Idea to boost Economy

To stimulate economy and generate MU, its needed to create a demand.

The more UL items come into game, the less will be the demand for anything crafted.

So we need a way to create a demand that is not player sold to player items for the crafted goods, and there is a very easy solution.

Install daily trade in missions!

Example:
Deliver X PED of weapons.
Deliver X PED of medic tools.
Deliver X PED of armor parts.
Deliver x number of Jester D-1 (or whatever crafted item)
aso aso

Now if a player accepts such a trade in mission, he gets back the full TT of the delivered item + some mission reward.
This mission reward could be something like the daily tokens or simply 1 attribute token.

Asuming they make the reward for this trade missions 1 Atribut token, and 1 daily trade mission for every attribute, there would be real demand for this crafted items.
Even the items could generate MU, as some players very likely will be to lazy to craft the items themself and simply buy it from auction.

Would it cost MA anything?
NO, attributs are not chipable so not tradeable.

It could also be a three level mission, that reward with 1, 2 or 3 tokens.

Maybe like that:
L1 Mission - 250 PED to trade in 1 token
L2 Mission - 500 PED to trade in 2 token
L3 Mission - 1000 PED to trade in 3 token

That would create 1750 PED demand of crafted items for each attribute = 8750 PED demand of crafted items / player who like to get all possible attribute tokens / day.

That would really boost economy!

:wise:
what he said!
one of the best ideas I`ve seen in a while!

Our economy is at current sad state, because ppl dont wanna play this game anymore,or they want to do it, but they are not willing.
We can talk all day about how it was before and how it is now,but for me ( will talk about my perspective,some may have different experience) game lost 2 very important factors.

1st. Number crunching, if before it was bloody important to go all eco, and no defence costs,then now....loot based on costs is insulting my not very high intelligence.
2nd. and most important,they took away dream to skill up,rise my ped card till lvl where i can play free and maybe, just maybe have a little proffit. For sure i was willing to lose $ on my way up,but atm when all players are equal,why should i "chase" lvl 100 combat or defence? What the point?
3rd game become so stable,it become boring like shit!! Loot is flat and stable,no need to think about returns,they will come anyway (on old loot i did become good to calculate returns on every mob in head,to know should i stop or should i go). MU on loot generally is not existing,low MU doesnt means that MU exist in reality. I mean, market value says stuff X is sold for 108% but volume of sales during the week is so small,i do loot such value in 1h.
To sell our loot was very important part of game play. MA took away that part(keep in mind,part of game play), interacting with other players (directly or true auction house) is game play,and it is gone atm. And nothing is added instead of that.

We can come up with very complicated ideas about, how to boost economy,and we can talk about it for weeks, and maybe MA will pick up some grain too (i hope not), but its all BS.
People are not willing to play at given circumstances,ppl dont play ,economy stagnates,more ppl lose willingness to play...
MA did lots to increase NEED to deposit,kinda right for business, but at the same time they took away reasons to depo... the philosophy " It Is Just a Game" dont work in RCE environment.
So all in all, dont have idea how to boost economy without fixing the whole game.

I am sure most of the people still didnt discovered how this game works, because if they did they would have a different opinion about it.
Its well done, simply and at the same time very complex.
You really don't need to deposit hundreds of real cash to have fun. Just follow the game and be focus on it

Our economy is at current sad state, because ppl dont wanna play this game anymore,or they want to do it, but they are not willing.
We can talk all day about how it was before and how it is now,but for me ( will talk about my perspective,some may have different experience) game lost 2 very important factors.

