Help: I am a bit confussed about Arsonistic Chips

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I bought an Arsonistic Chip I just for fun. It said that it would do 100 damage over 10 seconds but what I saw was different. I was watching the hits and it was showing 1.2 dmg to around 9 as the burning clicked away. I think I saw a 35.8 once, is that possiable? Anyway I expected much more from the chip. Can someone give me a little help please. BTW I am 10/10 on both hit and dmg and it showed damage range 50-100 I think.
TIA for the help.

I bought an Arsonistic Chip I just for fun. It said that it would do 100 damage over 10 seconds but what I saw was different. I was watching the hits and it was showing 1.2 dmg to around 9 as the burning clicked away. I think I saw a 35.8 once, is that possiable? Anyway I expected much more from the chip. Can someone give me a little help please. BTW I am 10/10 on both hit and dmg and it showed damage range 50-100 I think.
TIA for the help.

It works like this:
  • 10% of damage is done on hit (instant)
  • 90% of damage is done over 10 seconds.

Anomalie: sometimes - probably due to lag - the damage over time stacks and it does not appear right away but in stacked way after small gap times. This may result as bigger damage shown that you notice.

But over all damage (10% + 90%) is always between min and max values.

@edit:
you probably know this already but you can almost instanlty swap to any other weapon after using the arso chip. Ths makes hunting more interesting and arso chip adds extra damage over your existant setup ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
Yes, what Falagor said, sometime the damage indicator stacks the damage. Sometimes for me if I'm too far away it won't show them taking any damage until I move closer, then it show it all in one go.

The first hit is often very low (lower than 50%), I'm not sure why MA have done it that way, but add up the total damage next time; it will be between 50-100.

Thanks guys for the info, that all make sense now. Just to go little further so I understand better. I would never expect less than 50 dmg or more than 100 dmg per time? Do you think one could get a critical hit and get more dmg than the 100? Is the amount of dmg determinded at the time of the toss and then that amount split over the 10 seconds? Maybe the 35 dmg I saw was part of a critical hit but if it was I don't think the total was over 100.

Anyway it is interesting chip but has awful decay.
Thanks again for the info.

Do you think one could get a critical hit and get more dmg than the 100? Is the amount of dmg determinded at the time of the toss and then that amount split over the 10 seconds? Maybe the 35 dmg I saw was part of a critical hit but if it was I don't think the total was over 100.

If you get a Critical Hit with such a chip, you will deal 100-200 dmg over 10 seconds instead of 50-100. The "Critical Hit" message will then be visible for the first damage instance only, of that particular hit.

Remember that one hit with it is basically like 10 hits :silly2:

Thanks guys for the info, that all make sense now. Just to go little further so I understand better. I would never expect less than 50 dmg or more than 100 dmg per time? Do you think one could get a critical hit and get more dmg than the 100? Is the amount of dmg determinded at the time of the toss and then that amount split over the 10 seconds? Maybe the 35 dmg I saw was part of a critical hit but if it was I don't think the total was over 100.

Thanks again for the info.

The mechanics are exactly the same as any other weapon except the damage is split over the 10 secs. You'll never get less than 50dam and never more than 100 unless you get a crit in which case the damage will be between 150 and 200 (crit is max dam plus a normal dam i think).

I'm pretty sure the dam is decided when the mob is struck and then split roughly evenly over the 10secs.

I've not tested the lvl 1 chip but the arson/ignite chips I have decay tested are all pretty good. They will decay big and use a lott of ammo because they do a lot of damage, but they're not poor eco weapons.

If you get a Critical Hit with such a chip, you will deal 100-200 dmg over 10 seconds instead of 50-100.
(...)

^ this is not true - this is true:

(...)
unless you get a crit in which case the damage will be between 150 and 200 (crit is max dam plus a normal dam i think).

----------

I'm pretty sure the dam is decided when the mob is struck and then split roughly evenly over the 10secs.

I've not tested the lvl 1 chip but the arson/ignite chips I have decay tested are all pretty good. They will decay big and use a lott of ammo because they do a lot of damage, but they're not poor eco weapons.

