Hunting with Korss H400 (L)....

eoden13

Stalker
Society
Classified
Eoden Asmodeus Rydar
So I have a question and a rant...

first off I have heard from everyone in game and on the forum about how the Korss H400 (L) is so freaking uber awesome. People would give their first born child to hunt with this stupid sick eco weapon that rocks!

so... I buy one finally... slap an a103 amp on it(all I got) and use it a bit till I can slap a DMG enhancer on it.

Alrighty lets try it out!

Drone run Total fing loss! I maybe got back 20-30%

Droka run was actually better! I got back about 65%

Argo was about the same as the drone... Fing hairy bastards were mocking me...

Atrox actually was probably the best and got back about 85%

so far this gun has resulted in the worse over all return on loot... so am I just getting the shit end of the stick with this gun or does everyone else get pooptacular loot with it?? Is the only reason people rave about this gun and recomend it, is so someone else will have to experience the shit poor loot as well???

I have very rarely complained about loot but this thing is so damn horrible I started cussing at drones in my chat log!!!

BTW yes I have the skills to use it.... I am level 42 Laser DMG and 36 Laser Handgun HIT.

I was using TT fap between mobs to heal up.

Shogun Armor for drones

and Gremlin for anything else.

Anyways after seeing 500 ped just disappear with this Uber like a MACbook gun I am completely unhappy with it...

anyone else? or am I just the sucker feeding the Korss H400 loot pool...

you do know that the gun you use to kill a mob has NOTHING to do with how much loot it has right?
and as for the korss, my wife uses one almost exclusively and she just past 7k handgun....matter of fact, a look at her global screenies for the last 4 years shows her using a korss for at least 85% of them.
dont hate the weapon, hate the dynamic loot.

How'd you get so high without ever seeing a downward loot trend?

Usually for me, I get through 2 guns with bad loot and 1 gun with good loot. You might want to try a few more h400's before dumping it forever.

Hmm maybe you just need to track your loot better... 30%return on drone after MU is just not possible. :wise:
I mean ok if you kill 10 drones ofc or if u like to shoot the sky.... but otherwise no.
Personaly I don´t like using those (L) stuffs because they never give me decent returns. I do better with UL SIB like my UL HL8.... however I am not saying that I am doing "good". I am just getting better returns with the weapon.
I think you can use the most eco gear in the world and if you hunt at the wrong place at the wrong time you will get shitty returns anyway. A UL gun helps with that too because once it is there you can focus on choosing a mob and when to kill it. I feel that helps the returns. :yup:

you do know that the gun you use to kill a mob has NOTHING to do with how much loot it has right?
and as for the korss, my wife uses one almost exclusively and she just past 7k handgun....matter of fact, a look at her global screenies for the last 4 years shows her using a korss for at least 85% of them.
dont hate the weapon, hate the dynamic loot.

Yeah I do know that... just makes me feel better bitching at it. :) I guess I have been on a high loot streak and I just happen to change guns as I go down the valley of poop loot.

So what in the heck was your wife hunting? so far I haven't found much I enjoy hunting with this thing...

Yup I still blame the korss. :) but i will get over it.

That has nothing to do with the gun,

i used the Korss for the first time yesterday, and it rocks nice little gun, pretty fast, good amount of damage.

The problem is with hunting and how the loot is so shockingly bad

Hmm maybe you just need to track your loot better... 30%return on drone after MU is just not possible. :wise:
I mean ok if you kill 10 drones ofc or if u like to shoot the sky.... but otherwise no.
Personaly I don´t like using those (L) stuffs because they never give me decent returns. I do better with UL SIB like my UL HL8.... however I am not saying that I am doing "good". I am just getting better returns with the weapon.
I think you can use the most eco gear in the world and if you hunt at the wrong place at the wrong time you will get shitty returns anyway. A UL gun helps with that too because once it is there you can focus on choosing a mob and when to kill it. I feel that helps the returns. :yup:

Maybeeee.... it wasn't that bad. I just needed a good rant. :)

I have had only horrible to middling results with H400(L) too. Its not that I haven't had those with other guns but with Korss, its all I have had. I don't think there is a reason to think the gun as such is intrisicly bad. Its just like with camping mobs - those that like camping and those who get good results from it, promote it - but it does not work for everybody.

