icon not available

Society
-= Ghost Troopers =-
Bright Guardian Devil
Hi There

lately I got sometimes a weird icon instead of the item in my loot window/inventory.. anybody else getting this?

Can I still use the item and how do I "repair" this?

Last time my dagger was gone and this icon instead and it was still like this when I logged in next time :eek:

I have no idea what u are talking about. Be more specific (words like "it" and "icons" and "thing" are confusing for me what is that a weapon,armor,fap etc. ?) :scratch2:

Hi There

lately I got sometimes a weird icon instead of the item in my loot window/inventory.. anybody else getting this?

Last time my dagger was gone and this icon instead and it was still like this when I logged in next time :eek:

Sadly, not enough information for anyone to help you.

It was looted? when hunting? ....... Dagger gone ? icon instead ?
Maybe it just the fact the graphics of itemshave changed during the last VU (update) . Try right clicking the any icon/graphic/'item' in you inventory to get more information about it.... let us know more

I've seen what they're talking about before. Essentially, EU is unable to retrieve/display the icon representing an item in inventory/storage/etc..., so what the person is seeing instead of a small icon of their item is a small generic "icon not available" image in its place.

Mine went away when I relogged before. There might be something else going on with your situation, from the sound of it... I'd definitely suggest a support case. Worst-case scenario, I'm sure if you reinstalled EU, that would most likely fix it.

:rolleyes: Ummmh, seems I was a bit unclear.

Salamander is right, instead of my mined ore the loot window displayed a "Icon not available" Picture once.

And I also got it once with my inventory: there my weapon (a dagger) was not shown but a "Icon not available" Picture and this did remain even with relogging.

Hope it is clearer now. :scratch2:

Once this picture even stayed on my screen when I closed the loot window, that was quite annoying

It seems to me that yore version got corrupted. Try downloading the game again if the problem persists. Maybe the new update messed up yore version. Just a guess

Hi There

I got that message too sometimes. Especially when I "ALT-TABed" out of the game. In contrast to you this happened to a loot window (hunting, mining,...) most of the time and it was gone very fast.
I think you can still use and repair those items, just try. If the problem persists open a support case or try reinstalling the game as mentioned above.

thanks for replys, i will try to reinstall.
could be that it is since last vu update!

This is what BrightAngel is talking about.

And as others have said it fixes itself after relog.I`m just guessing here but would a defrag help?

EU also shows that icon for most items when i run it on a gfx with only 32mb of memory.

What are your specs BrightAngel?

I have Windows XP Prof. running on a Pentium 4 CPU 3 GHZ with 1GB Ram

yes i've had that while the loot window came up as i was tabbing back into a team hunt, if you tab in just as it comes up the icon doesn;t show :)

Back