1st. Number crunching, if before it was bloody important to go all eco, and no defence costs,then now....loot based on costs is insulting my not very high intelligence.
2nd. and most important,they took away dream to skill up,rise my ped card till lvl where i can play free and maybe, just maybe have a little proffit. For sure i was willing to lose $ on my way up,but atm when all players are equal,why should i "chase" lvl 100 combat or defence? What the point?
3rd game become so stable,it become boring like shit!! Loot is flat and stable,no need to think about returns,they will come anyway (on old loot i did become good to calculate returns on every mob in head,to know should i stop or should i go). MU on loot generally is not existing,low MU doesnt means that MU exist in reality. I mean, market value says stuff X is sold for 108% but volume of sales during the week is so small,i do loot such value in 1h.
To sell our loot was very important part of game play. MA took away that part(keep in mind,part of game play), interacting with other players (directly or true auction house) is game play,and it is gone atm. And nothing is added instead of that.

We can come up with very complicated ideas about, how to boost economy,and we can talk about it for weeks, and maybe MA will pick up some grain too (i hope not), but its all BS.
People are not willing to play at given circumstances,ppl dont play ,economy stagnates,more ppl lose willingness to play...
MA did lots to increase NEED to deposit,kinda right for business, but at the same time they took away reasons to depo... the philosophy " It Is Just a Game" dont work in RCE environment.
So all in all, dont have idea how to boost economy without fixing the whole game.

People like you are why the economy is in the state it is...

When this game started many people dropped $$$ to become uber and make a profit. The problem though is that only so many people can come out ahead. Everyone else has to lose for them to make their profit. When too many people achieve your dream to play free or make a profit, the game dies as the burden to keep the servers running falls on fewer and fewer shoulders.

Deal with those that prey on the new players.

With...

extreme_prejudice.jpg

Then you'd win twice, you would remove the scammer, keep the new player & have a bigger playerbase.

This has been successful to an extent with the Mindark Livesupport, but they can only react to reports and cant fix long term abuses quickly, but they can certainly make life very difficult for 'Perps'. :)

Keep it up though - the recent team loot setting changes were long overdue. :thumbup:

Click here for 'Too Long Didn't Read' at post 2 if text is too big OR read on for more details and examples.

So this made me think of the following idea:
Create a new way of repairing your UL gear.
Make it so that we have 2 options:
1. Repair with peds, like we have now.
2. Repair with repair items. For example, you could make craftable items like "trigger" for a gun or buttons for pants and stuff like that. So you repair the weapon by putting a new trigger on it.

Lets use an example and say that repairing a gun would cost you 100 ped if you repair it on the current way of repairing (with peds).
Then maybe we could repair a gun with metal for example, and it would cost us 50peds TT instead of 100 ped.
Result: The MU of this metal/trigger/... will be a little below 200%. So people buying this kind of repair items will be able to repair cheaper, which makes UL items more valuable again. But at the same time, crafters are able to craft certain items with high MU, which will make crafting more valuable again. At the same time, the basic ingredients for these crafting BP's will raise again, so also mining and hunting become more valuable again.

I have a brilliant idea to go into business and hire myself at $10,000 an hour. You might think 'where are you going to get that kind of money?' Silly, after just one full day of work I just made $80,000! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Many are willing to play and do it daily!
Some pay MU to play, many others don´t.
The more players would pay MU to play, the better the economy.

Now its important to get top efficency, although that advantage from efficence is a lot less than it was befor from dpp, so the number crunshing will contine, just shifted from dpp to efficency!

If you don´t understand why the magic LVL 100 and even levels above is still an important thing, you understand nothing from EU, sorry!

Yes, loot is stable and flat these days. I miss the high multis, too, but I don´t miss the < 30% returns that happend in the old days aswell.
There is a reason why MA flattened the loot, and it is actual a positive thing, as it feels much less gambling as it did in the old days. You can´t win that much as you could in the past, but you also can´t lose that much, some lost a fortune. If you read through old forum threads you may learn a little how bad it was for some people.
About MU, it is still there even on small mobs aswell as on bigger mobs.
The actual problem with MUs is, that there is fairly no need to craft anything but enhancers, mining amps, Armatrix weapons, and thats what this thread is about:
Boosting the economy, means boosting crafting, where the loots are used.
MA started to work on this, Armatrix is a good start!
Now I still would like to see GENERIC COMPONENTS back in loot, as I can´t craft 99% of the BPs in Weapons Book II, due to missing generic components, which have had a nice MU, when it still dropped.

