I made a suggestion to MA on missions, tell me what you think.

Mission suggestion to MA

• Good idea

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I liked some of the missions and some I didn't care for. I only made the suggestion for hunting missions as I am not sure they would apply otherwise. The missions I liked, of course, I have finished but I still like hunting the mobs. I told MA that I thought it would be a good idea if the missions could be extended. The big reason I think this is a good idea is it gives the player an additional goal to shoot for, no pun intended:). I myself like the idea of getting a little extra when I hunt a mob that I am going to hunt anyway. I know we do get the skills but as time goes on it takes a lot more greenies to get that level increase.

My idea is kind of like a mission enhancer if you will. I said why not increase the last requirement and the reward by 10%. For instance, the last level for the Rextelum is 60,000 kill points and one of the rewards is 63.75 ped evade implant. The next "Enhancer" would add 10% and now the mission is 66,000 kill points and the reward is 70.12 evade implant or 10% more of whatever one of the rewards you would choose. The next increase could be another 6000 kill points and another 6.37 reward increase. I didn't mention that last part but hope they could figure it out.

I think it is a good idea anyway what do you think? Cast you vote.

is 6000 kill points and another 6.37 reward increase really worth it? this will crash skill prices even further

Funny thing is, I think they should reduce the kill points.

E.g they want me to kill 10,000 foul, 10,000 argo, 4800 nusul

All I can say as a noob, and a low backrole player (to which there are many)...

tumblr_lrqngyvd781qllt8v.png

is 6000 kill points and another 6.37 reward increase really worth it? this will crash skill prices even further

It seems that every time a suggestion like this is made it seems this is one of the reason given why it is a bad and it always has to do with lowering the price of something.

Does anyone really think that this is a game where you can make a profit? Really.
Why do you think that players that get the additional skills would sell them ? I know that I will not.
It would be 66000 kill points not 6000-not sure by your post if that is what you meant.
Does anyone stop to think about the additional ped that will be put in the loot pool and increasing the globals?

Anyway not trying to give you a hard time just stating why I still think it is a good idea.
Peace.

I dont think this is particularly necessary. Not that its bad, just that its not really building the game at all.

I think we should be encouraging MA to make more diverse missions, not add more kill 10 rats type of stuff.

Doesn't look like my big idea was that great. Oh well.

It seems that every time a suggestion like this is made it seems this is one of the reason given why it is a bad and it always has to do with lowering the price of something.

Does anyone really think that this is a game where you can make a profit? Really.
Why do you think that players that get the additional skills would sell them ? I know that I will not.
It would be 66000 kill points not 6000-not sure by your post if that is what you meant.
Does anyone stop to think about the additional ped that will be put in the loot pool and increasing the globals?

Anyway not trying to give you a hard time just stating why I still think it is a good idea.
Peace.

there is lots of full time hunters who make there irl living from this game so to ask if you can profit here the answer is yes

about the chipping out skills i was able to chip out excess skills and with that ped it enables me to upgrade my gear to make even more, plenty of people do it you need lots of streams and not just pew pew why the f cant i profit from hunting omg this game is rigged

Agree that it would be nice if some of the missions were longer.

On the other hand, I'm sure a lot of people likes the sense of completion, when a mission chain is finished. So extending all the iron missions indefinitely, would be very annoying for a lot of people.

Maybe MA could just add a few more bronze, silver or even gold missions in stead.

there is lots of full time hunters who make there irl living from this game so to ask if you can profit here the answer is yes

about the chipping out skills i was able to chip out excess skills and with that ped it enables me to upgrade my gear to make even more, plenty of people do it you need lots of streams and not just pew pew why the f cant i profit from hunting omg this game is rigged

Just responding - not being nasty.

I not sure that I agree that there are lots of people make their living here compared with the number of people that play. I do see several people that I think could or do make their living here but I think lots is a bit overstated.

This game is rigged otherwise there would be no profit in it for MA. Not saying that one can not profit but in order for that to happen others must loose plain and simple.

Peace.

Agree that it would be nice if some of the missions were longer.

On the other hand, I'm sure a lot of people likes the sense of completion, when a mission chain is finished. So extending all the iron missions indefinitely, would be very annoying for a lot of people.

Maybe MA could just add a few more bronze, silver or even gold missions in stead.

I think that is a good idea also. I still just like the idea of getting the little extra for something that one would do anyway.

There already exists a system that extends certain missions... it's called the bronze level mission.

I can understand the arguments but for me that whole style of grinding mission is what's wrong with EU at the moment. I'm certain that the adjustments they've made to the loot system to accommodate them have caused some of the loss of players we've had over the past few years. From my perspective players seem to take more care and concern over what they get at the end of a misson rather than what loot they'll get on the way there :dunno:

Do we need the selling of skill to be the basis of the economy? If we go down that road for long enough then even that will become worthless.

