I still miss____

Arcturus

Old Alpha
Society
SoF
Ann Arcturus
Every couple of VU's some new intern gets hired at MA and they decide to mess with the virtual world that we live in and call home. It seems to me that the usual priority list is to 1. redesign the appearance of ores (for real how many times do we need to change them?) 2. Ignore putting labels on the armor plates (where in the $#% is that 5b plate in the 6a-6b-5a maze) and 3. Remove the landmarks that we have grown custom to as part of our world. Part of this is I believe that they have no concept of how we identify with the world that they change. Now I am not against change, not at all. I think many things have greatly improved but I really wish MA would have left:

1. The boxes in twin..... traders yelling balcony just isn't the same effect

2. The statue in Port Atlantis....another traders landmark

3. The Statue on top of twin peaks....

Add your suggestions to the list, anyone that can post a screen shot of the landmarks gets a free + rep :D and feel free to suggest your own.

I miss seeing the gold stack of ped in my loot window.

the old rig!!!

then the new 1.0

and the vehicle modified 4.0 i didn't bother taking pics of T_T

I miss claim markers that were tall, narrow poles with a bright light on the top.

I miss the skeletons you'd stumble across.

It's the little touches that don't really mean a lot that brings things to life.

I miss the noob tarmac at PA and the ship. I loved to hang around there now and then, watching how orange people pop up and do their first moves, dancing at the impromptu parties with older entropians. Heck, it was the place where I myself was born! And now it's gone.

I also miss the huge tower in the godforsaken sands south from Pandora. When I stumbled upon it the first time my awe was much greater than when I saw the latest version of PA. Too bad I can't visit it with VTOL.

Last edited:
I miss the noob tarmac at PA and the ship. I loved to hang around there now and then, watching how orange people pop up and do their first moves, dancing at the impromptu parties with older entropians. Heck, it was the place where I myself was born! And now it's gone.

I also miss the huge tower in the godforsaken sands south from Pandora. When I stumbled upon it the first time my awe was much greater than when I saw the latest version of PA. Too bad I can't visit it with VTOL.

yes bring me that tower back!.... i will make supportcase about it :D lets all do the same!

I miss:
- the abandoned Umbranoid towns
- The mountain range between Hadesheim and Orthos West Mound
- The spiral mountain
- The old Eudoira as a whole

But I can admit that the new Calypso has so much more... Athena Space Port, New Switzerland, the PA area, the Jungle Crater, and now Medusa... no contest really.

I remember when i discovered them towers. couldnt believe it lol. wanted to see the top! :D had to get a screenshot.

I miss:
- the abandoned Umbranoid towns

The umbranoid towns were the main thing that took me back to when i started playing back in 2004. had to find them when i started again in 2008 :D Got a couple of screenshots.

And one of the things i miss the most was sweating trapped mobs south of nymphtown at an abandoned town north of the old oil rig. a lot of my oldest entropia memories are from around that area. loved the run from nymphtown to the abandoned town. would be a lot quicker now in a valk or VTOL!! :D

I miss mentoring

Really! I like helping people.

On the flip side, I believe that new players greatly appreciate help from good mentors in this complex universe.

It'd be interesting to see the 20k skills ratio between unmentored and mentored players -- from when Mentoring still existed, of course.

And one of the things i miss the most was sweating trapped mobs south of nymphtown at an abandoned town north of the old oil rig. a lot of my oldest entropia memories are from around that area. loved the run from nymphtown to the abandoned town. would be a lot quicker now in a valk or VTOL!! :D

YES! Many of my oldest memories are sweating at the town S of Nymph, I joined my first society there.. 'sweat union' it was called, we aimed to increase the sweat price, 1.2 just wasnt enough :laugh:. The memories are all flooding back! Man I miss those times...

I miss the skeletons on the ground on random places holding up signs like selling sweat. I also miss the trader community in Port Atlantic and the Radar dish that used to also stand in PA (radar was years back)

YES! Many of my oldest memories are sweating at the town S of Nymph, I joined my first society there.. 'sweat union' it was called, we aimed to increase the sweat price, 1.2 just wasnt enough :laugh:. The memories are all flooding back! Man I miss those times...