That has nothing to do with the gun,

i used the Korss for the first time yesterday, and it rocks nice little gun, pretty fast, good amount of damage.

The problem is with hunting and how the loot is so shockingly bad

I agree with that! your statement is spot on. the Korss really is a nice DPS gun for what it is... but loot is sooo freaking in the dumpsters. I also normally don't hunt on the weekdays and It seems the weekdays are worse for loot. I usually just stick to the weekends and I think the higher volume of traffic gives a bit better loot all around.

I have had only horrible to middling results with H400(L) too. Its not that I haven't had those with other guns but with Korss, its all I have had. I don't think there is a reason to think the gun as such is intrisicly bad. Its just like with camping mobs - those that like camping and those who get good results from it, promote it - but it does not work for everybody.

True... camping never worked for me either...

Check... camping doesn't work.
Check... Korss H400 doesn't like me.

If loot in general doesn't change I think I might have to quit hunting or quit all together. I don't want an ATH I just would enjoy playing for longer periods of time. the challenge! the team work! the late night drunking hunts in my under wear... IRL and in game...

then again I guess without the chance of an ATH the iron challenges are about like counting to 16600... :eyecrazy:

Comparing guns based on loot is silly, imho, since loot is so variable.

A better comparison for you would be to track your total cost of hunting a given number/maturity of creatures with H400 as opposed to your other options.

But before you do that, get a better amp! A104 is minimum for a serious hunter, and A105 is more like it.

But before you do that, get a better amp! A104 is minimum for a serious hunter, and A105 is more like it.

can I borrow yours? I promise to give it back. :)

True... camping never worked for me either...

Check... camping doesn't work.
Check... Korss H400 doesn't like me.

If this (bitching) works for your Catharsis....then it's fine to do it ...:)

BTW i think p5a is as good as korss400....given the low MU of P5a ....I think I'd prefer to use P5a as opposed to Korss 400.

...just my 2c

Why is that? The worst I have seen on drones was slightly above 40% of ammo back - it was a rotten run on small drones near Jason where I got pretty much just Gazzurdite and little to nothing of anything else. Ammo was about 75% of my costs, so I did get back around 30% of costs. Getting 30% or 34% back is not such a major difference, you know. And I'm sure a higher percentage of no looters could have pushed it lower too.

PS. No, it was not ten drones, more like 140 ped of ammo into LR32+A103.
PPS. No, this is not a whine. Wrong mob at wrong time, sure.

If this (bitching) works for your Catharsis....then it's fine to do it ...:)

BTW i think p5a is as good as korss400....given the low MU of P5a ....I think I'd prefer to use P5a as opposed to Korss 400.

...just my 2c

Yes... yes it does. :) thank you very much... eh so who hasn't used this forum to vent about thier bad hunts...

I thought about the P5a but the Korss was slightly faster and that appealed to me more.

I am honestly used to hunting with something that does a bit more dmg and I am also used to hunting larger animals. So trying to compare my loot before to what I have now is not exactly the best judgement of a hunt.

can I borrow yours? I promise to give it back. :)

A104 with collat, sure :)

(Rest are in daily use.)

Really, I'm always surprised by hunters that reach a level like yours without owning at least an A104. A-series amps are by far the best buys in the game--they contribute to holding costs down on every hunt, and they hold their value quite well.

Look on the bright side of your low-return H400 hunts--if you had lost that % on hunts with bigger weapons you'd have lost a whole lot more peds!

use a105 on korss and p5a love it for a economy weapon,

First of all, I never really liked the korss, prefer the p5a over it anytime (especially since I get it for tt, not that it matters much now with nearly no mu).

Since when are you keeping track?
I only started a couple of months ago and I found out what mobs like me and which ones don't. Only keep track of tt, since most loot needs to be hoarded to sell. Maybe you just havent found the right mob yet? :scratch2: What are your overall returns?
Talk ingame I guess :laugh:

use a105 on korss and p5a love it for a economy weapon,

yeah and with a106 they even start to do some serious dps... but still I needed the jump up to hl8 because that is just another category of dps alltogether. But as others have suggested maybe try a p5a next time it´s lower MU will help you because the MU is not recorded as cost by MA and thus ofc not returned to you.

