valentin

Elite
Society
Experia
Sir Valentin
After 120 LT, 15 Eomon mature,50 Eomon old. 10 Eomon young The loot was
about 48% back on ammo.

So no more off this Event.

Proof? Tracking? Screenshots? Setup? really 48%?

:(

Thank you for participating in this event. :)

We wish you good luck in your adventures and we hope you enjoy your experience in Entropia Universe.

After 120 LT, 15 Eomon mature,50 Eomon old. 10 Eomon young The loot was
about 48% back on ammo.

So no more off this Event.

Listen to this man. Your return rates are, and always have been, largely within your control. These are some of the biggest mobs in EU, what did you expect? Based on my own costs, you've cycled what? about 4k? Not nearly enough for stable return.

The answer from most people is always "too small a sample"... but WTF!?!?!?!?!?!? How long are you supposed to keep going and losing before the fucking sample is big enough?!?! If you do keep going and keep losing, the same people who say "too small a sample" will say "you should've stopped sooner". :eyecrazy:
Why don't the other people who must be getting good loot speak up and show their returns for a change?

SnowLeopard and valentin have this right - unless we are going to pay valentin to continue hunting, it is totally his decision whether or not to stop hunting on bad returns. Stopping on bad returns is sensible in my book. Does it makes sense to make a thread about it? Maybe not. But it makes less sense to continue shooting and then make a thread about thousands of lost ped. Extended bad periods are a fact of life in EU.

Personally I started with 200PED for migration hunting (just wanted to do some elites) and have 170PED left... despite hunting them in adjpixie (lots of healing, some reviving and TPing back even) with MindForce :dunno:

I have heard very mixed stories when it comes to return rates though, but Elites seems to give the best?

What else can you say to under 200 kills except too small of a sample?

I personally would not touch eomons without at least 30,000 free ped. Even that is a small amount for them, hell i probably would not touch them with anything less then 150,000 free ped.

Im not saying to keep hunting something if you have bad returns. You shouldn't hunt something you cant afford in the first place. Again not saying its your fault that you got bad returns, just saying dont expect stable returns without a large sample. You can win big with 75 eomons or you can lose big, you are most likely to lose big with such a small sample.

Last edited:
Simple answer go kill more.

People say you need at least 20k ped to cycle on Atrox.

So eomon and LT ....

Maybe you will get and ATH :)

you should know this like in any profession you need a huge sum of ped to see return......
come on.......

life always gets better

Has anyone worked out a formula for how many kills for which mobs you need to get to "average" returns?

I haven't really stuck to a single mob long enough to be able to track that. But just from guessing, I'd say you'd need maybe 2k peds for a 100 hp mob (5k mobs). Space mobs, I've hunted a lot of those. I'd expect it to be around 10-20k peds for ~ 500-1000 hp (~5k mobs). So that's about the same ratio, 20 peds/hp or 5k mobs. Eomon young 100k peds, stalkers... 375k peds.

That's not how big your ped card needs to be, but the number of peds you need to cycle to get an "average return". Just my theory... i don't know if it's reasonable for big mobs.

Last edited:
The answer from most people is always "too small a sample"... but WTF!?!?!?!?!?!? How long are you supposed to keep going and losing before the fucking sample is big enough?!?! If you do keep going and keep losing, the same people who say "too small a sample" will say "you should've stopped sooner". :eyecrazy:
Why don't the other people who must be getting good loot speak up and show their returns for a change?

I had posted a link to the hunts I am currently doing.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?229280-Lunchbox-Log-Running-the-Gauntlet
On the eomon i started off pretty bad if you see but ended up profit in the end of 20kped cycled. That was killing over 500 eomon to get that return. I shot eomon the first 2 hunts on mature then the rest was done to do the 500 old mission bronze.

If you look below it you will see the horrible return im having on LT. Im not really sure why its so bad on them atm. but I will just keep grinding till either i finish the mission or it balances out or both. I think If I had used the LT results for the gauntlet challenge I would be 1kped happier. lol I just hope that it will turn around soon.

I have noticed that in my opinon the higher the hp the larger sample size u must have. sure anyone can get a lucky ath or hof at anytime, but for a steady return I believe its all about the sample size.

My thread will keep going to give data for people to look at and consider.

