I fear for Cyrene if it is released now

Status
Good point. It might be nice if what can be looted is not so much tied to real money... make it so that the only stacks that can be looted in space are sweat, fruit, dung, mission tokens, and maybe other fragments and then many more might travel between planets... ;)

Blinders on much? Many are not ever meant to travel between planets. Space is meant to be for the few brave enough to risk it all. Interplanetary trade is meant to be lucrative because its meant to be high risk.

I feel like ideas like this exist only because players continue to want to buy into the idea that Entropia Universe is some get rich quick platform. They want space to be lucrative, but they only want it to be lucrative on their terms -- which are of course the most docile and risk free terms possible. They think EU is the great internet cash giveaway. That it's the promised land where thousands of nerds can make money by playing video games.

This is not what Entropia Universe is. It was a mistake by MA to try to market the product that way, and it is a mistake for players to attempt to make the product into something like this. The only thing that will come of a great cash giveaway and making things easy is MA goes broke and nobody gets to play a good game.

Only a few lucky or creative ones will pull a profit. The rest of us get to pay for our entertainment, just like everyone else.

Turning on easy mode will not encourage trading. Turning on easy mode will not get you rich. Turning on easy mode will lower markup, and will undermine what is a very fragile economic situation. Turning on easy mode will screw many hangar owners and mothership owners out of tens of thousands of dollars of their own investment because suddenly their protection will not be necessary. Their ships will be useless as everyone and their mom flies by in a warp drive outfitted sleipnir while playing the Care Bears Countdown.

I just find this thing so funny.

Soo many of the people who told me I was goofy, that I post "The sky is falling", that I had no clue what was going on are now stating the things I said years ago regarding how all this will unfold..

To the community I say thank you...I sit and smile greatly while laughing throughout this entire thread. I see it funny that the upper level nay sayers hold to their beliefs since they are STILL the ones treated well throughout all of this.

Again to you I say.. the shit will slowly rise up hill and I will again be here to laugh.

You are joking here right? Remember a lot of players are still STUCK on RT due to the space update. I've seen from a couple of players who say they are just going to stay on RT until space is fixed...the only problem is how long are they willing to wait?

I find this hard to believe, unless these players are simply waiting for a free ride. In most cases (crafters excepted) you don't need to take stackables with you when you travel. And if you do, you can always get a safe ride on a mothership.

space travel = lootable pvp = epic fail

That sums it up. The very vast majority of players will not travel at all (and have not travelled once)... Why, cause we are talking about real money here, not some WOW gold, but real money. So why introduce lootable pvp at all ?

"very vast majority" is inaccurate. Thousands of players have already been to space. I've flown several hundred passengers myself. But it IS true that a good number of players have unfounded fears and misconceptions about space. I've spent a lot of time there and to be honest, I find no reason to fear going into space. If you can afford the fee (around 25 peds right now) or have your own ship, you can fly safely and have fun, without the need to worry... IF you follow these (mostly common sense) rules:

1) Leave your stackables (lootables) at home. If you're relocating, sell them off first. Anything that lives in your "Materials" and "Mined Resources" section of your inventory is lootable. Oil in a vehicle fuel tank is not lootable.
2) If you MUST take your stackables, then use one of the upgraded Motherships and warp. Be sure you're on a direct passenger flight--don't take stackables on space mob hunts!
3) If you're piloting your own vtol or quad:
- Take plenty of fuel (at least 10 peds)
- Take an RK-5 tool
- Take welding wire (1k or more)
- Make sure your thruster has at least .3 ped TT value left on it before entering space
- Each traveler must take at least 7 peds so you can TP down to a planet in the event you get separated from your ship (if not, you'll still need to pay 2 peds, per ship, for the re-entry tax)
- Do not leave or enter a planet, a space station, or a server between 4:55 am and 5:25 am (MA time)
- Get all travelers on each other's friend lists. Disconnections are fairly common.
- Know the basics of space travel (vehicle controls, safe zones, ship decay, vehicle repair, space mobs, recalling vehicles, waypoints, server zones, etc.)
- Make sure you have fully downloaded your planet of destination
- Give yourself extra time. You may have to wait for the safe zone to clear, CTDs, etc.
- If they own a VTOL, the passenger should bring it with them (along with oil and repair equipment). If the pilot has computer problems and disappears for an extended period of time, they will be able to fly to their destination and TP down to their destination on their own
- Avoid space mobs (orange triangles) if you don't want to hunt them or get killed
- If a pirate is harassing you, take screen shots and send a support case. He's allowed to shoot you down, that's PVP. But harassment is a violation of EULA. Remember that pirates are some of the least patient players in EU. You can easily wait them out. In addition, some pirates are really just juvenile attention-seekers. If they start pushing your ship or shouting insults at you, simply ignore them. Turn off all chat and go about your business, they eventually will leave you alone. Or better yet, follow my final suggestion and take advantage of the pirate:
- If a pirate shoots at you, and you're like me and don't like PVP, don't fret. Just think of it as a game and your score is the number of shots it takes to shoot you down. Reverse the camera and evade the shots. Don't worry about the decay on your quad or VTOL - it's minimal and worth the fun of watching him waste peds on a no-looter. Each shot is .4 ped. Plus, you do get defensive skills dodging the lasers. Think of it like sweating, only here the pirate is paying for your skilling and you don't have to worry about finding a sweat buyer afterward :) Be sure to go back again and again until the pirate is "dry".