Selling your loot for MU is still as important as it was in the past.
Try to break even on MU, not vs TT.
If you chase the HoF to break even vs TT, well your style of play.
I don´t want to play that style, as it is gambler style.

The problem with ideas. If it is complicated MA will not implement it, as it means they need a lot of coding, which leads to bugs, which may be very hard to analyze and fix. So the more complicated an idea is, the less chance to see it in game.
What we need is simple ideas, best this ideas are based on game mechanics that already exist.
Look at my mission idea, all game mechanics already exist. Would be very simple thing for MA to implement that.

Beside that, boosting the economy to get more MUs, would motivate more players to play more than they actually do. So your point that people are not willing to play, may be right, and one reason is the bad economy.
So we need a boost of economy to have more players activ playing.

Every change is a two edged sword, it has its positives and its negatives.
Low MU seems to be good for MA, as it is harder to break even, so players need to deposit more often to play the grind festival.
In fact it is bad, as if there is no need to craft. The loots will not be decayed (used in crafting).
The more often a loot is cycled the better for MA.
MA makes money from decay, and crafting decays loots!
TT does not decay loots, TT always give you 100% return, while crafter normaly get less than 100% when they use loots for their crafts.

So make crafting complex, no need to recode something, just adjust existing BPs.
Remove the raw resources from items BPs, and replace it with crafted components (look at Armatrix, thats fairly good designed BPs, as it uses a lot carfted components).
Make higher level components that need lower level components to be crafted (we have a few of it already, like Simple Conductors/Ruds/Springs). More of that kind would be nice.
Or make consumables crafted, like pills from crafting would also be nice.

The more demand for crafted items, the more loots generated by miners and hunters would be cycled by crafters.

Atm crafting (exept explo) is very low, the PEDs ingame could be decayed much faster if there would be more demand for crafted items, this is where MA makes money. Things have to be decayed.

There still would be people losing and others profiting, thats how EU works, but it would have much more interaction between players when it comes to selling your goods, doesn´t matter if through auction or P2P trades.

BTW, more auctions would also be good for MA, as there is a auction fee.
So every stack with no MU sold to TT is bad for MA, as MA lost the chance to make money from it by lesser return (TT out) than input (TT in) 95% return!

The MUs paid, is PvsP thing! It doesn´t affect MA in any way!
Some will pay to much MU and lose.
Some will sell for to low MU and lose.
Others who are smart sell for proper MU to break even/profit or buy at low enough MU to break even/profit.

The faster someone can sell his loot for MU, the faster he is back into producing decay (good for MA).
And the goods sold for MU also would be decayed, so a working economy based on crafting, would be a win situation for MA compared to actual state of ingame economy.

They definately should be interested in fixing it, by creating a demand for crafting!

Fun is relative... i did know one guy who was riding waterbikes in storm,when asked,is he doing it for fun? He said "no, when i wanna fun i bet on stock market,this is just to keep me awake". Same here in EU,for some ppl kerbs are top of the dreams,for me if i should hunt kerbs now to have fun....i will better dont log in.
Some ppl think (got a feeling most ppl think) big rollers are ruining game. Very very wrong,big rollers keep it alive.
Lets do some reality check,we are complaining about stagnating economy,ppl are not buying stuff and MU is low. Now imagine guy who drops 20usd in month, he will have a whooping 200ped budget for a month, cool for him if he goes after 50hp mobs with his very cool Bukins rifle. But does he have some spare cash to buy something? Some amp, armor or vanity items,clothes or something?
Nope!
While hunting he acquire some loot what he wanna sell,but nobody buys,even at low MU because most ppl around are like him,on low budged and cant afford such luxuries. Funny thing is,he is having fun on his hunts and those 20 bucks are well spend in his opinion,but still he complains about bad economy and how so called "Whales" are ruining game.
Sad thing is, such model suits MA very well,MA gave UL rifle, UL fap, player just buys ammo and it is gone by the end of the month,and he depos again and again and have fun,till he is bored to death and never ever shows up,end of story, insert new guy in that slot :yay:
If we are talking about economy in EU,we are talking about people who deposit (or did deposit in the past) large chunks of cash,those ppl buy stuff(amps,armor, weapons all kind of vanity items) and those items are made from stuff what 20 buck fun guy looted.
After we all become equal, low lvl folks and high levels,dumb and clever, high levels see no point of doing game activities because 97% from 200ped isnt same as 97%from 200k ped. So no items are burned,no mats required, stuff on AH never sold and MU keeps falling.
That is reality what have now.
How to fix this mess, fire up big "Whales", make them hunt again,make them burn stuff! Will it ever happen? Dont think so:(
And in mean while ppl will complain about bad economic and big rollers who ruined game :)

