Help: I Chipped in, so now what?

-Lofty-

Mature
I had some spare PED's (honest I haven't spent 3months salery on it), and decided to increase my mining skill, I have a few mining friends and I enjoy going out exploring anyway so mining goes nicly with this. Anyway back on track, after a month or so mining I chipped in surveyor and it is now up to lvl10. Now I wanted advise as to the best finder to use - I was using a 102 as that was my lvl, now of course I am above that.
I was thinking 105, but wanted to know if anyone had alternate suggestions.

The other thing is my other mining releated skills are still hovering around the lvl 0 -1 area so I was wandering if they will "drag me down" with any of my mining.
I don't care about driller, I'll just stand around longer.
But how do prospector and miner affect mining?

(I am mainly doing Matter not Ores at the moment if this makes a difference).

Thanks
Lofty

P.S.
Some people look down on people who chip in.
Why are naturals/pures better?
Seems a bit Nazi Aryan Race to me.
For the people who feel this way I point out
It is important for people wanting to leave the game, or people who make money selling skills (not forgetting of course all the hunters who make a nice profit on ESI chips.

Last edited:
How will it affect you?

Congratz, now you can use a better finder. Enjoy your trip to your next one ;).

105 or 211 are more or less equivalent, but if you're lvl 10 surveyor, keep an eye to that tik300.

All I know of chipping in is, you never get the ped back from what it costed to buy them.

First of all chipped in or natural it does`nt matter. Skills are skills. But what can effect things is uneven skills. How much we are not sure but that`s what I hear from various sources. I went the natural route so I`m supposedly well balanced which was my intent from he beginning at least for hunting and mining. I think I`ve been pretty lucky sustaining play on meager and infrequent deposits. But no towers for me yet.

Now what finder to use depends on a few things. Do you want to spend a little PED for a finder? Do you want one with sib? One thing I do know is that depth counts for quite a bit when it comes to finding certain minerals. And even with little skills you can get a max depth with some bigger finders though just not as often. You could take the route of use the biggest you can afford. Or zero in on a (L) finder to match your skill level and get some sib. Maybe the question is more what do you want to accomplish most with the finder.

Good luck and my you find your tower faster than it`s taking me to find mine!

:tower:

Use whichever L finder gives you the most depth with your skills.

And don't worry about "uneven" skills.

Now my friend it i time to use the force i can sense the force hase grown inside of you now use it

uneven skills means nothing - its all about your professional standing.

Like someone said - use the L finder that gives you the deepest depth - once u max it get the next one - and on and on and on. :wtg:

Thanks for all the replies.
I think a tik300 is the way to go as it's slightly better than a 105, alot cheaper and I will have it maxed, could use a 400 but the markup jumps a bit so I'm going to wait till I am more settled in with these skills.

So my main question now, is it worth me getting an amp? I was only thinking 101(light) but is it worth it?

Also can anyone tell me what profession standings
Prospector and Miner do?

Thanks for the advise, and keep it coming :D

I'd recomend to stay off amps till you have found some places where you consistently find ores with higher markup then the amp.

But the 101 amps are relativly cheap. You can get them for around 105%.

[EDIT - I just realized you where talking about enmater amps and the price I said is for ore amps (as that's all I mine). But the priciple is the same ofcourse.]

Last edited:
How does the markup matter?

If you say found oil and the size was originally a XXI but is now an XXII you will have easily made the 30PED cost back even if you TT the oil

How does the markup matter?

If you say found oil and the size was originally a XXI but is now an XXII you will have easily made the 30PED cost back even if you TT the oil

it's the nrf streaks that eat away at the cost of using amps :)

when i max a finder out, i wait and use the current finder i have a little longer just so i have more skills then needed to use the finder i maxed.

it feels that when i use a new finder i jsut maxed, it just dosent feel very effective. but after i get more skills then what i need to max it, it feels more effective.

If any of you can understand what the heck i just typed :laugh:

it's the nrf streaks that eat away at the cost of using amps :)

Exactly. The average % return (in TT value) will be the same with or without amp. So an amp is only "profitable" if you get ores/enmaters you can sell with a higher % markup then the amp you use.

That's the rule of thumb any way. If you are a number freek like me you have an excel sheet where you put in all data on finders and amps so you can get the exact cost incl. markup for each bomb/probe drop :)

Useing that sheet I've concluded that I need to sell my ore at an average markup of 120% to break even (counted on an averaqge TT return of 85%)... But that's a bit of topic so I'll just shut up now :ahh:

Surveyor is for finding Enmatters
Drilling is for extracting Enmatters

Prospecting is for finding Ores
Mining is for extracting Ores

I recommend that you avoid amps, at least until you have used your finder long enough to tell if an amp is helping or not.
Enmatter amps have a higher markup because they cost more to craft. I think MA screwed up on this one, you'd think that enmatter amps would be the cheapest to craft.

Back