I hate that I have to make this thread (again..) - support cases without communication - a story

ledja

Dominant
Society
Rangers
Ledjaman theledja ras
Last week on Thursday I made the exciting choice to make a weapon switch from my DOA slugstorm to a Marber BGH. To my luck, I had the success of finding an interested buyer ingame for my previously loved, but beaten from heavy use DOA slugstorm. After making the long journey out of the mayhem instance I was in, and traversing all accross eudoria to make it to cape corinth, I finally handed over my bread and butter dps destroyer sluggy. having found myself with a new found stack of PED available - I went ahead and bought the marber BGH that I was excited to use off the auction house. I whipped out my trusty cloth and wiped the marber clean, followed by disinfectant to get rid of any Twenvid-19 and then I loaded up some brand new ammo and hopped into a mayhem instance to start grinding away!

To my surprise I was forced offline by the client. No worries, it must just be my trashy internet connection. Maybe we had an interference above from the homeless guy sleeping on my satellite dish again, or maybe the cats chewed on the ethernet cable. Nope. Waiting for me with a heartfelt welcome was an email from Entropia support! It read with much love:

"Your registered Entropia Universe account with username ledja has been temporarily locked for investigation"

No worries! Must be an issue with some weird vpn, banking or other related issue. Or maybe someone I traded with was recently a naughty boy and I've been caught in the middle. This has happened to me before after all after trading with someone in the past. Then reality struck me just today. The last time this happened I was locked out of my account for 16 weeks with almost no communication.

I've created a support ticket immediately after my account was locked, and I messaged live support for any info regarding my account. As you may have inferred from the title if you are a smart fella - I've had no response! Why!!!!!!! Please just give me the sweet taste of a response mindark. I want to know whats going on! My beloved new marber bgh is sitting unloved and unnattended ingame while it weeps for my wallet to succumb and sacrifice itself to virtual satisfaction. Yet I am here begging for a crumb of information regarding my account.

Anyways,

Please unlock my account, or at least tell me what's going on? Much love,

Ledjaman

Best of luck with a timely reinstatement. I had a friend who this happened too as well. It was eventually cleared up as a misunderstanding, from Mindark themselves and/or the player(s) filing the report against him, but it took about 6 months.

Once he got back in game, he cashed out and quit, can’t blame him.

Irregardless of the fact that this type of thing is disruptive to our ability to play and capitalise on our in-game ventures, the bigger issue is that we are completely locked out of our asset, some of us have a lot of money tied up in here. Just imagine if our banks locked us out from accessing our funds for 16 weeks and with no communication?

I understand Mindarks need to investigate a suspicious trade or activity, and a temporary lock might be appropriate, but these issues need to be sorted out on the timescale of hours/days. Anything into weeks or longer is completely unacceptable.

I understand Mindarks need to investigate a suspicious trade or activity, and a temporary lock might be appropriate, but these issues need to be sorted out on the timescale of hours/days. Anything into weeks or longer is completely unacceptable.

Totally agree, at bare minimum there should be some level of communication explaining what is going on, it's really upsetting and I thought this would never happen to me again but here I am...

The worst part is I have no idea whether I'm screwed and out for a few more days or a few more months.

We all know how catastrophic support is, but the frustrating part is the instant locking of your account without any prior attempt to message you in game about whats going on and now its your job to contact support and play the waiting game. The icing on top of the cake is that once you get a reply it boils down to a "mistake" on their part or some fabricated lie (as has happened to me), while on the other hand you have people in the game kicking the ToS with their feet on a daily basis (multiaccounts, rampant afk botters, market manipulators, game mechanic exploiters just to name a few) and seemingly nothing ever happens to them despite multiple reports.

Sadly the only way to see change is to stop playing the game altogether, which is hard to do when you actually like the game and have a lot of money tied up in it. Also one person leaving wont make much a difference and its impossible to get the rest of the community to follow suite.

We all know how catastrophic support is, but the frustrating part is the instant locking of your account without any prior attempt to message you in game about whats going on and now its your job to contact support and play the waiting game

Yes it's really frustrating! A solution that could work is to just disable withdrawals and perhaps lock trading on that account until the "investigation" is completed. I would have 0 issues with this and you can still play the game even if it means no trading or withdrawals. I know it's all silly since its a game and so what "its only been a week!" but....