Now I still would like to see GENERIC COMPONENTS back in loot, as I can´t craft 99% of the BPs in Weapons Book II, due to missing generic components, which have had a nice MU, when it still dropped.

what generic components (name them pls)? i've taken a look at some of those BPs and seen ore/enmatter and crafted components being used in weapons book II BP

Or make consumables crafted, like pills from crafting would also be nice.

exactly, i've suggested it to MA in 2016 already to make cosmetics, paint cans and pills craftable via new professtion.
They could go with something like (examples):
paint can yellow: 1 animal muscle oil + 1 belkar ingot
paint can blue: 1 animal muscle oil + 1 blausariam ingot
paint can steel blue: 1 animal eye oil + 1 blausariam ingot + 1 lyst ingot
paint can black: 1 animal liver oil + 2 caldorite ingot
and so on...

they could even introduce cooking and fishing on top of that.
Food giving temporary buffs, similiar to pills.
Fishes being used in cooking, paint can and pills crafting and have the fishing rods be limited.

Edit: they could also give everyone an instanced non-public appartment, which starts out small and be upgraded to bigger sizes by using various materials. This would also help with furniture demand and higher demand for the material involved in furniture crafting.

non-public to prevent them from competing with regular appartments/shops people spend money on to buy those.

Last edited:
Yesterday i was very tired and angry,maybe i spilled my frustration here. I am sorry if i hurted some feelings.

Sure thing,to boost economy MA should boost craffting, and sure thing they are doing it with all kind of Ar-matrix blue prints,and it is good for sure,but...
If game remains how it is now its kinda pointless. They can add prints of guns what plays tunes,or amps what make swirls pink or blue... if players are not willing to buy them and burn them,what the point?
I stay with what i said, give people purpose to spend cash,make them willing to play and skill up,and make them believe in dream!

P.S.
I went from 0 till level 90 in combat in 3 years and 7 month,all skills natural i know ppl with similar pace of skilling and I know ppl who asked what took me so long,and atm we all are idling,we log in poke around say hello to each other and thats it.
Give us purpose MA,sell us a dream,and players will go full speed again!

Click here for 'Too Long Didn't Read' at post 2 if text is too big OR read on for more details and examples.
2. Give UL gear a new advantage, so their MU raise again, which will make (L) gear rise as well, BUT!!! Make sure that the advantage on the UL gear also raises the rest of the economy (crafting/mining/hunting materials)

I would suggest the contrary: (L) items should have an edge over repairable, without having silly markup. Or there should at least exist such (L) items.

Why? Well, first, there should be a reason to get (L) items. Secondly, if a few repairable items are dropped that are better than (L) ones, the one who loots it will be happy, of course, but the rest of the plyers who will have to use inferior items that also are (L) probably might get tired of Everything. Or the feeling that the top players with top weapons win mayhem-style events and get the best items ingame. Now I mean this would be a problem if the chance for the rest of the hunters to get a good weapon is (almost) none if the best weapons are designed to be dropped as repairable (and given out to top event Winners).

what generic components (name them pls)? i've taken a look at some of those BPs and seen ore/enmatter and crafted components being used in weapons book II BP

Basic Target Assesment Units
Basic Strategic Combat Prozessors
Basic Scanning Sensor
and ...

all the above as enhanced, advanced aso.

