I want a full automatic keyboard!

sob

Elite
I dont know what is most common, but when I hunt or mine I prefer using the mapped keys (usually 1-4) on the keyboard over the mouse buttons.
So when Im out hunting or mining I end up tapping the mapped key up to several times per second (depending on the equipment/weapon) for a period of 1-4 hours straight.

I really wish that MA could implement "fully automatic" keys opposed to the "semi automatic" keys we have now. That way I could just hold the key down constantly instead of tapping it all the time.

Or maybe there is a program that can do that for you?

There are programs, yes, and even keyboards that can do that (I have a keypad myself that can be programmed with macros, most of the keys have the simple macro of keep tapping the key as long as I'm pressing it), but I'm not really sure about the legality of those so that's why I don't like to use it much in EU. But, yes, of course there are. :silly2:

logitech g series keybourds.

I also set up my pc to use voice commands when hunting.

I dont know how i spent so many years hunting the old way.

Tap .. tap..tap.. tap.. tap.. tap..

So the logitec g series can simulate key tapping by holding the key in?

NeutrinoX, do you have a name of such a program that works well?
I would be surprised if using a keyboard or program like that would be illegal.

No idea if using hardware like that would be considered 'illegal' such as software auto clickers are, but one day I do hope MA reconsider allowing some functionality that saves fingers and wrists, as is already a normal part of play in other games.

Nice one. Something like Game Commander is handy. Click run and say "Probe" whenever you want to drop one :yay:

"Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fap, Fap, Fire, Fire, Fire, Finisher, Fire" :laugh:

Keep a glass of water handy :scratch2:

logetech range comes with a profiler. You can program your 18 "G" keys to do what you want. And you can have them toggle or repeat. I dont feel like im botting. There is no intellegance in macros. Its not going to hunt for me.. if anything is less efficiant as you tend to overkill with the buffered keystrokes.

prepto. I set my voice commands up with repeat.

So it was more like

"Kill".. gun would autofire.
"stop"/ gun would stop
"fap".. i would fap.

There ARE people who would benefit from these systems.. I have a lady on my FL with one hand..

Microsoft sidewinder x6 does the same. But like logitechs it uses a profile menager to do so, so im guessing that counts as a third-party program.

You could argue that these profilers are interacting with your keybourd... not the game itself.

I thought this thread was interesting so I did a little googeling and found a program called shoot (link). From what I have tried is works OK, but your command should be 1 word. So when I shout "ONE" the program presses F1 + 1 for the weapon under the 1 button on my keyboard. And when I shout "FAP" I get my Fap. The funny thing is that it doesn't interact with the game but with your system, because when I shout "ONE" while in MS Word it starts the HELP function and starts to search for 1 :)

Might need to file a support case about this just to make sure it is allowed.

Or maybe there is a program that can do that for you?

This is technically the same as an autoclicker and violates the EULA, for sure.

That eula is broken on a daily basis by 50% of this forum.

Eg section 8. k everytime we moan about loot.. we are breaking that one. Dont say anything bad..

What we are talking about here is accessability. Not methods to gain an unfair advantage..

And that eula is only enforced when someone really has screwed up big time.
Has anyone ever in the history of EU, been banned for using an autoclicker? Software or hardware?

"Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fap, Fap, Fire, Fire, Fire, Finisher, Fire" :laugh:

"Honey? Are you making love to me?" :rofl: :rofl:

There ARE people who would benefit from these systems.. I have a lady on my FL with one hand..

That's true. Obviously there're pros and cons for it.

But nonetheless it shouldn't give a huge advantage to people who use additional equipment.

That eula is broken on a daily basis by 50% of this forum.

Eg section 8. k everytime we moan about loot.. we are breaking that one. Dont say anything bad..

That it happens all the time doesn't mean it's ok to do so...

What we are talking about here is accessability. Not methods to gain an unfair advantage..

I refered solely to the last line of the first post, the one i quoted.
And everything that can be abused will be abused, might be accessibility for you and me, but the ultimate cheating machine for others...

Has anyone ever in the history of EU, been banned for using an autoclicker? Software or hardware?

Lots of people have been banned for using i.e. a hunting bot...
and they banned some others for using 3rd oarty software.

