I give up...

Kujo

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Kijusho Kujo Lee
Im just too frustrated to keep trying...

I built this computer to be able to play Entropia with CryEngine2.

I can run Crysis, wich use same engine, on max settings with no lag at all!!!

In Entropia.......

low settings = can't see avatars, not mine, not any.
medium settings = screen is flashing like crazy.
high settings = most playable for me, alot of lags tou, and alot of rendering errors in textures, alot of blue squares insted of objects.
Verry high settings = So much lag I can't play.

Besides this I crash to desktop, get bluescreens and game even freeze so I have to use the reset button on my computer.

I have tried all settings and alot of different drivers for gfx-card etc...

...I will check in again in a few month maybe to see if you are done with this forced "beta" testing, and see if it is fixed :mad:

bye.

yep try those... also post your config here

Out of curiosity, what OSes are you guys running?

The only PC I've had time to try EU on is running XP (with all the latest updates), and I'm having no luck at all running EU (similar problems to OP).

Is anyone running successfully on XP with nVidia cards?

TIA

I can run EU successfully on XP with an Nvidia card.

Most settings on high, frame rate normally 60FPS, drops down to 30 ish in busy areas.

Card is 9800GT 1Gb, CPU AMD 4200+ TWin, two at 2.2Ghz.

It can be done!

The only PC I've had time to try EU on is running XP (with all the latest updates), and I'm having no luck at all running EU (similar problems to OP).

TIA

XP Pro (32bit) SP3 8800GTX 512Mb and I can run it fine with med-high

Last edited:

TIA

Running XP (32bit) and nVidia GTX 275.
Since 10.0.6 it works flawless :yay:

/Argentum

high settings = most playable for me, alot of lags tou, and alot of rendering errors in textures, alot of blue squares insted of objects.

I get this too, but it disappears after 2-3 minutes :silly2:

Good to know! Thanks guys. Haven't a clue why it's playing up. I might reinstall XP and see how that goes. Would be at least nice to log in!

TIA

Running fine here on XP32 service pack 3 final release here, Phenom 9650, 2 Gig Ram,9600GT nvidea. Well i say running fine but have delayed damage messages, attack animations get out of sync sometimes + other bugs in EU that MA are working on.

Game runs fine though in high settings, just with all bugs is more of an annoyance to play atm. They are working well at ironing things out though, everytime i log in i see improvements.

Good to know! Thanks guys. Haven't a clue why it's playing up. I might reinstall XP and see how that goes. Would be at least nice to log in!

I guess that you have the latest drivers installed for the card? If not try that before reinstall of XP. GL.

Running XP Pro (32bit) with GeForce 8800GT 512mb, CPU E8400@3,0 GHz,
Ram 3 Gb ( its actually 4GB but only 3 shows)
most graphics settings to medium, a few on high, full screen 1680x1050
and it works like a charm now :)

S V :tiphat:

Edit: Nvidia driver 186.18 ( Driver version: 6.14.11.8618 )

Im running Xp Pro 32bit Intel Core2 duo 3Ghz 4GB ram (i know all is not used)Nvidia 8800GT 512MB i run all on very high except in town then i put shadows to low, it´s abit on the edge for the card but it´s ok to hunt with for me atleast. The screen is a 22" flatscreen 1680*1050

had alot of problems in the beginning with drivers for the graphics card as stated by MA but i took the oldest drivers i could find for the graphics card on Nvidia´s site and had no crashes or getting bumped to desctop since ver 10.04 i think.

/Zap

Really strange this problem..

My PC:
Amd Phenom 9500 Quad 2.2
3GB ram
Nvidia 8800GT 1GB LATEST DRIVERS!!
Vista 32
Norton Internet Sec 2009

Running everything on VH, 2x AA..Most of the time, then High in Citys
or dence areas..

Average FPS 20-30..Drops in dence areas to about 5 then stabalicing to 15-
20..And drops in Mobile services at entry point then stabalicing to 15-20 in
like 10 seconds..

My Wifes PC:
Intel P4 3.2 Ghz HT
2Gb Ram
Nvidia 8500GT 512Mb LATEST DRIVERS!!
XP 32
Norton Internet Sec 2009

Average FPS 10-15..Drops in dence areas to about 2 then stabalicing to 10-
15..And drops in Mobile services at entry point then stabalicing to 10-15 in
like 10 seconds..

All medium exept Shadows, high..No changes..

Ive also found out that the average POLYCOUNT on objects must be VERRY
high..If you go to an area with out any mobs/ppl and look in certain directions
you get MASSIVE lagg, if you look up in the sky the boost in FPS is like 75-80.

The engine is nice, but as a moddeler you have to count in the problem with
HIGH POLYGON objects..

My setup...

AMD Athlon(64) 6000+ (dual core, 3.0 GHz)
GeForce 8800 GTS (tried drivers from 2007 to newest)
3 GB of ram (since 32bit OS can't use more)

Windows XP Pro (32bit) SP3

...the FPS is not the issue for me, it's all the rendering errors, flashing textures and such that is the problem... and ofc the ´CTDs and blue screens ^^

The majority of your system looks perfectly fine to me, so the problem is definitely with the game :p
It seems that EU is not working very well with Nvidea graphics cards as I'm running an ATI card and have no problems whatsoever (graphically at least). My suggestion would be to play around with the advanced graphic options in game, such as setting it to high, then dropping the view distance down, and turning off volumetric effects etc and seeing what helps and what hinders :D

I believe the suggestion for nvidia users was not to use the latest driver, as it was not stable enough. Other than that I can't imagine what the problem could be.

The majority of your system looks perfectly fine to me, so the problem is definitely with the game :p
It seems that EU is not working very well with Nvidea graphics cards as I'm running an ATI card and have no problems whatsoever (graphically at least). My suggestion would be to play around with the advanced graphic options in game, such as setting it to high, then dropping the view distance down, and turning off volumetric effects etc and seeing what helps and what hinders :D

Yea I started like this and got blue screen or CTD or system just froze on each new setting a changed... this is where I got too frustrated. Im abit more calm now tou hehe... will try some other stuff I found on forums tomorrow maybe :rolleyes:

Running XP Pro (32bit) with GeForce 8800GT 512mb, CPU E8400@3,0 GHz,
Ram 3 Gb ( its actually 4GB but only 3 shows)
most graphics settings to medium, a few on high, full screen 1680x1050
and it works like a charm now :)

S V :tiphat:

Edit: Nvidia driver 186.18 ( Driver version: 6.14.11.8618 )

I have virtually the same setup with same driver. EU seems to run at a decent speed on all the default higher end settings.

But every couple of hours EU will hang my whole computer with some kind of wierd vector issue - it takes about a second to display wierd vectors (lines and shapes) and then hangs. The hang doesn't seem related to what I am doing. It's happened during hunting, crafting, chatting and auctioneeeeeering.

Forrest :)

Back