Nearly all unlimited weapon BPs in book II need such generic components (Rutics, Kesmeks, Aspis, Bashers, Scratchers, Willards aso aso)

Thought you are crafter, and don´t know that ?

Sometimes L BPs for that weapons dropped, which didn´t use the generic components, long time haven´t seen this L BPs aswell stopped dropping, as the generic components stopped dropping.

Basic Target Assesment Units
Basic Strategic Combat Prozessors
Basic Scanning Sensor
and ...

all the above as enhanced, advanced aso.

hmm, i've took a brief look at weapons II earlier and mainly seen higher crafted components ^^

Thought you are crafter, and don´t know that ?

i don't do weapons/armor =)

I hope you did send MA a precise list of the materials instead of a "some components aren't droping" ^^

Last edited:
Idea to boost economy, i mean to boost sales of mats and L items.
Make changes in how loot is distributed (lots of ppl are going to hate me now).

Boost returns of UL guns till 99%-100% (ammo and decay of weapon not decay on armor and fap,dont understand why those expenses are included in loot pool) BUT make them loot shrapnel only, no items,no mats,no ESI just shrapnel.
Lower returns for L guns 90-92% but L gun users will loot all those thing to sell.
It will give ppl the choice,cheep and boring game play with UL stuff and not so cheep but more exiting game play with L weapons,and it will partly solve over supplement problem.
Same goes for explo crafters, no more opals,no more gems in hofs,no bp in loot.

If one wants advantage of boosting economy he should be part of it and consume too.

Idea to boost economy, i mean to boost sales of mats and L items.
Make changes in how loot is distributed (lots of ppl are going to hate me now).

Boost returns of UL guns till 99%-100% (ammo and decay of weapon not decay on armor and fap,dont understand why those expenses are included in loot pool) BUT make them loot shrapnel only, no items,no mats,no ESI just shrapnel.
Lower returns for L guns 90-92% but L gun users will loot all those thing to sell.
It will give ppl the choice,cheep and boring game play with UL stuff and not so cheep but more exiting game play with L weapons,and it will partly solve over supplement problem.
Same goes for explo crafters, no more opals,no more gems in hofs,no bp in loot.

If one wants advantage of boosting economy he should be part of it and consume too.

A very bad idea!

If I would have paid 200k+ PED to have high end hunting gear unlimited, just to save the MU on L gear, it would be a real reason to quit the game!

And there is another problem, with this idea.

If this UL gear is tired up and enhancers are attached, does it count unlimited or limited that moment, you know enhancers have MU.

And it definately is not needed to do such drastical changes.

Just give L blueprints for competitive L gear and people can decide themself if they want to use UL (save MU) or use L crafted.

An example:
One of the best Healing Tools ingame is still the ModFAP!
Why not make a crafted L ModFAP from a rar dropping L BP.
People would buy that FAP, as it is L it would be gone sooner or later, and if L BP to craft it is rar, there wouldn´t be an oversupply.
Even if oversupply would happen, it could be easy balanced by MA, just lower the drop rate of the L BP.

No coding needed for such ideas, just another L BP in the database.
All mechanics already exist!

Same could be done for all UL gear, offer crafted options that are as good as the UL things or even better.

Armors, Tools, Weapons --- have a competitive crafted option, and crafting would happen

Easy as that!

Would like to see: Selling ModMerc L Full TT in tradechannels.

There is so many options MA could do to stimulate crafting without the need of changing systems, or mess with players investments (UL gear).
Even more UL gear wouldn´t hurt to much, if there always would be the option to buy a crafted L thing, that is as good as the UL one, or even slightly better.

Players shouldn´t be forced to use L and pay MU, they should like to pay MU and use that L gear, simply because it is good!

