I have yet to see an ad ingame...

JackFree

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Jakob JackFree Freelancer
Hi fellow Entropians :)

Is it only me?, I have not seen one single ad in Eu yet. I am not talking about the player generated ads, I mean the ads for RL products/services that are supposed to improve my chances for "better" loot.

How does that work? If I cannot see any ads, do I still benefit from them in any way?

Is it country specific? That is to say that ads for a movie only show up for people who live in a country where the movie is showing?

Just curios, maybe Marco can shed some light :)

Cheers :beerchug:

Yes it's country specific - UK only recently got some. As long as you have ads enabled you will 'benefit' from the system regardless of whether you see any.

ive seen some...

not seen one myself yet.

In France too we have ads for movies, either in theatres or DVD :)

Ive seen 3 so far I think... But the last time I saw a new one was rather long ago.

Maybe this add-thingy isn't paying off as well as MA had hoped. :(

I see several ads ... for movies, for Dell computers, for other things as well, so they're working just fine in the US of A right now. :D

Well I guess thats some benefit of living in "deepest darkest Africa", I doubt there will be South African adverts any time soon, so I can still keep getting all the lovely "so-called" extra loot.

Come to think of it, I have yet to get any extra loot ... go figure.

I've just seen a million adds for DOA the movie :) bounce ;)

Only UK one ive seen is the ad for the movie Crank. My guess its still eaarly days for the ad's to be having much affect on loots, time will tell :)

In Holland:

I saw an ad for Pirates of the Carribean but that was at least 2 months ago.

have not seen a change in loots...

demoniac said:
Yes it's country specific - UK only recently got some. As long as you have ads enabled you will 'benefit' from the system regardless of whether you see any.

Well, that's strange really. My friend is also from the Uk, and he says he doesn't see the ads, only the avatar ones. And yes he has them enabled...

As for how long I've been seeing ads... About as far back as when the Pirates Of the Caribiean 2 advert.

Maybe earlier, I'm not sure.

yeah I've seen one or two but not very many yet so I would guess they could be easy to miss ;)

Back