Sure I'm doing a couple of missions but purely because I'm hunting those mobs but it provides no goal for me to complete - may be I've just been gaming for too long for it to matter any more (over 30 years now) and I'm looking for something else entirely. What I have seen are the stackables for that mob drop in mu, rarer stackables and item drops become rarer as they become over hunted as players concentrate on only those mobs with missions.

There already exists a system that extends certain missions... it's called the bronze level mission.

Thanks for the sarcasm, I will respond in like kind. Gee you are so smart I didn't know that, wow I going to get back in the game right and find them, if I can, and do them all ASAP.

I can understand the arguments but for me that whole style of grinding mission is what's wrong with EU at the moment. I'm certain that the adjustments they've made to the loot system to accommodate them have caused some of the loss of players we've had over the past few years. From my perspective players seem to take more care and concern over what they get at the end of a misson rather than what loot they'll get on the way there :dunno:

Do we need the selling of skill to be the basis of the economy? If we go down that road for long enough then even that will become worthless.

Sure I'm doing a couple of missions but purely because I'm hunting those mobs but it provides no goal for me to complete - may be I've just been gaming for too long for it to matter any more (over 30 years now) and I'm looking for something else entirely. What I have seen are the stackables for that mob drop in mu, rarer stackables and item drops become rarer as they become over hunted as players concentrate on only those mobs with missions.

Good points I think.

I agree about the skill selling. I personally have not sold any skills, not saying that I won't but it would be after level 100.

I also agree that I also look at what the reward is for completing the mission and as a consequence I do not do all of the missions. Like 13 ped implant for 10,000 rippersnappers or 65 ped implant for 10,000 Araneatroxs. I think that the rippersnappers were for the lower lvl players but still that is a lot of killing for 13 ped. And as far as the Araneatroxs go you get a 65 ped implant for 10,000. I just got a 63.75 ped implant for 60,000 kill points for Rexs and I went up just just over 1 lvl(both of the two are for evade), moreover 10,000 Araneatroxs are a lot harder than 60,000 KPs for Rexs and I have not seen a good Araneatrox HOF lately.
Peace.

Thanks for the sarcasm, I will respond in like kind. Gee you are so smart I didn't know that, wow I going to get back in the game right and find them, if I can, and do them all ASAP.

It wasn't sarcasm, but thanks for the sarcastic reply. The chuckle I got was much appreciated.

What you are suggesting is, essentially, a bronze mission. I suspect, eventually, we will have many more bronze missions available. Until that time, however, I agree that allowing an individual to "increase" their mission chain would only further serve to devalue skills, which, really, isn't all that important to me, since I have never chipped in or out.

While I didn't start playing until after the skill nerf, I know the uproar that occurred as a result of it. I think the mission chains were MA's answer to the skill nerf. (as well as double and triple skill periods that occurred before during special events).

I was used to hunting, and hunting hard, before the missions came into effect. I was happy with my skill gains at that point. The missions are just a little added bonus to me. Spike is correct, though. It seems some people are more concerned with what rewards they get at the end of a mission than they are about what they loot during the mission. You seem to be one of them. I get it, you like to hunt certain mobs. You are more than welcome to keep hunting rextellum, atrox, rippersnappers, whatever, after the mission chain is done. Nobody is stopping you. MA gave out the freebies, and here you are, asking for more. To what end?

It wasn't sarcasm, but thanks for the sarcastic reply. The chuckle I got was much appreciated.

What you are suggesting is, essentially, a bronze mission. I suspect, eventually, we will have many more bronze missions available. Until that time, however, I agree that allowing an individual to "increase" their mission chain would only further serve to devalue skills, which, really, isn't all that important to me, since I have never chipped in or out.

While I didn't start playing until after the skill nerf, I know the uproar that occurred as a result of it. I think the mission chains were MA's answer to the skill nerf. (as well as double and triple skill periods that occurred before during special events).

I was used to hunting, and hunting hard, before the missions came into effect. I was happy with my skill gains at that point. The missions are just a little added bonus to me. Spike is correct, though. It seems some people are more concerned with what rewards they get at the end of a mission than they are about what they loot during the mission. You seem to be one of them. I get it, you like to hunt certain mobs. You are more than welcome to keep hunting rextellum, atrox, rippersnappers, whatever, after the mission chain is done. Nobody is stopping you. MA gave out the freebies, and here you are, asking for more. To what end?

Sorry, the bad thing about forum you can not tell how a person is responding without seeing his face. Anyway good reply here. You say that you missed the 2x and 3x skills, that is too bad they were great.
GREED, hehe, just plain and simple I always want more.
Peace.

actual system seems great i didn t check if their is a cap with maturity, like for the platinium challenge only alpha and + count, and valurite challenge only prowler.

but perhaps some item lock to avatar. like a real reward; not necesserly skills could be good like cup, another laser color, spetial attachement or definitly stuff upgrade ( once put you can't remove it). making some stuff more personal.

Back