A very bad idea!

If I would have paid 200k+ PED to have high end hunting gear unlimited, just to save the MU on L gear, it would be a real reason to quit the game!

And there is another problem, with this idea.

If this UL gear is tired up and enhancers are attached, does it count unlimited or limited that moment, you know enhancers have MU.

And it definately is not needed to do such drastical changes.

Just give L blueprints for competitive L gear and people can decide themself if they want to use UL (save MU) or use L crafted.

An example:
One of the best Healing Tools ingame is still the ModFAP!
Why not make a crafted L ModFAP from a rar dropping L BP.
People would buy that FAP, as it is L it would be gone sooner or later, and if L BP to craft it is rar, there wouldn´t be an oversupply.
Even if oversupply would happen, it could be easy balanced by MA, just lower the drop rate of the L BP.

No coding needed for such ideas, just another L BP in the database.
All mechanics already exist!

Same could be done for all UL gear, offer crafted options that are as good as the UL things or even better.

Armors, Tools, Weapons --- have a competitive crafted option, and crafting would happen

Easy as that!

Would like to see: Selling ModMerc L Full TT in tradechannels.

There is so many options MA could do to stimulate crafting without the need of changing systems, or mess with players investments (UL gear).
Even more UL gear wouldn´t hurt to much, if there always would be the option to buy a crafted L thing, that is as good as the UL one, or even slightly better.

Players shouldn´t be forced to use L and pay MU, they should like to pay MU and use that L gear, simply because it is good!

Isnt there a (was) modmercs (L) historically? I have a vague memory of a such, dropping from mod merps :)

In my idea nobody forces players to pay MU for L gear :eyecrazy:
You have your UL,great, use it and enjoy 99% returns,great for skilling, good on low MU mobs, oh 0 chance to loot ESI,yes thats a down side, but then how often ESI drops :eyecrazy:
You feel like in business mode,buy L gear and loot mats and ESI if lucky and get lower tt returns.
Unlimited gear is great for a player who uses it but it is pure evil for games economy. Like I said, u wanna sell for MU u should buy too,simple :eyecrazy:
MA can add as much great blue prints they want,if here is no reason for ppl to buy those crafted items nothing will change.

Last edited:
In my idea nobody forces players to pay MU for L gear :eyecrazy:
You have your UL,great, use it and enjoy 99% returns,great for skilling, good on low MU mobs, oh 0 chance to loot ESI,yes thats a down side, but then how often ESI drops :eyecrazy:
You feel like in business mode,buy L gear and loot mats and ESI if lucky and get lower tt returns.
Unlimited gear is great for a player who uses it but it is pure evil for games economy. Like I said, u wanna sell for MU u should buy too,simple :eyecrazy:
MA can add as much great blue prints they want,if here is no reason for ppl to buy those crafted items nothing will change.
UL users repair far more TT than most L users burn per hour or year... so....

Explo crafters burns far more ped in an hour then most item crafters in week,but they dont complain about "nobody buys my stuff,games economy is bad".
Explain me what the difference between explo blue print and UL gun ? They are the same,both gets ammo from TT. Only explo craffters sell loot to TT too,but hunter with UL gear sells it on AH for markup,but he dont buys nothing there and he wonders why nobody buys his stuff.
I dont know how to explain obvious thing...sorry.

Explo crafters burns far more ped in an hour then most item crafters in week,but they dont complain about "nobody buys my stuff,games economy is bad".
Explain me what the difference between explo blue print and UL gun ? They are the same,both gets ammo from TT. Only explo craffters sell loot to TT too,but hunter with UL gear sells it on AH for markup,but he dont buys nothing there and he wonders why nobody buys his stuff.
I dont know how to explain obvious thing...sorry.

When you pay 40k for a gun and an amp and watch the value get cut in half, you can complain about how UL guns don't contribute to the economy lol.

Also, I'm doing just fine on MU with my UL gun, I'm not really understanding why people says there's no MU anymore....