Those are the basics. Follow them and you'll be a happy space traveler. Enjoy the sights and have fun. If you ever need a rescue, post on one of the forums or contact an organization like ASF or CCG.

Last edited:
Bjorn your right on...

I love how you can just go from a beginning of a thread to the end of a thread and by the time you get there it is not even about the same thing really.

Reading 10 pages of posts is not exactly my thing, but in this case it was worth it.

Bjorn, how you initially described the issues is actually surprisingly accurate. These are the "tough" issues that MA has to decide on. For me though, it's not really tough at all.... one thing would correct all of this..

Remove the lootable option from Space PVP.

Sure still have PVP, that is no problem, but if MA is really going to call space an Expansion, rather than a medium to platforms, I would rather like to take some time to view and participate in this new expansion, not constantly shift views and watch my radar.

As a planet partner, I would be hiring some really badass lawyer's to get out of my contract pronto, and MA can have back their worthless pieces of junk platforms after refunding me millions that I paid for it in the form of a lawsuit.

I am sure that MA is well protected from that scenario, but everyone knows that's what should happen.

But one other thing that really bothers me is the lack of realism in space.... robots even look like their going to invade and we have the Calypsian armada at our doorstep, yet we have pirates that are effectively embargoing a planet, harrassing and murdering it's travellers, stunting interplanetary trade, and thats okay?

No, a REAL simulation of what would happen is that there would be a planetary defense grid that surrounded at lease 1 AU in every direction around the planet, and around CP. FOMA would have it's own PODS (Planetary Object Defense Systems - I want PED to use this, I hereby copyright the anacronym... ROFL) that surrounded it, making direct travel between it and Calypso NON PVP.

The reason for this is FOMA is the primary supplier of materials for Calypso. It has bigger claims, and is the largest and closest off world supplier for crafters, and eventually ship upgraders, in the system. (By comparable volume)

So why EXACTLY is there not PODS all around it? Hmm....did someone in the Calypsian government have a brain fart?

I don't care if FOMA is player owned, I bet ya Squall would be the first person to say, well if you don't want to protect my space station, then I guess I will tax locally more to make up for my losses. But as Squall hasn't thought about this, it is not so, as of yet.

I mean we have turrets to protect us from mobs at supply stations and bases, but have nothing for Planets? CMON.

You could even leave lootable PVP in place with these, as turrets would shoot down only Evil aligned space-farers.

I think that would only be fair as we are risking it all to travel and the PVPers are risking nothing in balance. they have no loot on them, they are there to steal it from people they murder in cold blood. This way, once they kill, they are locked out from FOMA and planets until they are:

A. Killed by a GOOD aligned player and LOOTED... I.E. Neutral won't do it, and killed but didnt have anything to drop won't do it either.

