I wonder why MA does not allow gear bought for daily tokins to but traded ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I don't really see the point, its your stuff why can you sell as you like:scratch2:

I sure several will blast MA about it being some way to get more money but I would really like to know what is their thinking and I hope someone from MA will, like Kimmi, will ring in on this one.

Everyone would get the item with highest markup and sell it. Price would crash, as would looted version, then everyone gets the next highest markup item etc.

There's a big enough selection for everyone, just get what you want to use or save up and hope they add more stuff. If you have all U gear and don't want the L items then don't do the missions, not every part of the worlds gameplay is for every player.

i actually like that those items are not tradeable, it keeps every reseller and his cat from buying up everything hoarding it and waiting for the price to double and then finally sell.

To not interfere with the market of other items. It interferes very little atm since avatar bound, but it means X less gun the avatar would have originally bought from the market. So it even diminishes the need for other gear, now imagine if it was tradeable.. What you're asking would destroy the market, and thank god that MA ain't that dumb.

Very good replies and make sense to me. I never think about the effects things like this will have on the market because I have never done any trading, just buying:) My idea about trading is buying high and selling low or at least it seems that way based on my past experiences :scratch2:.

Thanks all for the goods.

Well it is to early to say either way but the idea was first brought out last year or so on Arkadia. There was a big debate if MA would see this idea and roll with it. Well..it seems that MA has and most likely will start to bring out more and more non-tradiable items. As it was pointed out, it's really a win win for MA.

Well it is to early to say either way but the idea was first brought out last year or so on Arkadia. There was a big debate if MA would see this idea and roll with it. Well..it seems that MA has and most likely will start to bring out more and more non-tradiable items. As it was pointed out, it's really a win win for MA.

Not sure what you mean a win-win for MA ?

Not sure what you mean a win-win for MA ?

Well, the idea was to release new items that would be avatar bound. This way you have to spend extra money to get the item and then at the end the item really has no value other than the TT value since the item can not be sold for mark up to make money back from what it cost to get the item in the first place. So for MA this is a very big Win win for them. A lot said that MA would never take this up from Arkadia's idea but well it looks like they are. Yes it good for MA for the short run but at the end it's turning EU in to a non RCE game.

Well, the idea was to release new items that would be avatar bound. This way you have to spend extra money to get the item and then at the end the item really has no value other than the TT value since the item can not be sold for mark up to make money back from what it cost to get the item in the first place. So for MA this is a very big Win win for them. A lot said that MA would never take this up from Arkadia's idea but well it looks like they are. Yes it good for MA for the short run but at the end it's turning EU in to a non RCE game.

Good points and makes sense. MA makes more money because it costs to get the item and one can not retrieve the cost by selling the item and the market is not flooded thereby reducing the price of the normally looted counterpart. This is not a problem for me because I buy the item to use and not to sell plus I enjoy the daily missions. The thing I really don't like is the items bought with the daily tokens take more ammo to use that the normally looted ones. If MA is not going to allow the trading of these items I think they should have the same ammo rate as the others. I believe the rate is about 110% or more of a normal weapon's ammo usage and to me that is kind of a gouge when it is not needed.

I sure several will blast MA about it being some way to get more money but I would really like to know what is their thinking and I hope someone from MA will, like Kimmi, will ring in on this one.

I would not hold your breath.

The thing I really don't like is the items bought with the daily tokens take more ammo to use that the normally looted ones. If MA is not going to allow the trading of these items I think they should have the same ammo rate as the others. I believe the rate is about 110% or more of a normal weapon's ammo usage and to me that is kind of a gouge when it is not needed.

I think they use more ammo because they have less decay than their looted counterparts, so bigger ammo consumption is neccesary to keep their eco balanced.
However, I read in another thread that because they are un-tradeable it is very difficult to test their decay so I don't know if entropedia is updated with those new guns and their eco.

Could be wrong though as that was some time ago.

You could easily test the decay by putting an amp on them, that you know the max amount of uses and shoot until its broken. This way you should get an accurate enough number of the weapon decay.
And yes, I guess they use more ammo to keep them in line with their counterparts in terms of dmg/pec.

Back