Before anything else I would like to ask, what you will think for a complete change at repair system?
No repair for PED anymore, but instead system you will ask/need you to add equal value of shrapnel or residue in it (a system similar to SI upgrades for spaceships so not much of coding too).
That doesn't affect MA profit at all but will add some MU value to the game.

Before anything else I would like to ask, what you will think for a complete change at repair system?
No repair for PED anymore, but instead system you will ask/need you to add equal value of shrapnel or residue in it (a system similar to SI upgrades for spaceships so not much of coding too).
That doesn't affect MA profit at all but will add some MU value to the game.
Why not just do away with repair and TT terminal and make it all crafted... Want to repair something, go find a blacksmith, player (not hpc or terminal)... get rid of auction too... want to sell something go find a player to buy it. Not gonna happen, but the game did at one time exist before many of the luxuries we live with today.

Many don't use motherships since it takes too long to wait for them to be online at the right place to meet up with them. Imagine having such wait times just to be able to buy some ammo or repair something, or to sell something.

Shops cannot really compete with the auction's ability to be everywhere, on multiple planets, every second of every minute of every day, 24/7, at once, near every tp... Imagine one day the robots destroyed the auctioneer system... for good... followed by trade terminals not being able to buy anything... and repair terminals not being able to repair anything (replaced by a 'new crafting profession' called 'repair engineer')... you could still do p2p trading and use shops and shopkeepers, etc., but nothing else as most terminals would not function the way they currently do... would that 'boost' the economy? (my guess is probably not, it'd slow things down a lot and increase the hell out of markup and space travel costs due to price gouging... but is this the direction we really want to head in to going forward? slippery slopes... )

Last edited:
When you pay 40k for a gun and an amp and watch the value get cut in half, you can complain about how UL guns don't contribute to the economy lol.

instead of spending 40k for 1 gun + 1 amp you could have spend those 40k to buy 200 L guns & amps. You were saying about UL contributing to the economy...

....Many don't use motherships since it takes too long to wait for them to be online at the right place to meet up with them. Imagine having such wait times just to be able to buy some ammo or repair something, or to sell something. [/SIZE]

Didn't meant this service to be on spaceships :scratch2: did I? That would be crazy!!!!

I mean repair terminals to work "like" that system (by asking user to put ingredients in).

instead of spending 40k for 1 gun + 1 amp you could have spend those 40k to buy 200 L guns & amps. You were saying about UL contributing to the economy...[/QUOTE.

I sure hope i can buy more than 200 L guns with 40k...

Here's the contrarian view. My ability to hunt without using high MU guns means that crafters can buy my lower cost materials to make guns, and this allows hunters who hunt with L weapons to hunt at a lower cost.

Just because I don't pay MU doesn't mean I don't pay a cost to hunt...MA takes a cut. My return is close to 95%. So MU has to cover that.

If you'd like to take away UL weapons and their ability for avatars to reduce their hunting cost (at risk of the UL MU dropping), might want to get ready for 300-400% MU guns and even more inflated costs in this game. I'm not sure this is a good thing for the livelihood of the game. As someone else mentioned, MA relies on cycling, and high MU on guns is not conducive to more cycling.

And after i run out of L guns, I can't just keep cycling, while with UL I can. As I decay more peds, MA takes their cut, I get some loot that has to cover that cut with MU, driving the MU of the items.

I think the L vs UL guns debate is not as simple as you might be suggesting it is. As in any market system, the effects and actions are quite complex and intertwined

And MU has skyrocketed for most things since Loot 2.0 was implemented. Hunting with UL guns is not free as people seem to want to suggest. Loot 2.0 has increased the intrinsic cost to hunt, which is why MU has gone up.

L is good for casual players who want to have less skin in the game, and is willing to pay a small amount more each month to do that. Also for lower amount cyclers. UL is for those who cycle 50k+ a month who need to look at how to save every % of cost possible.