B. Killed by PODS. (Akin to falling on one's sword to preserve honor.)

Also, to balance out the risk/reward more, if these PVPers are GOOD or neutral and kill a player, they are automatically evil, irregardless of whether the victim drops loot or not. (I think this is the way it is now, but not for sure, I don't PVP)

In addition to this, the PVPers will have a chance to lose something at random from their inventory if they "went PVP" and were killed with no loot. (I.E. Killed one person that had no loot, and then was killed by another player later on without killing and looting inbetween.) This would encourage the ideals that there are severe reprocussions for being a murder and thief, as it should be. Of course if you get loot while PVPing, and then are killed, you are simply being killed to recover what you stole.

Sure, PVPers might kill and then run to the nearest PODS station to clear their status and store their stolen goods, but how often are they going to do that? It costs money to repair. Doing it everytime just isn't economical.

Those ubers will then think twice about PVPing. Especially at that risk. There is another game that uses this methodology and some ideas were borrowed from it. It is called Nodiatis. PVPing is literally considered a special event in that game.

Additionally, you could also count EVIL or GOOD marks. EVIL marks mean that these are the number of ships you have killed, and represent an increased % chance to drop an inventory item if you are carrying no loot, but also increase your crit chance of the vehicle weapons 1% until you are killed and revived.

By contrast, GOOD marks earn you an extra 1.0 defense to your ship for every EVIL kill, until you are killed. These defenses can be used against players and space mobs alike, and are affected by enhancers. (Still to come for vehicles I assume)

There are so many wonderful things you can do and set up with space, and help the PP out to generate their economies, it is an absolute wonder how you people at MA came up with the present set up, because I think quite possibly it is the WORST setup I have ever seen structure wise.

Guess you won't let the janitor determine structure of content anymore huh?

Seriously Kim, this is just the icing on the cake for ideas, and I know I am not the only player out there with them. Why don't you allow internships presenting ideas and developing things at MA, and pay in ped for it? I think it would be quite the headline grabber, and may just save the game.

I feel like ideas like this exist only because players continue to want to buy into the idea that Entropia Universe is some get rich quick platform. They want space to be lucrative, but they only want it to be lucrative on their terms -- which are of course the most docile and risk free terms possible. They think EU is the great internet cash giveaway. That it's the promised land where thousands of nerds can make money by playing video games.

Do you like space because it's lootable? It sounds like you are the one here who is trying to make a fast buck while the ship is still afloat. So I ask you, if MA released space as non-lootable would you be yelling at them about it? If MA was to say to you that space is not lootable so that their current and future partners can be as one working as a group would better for all. Would you yell at them for this?

1) Leave your stackables (lootables) at home. If you're relocating, sell them off first. Anything that lives in your "Materials" and "Mined Resources" section of your inventory is lootable. Oil in a vehicle fuel tank is not lootable.

- If a pirate shoots at you, and you're like me and don't like PVP, don't fret. Just think of it as a game and your score is the number of shots it takes to shoot you down. Reverse the camera and evade the shots. Don't worry about the decay on your quad or VTOL - it's minimal and worth the fun of watching him waste peds on a no-looter. Each shot is .4 ped. Plus, you do get defensive skills dodging the lasers. Think of it like sweating, only here the pirate is paying for your skilling and you don't have to worry about finding a sweat buyer afterward :) Be sure to go back again and again until the pirate is "dry".

Yes, PvP space is great, Lootable PvP space is stupid.

PvP non-lootable space would give the option to go to planet A for some mining, planet B for some mob hunting and then Planet C to pick up some items in auction and craft a cool item.

What you stated couldn't happen since you stated that before one goes to space they should just store the items first in storage which sorry to say you seem to have missed the point of this issue.

And the answer isn't just to go out and shoot a few pirates in space. Sure you can pick up some great loot, but remember that loot was from a player who just joined the game a few month ago.

And if lootable space isn't all that big of deal anyway, then I ask why have it at all? I still stand that if we have lootable space then everything needs to be lootable. Why not? Oh that's right, one doesn't need to go into that area. Well with your logic, one doesn't need to play the game remember? And that's the problem we are going to have with lootable space. Partners are just going to give up and leave as well we will not have future partners.

Yes it is. When are you forced to go to another planet to continue playing at all?

Did you read this part?
x) A developer releases content on another planet than the one you currently are on and you want to try it out

If I normally do, let's say hunt foults on Treasure island, then I was fully able to explore the new islands without going through lootable pvp. Why whould I have to go through lootable pvp if I had been on Rocktropia or Next Island when the release came?

