I love EU because...

True Juan

Marauder
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
True TJ Juan
it has a great potential to be an awesome game and its also addictive since its RCE :laugh:

What about you? Why do you love it?

(btw, i did a search but did not find a thread like this...)

TJ:bandit:

The fact that it has a real economy and beocuse of that almost everyone that are playing are serius players. Not like other mmo games.

...it provides Europe with the potential for a power-base to resist the world-dominating effect of the amalgamation of states that comprise the USA.

Do I win a prize? :D

It's a nice surprise to get something other than "this creature contains no loot".

One thing.

Loyalty.

You'll understand that or you won't.

Many will.

t

...how my ped card looks after a deposit!!

tried to quit the game 2 years ago but i have failed.
I really don't know why iam still coming back. Think iam addicted :D

... of the people here.

Most of them anyway.

Because my ava can leap off of tall buildings with no disk compression! :wtg:

(My RL back is aching at this moment.:eyecrazy:)

Why do you love it?

*Misty sings*

I love EU for a hundred thousand reasons, but most of all I love EU because you're EU...

:D

but this girl hates herself for loving EU...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba7lNTuPPXQ[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously though, there's so many reasons I just don't know where to start listing them...

No.1 (and always will be) - Friends...

Some reasons:

1. RCE makes it very exciting and weeds out a vast majority of the undesirables that plague all other mmo.

2. Its simply a very hardcore game.

3. It's always been way ahead of its time, brilliant fucking idea for an mmo.

4. Sense of a real community. I think this is somewhat helped by the fact that there aren't 10 million people actively playing. Smaller community generally equals better people and people tend to "know" each other more than I have experienced in other games.

5. Name recognition that comes from seeing people spam globals/hofs. People become famous in a sense.

6. The evolution of the player from clueless newb to someone who has some idea what is going on to the uber player. A long process/grind filled with lots of fun and frustration at times:D

7. The sense of family that comes from being in a great soc.

8. Swirlies

9. Reading silly bitch threads on EF and laughing about how upset people get at little things.

10. Most important: it is just plain old FUN.

I've asked myself this question before and couldn't actually find the answer. But now when I really think about it, the players are serious about this business that goes on within the games. Unlike other mmo's there aren't a bunch of kids running around with amazing skills that just blab on all day... Of course getting a loot worth real money gives it an extra kick also.

simply - the people that i've met here, good and bad

each one has taught me at least something, not only about the game, and for that i love them and will always be coming back :)

cheers

...Threads like these. Makes it all worth while.

Seriously though, it's like Russian roulette.

Good friends from all over the country that helped me get through some very rough times in life- Those friendships are priceless, especially when I was unable to leave the house.
Oh, and Eu profits paid for a hip replacement, some other medical bills,an AR15 and of course, I met my current girlfriend of 2 years in game:)
Although I miss the hell out of beta, its still a sound game with a lot of entertainment. The next best thing I loved about EU?? The ability to walk up to a ATM and pull money out of the game (well, when the ATM worked)

I'm so glad I got sick of paying for everquest and came here !
Two thumbs up mindark!

The constant updates, additions and wide variety of content to the game, making it so there is always something new to try when I get bored of hunting.

The very slow skill gaining system that really makes getting to something like serendipity feel like an real achievement.

The way I'm still such a newbie after two and a half years.

The way I can vary my deposits to match what free cash I have, not be stuck to a set charge each month. Which is especially good when I can still play in a month where I don't feel I can spare the cash to deposit.

Being able to mindlessly blast arbitrary mobs away to relieve the stress after a bad day.

The occasional high of getting a nice globie when you don't expect it.

Oh and ofcourse, the community, my soc mates, the forum, and generally nice people that I meet out and around the place.

Back