I like / hate the new DNA settings on OLA32

What DNA setting to do you prefer on OLA32.

• Total voters

gen

Old Alpha
Genesis
I have had a great response from people regarding the replacement of Trips on OLA32. :D

If you use OLA32 then if you could complete yet another one of my polls it would be appreciated.

Gen

Was up there yesterday and while having the atrax does make it more exciting to mine in :eek: , it was taking me to long too have to shoot loads of them every time i found a claim, and having a big repair bill is also the last thing i look forward to while mining :laugh: .
P.s i would've had my 1st entry into the mining comp but my global was about 10 yards outside of the LA on my way home :silly2:

Hmmm!

Yeah, mining next to Trax isn't that good. But I like the mob anyway! So i voted for Trax and Foul, because they are nice mobs to slay... :wtg:

I voted for atrax.
I would love to have a land area that had atrax in mid maturity range..
The other spawns for atrax have varios problems making them difficult to hunt, even on land areas.

Trax beach has maturities that arnt high enough and has too big of a spawn so its a laggy due to the wierd animations that make lag worse.
Then there is trax park wich i like but the biggest problem with that one is it has way too many old alpha and above trax, wich are too difficult to kill.

I would love to have a place where i can hunt trax up to alpha but without too many that are OA and above as well as having a small enough spawn so it isnt too laggy.
I can even do without the alphas if it meant there would be no old alpha.
The other problem with other spawns is too many interfering mobs.

If you can do that i would hunt trax exclisvely on your land.

Thank you for the input. I am not adverse to the idea of the LA dedicated to Medium Atrax only but will see what everyone else thinks.

If i want to hunt a mixed spawn of foul, trax and tripo. I might as well go west of troy. No tax there ;)

- In my opinion, its better to keep the LA with a single mob instead of a mixed spawn that can be found all over eudoria.

If i want to hunt a mixed spawn of foul, trax and tripo. I might as well go west of troy. No tax there ;)

- In my opinion, its better to keep the LA with a single mob instead of a mixed spawn that can be found all over eudoria.

There's no Trip on OLA32. Only High Maturity Foul which can't be found anywhere else on Amethera I believe - Medium Maturity Atrax also present. At the moment the poll is = between Foul + Atrax and just Atrax.

People get voting if you use OLA32 and would like the settings changed.

I really like the fact that it's the only place to hunt a lot of high maturity fouls, something worth making the journey up there. But having medium atrax which do a completely different kind of damage just makes it uneconomical as i end up with loads of 1 hits from the atrax on my ghost + 5As and a large repair bill which doesnt really make it worth it, especially if i'm mainly there to mine :)

trax and tripudion *west* of troy??:scratch2:
ok, m8.. you gotta share some of that:cool: :laugh:
west of troy, beyond the exas and daiks, you go thru foul and fugas, then into a small pod of pugi. after that, you're into BIG trox, and bots...the foul are the other side of the trox, but the nearest tripudion are WAY up north/northeast on the other side of the outpost.:wtg:

uhhm... yeah, pure trax would be nice :D
get sick of fighting with other stuff in the middle of a trax herd.

trax and tripudion *west* of troy??:scratch2:
ok, m8.. you gotta share some of that:cool: :laugh:
west of troy, beyond the exas and daiks, you go thru foul and fugas, then into a small pod of pugi. after that, you're into BIG trox, and bots...the foul are the other side of the trox, but the nearest tripudion are WAY up north/northeast on the other side of the outpost.:wtg:

uhhm... yeah, pure trax would be nice :D
get sick of fighting with other stuff in the middle of a trax herd.

Theres a nice mix around the point where the formidicas spawn i belive :)

While the poll is a good idea to gauge the desires of potential customers, and possibly pick up some ideas, it seems in the end you simply need to have a reason for folks to visit.

Atrax only? Maturity aside there's 2 other LAs (plus countless 0-tax sites) closer to TPs then you are.

But where can you hunt huge Foul? No where else.

Keep the maturity on Foul cranked up, but play with the quantity until you find a setting folks seem happy with. (Gauge by your income, period.)

Once you're happy there, experiment with atrax/trip/whatever in both maturity/spawn. Judge by the same results.

Personally, I think Shackleton had a point. Atrax are 33/33/33% but Foul are impact. Trips are also impact-only, so armor would be easier to set up.

However, any armor set for big-a$$ Foul will likely deal with Atrax too (at least mid-maturity), so, it's not like you're spawning Fungoids and Bristles together.