How would you feel if you live in a coutry, you live in south part, you have relatives in nothern part, and suddently Mafia groups takes over the middle part robbing everyone in sight? Would you get satisfied if the authorities said "You don't have to travel there, you can live in your part of the country forever without having to deal with the bad guys."

Last edited:
Did you read this part?
x) A developer releases content on another planet than the one you currently are on and you want to try it out

If I normally do, let's say hunt foults on Treasure island, then I was fully able to explore the new islands without going through lootable pvp. Why whould I have to go through lootable pvp if I had been on Rocktropia or Next Island when the release came?

Still not forced to be in lootable PvP. You do not have to go to other planets to keep playing. If you want to go is a completely different matter than if you have to go. Being forced and choosing is not the same thing.

Nighthawk your up too early, back ot bed with you hehe ;P

Still not forced to be in lootable PvP. You do not have to go to other planets to keep playing. If you want to go is a completely different matter than if you have to go. Being forced and choosing is not the same thing.

Then we can remove terminals and NPCs like auctioneers also?

After all, we don't have to hunt or mine. And when the resources dry out, the crafters doesn't have to craft.

We can all go sweating! Sweating just for fun! (As there will be no Nexus after miners have run out of probes, you don't have to spend time trying to sell the sweat.)

And the Berlin Wall must have been a great idea. After all, the people in western and eastern germany didn't have to meet up with their relatives, it was enough that they could wave on eachother.

Then we can remove terminals and NPCs like auctioneers also?

After all, we don't have to hunt or mine. And when the resources dry out, the crafters doesn't have to craft.

That is different, those are core systems of the planet. And bringing up the Berlin Wall as an example is a cynical and in my opinion utterly disgusting way of trying to gain sympathy for your side of the argument. I will not discuss this matter further.

I do not think so. There is no contradictory. In fact, the countries of the world work on that way. Thus, between different countries there are import and export of raw materials. But that does not mean that tickets and visas for travel and move from one country to another, have to be free or easy for entire populations. If that were so,all Cubans would stay in the U.S. and Cuba would be a desertic country. (this last was a little joke.. LOL)

This is not seggregated .. rather interdependace and complementary.

If something goes in USA economy the whole world is affected...

My point is lootable space (at least for now) is creating hardship for the new planets.
.. and not only that... calypso is taking the new players, the new planets are bringing in...

The restricted access (as most people hate lootable PVP ... well I got shot down flying back to ark so I dont think I will be texturing on caly anymore. If you need texturing done it will be via visit to me on arkadia only from now on.[/QUOTE]"]see this thread ), is creating problems for the planets to be complementary.

Last edited:
That is different, those are core systems of the planet.

From the day when planets were implemented together with the "one avatar" rule, I consider travel between planets as a core system aswell - with the possible exception where planet partners explicitly have made limitations or rules for travelling as a part of the design (time travel crystals, one way teleporter at "Gateway", space travel to reach Crystal Palace though it wasn't pvp ride in the beginning).

If space travel isn't a core system; well imagine an entropia universe without it. No more welding wire to repair vehicles on calypso, for instance.

Last edited:
Yes it is. When are you forced to go to another planet to continue playing at all?

Well technically you are right here, so let's expand this thought. Let's assume newcomers only get 1 TP in future now where Amethera is reachable without TP ( dunno if it's true but just an example anyway ). But why collect Teleporters, they can hunt, mine and craft in the Port Atlantis area, so no need to change location.

Hope you get the idea

tbh, i dont care about pvp on normal places, say amethera
i dont use armor there mostly so 0 decay, if someone wastes his peds shooting me, i couldnt care less
planetary lootable pvp i dont care about either, i dont go there and dont have to pass it to reach a non pvp zone either

space however is different
you have "armor" on, your ship decay, with a funky % as well even
and since its lootable you have ppl seeking you out

you barely get shot on amethera, cause there is no gain
even if you dont carry anything in space, you are still shot (and thus get decay) cause you -could- carry something

and you have to pass it if you want to another planet (non pvp zone)

and that matters imo
if i wouldnt have decay for that, i couldnt care less again, id actually fly into pirates :p