Yes - i am 100% sure the actual damage done is detemined on hit/struck on the mob. Easy to prove this - there is small ico on health bar showing the "flaming" effect. If you hover mouse over it it shows "dmg/sec" actual value (1/10 of 90% is shown).

And also i confirm that eco on arso chips is actually great (espetially on the arso III TEN ul one - its above 2.95).

---------

If there is still someone who does not fully understand how arso chips works and mayby have doubts how much damage is done per each hit - simple answer: test it.
Easiest and best test to see how they work:
  • turn on Entropia Tracker and combat logging (for damage logging)
  • find mob that has much hp but does not hit much (i.e. Nusul)
  • shoot it once and let it burn for whole time
  • check Tracker for actual damage done and note it down
  • reset Trackers combat log and repeat for more data

You will see that damage done is always between Rand(min,max) (and when crit its always between Rand(min,max) + max ) ;).

Falagor

I can also confirm that one does get crit hits. I was trying to watch the dmg and it was around 165-170 which may confirm that crit hits are 150-200.
I didn't say the chips weren't eco just the decay was awful. The Arson I I have had a full TT of 24 ped and I think the one I bought value was almost 22 and the as I remember I bought 20 ped worth of ammo and it is over half gone. Even though the eco is good you would need 2 or 3 to do a 100 ped run. Of course you could get higher lvl chip but more expensive and my implant only allows me to go to a lvl 3 chip. The chip is fun but I don't think I would use as my primary weapon and really I don't think I would spend the ped to get a high enough lvl to really do dmg and the additional cost of new implant if one could be found.
But like I said they are fun.

I can also confirm that one does get crit hits. I was trying to watch the dmg and it was around 165-170 which may confirm that crit hits are 150-200.
I didn't say the chips weren't eco just the decay was awful. The Arson I I have had a full TT of 24 ped and I think the one I bought value was almost 22 and the as I remember I bought 20 ped worth of ammo and it is over half gone. Even though the eco is good you would need 2 or 3 to do a 100 ped run. Of course you could get higher lvl chip but more expensive and my implant only allows me to go to a lvl 3 chip. The chip is fun but I don't think I would use as my primary weapon and really I don't think I would spend the ped to get a high enough lvl to really do dmg and the additional cost of new implant if one could be found.
But like I said they are fun.

Yea, the chip is not meant to be a primary weapon, it's a support weapon. My hunting process at the moment is:

Tag with Baringer -> flame with Arson TEN when in range -> X1 for 8 secs -> if mob HP more than 1/2 then flame again -> X1 for 8 secs -> repeat until death.

I used a lot of I's and II's alongside X1 and they would usually last me for about 1500 ped BLP ammo on the X1. Now with the arson III TEN I don't even check anymore but the TT is enough to for a couple of 1000 ped ammo hunts, I've never had it break mid-run.

Also, if you want to make your chips last longer get yourself a NeoPsion 30-B or 50-B Mindforce Implant (L). They are available for a little over TT and will make your chips last 20% longer.

Yea, the chip is not meant to be a primary weapon, it's a support weapon. My hunting process at the moment is:

Tag with Baringer -> flame with Arson TEN when in range -> X1 for 8 secs -> if mob HP more than 1/2 then flame again -> X1 for 8 secs -> repeat until death.

I used a lot of I's and II's alongside X1 and they would usually last me for about 1500 ped BLP ammo on the X1. Now with the arson III TEN I don't even check anymore but the TT is enough to for a couple of 1000 ped ammo hunts, I've never had it break mid-run.

Also, if you want to make your chips last longer get yourself a NeoPsion 30-B or 50-B Mindforce Implant (L). They are available for a little over TT and will make your chips last 20% longer.

I think, if I remember right, the NeoPsion(L) (don't remember the number) will take 50% of the decay of a MF chip. I may have mis-read but I thought it said 50%.

BTW while on the NeoPsion chip I have another question. It was, when I started playing, if you had a MF chip that was a lvl 7 then you would have to have an implant that was a lvl 7. Since the change to 10-20-30 etc I don't know how that works now.