I have a horrible addiction and need to get back in, so please mindark help!

@Ludvig|MindArk Please bump my support case if you have any ability or power to do that I would love some insight on what's going on :)

This is a bit ridiculous, at the very least provise a reason for the investigation, this type of action helps no one and closes the communication chain.

Even worse, look at the timing?

Let's imagine you just bought 100k twen tokens first week of event and right before you clicked purchase on the lp70, this happened. If your account was locked for 4 days, you just lost 250k ped. If it was more, basically all the money you spent.

Not to rub salt in the wounds but, you are not only locked out of your account, but locked out of your account during, one of, if not the most important event in the game so far where the is a lot of potential and reason to cycle...they can't repay you at all for this kind of lost time.

This is a bit ridiculous, at the very least provise a reason for the investigation, this type of action helps no one and closes the communication chain.

Even worse, look at the timing?

Let's imagine you just bought 100k twen tokens first week of event and right before you clicked purchase on the lp70, this happened. If your account was locked for 4 days, you just lost 250k ped. If it was more, basically all the money you spent.

Not to rub salt in the wounds but, you are not only locked out of your account, but locked out of your account during, one of, if not the most important event in the game so far where the is a lot of potential and reason to cycle...they can't repay you at all for this kind of lost time.

Yeah it's actually a little worrying to consider that if I had waited a little while to think over the marber BGH purchase after selling my slugstorm, that I might have been locked with no way to make that purchase and then who knows afterwards. And this is quite a small inconvenience compared to the scenario you laid out where people can lose literally thousands of dollars for a possibly malicious report. It's been officially over one week as of this post so I will continue to update this thread over time, I really hope I'm back in sooner than later

Be belligerent. You are owed a response.

Start politely by messaging a few chosen folks that are supposed to be the communication faces in this game.

After that, support case every day until you get a response. Start putting them in deposit lists and reference them until you get an answer. Be loud and throw the dirty laundry onto the picnic table. Start creating them every 12 hours if you must. Maybe even call them on the phone directly. Someone might have their direct line.

This shit has to stop. Demand more.

Updates:

Still no response on original support ticket. I created another support ticket under deposit to ask why I can't log in, deposit and why my other ticket is being ignored. No response so far (made last night).

I also messaged My/Morax on discord and I got a response (woohoo!!!!) that she does not handle support cases :)

Nearing 9 days!

this is horrible. Sorry mate. Too many of these stories on this forum, sadly. Unacceptable.

this is horrible. Sorry mate. Too many of these stories on this forum, sadly. Unacceptable.
Thank you for your support - and thanks to everyone else who is taking their time to read this thread, your time is valuable. I am not sure if this will accomplish anything but it's important to get these stories out because there's so many similar ones that are not shared. I hope we see some improvements in communication with UE5 release pending - I just can't see how this can be maintained when preparing to launch this game on the unreal store and potentially adding a large chunk of new players.

Updates:

Still no response on original support ticket. I created another support ticket under deposit to ask why I can't log in, deposit and why my other ticket is being ignored. No response so far (made last night).

I also messaged My/Morax on discord and I got a response (woohoo!!!!) that she does not handle support cases :)

Nearing 9 days!
On the contrary, a communication manager and even Ludvig could have this poked at. It's a cop out and disregard for the players [customers] they serve.

In the communication manager's defense, she did help me out by getting things rolling on my case which was then resolved within 48 hours 3 years ago. I don't know why she would outright refuse to help ever since and cop out by saying she doesn't handle support cases.

In the communication manager's defense, she did help me out by getting things rolling on my case which was then resolved within 48 hours 3 years ago. I don't know why she would outright refuse to help ever since and cop out by saying she doesn't handle support cases.
Last time my account was locked which was also coincidentally 3 years ago I messaged her and although she didn't respond right away - she messaged 1 week later asking if I was unlocked (which I was!). It sounds to me like she clearly went out of her way to at least try and get something done for me and it seemed to have worked. Maybe those privileges were removed? I don't know....