the other thing which worries me there, is that pirates have no risk, they dont have to carry anything yet can loot ppl
why?
they could at least pay the decay you receive when they shoot you

from another perspective
how many pirates are there really and how many ppl are currently bugged by it and how many would fly more or start flying if it wasnt

i (still) think that the pvp people are a minority, yet they determine the space experience, while the rest, who doesnt care about pvp, has negative effects of it

also, the "space is hard, thats realism" is nonsense
if you want realism, we start with easy things
say, probably one of the first things humans learned for hunting, is that it is useful to have a big hole for animals to kill them easier, aka trapping
which isn't allowed in EU, now where is the realism in that?

then there is physics
i may be totally wrong, but if you give an impulse (acceleration) to an object in space once, it flies for quite a while, actually forever theoretically, as there is nothing to stop it (gravity and other objects aside for now)
so why do i have to keep using my engine to move in space?
thrusters for braking and steering?
etc.

so, lets start with that stuff before we get to the realism part about space looting (which is obviously "beamed")

Well technically you are right here, so let's expand this thought. Let's assume newcomers only get 1 TP in future now where Amethera is reachable without TP ( dunno if it's true but just an example anyway ). But why collect Teleporters, they can hunt, mine and craft in the Port Atlantis area, so no need to change location.

Hope you get the idea

I got the idea from the start.

This example is not 100% the same thing, but yes you have to go through lootable to get to another planet. You have to go through lootable to be able to experience more if you are bored with your home planet. This is not the same thing as being forced to be in lootable PvP as some people tries to say it is though, and that is why I refuse to accept their so-called arguments.

I understand fully what the problem is, but I do not agree with trying to make it more than it is as some people do. That does not mean I like the lootable PvP (I simply can see both good and bad sides with it).

Anyways, now that some people are starting to pull out completely absurd (and borderline offensive) arguments/comparisons I no longer with to participate in the discussion and this will therefore be my last post on the subject.

My point is lootable space (at least for now) is creating hardship for the new planets.
.. and not only that... calypso is taking the new players, the new planets are bringing in...

Maybe because the new planet partners do not advertise enough, not only on the Internet, if not in "gamer TV programs" from worldwide..

The restricted access (as most people hate lootable PVP ... ), is creating problems for the planets to be complementary.

Believe me, if the entire people can go back and forth so easily, would be better for new PP if they get not new customers, but it will not better for current customers because the same people should give support economically to 5 companies and not just one as before.

In any case I think this problem is known by the PPs, and is something that they have considered in their strategies and costs, and I am sure, they do not need people to have "fear" for them here in the forums.

then there is physics
i may be totally wrong, but if you give an impulse (acceleration) to an object in space once, it flies for quite a while, actually forever theoretically, as there is nothing to stop it (gravity and other objects aside for now)
so why do i have to keep using my engine to move in space?
thrusters for braking and steering?

zomg, this has been annoying me for ages. I don't understand why my ship has a top speed. In space, what is possibly stopping me from going faster?!?!

Now if only they would impliment time dilation...

This discussion deserves a quote from my favorite band, Faith No More.

To those who want space to be non-lootable no PvP Care Bear Land, I dedicate this song to you.

I have thought about all this lootable Space (and other places as well) and came up with this solution.

Link to thread

In sort it goes like this. You have a Skill/Proffession called PvP Looter. The better you are at it, the more percentage of stacks you can loot. You can also protect your stackables by placing a Safety Lock on your Containers. Its a one-use-only item that protects your stackables by reducing the percentage that can be looted.
It won't be a win-all versus loose-all situation. It can be as good as 1/99 to as bad as 99/1 and anything in between.

:handgun::boxer::handgun:

Crikey yet another Meta analysis of whats to come .
Youv'e all been sucking the breast of what you can get, go help ya self ya wankers:)

Once again you seem to have missed the point here. You're right, no one really has to do anything at all..but MA and more the partner planets would like the players to do more in game. And again, MA doesn't have to have lootable PvP space. They could have it PvP open to all to explore..find new partners to join and create new planets..for us all to spend yet even more peds..yet they are slowing it down by making it hard to visit partner planets who have invested a lot of money so people will visit..being set back by lootable PvP space and only a low percentage of people coming to their planets instead of an open game where all could have fun seeing new worlds without loosing everything.

