I played for about 4 and half hours and I was just thinking.....

Maybe your avatar has 90% long-term. Mine and his apparantly have 50-70%.
And in my case that's using maxed L guns + fitting amp to shoot for eco.

It's not me, it's everybody. But you will not believe until you will log your hunting runs for longer period of time (note I can only vouch for hunting as this is my main activity). Three of my friends did not believed but they made effort to log hunts and opened eyes.

On top of maintaining log, there is important part of doing that right.

Do you log your hunting?
If so, do you include mu on L gear in final return?
How big sample data you have (how long and how much turnover)?

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am not comparing myself or play style to others it was just a simple question.

I was in the 250ped+ (500-600ped on larger mobs) runs and at the top I had 87 globals in one week on rexs. I know this because it was a BIG weekly event and they kept track. For several weeks I usually had at least 40+ per week. One guy had over 150 in the same event. I did that until I ran through 6000 ped, including all the loot and globals in one week and had to depo. That's when I started the change. And I might add have depoed very little in the past 4 or 5 months like 2 or 3 times and 100 USD or less.

Also the question was for the players who have had decent weeks of play where they are getting 10-20 globals a week and then it just quits.

When I first started I didn't even know what a global was and like one of the other players I was several months before I got one. Then it was probably 2 or 3 months before I got another. Hell, I remember calling a buddy of mine at work to tell him that I got 20 ped off a Snablesnot Male old 2 days in a row in the same place. BTW that was camp caravan before the scenery change.

My question was after you get used to getting a 10-20 globals every week and then they just stop. Maybe another way to say it would be what would it take for you finally give up on the game, and I would be sure that if you were making 500 ped a week it would be never.

Hope that make sense:).

well i don't know but i don't think is avat related.

when i got back i was hunting levis and longtooth on the event casual proterons when bored.

If i played hard core is about 8/10h non stop every run is isis 6 or 7 depending what on the auction and every run is 1k peds ammo which kills one dante amp.

I always got hofs i think almost every day but globals tons.

then i swiched to UL ml + doa RJ (when they introduced the beter hit rate on UL weapons ) did not see any change same results.

then they broke clothes and i lost total interest in the game.

you can see on the tracker i guss how many daly globals and hofs i was geting but i do consider my self luky while i dont loot any items (it never hapened to loot UL nice item) am geting lots of hofs.

even when i was skiling power fist on exo i got global. :laugh: not to say many globals am geting now skilling short blade on baby atrox mayby am just Lucky...

but then again i can cold stop two years mayby MA want to hook me. :)

Well I'm hunting anything but hardcore and my average is sitting at 87.7%

That's using old school up equipment on low end mobs only, with very short runs. No mu included except when I make sales I.e. total per out against total per in.

I have gotten many globals and some Hofs, but am I actually making anything? Nooooooooooooooooooo took money to get there and not always breaking even, and I just toss it back in for ammo, repairing my armo, guns, amps etc. This is a game and you are supposed to have fun. I think some come here thinking they are going to strike it rich and become wealthy. Actually IMO those people were the first that were here when EU started, but again my opinion. Either way I get disgruntled as well and get just as pissed off as many others do to....

Anyone want to read another up-date. If not just skip this. Hunted about 2 hours early this morning ( not good or bad just neutral) and for one hour late this afternoon. My usual 50 ped run and hit 615 global and another 69 ped one on my second run in the afternoon. TT 762 ped, now that is a 50 ped run, got 3 full guns and a full blp amp and after selling the MU items I was over 800 ped. Not bad for a noob like me:).

Just side note, every time I make a post like this about being a little sour on loot for a couple of days but not really mad or wanting to quit I have a real good day. I may make more posts like this one every time I run bad. It must be the good vibes from all of you. Thanks.

How long would I continue to play if I stopped getting globals. I was looking at Thor Thor Mighty and saw that he had two five 5 digit globals two days in a row, a 15K and 11K I think it was. I am playing my butt off and can't even get one of those baby globals on a argo guardian for 30 ped.