I think, if I remember right, the NeoPsion(L) (don't remember the number) will take 50% of the decay of a MF chip. I may have mis-read but I thought it said 50%.

BTW while on the NeoPsion chip I have another question. It was, when I started playing, if you had a MF chip that was a lvl 7 then you would have to have an implant that was a lvl 7. Since the change to 10-20-30 etc I don't know how that works now.

No it's either 10% or 20% depending on the L implant, no higher ones have dropped that i'm aware of.

As for the levels, just get a 50, it will let you use anything with level requirement up to 50, and ive seen them going for 102%.

This also increases the eco (incl. markup) of (L) chips with higher markup than the implant :)

No it's either 10% or 20% depending on the L implant, no higher ones have dropped that i'm aware of.

As for the levels, just get a 50, it will let you use anything with level requirement up to 50, and ive seen them going for 102%.

I checked and you are right. its hell when your eyesight is bad. I have a lvl 30 implant and I am not a big MF user so that should be plenty for me, Thanks for the info.

If you shoot with the Arsonistic chip III TEN Edition then you have to wait for 12 seconds(it's reload time according to wiki) before switching to let's say a laser pistol? :scratch2:

If you shoot with the Arsonistic chip III TEN Edition then you have to wait for 12 seconds(it's reload time according to wiki) before switching to let's say a laser pistol? :scratch2:

No, I use it with L1000 & can shoot right away. The timer is a cooldown to use the chip again, the reload is pretty instant.

No, I use it with L1000 & can shoot right away. The timer is a cooldown to use the chip again, the reload is pretty instant.

what he said and is instance.

reload for TEN chip (the time after which u can swap to another item) isn't instant, it's 1.3secs (acording to arkadia info) the same as using a weap with 46 attacks per min. The L chips feel a fraction slower but that might be my imagination, it doesn't actualy say on the chip what the reload time is.

Now, this is a good advice.

Thanks for clarification guys!

Just one more question, does anyone think that using a Synchronization Chip will help when using this chip or any attack chip for that matter? If so what would the help be, like less misses or maybe more crit-hits?

Just one more question, does anyone think that using a Synchronization Chip will help when using this chip or any attack chip for that matter? If so what would the help be, like less misses or maybe more crit-hits?

Sadly Synchronizatiod chip is not much of an use for attack chips (only partially usefull when using strike chips).

Synchronization chips only help a little with mindforce related abilites that need concentration time

Concentration happens in this cases:
  • sweating (when the tool started to gather sweat)
  • strike chips
  • effect chips
  • tp chips
  • (i am not sure if area effect regen chip)

Synch chip helps only very little with chips. When normally trying to "charge" strike/effect/tp chip and you get hit the bar will be reset to 0. When with synch chip it will be reset a little less (but still is set back). How much it is set back is based on synh chip strength - example strongest synch chip only will reduce 42% of reduction.
So for examnple if your tp bar is "charged" in 80% and:
  • you get hit without synch it resets to 0%
  • with 0.42 strength synch it resets to ~33.6%
So in situation when you are beeing hit by many mobs it will be still very unlikely you will be able to "charge" the strike/effect/tp chip even when using curently strongest synch chip.
Besides - strike chips (attack type) should be mostly used as first big damage done (instead off or as a tagger). So no synch chip needed here at all.

On the other hand synch chip help a lot when you plan solo sweating (or sweat-hutning). While gathering procedure starts and you:
  • get hit without synch - the concentration procedure is broken.
  • get hit with synch chip - the concentraton is not broken (it will finish unless you cancel it by unequiping tool or loosing aim at mob) but delayed a little - hard to say exactly how much delayed but observation tells its similar to previosuly described strength effect.
So in this case it leads to situation that more "started" gathering procedures are finsihed leading to more sweat/hour gathered when solo sweating. Of course it is way better to sweat in group because the chance for loosing concentration is much smaller - making synch chip nearly useless in group sweating.

In other cases than sweating imho its not worth using at all (mayby in pvp lootable areas for easier tp escape).

It does not add any other effect than this. So no extra crits, less misses or any other advantage.

Falagor

Back