Just my :twocents:

Happy hoffing.

u should have big atrax only in high meturity provider to prowler and have low tax like 3,5% that would get u alot of hunting i belive

I have been up there mining a bit.
And with the settings as they are now, I dont see myself go all the way up there mining..
Maybe to hunt, but then I can find atrax closer to a TP elsewere..
It take's to much time and ammo to mine now when both atrax and foul are there, so I rather stay outside of the LA when mining.. :(
And I should'nt complain I have had a few globals outside, but it would have been fun to have got them inside the LA and been able to compete in your event.. ;)

I have been up there mining a bit.
And with the settings as they are now, I dont see myself go all the way up there mining..
Maybe to hunt, but then I can find atrax closer to a TP elsewere..
It take's to much time and ammo to mine now when both atrax and foul are there, so I rather stay outside of the LA when mining.. :(
And I should'nt complain I have had a few globals outside, but it would have been fun to have got them inside the LA and been able to compete in your event.. ;)

It's very difficult for me to find a halfway line for hunters / miners :mad: Sorry to lose yet another Miner... Wish the Hunters and Miners would arrange a time when they go blast all the Atrax / Foul whilst the Miners did their thing! :D

If the Hunters and Miners that regularly use OLA32 completed this Poll then I could decide whether to make it primarily a Mining or Hunting ground.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51521

Last edited:
u should have big atrax only in high meturity provider to prowler and have low tax like 3,5% that would get u alot of hunting i belive

those LA's has already been made and no tax around rig :silly2:

those LA's has already been made and no tax around rig :silly2:

Don't worry about the Tax on OLA32. It's not very high and it will be all forgotten when the hunter / miner hofs that 500K loot! :D

Don't worry about the Tax on OLA32. It's not very high and it will be all forgotten when the hunter / miner hofs that 500K loot! :D

:rofl: ofcourse, wasn't meant like that
also don't think trax LA's are what gives the best taxes to the LA tbh.

ppl tend to go to the LA's to hunt a concentrated group of mobs which are not easy to find a decent spawn of elsewhere, I don't agree this is the case for atrax.

you should most likely aim on the fouls since they are not that easy to come across in higher maturity.

but true that the maturity on the ohter LA's with trax are low or very high. I do know some hunting places with mid lvl trax thou, but maybe not all do :dunno: will leave that out of this thread thou :)

:rofl: ofcourse, wasn't meant like that
also don't think trax LA's are what gives the best taxes to the LA tbh.

ppl tend to go to the LA's to hunt a concentrated group of mobs which are not easy to find a decent spawn of elsewhere, I don't agree this is the case for atrax.

you should most likely aim on the fouls since they are not that easy to come across in higher maturity.

but true that the maturity on the ohter LA's with trax are low or very high. I do know some hunting places with mid lvl trax thou, but maybe not all do :dunno: will leave that out of this thread thou :)

From a Hunting perspective:

Until I can get my hands on some really really rare DNA then I'm gonna stick with the Medium Level / Odd High Level Foul and Medium Level Atrax both in HIGH numbers.

The LA at the moment is not for the Newbies as it's way far out, it's definately not a place for the Ubers as they hunt other spawn therefore it's for all the "Medium" Level Hunters out there. I think the Maturity of the creatures will suit them fine.

From a Hunting perspective:

Until I can get my hands on some really really rare DNA then I'm gonna stick with the Medium Level / Odd High Level Foul and Medium Level Atrax both in HIGH numbers.

The LA at the moment is not for the Newbies as it's way far out, it's definately not a place for the Ubers as they hunt other spawn therefore it's for all the "Medium" Level Hunters out there. I think the Maturity of the creatures will suit them fine.

bit confused as to the poll if you needed no feedback :laugh:

btw I didn't vote since I do not hunt mobs of this lvl (so yea you are correct about that)

bit confused as to the poll if you needed no feedback :laugh:

btw I didn't vote since I do not hunt mobs of this lvl (so yea you are correct about that)

Well this particular poll on this Thread asks what mobs people want and according to the poll, it's Atrax and Foul which is what I've put there :D

The other Poll is to ask whose actually mining on the LA as opposed to those who hunt. If there is a huge divide then it would be easy for me to decide to make the LA a Hunting Only or Mining Only area.

I'm going to be quite a lot of tweaking in the next few weeks / months to come...

Well this particular poll on this Thread asks what mobs people want and according to the poll, it's Atrax and Foul which is what I've put there :D

The other Poll is to ask whose actually mining on the LA as opposed to those who hunt. If there is a huge divide then it would be easy for me to decide to make the LA a Hunting Only or Mining Only area.

I'm going to be quite a lot of tweaking in the next few weeks / months to come...

but it also says FOUL ONLY :D which was what I thought would probably be the best idea.. ill shut up now :silly2:

but it also says FOUL ONLY :D which was what I thought would probably be the best idea.. ill shut up now :silly2:

No need to shut up - discussion is good.

The reason why it's not Foul only is because there's only one DNA sample on the LA :mad: For it to be a good hunting ground of foul I would need at least two in order to create a large enough spawn to attract people.

I'm working on attaining the Foul Eye / Suctioncup but at the moment I'm not having much success. 500K ammo and counting... still nada! :scratch2:

Anyone want to sell these to me I'm paying Super Elite prices! :D

Please vote in this poll but only if you regularly frequent the Land Area. Thanks to those who have already voted and I hope I in time I will make your experience on OLA32 more exciting with the competitions and bonuses on offer.

Back