How long would go before you gave up. I am not sure myself I just wonder how long one could take it. I do have to say that I didn't really loose my butt as the loot was ok. I think though that I only made money on one run and that was less than 5 ped and my losses were minimal with the largest being around 30 ped but considering that I was only doing 50 ped runs 30 ped was quite a bit. I hunted mid level Mulmum, troopers and argos . Nothing real big but not like snabbies.

How long could you take it?

50ped runs?? Even on atrox/ambu I do 500ped ammo runs. Each mob you kill is one "Click" One small turn of the wheel. If you compare it to crafting, how many clicks do you have to do on a BP with the same cost to click as it would be cost to kill on your mob? You can work on the assumption that it will be the same to break even, as it's the same loot system you are playing..

So you wouldnt do a 50ped run on Simple III Conductors so don't do it on a mob that costs the same to kill as one click of your favorite condition BP :wise:

Edit: Well it doesn't really matter how big the runs are, but the smaller the runs are, obviously you will need to wait longer for the good period to come, which from your last post, you just had :)

GZ :)

Last edited:
50ped runs?? Even on atrox/ambu I do 500ped ammo runs. Each mob you kill is one "Click" One small turn of the wheel. If you compare it to crafting, how many clicks do you have to do on a BP with the same cost to click as it would be cost to kill on your mob? You can work on the assumption that it will be the same to break even, as it's the same loot system you are playing..

So you wouldnt do a 50ped run on Simple III Conductors so don't do it on a mob that costs the same to kill as one click of your favorite condition BP :wise:

Edit: Well it doesn't really matter how big the runs are, but the smaller the runs are, obviously you will need to wait longer for the good period to come, which from your last post, you just had :)

GZ :)
Thanks for the GZ.

I do larger runs on atrox/ambu but haven't hunted them much lately because just not getting much loot from them but every once in a while I give them another try. BTW I over 800 globals on atrox but a lot of those where early in my game life.

I agree 100% with what you are saying about small runs, it just does not seem logical. But during the week of blood (lost over 6000 ped doing 250-500 ped runs) I came to the conclusion that big runs are hard on me. I have had days where I will get 8-10 globals doing 50 ped runs and profit 6 or 7 hundred ped. I have done the same on the big runs but I have never lost 250 ped on one run doing 50 pedders. About a week ago I let Hardwrath talk me into hunting spiders and doing a 300 ped run (I seemed to be on an up-cycle), my cost with decay was 398 ped, I cashed in 157 ped and change. He said you'll do better tomorrow like there was going to be a tomorrow for me on spiders LOL.

The only thing I can say is to quote Clint Eastwood to Bradford Dillman in a Dirty Harry movie "Its a wise man that knows his own limitations":).

One thing I learned during my few years of counting cards is that short runs are good if you know that going short is the optimal option. With this game, you do not have this knowledge. In counting cards, you had the "count".

So, if you are doing a short run and you get a HOF and stop, you are missing out on the potential "big" run that you could have if you kept going. For this, I employ a 3 strike rule for no-loots and fragments.

If you are doing a long run, you are missing out on the BIG make up HOF or potential for loot to get good.

In the grand scheme of things, neither of the observations above make logical sense. We lack the MU on hunting that makes it a sustainable activity but we still continue because it is the most enjoyable one. By the time we find hunting MU or know that it exists, the ubers are already draining it OR it quickly evaporates due to careless undercutting on auction... afterall the market value makes this easy since the market value of items are not what they sell at but what they sell at minus auction fees... which lends itself to such behavior.

I find it is always better to hunt or mine with multiple goals. If you are chasing swirls, you will be heavily disappointed. Chase something that is obtainable.... mission rewards, farming materials (ore, enm, oils, etc), etc and reap the rewards that follow. You might not get swirls, but if you are farming say hides and you would be otherwise paying 125% for them, then chances are.. you might end up paying less by farming them and could be free altogether. Something to think about........ need metal residue? Farm materials for the high-yielding residue blueprint and click it. You might pay 115% for the residue in effect... or you might get it for free. I'd take my chances.

I learned I would get most frustrated and upset when I did activities without a SMART goal (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely). If you are chasing globals and HOFs, well... this is not necessarily attainable or timely. Doing Aakas runs during my LA quest, my main goal was missions, secondary was arkoins, tertiary was getting armor, items, and the like. If I had been focusing solely on arkoins, I would have raged and thrown all my stuff out of the window. If you don't know what I mean, then have a read at this thread.

