I love accuracy, baby!

CorwinBS

Guardian
Society
Entropia Asia
Corwin Corey Bloodseeker
I just notice that, as of my last post, I have 11.5179999999998 EFD.

Now THAT's accuracy, baby! :yay:

Too bad there is not something that can be purchased for the low price of 0.0000000000008 EFD

I always get that, but once you go to a different page or refresh, it gets rounded to 2 decimal places;)

I always get that, but once you go to a different page or refresh, it gets rounded to 2 decimal places;)

Yup, next post it was 19 even, but then a few posts later and it was EFD: 23.7879999999998. :laugh: (Btw, I'm sure this has to do with the bank; it happened after I deposited all but the fractional amt of EFD.)

This has been addressed in the past:
The software that powers EF (vBulletin) uses a very advanced system of template and query caching. In addition, the EFD store is powered by a third party add-on module. This add-on offers the option to display however many decimal places desired, but the setting is global. If I set it to display zero decimal places, this causes confusion due to rounding in the EFD bank and donate pages (e.g. it will show someone has 1000 EFD in savings when they only have 999.51, causing negative balances when the user withdraws 1000 EFD).

Thus, I have set the EFD software to display 2 decimal places, then "hacked the hack" to not show any decimals in the avatar info area to the left of a post. This modification does not always work if a post has recently been updated however, or if the forum software uses ajax to update a page instead of a full page reload (i.e. when doing an edit to an existing post). A minor quirk, and worth the tradeoff imho.

This has been addressed in the past:

I see, thanks for sharing. :)

One question: where do the fractional amounts originate? If I rcv'd integer amts for posting, and deposited integer amts, then I should have only integer amts. I assume the "rewards" for posting, etc, are fractional, and can't be set to integers? (Excuse my ignorance, but I'm a applications / UI guy myself.)

Back