And the degree to which it is enforced is not the point - it's against the EULA, enforced or not...

Or do you think it would be ok to steal if the police was too busy to enforce the laws prohibiting it? ;)
It's a matter of principles.

So the logitec g series can simulate key tapping by holding the key in?

I have been using a Nostromo NS2 pad for years ever since none stop hunting on cnd when it opend and we where hunting Disp none stop for about a week with mod ep 40 ... I could no longer press the mouse button or the hot keys.. this pad has saved my hands / wrist and enable me to keep playing eu.

Its also much faster for fapping and shooting if set up the right way then a human can do.

I have it set up to fire my mm/ fap the pad will keeping shooting or faping while just holding down the correct button.

The pad can also be used as a dreaded ac but I will not go into that here.

well hope you find what you need, one bad thing is if you get used to using a device like this, it can affect your pk because you will be so use to the pad and forget how to really work the keyboard.

As for eula I can't comment on that but I have been using the pad since cnd opened.

Other uses for the pad.. on another pc running a pad can be used to follow you and fap you... :D

while the latter has to be 100% against the eula many vets have used this to hunt disp naked, do spiders and very big mobs ...

so look into the Nostromo NS2

Last edited:
Reactions: sob

Funny story (kind of)

A friend of mine who has deposited substantial amounts in EU set up the auto clicker to run while scanning things. One day he fell asleep while the clicker was running, burned up the scanner, and woke up to a locked account. :laugh:

It was a very big ordeal for him to get it unlocked.

There are cases that I have heard of where people were permanently banned.

As I said before I think voice commands are very interesting and I have tried it today. As far as I see it works great, but I did send MA a reportcase just to check and this is what I got back:

As clearly stated in the EULA, the use of third party programs which might influence the Entropia Universe software is not endorsed by MindArk PE AB. As for other third party software, we do not recommend you to use it since it may contain key loggers and/or spy ware and by using such software you risk the security of your account.

OK they do not recommend it bla bla bla, thats the risk I'm willing to take, but not a Yes or No (not that I was expecting one). One thing I don't understand is the meaning of endorse. I means approve, but if someone doesn't approve, does that mean is it illegal, or does it mean they just don't like it very much ??

Thanks Nicole :) That was a very good tip.
I was considering a Logitech G keyboard, but Im very happy with the one I have now and I dont like the feel if the G series.

MA cant blame us for trying to save our fingers and wrists :confused:

Like mrchips I use a G series keyboard too - the "old style" G15. And yes, you can use the 'repeat whilst pressed' option. I only really use that function for shooting huge mobs that take a while to kill due to large HP, rather than on smaller ones or for PK. It has absolutely no advantage, other than the fact the keyboards lifespan is increased somewhat.

Even made a 'type gratz in chat' button, for the never ending appropriate situations. :p

Used the keyboard for over three years now, and MA havn't said anything. I would have thought their automatic systems for detecting unauthorised devices would have picked up on it by now. Hell, you even get hardware scanned by the game, so they shoulda detected it. Quite frankly I think MA have more important things to worry about than such keyboards. UNless you happen to be using them as an "ultimate cheating machine" as wizzszz said.

If they ever speak out against players who use the G series then fair enough... they have my RL address. Feel free to send me a replacement gaming keyboard MindArk. :) (By the way, make sure it's black!)

I asked MA a few months ago if i could use the macro keys of my G15 keyboard. They said it was forbidden

I dont think a definitive answer will ever be given on the subject. And it should be the case that all abuse reports are examined and punished on thier merits.

I look at it this way.

I can buy a mambo 10 deluxe dildo..
I can pleasure my freind with it..
or I can beat them around the head until they are dead.
BUt to ban all dildos is absurd.

And to tell me i cant use my keybourd.. is absurd.

Can we have a list of authorised input devices then plz ?
Make,model and date of manufactor.

I look at it this way.

I can buy a mambo 10 deluxe dildo..
I can pleasure my freind with it..
or I can beat them around the head until they are dead.
BUt to ban all dildos is absurd.