Now that the weekend is here I expect nothing to happen until Monday earliest if anything :(

Today marks day 11 without any communication from support - still locked out of my account

I hope this gets fixed for you in a timely matter! It took a friend 8 days for them to remove the 2FA, he couldn't log in during this time.

My support oldest support case is from 2023-10-11 at the moment. The "Last update" timehas been updated 5 times now, without a reply. I feel like they just do that to push it back to the bottom of the pile...

I hope this gets fixed for you in a timely matter! It took a friend 8 days for them to remove the 2FA, he couldn't log in during this time.

My support oldest support case is from 2023-10-11 at the moment. The "Last update" timehas been updated 5 times now, without a reply. I feel like they just do that to push it back to the bottom of the pile...
It could also be that whatever software they use is actually writing some kind of nudging timers to it but we don't see it. For example, someone needs to respond to this ticket in 24h before it goes red (SLA). But no updates are taking place.

Keep making support cases. Call their line. Don't roll over.
It's exhausting and feels pointless to be honest. I made another support case. 12 days now still no response or reason for locking my account. Live support is not helping anymore and says they already bumped my support cases so there's nothing else they can do.

@Ludvig|MindArk - If you see this thread please help me out here if you have any power

So much for a communication manager.

i highly doubt that MA is going to comment during an active investigation, it would be less than professional, even less so than just keeping quiet.

that being said, they are doing an absolutely horrible job not getting that investigation done sooner...

Today marks 2 weeks of radio silence, I expected the worst but wow I thought I would get at least an acknowledgement of being locked by this point

I am sure you will have an answer. you just have to be patient. MA is busy during this period of time with all the events..

btw what tiers was the guns ?

James

Definitely being as patient as I can, it’s just hard not to get annoyed when those exact events you’re talking about are time sensitive.

I’ve effectively missed out on gold rush, and I hope I don’t miss out on merry mayhem since my last lock took 16 weeks to resolve.

I honestly just want some sort of communication - I don’t think it’s ridiculous to ask to know what’s going on. I have to emphasize that I have not received ANY communication at all. Not even a message to say sorry about the lock but they will need some time to do an investigation. How do I even know Mindark is doing anything? The only communication I got was from Morax who said she can’t help lol!

What other service, bank or company can lock you out of your account for 2 weeks without a word like this? Frankly it’s ridiculous and we need to demand better, even if we don’t get it.

Definitely being as patient as I can, it’s just hard not to get annoyed when those exact events you’re talking about are time sensitive.

I’ve effectively missed out on gold rush, and I hope I don’t miss out on merry mayhem since my last lock took 16 weeks to resolve.

I honestly just want some sort of communication - I don’t think it’s ridiculous to ask to know what’s going on. I have to emphasize that I have not received ANY communication at all. Not even a message to say sorry about the lock but they will need some time to do an investigation. How do I even know Mindark is doing anything? The only communication I got was from Morax who said she can’t help lol!

What other service, bank or company can lock you out of your account for 2 weeks without a word like this? Frankly it’s ridiculous and we need to demand better, even if we don’t get it.
tiers on guns ?

They're a team of like 60 all crammed in a small office. They use Zendesk and Slack for internal comms. This has been looked at but their database analyst is incompetent and doesn't save his queries or build out reports thus he's currently rewriting SQL queries to gather and join relevant data from the DB to add to the pile of tickets he has to get through that are similar to this and unfortunately for you it's a first come first serve basis and not by amount of PED in question.

Today marks 2 weeks of radio silence, I expected the worst but wow I thought I would get at least an acknowledgement of being locked by this point
Just ignore James. I don't know what the hell he is on.

No excuse for the silence. The "be patient" line is pure bullshit.

This behavior from Mindark will sink UE5 before it even starts. Itll be review bombed to the ground.

Just ignore James. I don't know what the hell he is on.

No excuse for the silence. The "be patient" line is pure bullshit.

This behavior from Mindark will sink UE5 before it even starts. Itll be review bombed to the ground.
I will be direct. they don't ban you for trading. all trades are final deals . and it just happened that he was banned on the same day when he changed weapons. until he receives an answer, he must be patient. if he does a show on the forum, does it solve something?
"Yeah just ignore James and play solitaire "

Back