I think my computer died

Shifty

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
chuG Shifty Bold
I finally installed VU 10 and got to the avatar creation screen. After a few minutes there was a graphical glitch and the computer shut down.

It then asked me if i wanted to run in safe mode and all that but when i choose an option it freezes and im scared i cant get onto my hard drive and theres alot of stuff i need on it.

Any help will be appreciated.

no matter what the issue is your stuff is fairly safe ive formatted hard drives by mistake and had hard drives not respond but still recovered everything using seagate recovery, works with any brand of hard drive.

Im not a pc guru but if it was me id go buy a new hard drive and re install everything takes me max 4 hours to have my machine up and running with windows and all my adobe and 3D & web design apps and games installed. Bare in mind i know my system and have everything at my disposal to do it, you may have a bought PC that comes with windows on a small partition on your main hard drive i dont know the details but make sure you have a windows dvd to install with if you do anything like im suggesting and all your drivers and programs on disks

You can spend way more time than that trying all sorts of fixes that never work.

Then you can recover your other hard drive once your up and running.

Then i suggest always saving important info and work onto the 2nd hard drive then if this happens in future you are much better off.

Just one suggestion, other one is take it in to a shop.

Also try looking on the web for similar issues if you ahve another pc at your disposal obviously, the net can be very helpful that way.

gl with it

Last edited:
Back