I Got Money... Now What?

N. Radioactive

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Nicolas Radioactive d'Entremont
Well I recently got my hands on 150 PED. But now what? I already have TT Enmatter mining gear, Vivo T1, Opallo, and a full Pixie set. Should I buy some new armor, different gear, new gun, or should I use it to skill my hunting/mining?

Hi !

i would seriously keep my feet on the ground and max the skills on the TT stuff
b4 thinking of new gear.. armour is good idea to upgrade.. you need to think about what mobs you most commonly come across and pick armour to suit them.

EU is a LONG term thing..the more sensible you are now the better you'll be later :)

edit:.. read alices guide if you haven't already, www.alice.pe-tk

I guess you should do what you like most ;)
Mining or hunting... it's hard for other people to choose for you :)

Well that's the thing, right now I only hunt Combibos and Daikibas because that's all I can kill by my self. In a team I just go wherever the others go...

I only hunt Combibos and Daikibas because that's all I can kill by my self.

Combibo have high regeneration and are probably a poor choice for a new player to be hunting, without you telling us your levels and goals, it's very hard to make any recommendations.

Well that's the thing, right now I only hunt Combibos and Daikibas because that's all I can kill by my self. In a team I just go wherever the others go...

Male Snablesnots are good to hunt until you skill up - also Sabkama (sp?) if you have armor.

I agree though, skill up your current gear before you purchase more stuff. You will need the PEDs for ammo ;)

Well im only like level 1 profession for everything... My laser weaponry skill is a bit over 300. Could I kill snablesnots alone with the gear I have now?

Yes, snablesnots would be very good for you, if you want to find a nice big area with them, try north of camp caravan (perhaps time for a TP run), there's nothing but snables in that entire area which makes it real nice.

i spose

There are many mobsd u can kill w opalo and u current gear. Try and minize the healing u need to do. If u find urself healing during combat - or if u heal up from almost nothing after each kill, u are not optimizing ur eco.

Consider getting an omegatron 101 amp if u can get one. It will let u hunt a bit bigger with good eco. Get ur rifle skills so high that u have "skill increase bonus: not anymore" on ur opalo stats. Then u can consider getting a new rifle.

The 150 peds would be best spend on ammo and or probes - and a 101 amp if u choose.

Make sure ur armor is fully repaired, it will protect less and thus have worse eco if ½ broken.

Good luck ;D

TP run? No need for that I got all the TP's in both continents :p I will try hunting snablesnots next time I go. I was having good luck the other day hunting Combibo Olds, I looted Goblin Shin Guards, they were female unfortunately, but I did make a few PED profit. I went 6 kills in a row that actually dropped stuff. How much ammo is good? Should I just buy all my PED worth and go until I get bored? Um... Is team hunting more efficient?

Well never mind my questions were answered while i was writing them. Where do I get hunting amps and what do they do?

My advice:

Hunt snables and sabakumas between Billys and Pheonix. You can also do it naked, and fap with your T1. Use 5000 ammo a run. If done smart, you can profit, break even, or lose max 10 peds a run. But in the long run, u'll most likely break even ;)

My advice:

Hunt snables and sabakumas between Billys and Pheonix. You can also do it naked, and fap with your T1. Use 5000 ammo a run. If done smart, you can profit, break even, or lose max 10 peds a run. But in the long run, u'll most likely break even ;)

i would listen to true juan and toss small daikiba on the list :)

i would also utilize your mining gear as well... seems to have nice markup and is easier to manage than hunting :)

put the gear upgrades on hold for awhile.

seems the link doesnt work atm

try to use the harder one then

http://rp.apachenet.de/

or directly to the guide with the link in the signature

and yes, rather stay with lower mobs for now
snables, daikis, exa young, sabakuma and that stuff :)

My 2 pecs here:

Buy a z5 ore seeker, tt ore extractor and refiner. Then bomb the hell out of East PA. Newbies tend to get very large hof's and ath's out there. G/l.

My advice
My Laser Weap is at 400 (comparison to your 300, or more)
Hunt naked, saves you armor decay. (Use your Vivot1 to heal after, so you don't take any free hits)

Go to Atlas Haven, and go hunt around there naked. (snablesnots have 20hp, sabakuma 20 (NW of Swamp I think), daikibas 30, combibos 80 (with crazy arse regen, every three or four shots, they regen hp), berys 100)
Another, go to Nea's Place (in Amethera), and go team swunting Ambus (pretty economical, plus no armor decay, and a nice chance to win big*
I'd hunt snables till you max your opalo. Plus, I find (maybe just me), but when you take say 20 shots in a row at one mob, you get 1 or 2 skill gains. While shooting 5 snables (20 shots) gets you far more skill gains.
I haven't tried mining, but I'd love to. (will try this week, check my blog ;))

Best of luck!

