I miss Project Entropia.

junkyard

Guardian
Alin junkyard Zin
Well I guess the title says it all... I miss Project Entropia. I miss being able to loot something useful not this L crap. I miss PED in loots and many other things but what I think I miss the most is the feeling i got from playing PE.

What do you guys miss the moast about PE?

Last edited:
Getting more PEC for sweat :rolleyes:
And looting more items ;)

Lol

Dude...

I misss 3 pounds of ground beef for a buck, 35 cent for a pack of cigs, AND gas for 30 cents a gallon.

I miss a lot of things, but I live in today's world :eek:. GOD, I wish I didn't...

LOL>...:laugh:

Learned a long time ago, work with what you have and not what you wished you had....

DS....:wtg:

I miss the exitement of exploring and seeing different mobs for the first time! Most of all I guess the part of being completly alone , not knowing anyone in game to meeting loads of cool new friends.
Allthou there are quite a lot of things I really don't miss!
As the graphics and lag + unstable client with random crashes + the 100:s bugs that made gameplay very frustrating.

Why would you ever miss raw peds in the loot? :confused:

I miss the feeling that anything is possible without thousands of dollars to deposit and 4 decades tp skill up. PE seemed to offer much more hope and the feeling we were participating in something groundbreaking, on the cutting edge, a virtual force to be reckoned with. Now it`s budget, pick a machine, pull the handle then go home and without the free drinks and sexy waitresses.

As much as I loved PE, it's time to move on. You can't deny that.

I love looting (L) crap. It sells at so much better markup than PEDs did. (Or Crushos, or axes, or shogun thighs, or paladin masks, or...)

Well I guess the title says it all... I miss Project Entropia. I miss being able to loot something useful not this L crap. I miss PED in loots and many other things but what I think I miss the most is the feeling i got from playing PE.

What do you guys miss the moast about PE?
I've had the exact same feeling just for too long...:(

I miss the more reasonable prices on higher end equipment. Now many items have basically become a circle jerk for deep pocketed speculators.

I must have missed out on this mythical magical awesome loot everyone says they got "back in the old days". I didn't get any better loot back in 2004, when i joined.

I do miss many items being cheaper, though.

I miss all the stuff i never had! :confused:

Yeah, I miss the hours spent rubber banding from the TP. Days when crafters made no usable items because the decay was higher than their looted equivalent. Those wonderful hours spent on one continent - no Amethera - no asteroid - no space station.

Back when it was impossible to max efficiency with your weapon because all weapons were targeted towards uber skills. No mining amps. No tatoos - No haircuts - few options for clothes....

Ah the good old days.

You can keep 'em.

I allso miss being able to profit on a hunt without having to global 10 times :eek:

Well, you could go to Sweden, hire some Swedish game coders, get them drunk, and have them recreate PE, calling it Project Euphoria.
But after a while the coders would sober up and start putting L items in game, and curtailing UL drops. But it would be fun while lasted.

Why would you ever miss raw peds in the loot? :confused:

you actually like the oils?

well for one it was much easier to calculate profit/loss during a hunt that and they looked cool in a loot window :D

I miss Vigi looking like Vigi. I suppose I prefer rascal and settler in PE too. I dont miss jumping off a cliff to bounce up then drop again ad infinitum however. Good times learning the old things, good times learning the new. :)

I miss my amped Opalo...and I don't mean an A102 ;)

I don't miss anything about PE. I look to the future and not to the past. PE has evolved into EU with many improvements and new experiences. As we continue to move forward and our universe improves and changes there will be bumps in the road, and some might yearn for the EU of our past, but without change there can be no progress.

We are coming up to a really big change in our universe, and I am anxious to see the future of EU, bumps in the road and all. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

Uh, nothing? :silly2:

EU is nicer looking (okay, the old avatar engine had facial expressions but it was hideous :D), less laggy, less buggy, more varied and more interesting than PE.

In PE, I looted a Justifier Mk2. That was the only item with markup I looted, along with 2-3 GSIs. I sold out of PE but restarted in EU, after five months I've looted countless H400s, CB19s, I've looted LR41s, 32s, 48s, 59s and HL6s. I've looted faps, I've looted armour and numerous ESIs. All of those items sold with acceptable markup, far more than anything I ever looted in PE.

People seem to have this bizarre misty-eyed view of "old PE" and it doesn't make sense... It was even uglier than it is now (Im looking at you, Feffoids), it was laggy, buggy - getting PED in your window looked nice but PED have 0 markup. Sure, most people TT oils but you don't have to. All those hides and wools you loot? Yep they have markup too and you sure as hell didn't used to loot that many... When I sold out Ghost was +500, 2600s were +550, 5Bs were +450 each. What is now basic hunting gear was then frustratingly expensive. I could never afford anything higher than a Determination as a weapon and at +300 that was still a bit dear for a sword you had to repair every half an hour. Not to mention the fact that after hoofing it up to 4.5k LB it was still about as economical as throwing your money at MA but what longblade alternative was there? In EU you can buy a decent armour like Ghost for bugger all, a 2600 for bugger all, 5B plates for bugger all and a nub like myself with five months of skills behind me can use an "L crap weapon" in dome 4 with a friend and do almost the same damage as a DOA LM but without the 20,000 ped price tag.

As I see it, in PE I struggled like hell to do anything enjoyable without losing a fortune. I couldn't progress to even basic new items like 5Bs and it was an uphill struggle to even keep playing because of the continued day to day losses. After 8 months, I had about 53k skills and was entirely frustrated with the game.

In EU, I haven't struggled. After 5 months I have over 70k natural skills, nearly level 37 laser pistoleer. I have decent enough hunting gear to hunt far more mobs than I ever used to be able to and instead of being frustrated with having to deposit every day because I couldn't do anything other than hunt baby-mobs economically I've been able to do all sorts of stuff that's genuinely kept me entertained; far more so than PE did.

Changes inevitably affect some people positively and some people negatively. Sometimes the knee-jerk negative-reactions we get to something end up being completely wrong and actually improve the overall "thing".

The only thing I truly miss from PE is Noggin :D

There certainly have been a lot of improvements to the game over my 2 years, also some significant nerfs which have detracted from the enjoyment.

I miss peds in loot, and dont give me 104% (whoop whoop) on oils and wool because back then I didnt need markup - hunts were much more 80-120% than the 40-80% they are now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate EU, there are just some parts of PE that i miss.

I thought Sonne was miss entropia ;)

Back