Last edited:
L is good for casual players who want to have less skin in the game, and is willing to pay a small amount more each month to do that. Also for lower amount cyclers. UL is for those who cycle 50k+ a month who need to look at how to save every % of cost possible.

I could not agree more, other thing is that Ls are no so convenient when you cycle a lot and on non-caly planet. All i have to so is to take my UL to repair terminal every few hours. I can't imagine buying new L twice a day while hunting on let say Toulan :laugh:

To be honest I don't think we need any economy adjustments to hunting market after armatrix guns/extenders/amps. We have 56% ULs and 65% L which give Ls some room for MU. Casual players can pick Ls, grinders can invest in UL. Repairing UL with no MU or buying armatrix for 125% is same shit if you do the math. The real choice is: do I freeze a lot of PED in UL MU and have convenient gun or do I pay as I go with regular stops at AH?

Real boost to economy would be pulling more money into the game via better marketing I would say.

Here's the contrarian view. My ability to hunt without using high MU guns means that crafters can buy my lower cost materials to make guns, and this allows hunters who hunt with L weapons to hunt at a lower cost.

that may be true. However:
- if tt-return is equal for UL & L
- if UL users go MU-wise for break even
- if UL users determine the MUs,
then it will just be impossible for L users to ever break even. Lower MU may look nice, yet seeing it being impossible to break even, then it's not nice anymore.
If L users get higher returns than UL users, then it may just become possible for them to break even as well. That would be an okay solution, so the player can decide wether to use UL or L, but then there would still be the issue UL users pumping a lot of ressources into the economy while not consuming any ressources, so even then they would bring down all MUs to ~106% (or even less) in the long run. High supply with little to no demand.

I sure hope i can buy more than 200 L guns with 40k...

You can´t if the TT of the gun is 200 PED :)
You wont even get 200 if there is a MU on it.

Just because I don't pay MU doesn't mean I don't pay a cost to hunt...MA takes a cut. My return is close to 95%. So MU has to cover that.

Agree here.
Taking away UL guns or killing the advantage UL has, can´t be a solution. EU needs UL guns, too.
I don´t see the problem with UL guns in general, the real problem is there is to much of it, and it become more and more.
This is actually the reason why MU on UL gear, went down that much last few years. Its the number of UL gear that come into the game.

It is the availability of UL guns for all levels.

Another problem is that most crafted gear simply isn´t competitive to UL or looted gear, so nobody crafts it, what direclty leads to low MUs on looted resources, which should be used in crafting nice L items.

Its just a balancing problem.
Drop less awesome L gear from hunting.
Offer BPs to craft awesome gear that actually is competitive.
Reduce the numbers of new UL gear coming into game.

That alone would help a lot, and there is many other options to boost the economy, speak crafting!

Another sideeffect would be that high MU UL gear, wouldn´t devalue that fast.
It still would lose value over time, just not that fast as it is atm.

We are talking ideas here,kinda brainstorming, right ?
I said from beginning, lots of ppl will not like my idea and not like it is perfect,far from that.
You are right MU on some mats after Ar-matrix blue prints has raised, dropped on others and it is all cool and natural. What concerns me, sale volumes in total have dropped significantly and as MA stated volumes of depositing have dropped too. It can be related directly,can be indirectly, i dont know that,but it isnt positive trend however u look at it.
I think we can agree, economy is based on consumption. So if we wanna sell something we should consume something to create flow of cash. Crafters consumes mats,hunters/miners consumes stuff they make,circle of life :)
At the moment MA does good job (if MA is even capable of doing good job) by adding new prints for decent items and therefore creating consumption of mats,but at the same time nothing is done to create consumption of items and influence of those prints are minor and in short term. Marketing of the game would be the right steps,but lets face reality, influx of new depositing players is how it is,far from significant.
We can pretend, all is good,loot V,2 works like clock, sale volumes are low because it is some seasonal phenomena or something,but in same time more and more loot is sold to TT and MA is receiving less and less deposits.

Back