*My friend got a nice boost into the game when she and her team got a 5.6k ambu (800 PEDs!)

Wow a lot of different techniques. As of right now I am hunting around pheonex for Snablesnots with a hunting amp and im doing great! I got tonnes of Pixie parts among other loot.

My advice
My Laser Weap is at 400 (comparison to your 300, or more)
Hunt naked, saves you armor decay. (Use your Vivot1 to heal after, so you don't take any free hits)

Go to Atlas Haven, and go hunt around there naked. (snablesnots have 20hp, sabakuma 20 (NW of Swamp I think), daikibas 30, combibos 80 (with crazy arse regen, every three or four shots, they regen hp), berys 100)
Another, go to Nea's Place (in Amethera), and go team swunting Ambus (pretty economical, plus no armor decay, and a nice chance to win big*
I'd hunt snables till you max your opalo. Plus, I find (maybe just me), but when you take say 20 shots in a row at one mob, you get 1 or 2 skill gains. While shooting 5 snables (20 shots) gets you far more skill gains.
I haven't tried mining, but I'd love to. (will try this week, check my blog ;))

Best of luck!

*My friend got a nice boost into the game when she and her team got a 5.6k ambu (800 PEDs!)
This is really good advice. I lived at the Atlas North TP for several months. Hunting snable after snable. They usually have pretty good loot returns (~40%-70%). You can supplement the loot by sweating before you kill.

1. Remove armor and amp
2. Buy ammo and repair gun/fap
3. Head to Atlas
4. Kill everything you see
5. Rinse and repeat

Once you have maxed your opalo, head to swamp camp, and continue the same process on Berycled.
When things get a little boring go drop a few probes.

Just out of curiosity, how can you justify using an amp with opalo on those mobs (daikiba/snable/exaro/berycled young-old)?
Overkill anyone?

Well I recently got my hands on 150 PED. But now what? I already have TT Enmatter mining gear, Vivo T1, Opallo, and a full Pixie set. Should I buy some new armor, different gear, new gun, or should I use it to skill my hunting/mining?

If i had 150ped I would buy a coat (with a pocket) and keep the change in it.

JJ! there is noway anyone can say what is best for you to spend ya 150ped
just enjoy it while it last, i would go blow it all on a mining run but everyones luck is different (i wouldnt be buying new gear tho, not just yet).. GL

Just out of curiosity, how can you justify using an amp with opalo on those mobs (daikiba/snable/exaro/berycled young-old)?
Overkill anyone?

yes overkill repair on amp sucks!

If you upgrade your gun (more so L) amps are good but i dont see the need at your stage

Last edited:
1. Remove armor and amp
Do not remove amp.
I really could go either way with this advice. It seems like when I hunt with an amp my "typical" looted mob will have the same, near-zero-TT, loot value. However, every 30th or 50th mob will have 353 Muscle Oil & 500 Weapon Cells in the loot (and maybe a FAP-5 :rolleyes:). If I don't amp, I get consistently low returns on each mob.

Overkill anyone?

if you are profiting then don't amp :)

but i would utilize one

Well my soc general pointed me to an amp I should buy. A Boom ccc or something like that. I hunted snablesnots and other mobs with him for a bit then alone untill I ran my amp out, and from what I see, I broke even, or only a little under what I was before. And my skills are through the roof! (compared to before) So I think the amp payed off, I mean I could kill stuff in 3 hits sometimes! And if not hey its a lesson learned right?

Well my soc general pointed me to an amp I should buy. A Boom ccc or something like that. I hunted snablesnots and other mobs with him for a bit then alone untill I ran my amp out, and from what I see, I broke even, or only a little under what I was before. And my skills are through the roof! (compared to before) So I think the amp payed off, I mean I could kill stuff in 3 hits sometimes! And if not hey its a lesson learned right?

amp help a bit with skill gain because decay leads to more skill volume.. basically the more you spend per shot the more skill you get. i am not talking about green messages, but the amount the skill bar moves when you get the message.

if i was you i would invest in a a101 and use it on an opalo for a long while. skip m1a and m2a etc.. opalo / a101 is a winning combo for low level hunting.

Back