Help: I have questions about maxing P4/P5 from "nothing".

Psychopathic

Guardian
Banned
Society
DFG
Divide D. Impera
I chipped out last spring and I wish to chip in now. Thing is my friend chipped out for me, and he's not online right now, so, until then, I would like you people to clear my thoughts.

I just created a thread here but that was on a totally different matter, so I'll create this one as well.

I haven't even maxed TT pistol (I've been focused on Opalo and M2a (both are maxed) the last week since I started playing again, but I feel that I just don't have the energy to walk this big ladder again - I need your help.

I have no knowledge about skilling. I have been checking out http://www.jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php but I don't really understand anything there, so the questions are as follows: How much will it cost me to chip in to a maxed P4/P5? I remember my friend selling of my 35'000 skills for the amount of maybe ~900PED, so it can't be that expensive. I also would like some knowledge exactly on which skills I should chip in, and what I should be looking for exactly. I really have no idea about this thing with buying/selling skills, all I have is my anxiety over chipping out. If I had TT Pistol IRL I'd shoot myself.

Regards

I did a quick check for you, basically when chippin in from level 0 (based on 20 agility) to level 21 hit and dmg (maxed P5a) costs ~750 PED for Laser pistoleer (Hit) and another extra ~600 PED for Ranged laser (Dmg)

So total around 1350 PEDs

Maxing P4a, (level 13 Hit/Dmg) will cost around 500 PEDs

Main skills to chip would be: Handgun, Laser weapon tech, anatomy and some weapons handling + marksmanship

Last edited:
I did a quick check for you, basically when chippin in from level 0 (based on 20 agility) to level 21 hit and dmg (maxed P5a) costs ~750 PED for Laser pistoleer (Hit) and another extra ~600 PED for Ranged laser (Dmg)

So total around 1350 PEDs

Maxing P4a, (level 13 Hit/Dmg) will cost around 500 PEDs

Main skills to chip would be: Handgun, Laser weapon tech, anatomy and some weapons handling + marksmanship
Thanks!

Then it sounds like it would be very much smarter to max P4a than P5a, but how does it work? I mean, I'm looking at handgun skillchip now, and it says: Current skill points: 27. Skill points after insertion: 2102.

How do I know how many points of all these skills I'll need?

jdegre will give you a estimation on cheapest way to chip to lvl wanted. enter you skill values now then your desired lvl.

when chipping out you get skill value minus the esi cost. so chipping back in always cost more as you gotta pay for that 500+% esi again plus the skill.

Thanks!

Then it sounds like it would be very much smarter to max P4a than P5a, but how does it work? I mean, I'm looking at handgun skillchip now, and it says: Current skill points: 27. Skill points after insertion: 2102.

How do I know how many points of all these skills I'll need?

Like Charlie Gloom said above me, use the chipping optimizer from jdegre you linked in your first post. It's actually pretty straight forward so I'll give you some text explanation (Keep the optimizer website open next to this post):

1: Select your profession from the dropdown menu, in this case select Laser Pistoleer (Hit) first
2: Make sure "chip in" is selected
3: Fill in all the skill values your avatar has, leave the ones you don't have blank
4: Right below where it says "Level: <some-number-here-based-on-filed-skills>" it says "Target Level:" In there enter 1300 to calculate to level 13.
5. Press "Go!"

Now it will show you what you need in skillpoints (and TT value of the ESI needed for that skill) to reach the level 13.
Write them down or save it somewhere!

Next step is to fill all the calculated values into the white box for each skill (it's behidn the checkbox), so the green numbers go to the box where you entered YOUR skills before.

Then select Ranged Laser (DMG) profession and fill in the skills that are still blank, enter "Target Level: 1300" again and press "Go!"

That's basically how it works :)

Like Charlie Gloom said above me, use the chipping optimizer from jdegre you linked in your first post. It's actually pretty straight forward so I'll give you some text explanation (Keep the optimizer website open next to this post):

1: Select your profession from the dropdown menu, in this case select Laser Pistoleer (Hit) first
2: Make sure "chip in" is selected
3: Fill in all the skill values your avatar has, leave the ones you don't have blank
4: Right below where it says "Level: <some-number-here-based-on-filed-skills>" it says "Target Level:" In there enter 1300 to calculate to level 13.
5. Press "Go!"

Now it will show you what you need in skillpoints (and TT value of the ESI needed for that skill) to reach the level 13.
Write them down or save it somewhere!

Next step is to fill all the calculated values into the white box for each skill (it's behidn the checkbox), so the green numbers go to the box where you entered YOUR skills before.

Then select Ranged Laser (DMG) profession and fill in the skills that are still blank, enter "Target Level: 1300" again and press "Go!"

That's basically how it works :)
I think I understand on some level now!

However, some skills I couldn't find and I therefore I left the fields empty; other skills I do not have, so I can't skill them.

Here's two prints; the first one is of Laser Pistoleer Hit (make sure you remove the spaces in the adress):
http://img811.image shack.us/img811/2228/chipin.jpg
http://img522.image shack.us/img522/8942/chipin2.jpg

Does this look about right? If so, how do I get those skills that I don't have (the fields' where I've typed skillpoints "1" in)?

Back