Hurricanes and their unscheduled annoyance...

Mikah

~Proud Sweataholic~
Society
Freelancer
Lia Mikah Seeker
Hey there,

Well, it's Hurricane Season where I live (Florida), it seems the first hurricane to hit us this season will be Ernesto Hurricane (who names these hurricanes?? :confused: )..

Anywho, I've been asked many times "Mikah, when is your next event" and or similar questions of that matter... since unfortunatly I can't control weather and it's hard for me to predict hurricanes, tropical storms, power outages, etc, at this time it's hard for me to create and arrange scheduled events, so I ask for patience for everyone regarding this and any inconvenience (rescheduling for example) this may cause to anyone, as hurricanes and tropical storms can give only days in advance of notice and they are usually very unpredictable ( as far as last minute turns)..

Ernesto will be hitting a few counties, including mine (Broward County) by tomorrow night, if it will strenghten or turn into a tropical storm is uncertain at this point. The gas stations have long lines already! and everything in the stores is flying off the shelf from people buying at the last minute..

I'm not sure if we will be severely affected by this or not, last hurricane Wilma hit us, left us without electricity for about 3 weeks and unemployed for almost a month.. it was survival of the fittest in our county with all businesses shut down... this was a low category 2, imagine a higher one!

For all Floridian players and states/cities that will be affected by Ernesto or any of the hurricanes this season, take care and be safe, be prepared and let your friends ingame know in advance about this, as you never know how long you'll be left offline :( .. post here if your gonna get hit by a hurricane!!

P.S- even a small tropical storm can leave people without any power, so you never know, below are some maps showing the path of the hurricane..I live on practically the lower, center of Fl, right smackdown the path of the damm hurricane.Good news- no work tomorrow! Looks like I'll be taking the Cam and some Vid and walk out in the Eye of the hurricane like I did at Wilma :tongue2: ..

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Just wanted to offer my best wishes to you Micah and all others in the hurricane path this season. I am from Florida originally, and still have family and friends there, so know how much chaos even a TS can cause. Have made it through a few big ones myself, which is a big reason I no longer live there :eek:

Thanks for the thread reminding us all that players from that part of the world may 'dissappear' for awhile this time of year for reasons beyond thier control.

hope all goes well, im on the panhandle and we took our last beating in Ivan :eek:

Best wishes for staying safe Mikah & others in the path. Look after yourselves.

Be careful
my best wishes to the whole area
and Mikah, DON'T FILM THIS THING, get away ^^
stay save, and gather some ropes, to fasten yourself

funny i watched twister just a view days ago
keep your head down for flying cows :rolleyes:
take care

be safe and be careful, i dont wish bad things on anybody

muttley said:
be safe and be careful, i dont wish bad things on anybody

Yes and good luck surviving all the repetitve and torturous news broadcasts! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lan said:
Yes and good luck surviving all the repetitve and torturous news broadcasts! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not to mention that it never turned into a hurricane, what a huge dissapointment :banghead: .. I'm still waiting for the flying palm trees, the moving cars and some broken windows here :tapfinger ( yes, I have issues)

Oh well, still got 2 paid days off work :tongue2:

Mikah said:
Not to mention that it never turned into a hurricane, what a huge dissapointment :banghead: .. I'm still waiting for the flying palm trees, the moving cars and some broken windows here :tapfinger ( yes, I have issues)

Oh well, still got 2 paid days off work :tongue2:

I know. I miss hurricane parties! :)

I moved to NC, and we rarely even get a decent thunderstorm. For those of you not familiar with Florida weather, the state sometimes gets labeled as "the lightning capital of the world" and such. We are talking 3000+ strikes in an hour in some cases. :eek:

Lan said:

Had a hurricane party yes, will have another party tonight :beerchug: :smoke:

Yea, we get storms all the time, for people who think coming to Florida on summer time is a good idea, I beg to differ :wise: . I've been in FL for about 6 years now tho, I had never seen so much flooding and tropical storms in my life until I came here.. sometimes I miss NY weather :(

Any annoyance I provide will now be scheduled to avoid confusion. :rolleyes:

I go to USF in Tampa, FL and all it did here was rain a bit. Nothing too extreme. Kinda disappointing since there was all this talk of classes being canceled, and everyone throwing hurricane parties, but :rolleyes: nothing...

Lan said:

What hurricane.....dammit! A tiny bit of wind and rain! I wanted all out, balls to the wall, door shaking off the hinges hurricane. That is when it is fun and the shots begin! Of course that is when you decide "wouldn't it be cool to see if the umbrella will lift me off the ground" :laugh:

Back