i need help starting an event

JessicaO

Young
i am wanting to run an event but not sure of the mobs that can be hunted
if not in a land area. Can any mob be hunted or is there a distance limit. any advice would be helpful.

so the zychion event guy

so the zychion event guy is limited to pvp action? or can feffs and armax be part of the hunted mob. :confused:

thanks for the link ill check it out.:)

so the zychion event guy is limited to pvp action? or can feffs and armax be part of the hunted mob. :confused:

thanks for the link ill check it out.:)

Theoretically you could have a hunting event at Zychion, but you would have to drag all the mobs into the event area, hope they don't get killed by a turret and then watch them get killed by the event participants in less than a minute. For the rest of the event time you will have a group of very annoyed and bored participants.

As Oleg said, the only places where hunting events are practicable are on Land Areas or in CND Biodomes.

The remaining event areas (Zychion and the various stables and bars) are only capable of sustaining PvP and voting events.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the event relies entirely on the existing mob spawn. A Land Area without any mobs will not be able to support a hunting event.

Last edited:
starting to see the light

i really apreciate the info. this gives me a lot to plan for but i think it would be fun. taking deep breath and gritting my teeth

a few other questions though... i guess a large event like 50 or so in a la might make hunting tough if it is a low spawn area right? what i want to do is have an event that the younger players have a chance and wont get slaughtered. any suggestions. maybe ti for bristlehogs?:scratch2:

maybe ti for bristlehogs?:scratch2:

You can't hold events on TI, except in the TI stable. The TI Land Marker does not have a functional event terminal so hunting events aren't possible there.

For low level players you could choose to hold an event on Exa Land, but there is a free event held there every week so you might not get much interest. If you aren't aiming at completely new players you could hold an event at Tiny Trox Territory, where Zhorgul has agreed to reimburse the event creation fees if you can get at least 10 participants to compete (This would save you 100 PED for a 1 hour event).

Also, don't expect anything close to 50 people. Depending on the cost of your tickets you can probably expect anything from between 5 and 35 people. If you get above 35 then you are doing very well.

Depending on the cost of your tickets you can probably expect anything from between 5 and 35 people. If you get above 35 then you are doing very well.

I would say, depending on prize(s) vs. ticket ratio though, that if you get over 15 to join event you are doing very nicely.

Regards Zap

anymore advice is always welcomed

how would i go about getting an add at the malls? i want to do an event for players that are just above the noob levels :) so an exo at the moment is not in the plan.
so is advertising at the mall a good way to get participents?

how would i go about getting an add at the malls? i want to do an event for players that are just above the noob levels :) so an exo at the moment is not in the plan.
so is advertising at the mall a good way to get participents?

If you want to do a noob-level event then the official event system is probably not the way to go. Most new players cannot handle the type or maturity of mobs found on Land Areas. Also, you will find it difficult to convince new players to part with their hard earned sweat money to pay the event entrance fee.

If you are determined to create a noob-friendly event, I would suggest that you read through the events forum to see what other people have done before you.

For advertisement, your choices depend greatly on your target audience and the amount of money you are willing to spend. If you are aiming to attract very recent players then you can just make a few announcements in the chat at Port Atlantis and the Swamp Camp. You could place an ad at Port Atlantis Mall, but you will need to speak to the owner of the sign to check how much they will charge you (ask yourself how many times you have read the sign to judge how effective your ad will be).

Other advertisement methods are:
  • Arrange for a pet to be placed at a location with the event details as the pet's name. Anyone moving their mouse over the pet will see your message.
  • Place an ad on the ingame ad screens. You need to own an estate to access an ad terminal or you can have a friend create the ad for you.
  • Create an EF ad banner. This will be seen by a lot of forum members but costs a large amount of EFD to purchase.
  • Create a thread about your event and place a banner & link to the event thread in your forum signature.

ok thanks...

i really liked the idea of the pet with the name of the event on it.
thanks.

right now i am at work so cant check and see but is there a way to contact a banner owner by cliking the owner or would i have to track them down via pms?

right now i am at work so cant check and see but is there a way to contact a banner owner by cliking the owner or would i have to track them down via pms?

To contact the owner of an in-game sign you will need to check who owns the estate it is sitting on and then either find them in-game or see if they are a member of this or another forum.

cool

cool thats what i thought.
by any chance does anyone have a display that they can rent out? and is there a usual rate? i know you said that it depends on the owners but is there a weekly rate or something?

Back