I feel ripped off...

Selfdenial is not the solution :D
Are you really sure you are not missing anything ?!
Not withdrawal syptoms ?
hmm...looks like the psychedlic brainwash effect of the swirlies did not work that well on you, I allways have those voices in my head telling me "you want more swirlies, you want more swirlies! DEPOSIT!!" Can't stand it longer than two days and even in that time I get nighmares of Atrox eating the most importent part in family making :D

What are swirlies....?

(points back to the title of this thread)

One thing that continues to puzzle me is the reluctance of MA to allow the presence of the big boys. By that I mean the big corporations.
Thats where the big money is. Letting them have a presence in game and the money generated would equate to better loot for the players and a huge increase in profit for MA.

Pete

One thing that continues to puzzle me is the reluctance of MA to allow the presence of the big boys. By that I mean the big corporations.
Thats where the big money is. Letting them have a presence in game and the money generated would equate to better loot for the players and a huge increase in profit for MA.

Pete

Almost...
It should read:
Letting them have a presence in game and the money generated COULD equate to better loot for the players and a huge increase in profit for MA.

After all, there is no reason whatsoever to assume that more income for FPC will actually benefit anyone other than themselves.

that good what level are you . that helping new pppl out are quiting cause their getting bad loot are mining and xan,t craft so new , cost about 4k usd money get start crafting in MA. so
MA want fresh play need help new ppl out more .

It doesn't cost 4k USD to start crafting.
And don't even try and argue it because you can't, the active word in your sentence is "start". Show me any "starting" BP that costs anyone 40k PED to click away at please and I will show you a 60pec click BP that has made me a lot of money in my first week of crafting.

Pete

:cool:The Big boys can always buy their own planet:cool:

Maybe that is not part of the vision...the purpose...or goal or...even good business for MA to provide and in environment/game platform for the Big Boys...

:cool:although it would provide a whole other group to complain about...:cool:

Pete

Hmmm... do we really want lots of 'McAdverts' everywhere and Coke slogans all over the place? Bad enough having it in our face in real!!! And ofc, there is no guarantee the 'wealth' will be filtered as far down as us 'bottom feeders' now is there?

Hmmm... do we really want lots of 'McAdverts' everywhere and Coke slogans all over the place? Bad enough having it in our face in real!!! And ofc, there is no guarantee the 'wealth' will be filtered as far down as us 'bottom feeders' now is there?

IF the ads mean you make a profit in the game (big IF, extremely big IF), then by all means: YES

Annoying but profitable ads are better than the real life ads, which are just annoying.

I feel bad for you as you seem nice guy.:(

Thanks.

Perhaps I will global on a snable sometime, who knows.

It's down to each planet as to how much advertising they have. The ad's could help loot on each planet but not in the whole system. Each planet would be able to boost their share of the EU economy with the proceeds.

Sometimes there any some brilliant ad's but don't always promote the product in an in your face manner

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVblWq3tDwY[/YOUTUBE]

every time I see it it still makes be laugh.

Uhm...okay, those kids are just scary.... :)

Pete

QFT

You ought to make a petition or some other way of getting this idea new consideration.

The situation where MA/FPC creates their own in-game "corporations" other than LA's, planets and spacestations does very little to nothing to bring value to the bread-and-butter of their business: The players.

I can't say it better than you already have.

Almost...
It should read:

After all, there is no reason whatsoever to assume that more income for FPC will actually benefit anyone other than themselves.

If you think about it the corps themselves would create the value - I'm certain they would insist on it as a way to further their brands.

If you think about it the corps themselves would create the value - I'm certain they would insist on it as a way to further their brands.

I doubt it. Most corporations don't know jack about online worlds... that's why they all rushed into that other virtual world a year or so ago, chucking in high amounts of cash, and eventually.... not doing anything with it...

I doubt it. Most corporations don't know jack about online worlds... that's why they all rushed into that other virtual world a year or so ago, chucking in high amounts of cash, and eventually.... not doing anything with it...

Of course, it's all wishful thinking anyway.

But assuming that they would get in EU, it's because of their other VR world experiences that I am certain that the corporations would do it differently.

I certainly wouldn't run around wearing a rotating neon crown that says "IBM" for a few pecs. LOL

But I'd certainly grind for a BP to make a "Lenovo netbook" that I could trade for the same RL object!

(Here again, IBM/Lenovo [and any other company to do a similar thing], is a million dollar idea -- I insist on royalties! -- Suggested 7PM EST on April 6, 2009!) :cool:

[EDIT] Oops! I see it was 6:59PM EST on April 6, 2009.

Last edited:
But assuming that they would get in EU, it's because of their other VR world experiences that I am certain that the corporations would do it differently.

I am not so optimistic about the capacity of organizations to learn (I reckon all those guys who worked on the other worlds got sacked), but I do hope you are right on that one.

Back