That's your view - unfortunately, the only view that really counts is MAs view... and i'm sure they will see it as cheating when they catch you using such a keyboard to i.e. skill afk. And FWIW: So do i. ;)

Ugh. To be sincere, I'm not entirely sure if it is against the EULA, but probably it is. But also I'm fairly sure MA won't be paying my CTS operation after, say, a fairly long crafting run or extracting my 3999 PED Lysterium claim, so they either enable that behaviour by default, give the option or else... :rolleyes:

The application, not very sure I can say its name here but it's one of the first results if you Google for "keyboard macro software", it's free and opensource (GPL). And yes, it could have illegitimate uses as you could set up a macro on it and go AFK. I don't use it anymore but rather my Genius ErgoMedia 500 keypad which I can set up for that purpose, only when the key is pressed though.

Reactions: sob
Using a gaming keybourd to afk skill of course is a nawty thing to do.

But using it for normal gameplay, to make the controls more comfortable and lower the risk of RSI and other accesabilty issues. How can that possibly be concidred cheating?

That's your view - unfortunately, the only view that really counts is MAs view... and i'm sure they will see it as cheating when they catch you using such a keyboard to i.e. skill afk. And FWIW: So do i. ;)

Where did he mentioned he wished to skill while AFK? :scratch2:

Look, long story short - ANY TOOL can be misappropriated and used in violation of (some peoples...) views on ethical gameplay.
A far more realistic example than the dildo example:
Car is a tool, driven place to place. Very useful.
Can also kill many people, has that potential - happens regularly. Idiots tend to try to blame the car, instead of the driver, for deaths that happen while cars are being driven (very very VERY few cases otherwise).

A repeat function/auto clicker (and I know this for a FACT) has saved quite a few people from RSI - even helped one person I knew get over the injury, and continue playing EU while both wrists were in braces, and the fingers locked, too. Flip side is yes, it can be used to auto-click while AFK. But ya know what? I see no "honor" in sitting for 6 hours drilling (clicking every ~3 seconds) out an 1800 ped oil, or sitting clicking every ~5 seconds for doing a crafting skill run of 10k plastic springs (~14 hours at maximum click per minute/hour, btw), especially (one perfect example I know of) when you just hit a 3k lyst at 5pm, and you have a hot date @ 6:30, and aren't expecting to get home til well past midnight. It's gonna take 8+ hours anyway to drill up, so it's not like you are "free skilling" (they are skills you were going to get, anyway! At no difference in cost!), it's just enabling you to do something constructive/useful with the time, other than be a bored lump on a log.

If you can think of a LOGICAL (and please consider that word carefully) reason for that, then I'm all ears. Otherwise, it's been developed (or rather, not improved upon) as a massive timesink with a greatly increased chance of physical injury in the long run (RSI).

As for a tool that is good, I agree with Nicole - the Nostro is probably the best one you can get (don't have one, but also don't need it, lol).

I see no "honor" in sitting for 6 hours drilling (clicking every ~3 seconds) out an 1800 ped oil, or sitting clicking every ~5 seconds for doing a crafting skill run of 10k plastic springs

Those things do not require auto-clicking, or even an automated keyboard.
You can assign the 'use tool' function to a key, and then press that key, for hours on end, change the key to use various keys, or use other implements. So, you can even relax, take different positions, read a book, watch a movie, whatever.

For crafting, the same, to craft with the keyboard, click the crafting-window after draggin everything in etc. Then, press tab untill the craft-button is selected (highlited). Then, press space or enter to craft. When you get a result, click the crafting window once more, now you can enjoy your book, movie, and so on.

Ugh. To be sincere, I'm not entirely sure if it is against the EULA, but probably it is. But also I'm fairly sure MA won't be paying my CTS operation after, say, a fairly long crafting run or extracting my 3999 PED Lysterium claim, so they either enable that behaviour by default, give the option or else... :rolleyes:

You have 120 hours (yeah, thats 5 days) to extract a claim of that size, and if you use a TT excavator to do so, it's your decision - there are plenty of tools with a way higher efficiency... so that argument barely holds water.

Where did he mentioned he wished to skill while AFK? :scratch2:

Where did i mention that he wishes to do so? All i wrote was "i.e."... :rolleyes:

And please, let's not go into that hairsplicing: If MA allows such tools/software, it will be abused.
Nobody can be so naive and think people won't abuse it.

Back