Why is that? The worst I have seen on drones was slightly above 40% of ammo back - it was a rotten run on small drones near Jason where I got pretty much just Gazzurdite and little to nothing of anything else. Ammo was about 75% of my costs, so I did get back around 30% of costs. Getting 30% or 34% back is not such a major difference, you know. And I'm sure a higher percentage of no looters could have pushed it lower too.

PS. No, it was not ten drones, more like 140 ped of ammo into LR32+A103.
PPS. No, this is not a whine. Wrong mob at wrong time, sure.

I have done around 250k ped (300 ped/run) ammo into drones with p5a+106, shogun+3b. Logged all of the hunts and the absolute low and worst run of TOTAL tt-return was 66% (only one that low), some were round 70-75%, most was around 80-90% TT return. Total return with MU was around 110% and thats with counting ammo, decay etc. This is drones we talk about, no other mob.

If I don't manage to get that low return in that ped cycled I don't give much for the ppl who does and the way he plays :D. No its not wrong mob at the wrong time. It's most likely the way you play :silly2:

Just saying...

So what in the heck was your wife hunting? so far I haven't found much I enjoy hunting with this thing...

pretty much anything I want ! :dance:

Now, mind you - I don't go out daily killing crazy stuff like Proteron, Scips, or Hogglos (although I have, a time or two) .. but I have always loved a korss for regular hunting. Allo / Feff / Esto / Atrox / Ambu / big-ass argos / etc. etc.
I'm definitely not a good loot queen - but I've always used the korss and stick by it, to the end! :bowdown:

But I agree with what Coop says .. you need at least an A104 to make it worthwhile.

Yup I still blame the korss. :) but i will get over it.

NOoOoOooO ! Leave the korss alone ! What did it ever do to you !?!?! :laugh:

good luck turning around your loot :thumbup:

If I don't manage to get that low return in that ped cycled I don't give much for the ppl who does and the way he plays :D. No its not wrong mob at the wrong time. It's most likely the way you play :silly2:

I don't give much for your attitude either, or your assumptions on what things are equal when and how.

A104 with collat, sure :)

(Rest are in daily use.)

Really, I'm always surprised by hunters that reach a level like yours without owning at least an A104. A-series amps are by far the best buys in the game--they contribute to holding costs down on every hunt, and they hold their value quite well.

Look on the bright side of your low-return H400 hunts--if you had lost that % on hunts with bigger weapons you'd have lost a whole lot more peds!

I did have some but I sold out of laser stuff and went to BLP for awhile. :) now I am comming back to Laser.

First of all, I never really liked the korss, prefer the p5a over it anytime (especially since I get it for tt, not that it matters much now with nearly no mu).

Since when are you keeping track?
I only started a couple of months ago and I found out what mobs like me and which ones don't. Only keep track of tt, since most loot needs to be hoarded to sell. Maybe you just havent found the right mob yet? :scratch2: What are your overall returns?
Talk ingame I guess :laugh:

Hey Suu,

I build a spreedsheet for everything... I have just been a lot more happy with the results of my other hunts I never felt the need to vent in forum. :) I will send you a PM.

pretty much anything I want ! :dance:

Now, mind you - I don't go out daily killing crazy stuff like Proteron, Scips, or Hogglos (although I have, a time or two) .. but I have always loved a korss for regular hunting. Allo / Feff / Esto / Atrox / Ambu / big-ass argos / etc. etc.
I'm definitely not a good loot queen - but I've always used the korss and stick by it, to the end! :bowdown:

But I agree with what Coop says .. you need at least an A104 to make it worthwhile.

NOoOoOooO ! Leave the korss alone ! What did it ever do to you !?!?! :laugh:

good luck turning around your loot :thumbup:

Those mobs you listed were next on my hunting list to try with the Korss... I have probably just picked the wrong mobs to start with for my style of play.

Also thanks for being the first person to enjoy the underline sarcastic humor of this post. :)

Back