Once again you seem to have missed the point here. You're right, no one really has to do anything at all..but MA and more the partner planets would like the players to do more in game. And again, MA doesn't have to have lootable PvP space. They could have it PvP open to all to explore..find new partners to join and create new planets..for us all to spend yet even more peds..yet they are slowing it down by making it hard to visit partner planets who have invested a lot of money so people will visit..being set back by lootable PvP space and only a low percentage of people coming to their planets instead of an open game where all could have fun seeing new worlds without loosing everything.

He hasnt missed the point here. You have. MA doesnt want travel to be easy, and neither do the planet partners. Easy travel means planet partners who dont advertise are pillaging resources and money off planet partners that do. Which means our prices must go up in order to ensure that each planet partner who is paying meets their target bottom line. Which means more players get angry due to bad loots. Which means less people play. Which means loot gets worse, more people get angry, and less people play.

His point is this is here for a reason, probably a smart one. His point is that maybe MA isnt completely stupid when it comes to planning their product.

Your point seems to be that MA is probably pretty dumb, and the players know best.

His point is this is here for a reason, probably a smart one. His point is that maybe MA isnt completely stupid when it comes to planning their product.

Your point seems to be that MA is probably pretty dumb, and the players know best.

:cool: MA decisions on space have been very unclear and do seem to be hell bent on preventing much travel. Why? Maybe to allow PPs to grow their own player base...a possibility, but when we have a game that is so interlinked, then separating us and the economies is questionable....and yes players do know best, the customer is always right!:wise:

and yes players do know best, the customer is always right!:wise:

The customer is not always right. The founding fathers of the US built the Electoral College into the constitution as a safeguard against too much public power. There was pretty much universal concern over mob mentality. When it comes down to it the public is underinformed, selfish, and paranoid.

Though the public may have the capability to do good through voicing popular concern, this is hardly a recipe for a good decision making.

..but MA and more the partner planets would like the players to do more in game.

..And again, MA doesn't have to have lootable PvP space. They could have it PvP open to all to explore..find new partners to join and create new planets..

Really how do you know what you said is true? Imagine this, 100 new planet partnerts... Really do you think its model was designed for the same population to do more for them? Everybody will lose money on that way. Each planet need its own population.

Beside you can read what says one of the new Planet Partners (Spaniard Blend / Pixar - Theryon War). Its planet will be basically for PVP space. Really they was think the same concept of PVP in space, such exist now. (but on may 2011) They spoke about different kind of space ships, and the best of these, with warp velocity. Therefore what new planet partnerts wants, could be very different about you have said.

In fact we are discussing as if we were the owners of the new planets, it seems silly!. We only can argue from our point of view as players or customers (we have not why to have "fear" for them). And under that view is not the same that we can maintain a single company than 6 or 100 or more companies, if they have not thinking about getting new customers or players for themselves. When someone has been able to create a major company is because they have smart people and has obviously thought about issues like this firstly, before than you.

Imagine this, 100 new planet partnerts... Really do you think its model was designed for the same population to do more for them? Everybody will lose money on that way. Each planet need its own population.

In the long run - what kind of computer system has been most successful: A computer system that only runs one program at a time and where you have to take the computer into the darkest park known for street gangs and drug addicts looking for easy cash to get another software installed on computer - or a computer system which is designed to be able to run software from different manufacturers without need of reinstallation? Would a smartphone like Iphone still be popular if it could only have one installed application at a time instead of the possibility of downloading software from a marketplace?

Beside you can read what says one of the new Planet Partners (Spaniard Blend / Pixar - Theryon War). Its planet will be basically for PVP space. Really they was think the same concept of PVP in space, such exist now. (but on may 2011)

I don't see anything wrong with a planet with pvp space around their planet, if it is their explicit choice - if it's a part of their design, as long as there is a failproof way to leave that "planet system" for another "planet system" (for instance if you want to leave that planet system you can press a "catapult button" and get ejected from the pvp space area with your ship. In a simular perspective, having lootable areas for, for instance, mining of unique resources in space, isn't wrong as long as you don't have to pass through the pvp area during normal travelling.