Lunchbox

Has anyone worked out a formula for how many kills for which mobs you need to get to "average" returns?

I haven't really stuck to a single mob long enough to be able to track that. But just from guessing, I'd say you'd need maybe 2k peds for a 100 hp mob (5k mobs). Space mobs, I've hunted a lot of those. I'd expect it to be around 10-20k peds for ~ 500-1000 hp (~5k mobs). So that's about the same ratio, 20 peds/hp or 5k mobs. Eomon young 100k peds, stalkers... 375k peds.

That's not how big your ped card needs to be, but the number of peds you need to cycle to get an "average return". Just my theory... i don't know if it's reasonable for big mobs.

Yes thats right. Last time i did the LT and Eomond mission so I'm done with them and i just did the scoria 4 stage missin after i did the Iron Atrox missin so this Eomon,LT hunt was just for fun but i could not belive in this mega loss because after all i am lvl 100.5/98.5 in blp it sould be some kind of "balance" here.that surprice me.

And i only talking about 50% back on the ammo money i am not talking about the repair money for my armor and arms.

Last edited:
I agree with the replies... how much more do you have to cycle? Sure you can't kill 3 mobs and say loot sucks, but do you REALLY have to kill 3k? If you play this game a lot, like I have to say I do... you get the general sense if loot sucks or not pretty quickly. If you are keeping track and doing all the math, sure you need a big sample.. that a basic statistic practice. If you see ur ped going down the crapper and just say, oh I haven't killed enough, it is hard to find motivation to kill more.
I went out on an eomon hunt with a mate. We killed a lot (IMO) of matures. Hunted for 1 hour straight or so and together we burned at least 1k ammo. Not a big hunt, but nothing to sneeze at (again, IMO) We FINALly got a global at the end. We never got any loot over 15 peds, and a lot of avg. was 2-3 peds. It seemed awful, and I took a nice loss.
So where am I going with this? I dunno.....:wise:
I just "felt" like the loot was worse than last year. I remember team hunting them and we were banging big loots out left and right.
I'll just stop talking now, cause it's not going anywhere... I just wanted to share some of my observations and experience.
I love hunting Longtooth and was disappointed I can't solo Eomon yet. Maybe next year :)

I agree with the replies... how much more do you have to cycle? Sure you can't kill 3 mobs and say loot sucks, but do you REALLY have to kill 3k? If you play this game a lot, like I have to say I do... you get the general sense if loot sucks or not pretty quickly. If you are keeping track and doing all the math, sure you need a big sample.. that a basic statistic practice. If you see ur ped going down the crapper and just say, oh I haven't killed enough, it is hard to find motivation to kill more.
I went out on an eomon hunt with a mate. We killed a lot (IMO) of matures. Hunted for 1 hour straight or so and together we burned at least 1k ammo. Not a big hunt, but nothing to sneeze at (again, IMO) We FINALly got a global at the end. We never got any loot over 15 peds, and a lot of avg. was 2-3 peds. It seemed awful, and I took a nice loss.
So where am I going with this? I dunno.....:wise:
I just "felt" like the loot was worse than last year. I remember team hunting them and we were banging big loots out left and right.
I'll just stop talking now, cause it's not going anywhere... I just wanted to share some of my observations and experience.
I love hunting Longtooth and was disappointed I can't solo Eomon yet. Maybe next year :)

So if i do like you say and kill 3k mobs before i can say it the loot sucks and if i see on the test i did on this 200 mobs i have to lose about 30k peds before i am able to say loot is bad...what is your wallet, I think it is enough with to deop 10k-15k peds per month.:scratch2:

So if i do like you say and kill 3k mobs before i can say it the loot sucks and if i see on the test i did on this 200 mobs i have to lose about 30k peds before i am able to say loot is bad...what is your wallet, I think it is enough with to deop 10k-15k peds per month.:scratch2:

since beginning of time there has been common knowledge inside the EU community that you need to cycle through a certain number of mobs to reach what we could call a long term average return.

on daikiba young this means you have to cycle a moderate amount of ped to atleast be sure to reach the avg return.

on eamon this means a shitload of peds to be cycled to reach the same avg return, on average ofcourse.

