gremlin and such. After that, the drops are so rare, that it is no longer 'fun'.

I hunted for Angel parts for over 5 years, and never saw one. I think I would have a better chance at looting ghost armor than Angel.

But putting a Gremlin set together with hunts was fun.

I'd agree with Mega and Hurri - it probably will be cheaper to buy it, but it's a good mission to have.

My view on it is this: presuming that you want to hunt and build up your skills anyway, you might as well do it on mobs that drop something you can use.

Pixie, Goblin, Shogun, Kobold, Gnome and Gremlin sets can all feasibly be looted if you put enough time and effort into it. Hunter, Paladin and Knight parts can be looted but it's hard to loot the entire set as there are some relatively rare parts. Most of the L armours drop fairly frequently too.

For any other sets, you'll be very lucky to loot a single piece, never mind a whole set.

Well that's what I'll do, hunt for goblin parts. Il just get the list of what mob spawns what part, I'll get money back from the loot, and some useful skills. Do you think anyone would trade male armor parts for female armor parts?

Thatll be ok.

From memory:

Combibo Shin
Bery Face
Snable Arm, Thigh
Caud Harness, Foot
Exa Gloves

Good luck! :)

looted the harness yesterday myself so i know the Caud still drop them

Currently, pixie, goblin and shogun are almost the only armor sets one can loot a set of themselves. (I said almost) After that, some parts are simply too rare for most sets to bother trying to get on your own. If you ever wish to loot your own full set, do it now.

Keep in mind that when you loot an armor part, it's usually not full TT value. However, once you have it, it's yours. It kind of sucks to give up and pay markup on a harness, then have another one fall from a Caudatergus. Usually means you'll end up tossing it in the TT. What a waste.

Plus you simply can never take away the thrill of completing such a goal.

Here's a quick cheat sheet of what you hunt for each part

• Arms = Snables (Both Sexes)
  • Face = Berycled
  • Foot = Caudatergus
  • Gloves = Exarosaur
  • Harness = Caudatergus, Cornundos
  • Shins = Combibo, Cornundacauda, Daikiba
  • Thigh = Berycled, Snables (Both Sexes)

Good luck and happy hoffing. :)

lets put it this way, I've been trying to loot an angel set since 2007 annd to date i've not looted a single piece. So now i'll make it a bit easier and try to loot supremacy set ;)

Currently, pixie, goblin and shogun are almost the only armor sets one can loot a set of themselves. (I said almost) After that, some parts are simply too rare for most sets to bother trying to get on your own. If you ever wish to loot your own full set, do it now.

Keep in mind that when you loot an armor part, it's usually not full TT value. However, once you have it, it's yours. It kind of sucks to give up and pay markup on a harness, then have another one fall from a Caudatergus. Usually means you'll end up tossing it in the TT. What a waste.

Plus you simply can never take away the thrill of completing such a goal.

Here's a quick cheat sheet of what you hunt for each part

• Arms = Snables (Both Sexes)
  • Face = Berycled
  • Foot = Caudatergus
  • Gloves = Exarosaur
  • Harness = Caudatergus, Cornundos
  • Shins = Combibo, Cornundacauda, Daikiba
  • Thigh = Berycled, Snables (Both Sexes)

Good luck and happy hoffing. :)

Only one problem with copying from Entropedia, Daikiba only loot Pixie shins not Goblin, and I think its only the Female Snable for the Arm and Thigh (Male loots Pixie Gloves and Pixie Thigh) Been a long time since I hunted Snable 'properly' though. If I recall correctly Bery loot Shogun thigh not Goblin.

I wish people wouldnt put incorrect information on Entropedia.

What would I have to hunt to get a full set of Goblin then?

Only one problem with copying from Entropedia, Daikiba only loot Pixie shins not Goblin, and I think its only the Female Snable for the Arm and Thigh (Male loots Pixie Gloves and Pixie Thigh) Been a long time since I hunted Snable 'properly' though. If I recall correctly Bery loot Shogun thigh not Goblin.

I wish people wouldnt put incorrect information on Entropedia.

The simnpler and clever way is to hunt molisk or argo where you can loot multiple piece in one go 3 pieces of shogun are quite common. Sell the three looted pieces to buy whatever armour u like :)

What would I have to hunt to get a full set of Goblin then?

Go with my post #7, theres a lot of incorrect information on Entropedia - I dont know who is doing it.

Btw, I've looted every part of Goblin from those mobs over the years - its doable. :)

OK. And so my epic quest begins! Thanks for all the help guys!

Back