Yea, Trap Sweating at the old Sweat Farm was the thing to do. We used to teach each other how to trap mobs.

Fracking traped mob sweat exploiters, meet blacklist :proof:

Yeah I miss the strange unexplained features like these things

and those signs

And I miss that HUD now I look at those pics again lol

Is the giant mushroom still there?

hmm you know thinking about this I wonder when the Navigator will be updated ? it used to fit in with the old hud that I miss now it just stands out and almost looks like a 3rd party app instead of an ingame system.

Fracking traped mob sweat exploiters, meet blacklist :proof:

Hehe. Ya, MA nerfed that with a big bat, along with trap hunting, hunting while prone, prone sliding, dance sliding, and jumping atop of other avatars.

new avas are like a robots ;)
Which makes me think that humans of Calypso actually lost the second robot war and what is now known as the Resettlement was in fact manufacturing of cyborg clones of colonists on the robot motherships and implanting them fake memories (like items and coins in loot, who really could believe that? :silly2:) and directives to obey the new masters. Now Calypso is just a proving ground where the robots test their new anti-human weapons (Steel Birds, Harbingers, 50% return loot, lol) before sending them to real human planets.

Last edited:
I miss strange signals, doing beacons, mapping the beacons, odd things that became land marks, ...
I miss our old hogg hunts with my soc, and the opalo hunts we used to do, i miss the old sweat camp, ...
I miss exploring, don't like it anymore as it keeps changing and isn't as explorer friendly (i'm using feet, not vtol)
I miss the old landscapes, i can still walk around in them in my head, that's how good i knew them
I miss many friends who left ...
I miss items in loot (haven't looted any implants in years, no armour part above shogun in 5 yrs, no decent item in years, looted a bravo long long long ago, i miss that, made it feel worthwhile logging in)

--Reading these brought back a few more memories:

Sweating mobs from the wrecked space ships south of camp phoenix, so nice the bercy couldnt reach us!

The skeletons :D

TP Runs and Revival maps (but I do love the new vtols)

Mentoring (I use to reward my noobs with pixie parts for every 5-6 tps they got on their own)

The Outpost from Hell, surrounded by atrox stalkers and bots--your only choice was to swim around the continent.

SLIDING!!!! ok it was a bug I guess but sliding around town was great fun

I miss the feeling of being a newb:wtg: in a brave new world that EU gave me.
The not knowing anything about where i was or what to do,the looking in crashed spaceships littering the land looking for 50peds worth of loot :laugh:ofc peds in loot, Sitting down wherever i wanted to(we got vehicles yet we still cant sit on our arses):confused: Depositing 200peds and it lasted longer than an hour or two:eyecrazy:

I miss the skeletons on the ground on random places holding up signs like selling sweat. I also miss the trader community in Port Atlantic and the Radar dish that used to also stand in PA (radar was years back)

Hah, yes, that would be a good thing to have in game :D or skeletons holding up "Please give a lift in VTOL" signs at some of the more remote outposts :D

I miss the skeletons on the ground on random places holding up signs like selling sweat.

Yes! This was my favourite, on the island that used to be north of Nymph iirc.

With the bottle next to it reading "I can't believe it's not sunblock" !! :laugh:

And the oldschool galleon at New Oxford.

Last edited:
The Outpost from Hell, surrounded by atrox stalkers and bots--your only choice was to swim around the continent.
Actually there was a lone turret exactly one shortest tp jump (tp-1, 800 meters) to the north from that outpost, and another jump to the north from there led you to safety, so it wasn't too hard to escape if you knew the coords of the turret :).

I miss Project Entropia !! :ahh:

:lam: < this emoticon show how i felt every new VU :eyecrazy:

:silly2:

Mari *.*
:kos:

Actually there was a lone turret exactly one shortest tp jump (tp-1, 800 meters) to the north from that outpost, and another jump to the north from there led you to safety, so it wasn't too hard to escape if you knew the coords of the turret :).

no1 told me that T_T lucky i was patient and managed to run through the hord from hell

I miss common sense.

Oh wait we are talking about Calypso, I still miss common sense :)

Back