Some people reach avg return or profit after the first mob, some need 3k mobs before they can relax and enjoy the statistics of their excel sheet. ( around 85-95% tt or some community accepted avg.. )

Bottom line is, if we know this, anyone who goes out and hunts without planning to cycle through a full 3-4k mobs ( not in the same hunt ofc ) , is gambling with the results.

These are not Argo youngs we're talking about.

If a guy buys a Ferrari and then complains because he can't afford the repayments, then yeah, I'm gonna tell him to piss off.

Personally, I don't have the bankroll or the time available to cycle an adequate amount on these guys, and it is reflected in my returns. I accepted that at the outset though and you will not see me complaining about it here or anywhere else.

Valentin pls don't listen to wiseasses here. I know that u know very well that these events are pure crap and pocket-filling-machine for mindark. 10% hits big one, others gets crap. I know that u know, and I understand that u have to try anyway...we're all alike here.
Best of luck gospodine! ;)

This years Longtooth is harsh, because they don't drop ESI and other goodies anymore, compared to previous years. For me its currently going like all the other mundane grinders - multiple extreme fail runs and then one lucky one, that returns you to the 90% zone. In the past you could have some fun with much less PED, than its needed now.

This years Longtooth is harsh, because they don't drop ESI and other goodies anymore, compared to previous years. For me its currently going like all the other mundane grinders - multiple extreme fail runs and then one lucky one, that returns you to the 90% zone. In the past you could have some fun with much less PED, than its needed now.

maybe when somebody official is reading this, they will introduce a new uber hof... or let three to four nice items dropin ... wouldnt that motivate you to burn your PEDs in a hours again? Yes, it will help :rolleyes: ...congratulations MA you got it :duh:

/sarcasm off
:bs:

As soon as I hit a high point, I'm out. Currently 2/3 through the new mission stage.
Its just not worth the effort this year (for me, results may vary per subject, bla bla bla)

maybe when somebody official is reading this, they will introduce a new uber hof... or let three to four nice items dropin ... wouldnt that motivate you to burn your PEDs in a hours again? Yes, it will help :rolleyes: ...congratulations MA you got it :duh:

/sarcasm off
:bs:

What else can you say to under 200 kills except too small of a sample?

I personally would not touch eomons without at least 30,000 free ped. Even that is a small amount for them, hell i probably would not touch them with anything less then 150,000 free ped.

Im not saying to keep hunting something if you have bad returns. You shouldn't hunt something you cant afford in the first place. Again not saying its your fault that you got bad returns, just saying dont expect stable returns without a large sample. You can win big with 75 eomons or you can lose big, you are most likely to lose big with such a small sample.
I´m sorry but this comment disgusts me (not you).. If the only way to actually see returns = bringing 15k$ then this "game" is absurd.... How many do you think have these peds available ingame??

Also, we went out in a team of 4 + fapper and had 2 globals in around 5k peds spent... Loot? What loot... With the amount of HP these things have one would think they should atleast spit something out lootwise..

you should know this like in any profession you need a huge sum of ped to see return......
come on.......

life always gets better

I was thinking the same till Dev notes that states that there is no personal loot pool, so if you lose 1kped in a run consider it lost, don't expect any compensation for that.. this in my opinion is a killer, because from now I know I won't continue spending any PEC when I fell loot is bad.
You just need to stop playing when bad waves come, because you( The Customer) aren't the one that decide when to play, MA decide this.
Personal lootpool could solve the issue, you lose some in bad days but you'll get it back someday, but if there is no personal loot pool you basically can lose all the time or win all the time, so the best strategy will be:Stop playing when is bad.

or you just grind out till balance occurs... again i have seen it alot.......
anyways

People seem to fail to comprehend that when a MindArk official says "average loot", it means ALL players combined. One player gets good loot, nine players get crap loot, combine them together to get average loot.

A long long time ago (2008), I was on the one getting good loot (how else can to explain 2 ATH within 4 months?).

I am about the same returns... yay for entropia...

I hope someone buys my shit before its worthless

dont worry soon there will be a ingame browser and people will be able to complain about loot after every single mob they kill :D
i think i remember you from way back in 2009?
you were that joker that profit or broke even all the time?

This isnt a complaining thread like most about loose money... the thing is i global at will... and break even or profit always
I profit most of the time cause i use a very efficent weapon

sorry couldnt resist :p

I guess ubers are really spoiled.. or they just forgot how to grind.

Back