Last edited:
How long would I continue to play if I stopped getting globals. I was looking at Thor Thor Mighty and saw that he had two five 5 digit globals two days in a row, a 15K and 11K I think it was. I am playing my butt off and can't even get one of those baby globals on a argo guardian for 30 ped.

How long would go before you gave up. I am not sure myself I just wonder how long one could take it. I do have to say that I didn't really loose my butt as the loot was ok. I think though that I only made money on one run and that was less than 5 ped and my losses were minimal with the largest being around 30 ped but considering that I was only doing 50 ped runs 30 ped was quite a bit. I hunted mid level Mulmum, troopers and argos . Nothing real big but not like snabbies.

How long could you take it?

About... 7 years :)

One thing I learned during my few years of counting cards is that short runs are good if you know that going short is the optimal option. With this game, you do not have this knowledge. In counting cards, you had the "count".

So, if you are doing a short run and you get a HOF and stop, you are missing out on the potential "big" run that you could have if you kept going. For this, I employ a 3 strike rule for no-loots and fragments.

If you are doing a long run, you are missing out on the BIG make up HOF or potential for loot to get good.

In the grand scheme of things, neither of the observations above make logical sense. We lack the MU on hunting that makes it a sustainable activity but we still continue because it is the most enjoyable one. By the time we find hunting MU or know that it exists, the ubers are already draining it OR it quickly evaporates due to careless undercutting on auction... afterall the market value makes this easy since the market value of items are not what they sell at but what they sell at minus auction fees... which lends itself to such behavior.

I find it is always better to hunt or mine with multiple goals. If you are chasing swirls, you will be heavily disappointed. Chase something that is obtainable.... mission rewards, farming materials (ore, enm, oils, etc), etc and reap the rewards that follow. You might not get swirls, but if you are farming say hides and you would be otherwise paying 125% for them, then chances are.. you might end up paying less by farming them and could be free altogether. Something to think about........ need metal residue? Farm materials for the high-yielding residue blueprint and click it. You might pay 115% for the residue in effect... or you might get it for free. I'd take my chances.

I learned I would get most frustrated and upset when I did activities without a SMART goal (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely). If you are chasing globals and HOFs, well... this is not necessarily attainable or timely. Doing Aakas runs during my LA quest, my main goal was missions, secondary was arkoins, tertiary was getting armor, items, and the like. If I had been focusing solely on arkoins, I would have raged and thrown all my stuff out of the window. If you don't know what I mean, then have a read at this thread.

Makes a lot of sense to me. No matter the size of the run I always finish it. A player got an HOF and then asked "Should I continue ?" Absolutely ! I have gotten 1 or 2 additional globals after an HOF several times. Also short runs, as you say, are just that short and the loot maybe the same and hunting smart is smart:)

We need fixed loot :

argo young - XXX ped every corpse looted
basic filter - XXX ped every click made
caldorite claim - XXX ped every drop made
etc.

...only then ppl will be happy and MU start have meaning again !

We need fixed loot :

etc.

I don't understand what you're trying to say... that there should be no large or small loots, they should all be the same?

Romania 1988, 1 year before the fall;

Huge parades of children with plastic fruit and bread to show the world ( and other Romanians ) how well they were doing.

The rest of the populace was of course deprived.

Talking about logs is pointless because, when you think about it, it only demonstrates that over-investment will yield a result, but that result is not proportionate to the investment. People who gamble on poker / football / whatever makes this mistake time and again.

A log is a false assertion of control over a situation you have no control over.

Example: I mined once, spending most of my peds in defending crappy claims and bomb costs. Almost when the thing was done, I defended a IV Belkar against a Daikiba stalker. When he almost died I was pleased I saved 6 ped of Belkar, but not as pleased as when he gave up 12770 ped loot.

The answer: Keep logs in a rationally determined place. In EU, no such mechanism exists.

Frustration comes when you expect your logic to conform to an illogical environment.

We need fixed loot :

etc.

Not sure but I think you are saying everything must yield 100-999 ped. That's just a guess but if you are saying that then the game would be over in about a week because MA could not afford the pay-outs.

Back