I wonder if anyone can answer these questions...

frisca2004

Stalker
Society
DIABOLIQ
Beck The Tiger Johnson
1. Did you notice that you get evade skill when you take damage ? I mean I do know that you get it for the armor and plate decay but geez, aren't you supposed to get evade skill for evading something ? Same thing goes with dodge.

2. Did you notice that most mobs (except 1000+ hp almost all time loot mobs), when the last hit is a crit just before killing it, you get almost always no loot ?

3. Is it true that mobs of the same species can give more skill than others?

4. Is it true that mobs of the same species who give more skill than others give less loot ?

5. Why do the 1000+ hp creatures all approximately give loot ? Is it because they cost more to kill ?

6. Do all faps work skill/decay? If that is true, then is it true that mod fap imp fap and adj fap are practically useless now for gaining skills ? (they are usefull in other domains so not completely useless)

To be continued...

5. Why do the 1000+ hp creatures all approximately give loot ? Is it because they cost more to kill ?

I got that. I have never had a Fresco no looter. My theory, they cost so damn much to kill MA has to give you some loot, even if it is 10 pec.

4. Is it true that mobs of the same species who give more skill than others give less loot ?

Interesting if this is true. No looters give skill gains to compensate?

1. Did you notice that you get evade skill when you take damage ? I mean I do know that you get it for the armor and plate decay but geez, aren't you supposed to get evade skill for evading something ? Same thing goes with dodge.

Well I guess when you get hit you learn what doesn't work, so you're more likely to succeed next time......

2. Did you notice that most mobs (except 1000+ hp almost all time loot mobs), when the last hit is a crit just before killing it, you get almost always no loot ?

6. Do all faps work skill/decay? If that is true, then is it true that mod fap imp fap and adj fap are practically useless now for gaining skills ? (they are usefull in other domains so not completely useless)

To be continued...

1. Somewhere in the Q&A in the past it was stated that you gained skilled from an unsuccessful attempt so if you get evade and dodge then you gain some skill to help you better evade and dodge in the future. At least that is how I always thought it was.

2. ummmm not always the case but sometimes if I get a lot of CH it seems like the loot is sub par but maybe not I have no data to support it or patience to collect it.

3. Never know mobs of certain species to give more skill. Maybe ones that take longer to kill have the potential to give more skill because you are on them so long. For the most part I seem to get a fair amount of skills from most mobs in comparison to their HP.

4. Never seen this so much although at times it seems like the mobs that I am killing that don't give much skill in their sequence sometimes do seem to generate minis or what not but its not static and not always the case. More than likely each mob gives out a set amount of skill and loot on average and that balances out as you kill them (with exception to minis, globals, hofs, and ATHs)

5. Well at one time all mobs gave loot when that changed the incentive to hunt larger mobs was they always looted but that doesnt mean they cover the cost to kill without some help like globals and what not.

6. I noticed since the VU10 my skills on my Adj FAP are pretty decent compared to prior VUs. I've burned quite a few UR175s too and not seen a significant increase in skills with those except during skill events and when I was in SIB. Medical skills are painfully slow no matter what you are using. If you are fapping an eco fap over time will give decent skills IMO.

Ahhh well these are just my thoughts not sure if they help your questions or not. ;)

Not sure about 2-6 but I have gotten evade many times without being hit. So many that I posted about it and many others responded saying they also got evade skill without being hit.
Peace.

I think you need to speak with the Wizard .....just follow the yellow brick road :D

Well I guess when you get hit you learn what doesn't work, so you're more likely to succeed next time......

If you can Dodge a Wrench..... You can Dodge a ball!!

I'm a frim believer that rate of skilling is directly proportional to rate of PED turnover. Ever since I bought my Adjusted FAP, my rate of skilling dropped drastically as compared to the FAP 80 and Vivo T20s I was using before. But then again, so did my costs to heal, which is a trade-off I can certainly live with. :)

damn that sucks hard :(

maybe this was MA's idea to make mod imp and adj faps cheaper, and I guess they've done it...

7. If MA sais that they take only decay, and they also say that decay is transformed in skill, shouldn't you be not losing anything if you sold skills periodically ? (except esi)

Armour and plate decay have nothing to do with gaining defensive skills including evade

Easy test....go without armour and you will still get evade and other defensive skills from mobs

Rgds

Ace

It used to be that you only got Dodge/Evade when you actually got hit. Now you can get skillgains every time a mob attempts to hit you.

EDIT: just been shooting Drones and gained Dodge from being fired at *without* being hit. So, confirmed.
Nope, I've not noticed that. It is annoying that you seem to get a decent crit when the mob has almost zero HP left more often than the probability would indicate. It sometimes seems that MA are giving us the right amount of crits, but at a time when it gives a large overkill thus not giving us the benefit of them. This is either experience or cynicism ;)
I think it's just random. Every action has a chance of a skillgain if I understand it correctly.
I think it likely, since skills have a value, hence the return in loot + skills should be approximately constant.
5. Why do the 1000+ hp creatures all approximately give loot ? Is it because they cost more to kill?
I believe so, yes. Loot is proportional to PED spent, affected by a random factor and avatar skills it seems
I believe so.

These are just my opinions on these matters - don't take it as Gospel :)

Last edited:
no! :wise:

it used to be that you gained defensive skills on every attempt a mob made (successful and not) - MA simply nerfed it to gain only on being hit. why? ask them.

if I do remember correctly, the miss gives some little skill even today. but still, it was another nerf.

J.