To be realistic: Space has been designed to be a dangerous, lootable area from the beginning, and motherships and other ships has been designed for a pvp environment. For now, what I want is some sort of acknowledgment from the space pirates/general pk:ers, that despite it's a designated pvp area, not everyone who enters space enters space because they have made an active, positive choice to participate in pvp battles. And, I better add this again, not everyone who travels between planets are traders. (I got some private whishes also, to facilitate my personal space travel, but my interest in that is probably too light as compared to the interest of other players.)

Really how do you know what you said is true? ]
Ticks

Really do you think its model was designed for the same population to do more for them? ]
Tick

Therefore what new planet partners wants, could be very different about you have said. ]
A sense that this true but not aired enough to be known value.

In fact we are discussing as if we were the owners of the new planets. You are discussing, ]
I’m listening .

We only can argue from our point of view as players or customers ]
True

And under that view is not the same that we can maintain a single company than 6 or 100 or more companies. ]
Hypothesis !

When someone has been able to create a major company is because they have smart people and has obviously thought about issues like this firstly, before than you. ]
Indeed
We all have the capacity to hypothesize and to some extent a given feature of PE has been input to development of the platform and it’s available eye candy. I guess my point as previously stated is the viewpoint of the platform of participants seeing it as a ‘cashcow’ of which it is not!
New developers are riding upon the platform in hope their product is attractive and I see that MA is opening that up!
The tension occurs for players when the premise of using MA’s platform as advertised ‘free’ when in fact it is within aspects but not others.
This marketing approach has led to consternation for years, and I suspect is aimed at attracting a minority of significant depositors, general population of the game and henceforth potential depositors.
I think it works quite well, the addition of other planets, seems to be from the perspective of a reasonably long participant, ridiculous but only from one aspect. That is I’m not familiar with the new and it may well mean someone else will get a leg up before me;)

In the long run - what kind of computer system has been most successful: A computer system that only runs one program at a time and where you have to take the computer into the darkest park known for street gangs and drug addicts looking for easy cash to get another software installed on computer - or a computer system which is designed to be able to run software from different manufacturers without need of reinstallation? Would a smartphone like Iphone still be popular if it could only have one installed application at a time instead of the possibility of downloading software from a marketplace?

Thats could be good if it were true. However, we have four planets now but without efforts to get their own customers for each planet, then things are not like we can wish it. A difficult move from one to another planets will be a "post-it" (reminder) to new planet partners that they needs to do external advertisment ALWAYS.

I don't see anything wrong with a planet with pvp space around their planet, if it is their explicit choice - if it's a part of their design, as long as there is a failproof way to leave that "planet system" for another "planet system" (for instance if you want to leave that planet system you can press a "catapult button" and get ejected from the pvp space area with your ship. In a simular perspective, having lootable areas for, for instance, mining of unique resources in space, isn't wrong as long as you don't have to pass through the pvp area during normal travelling.

To be realistic: Space has been designed to be a dangerous, lootable area from the beginning, and motherships and other ships has been designed for a pvp environment. For now, what I want is some sort of acknowledgment from the space pirates/general pk:ers, that despite it's a designated pvp area, not everyone who enters space enters space because they have made an active, positive choice to participate in pvp battles. And, I better add this again, not everyone who travels between planets are traders. (I got some private whishes also, to facilitate my personal space travel, but my interest in that is probably too light as compared to the interest of other players.)

To be realistic.. your model of most planets with the same people moving easily between them, only have generated a lower loot distribution and more complains in forums.. because the same PEDs must be dilute between more companies..
By other hand, such model is no a reflect of the reality of economy in RL.

Forcing them to advertise its own planets is the answer, and not to eliminate the PVP from space.

To be realistic.. your model of most planets with the same people moving easily between them, only have generated a lower loot distribution and more complains in forums..

When it comes to loot, it's managed by MindArk, not planet partners.

Besides from the running-costs for planets, if you kill a 500 HP mob on planet a or planet b logically shouldn't make any difference lootwise when it comes to TT returns.

I'll just mention also that I don't see myself recruited by a specific planet. When I joined, it was just "Project Entropia". The two continents of Eudoria and Amethera was pretty much like two planets before space (just that there was no fee of TP:ing between them).

Last edited:
Status
Back