It used to be that you only got Dodge/Evade when you actually got hit. Now you can get skillgains every time a mob attempts to hit you.

8. Is the 1000+ hp mob loot more stable ? I mean is there a less chance of losing a lot of money along with a less chance of winning a lot of money because almost all of them loot ? Or do you have chances of losing a lot of money or getting big hof just like ordinary mobs ?

TESTED: I hunted allo and esto for ~75k ammo and i did not get any global but i actually got almost even. Lots of minis.

To be continued...

Yes.
No.
No.
No.
Yes.
No.

Question 6 about FAPs. I have an Omegaton Fast Aid FAP-5 and a Tivo T20(L) I have SIB with the T20. I have noticed that I get many more greenies with the FAP-5 than the T20. The reason for that I believe is that it takes many more clicks on the FAP-5 than the T20. At almost 0 health it takes 15 clicks on the FAP-5 and only 3 on the T20 to get to full health. Ofc the uses of the two are different (FAP-5 between mob kills and T20 during mob kills). I think the number of clicks in secession generates more greenies.
Peace.

Interesting if this is true. No looters give skill gains to compensate?

I always felt that crafting does that..no loot in window seems to make BPQR or skill gains instead. Compo crafting.

t

So using attachments with skill modifications such as scopes and laser sights would be robbing you of extra loot to compensate for the extra skills?

No, you learn from your mistakes.

No I have not, I haven't noticed any difference between either of them.

"It's dynamic"

"It's dynamic"

Probably because they are harder to kill.

I have no idea :)

More hard is the moob more skill he gives and loot

Here is one...

If you are being fapped or have a big fap - you get hit a hell of a lot more.

Used to be that you got most evade/dodge when the mob missed, with a slim chance for gain when hit. Problem with that is that as your evade grows, you get hit less, thus get more evade, thus get hit less ... Not a great plan from the MA point of view. So now you as you gain evade and get hit less, evade skills come slower and slower.

You just notice the no-loot more often. This myth is pretty easily busted with testing.

Smaller mobs of a species give you more kill-skill-bonuses. Kill-skill bonus gains tend to be larger than regular gains. Ergo smaller mobs give more skills/ped spent than larger mobs.
Less loot each, since they have less hp, but not necessarily less loot per ped spent to kill.

Yes. But sometimes the loot amount is pathetically small, and might as well be no loot.

There is a "per click" component to skilling faps as well as a "per ped" component. Mod fap gives less skill per click, but probably more skill per ped spent. However, using a fap in SIB may skill faster per ped than the mod/imp/adj faps?

damn that sucks hard :(

maybe this was MA's idea to make mod imp and adj faps cheaper, and I guess they've done it...
Mod faps are unbalanced enough just for the heal/pec and heal/sec they give, without being unbalanced in skillgains. Damn cool to be healed by them, though :)

7. If MA sais that they take only decay, and they also say that decay is transformed in skill, shouldn't you be not losing anything if you sold skills periodically ? (except esi)
They say they take from decay and give you skills, so that decay is the "cost" you pay for the service of gaining skills. They say nothing about decay=tt amount of skills gained. In fact, this is demonstrably untrue since you can hunt different mobs and get different amount of skills with the same decay.

8. Is the 1000+ hp mob loot more stable ? I mean is there a less chance of losing a lot of money along with a less chance of winning a lot of money because almost all of them loot ? Or do you have chances of losing a lot of money or getting big hof just like ordinary mobs ?

TESTED: I hunted allo and esto for ~75k ammo and i did not get any global but i actually got almost even. Lots of minis.
With EU, as with any randomized events, you have to get a large "N" (number kills, number clicks, etc.) to approach the mean result. Since for any given amount of ped spent, you will get more "N"s on small mobs than large, you will have less variability on small mobs than large mobs.

Both small and large mobs seem to have times when you get more "minis" and fewer big hits, and other times when you either get the big hit or go home very sad. Many a time I've seen socmates swearing at allo/esto.

Super answers you guys are the greatest!

9. Why do you heal usually less in combat then out of combat ? And do you get more med skills while healing in combat?

Oh, and Skam said before an interesting thing. You know before when there was Project Entropia and mobs always looted she said that if you right clicked a mob and it was lagged, and rightclicked it a few times, it was the only case it gave no loot.
Well, I've had it happened to me, most mobs that lag and i rightclick few times, (because i think i accidentally missed looting them) end up no looters. Ever happened to you ?

Oh, and Skam said before an interesting thing. You know before when there was Project Entropia and mobs always looted she said that if you right clicked a mob and it was lagged, and rightclicked it a few times, it was the only case it gave no loot.
Well, I've had it happened to me, most mobs that lag and i rightclick few times, (because i think i accidentally missed looting them) end up no looters. Ever happened to you ?

Hmm I can't remember having said that, but if I did it was probably misunderstood. :) Back before, when all mobs looted the only time you wouldn't get any loot was when you had lag more then 2 minutes and thus the corpse would disappear before it gave loot. I don't remember it relating to trying to loot it..

OK then it was misunderstood :)

Next question :
When is it good to double-bomb ? And where ? Where you put the bomb and got the claim or at the actual claim ?

OK then it was misunderstood :)

Next question :
When is it good to double-bomb ? And where ? Where you put the bomb and got the claim or at the actual claim ?

depends on the distance the first claim spawns?
i have found a 2nd claim at 54M a few times after getting a claim at 53M, and 1-2 spaceships at greater distances, but if the claim is more than say 20-30M your chances of finding something when rebombing the spot you dropped would logically seem to be smaller

Yes ......

Back