Question: If I Ruled the World

Skaffen

Old Alpha
If I had my own EU I would take the good stuff from here and leave the bad stuff (UL). I would state exactly where my income comes from and how deep I am in (ROI), let the community vote on where the 'extra' profits go (eg interface, content). Basically fix whats wrong with this and invite everyone over. (NB No item/skill transfers for what should be obvious reasons)
I would also tie itemz to skill progression in a definite way to prevent me having to balance what should be obvious from the system.

Oh, how would you do it?

Last edited:
If I had my own EU I would take the good stuff from here and leave the bad stuff (UL). I would state exactly where my income comes from and how deep I am in (ROI), let the community vote on where the 'extra' profits go (eg interface, content). Basically fix whats wrong with this and invite everyone over. (NB No item/skill transfers for what should be obvious reasons)
I would also tie itemz to skill progression in a definite way to prevent me having to balance what should be obvious from the system.
You need to play more. A lot more. Let us know your thoughts again in 2 years.

Granted im on pretty heavy painkillers atm, but i couldnt make out your post at all. I honestly didnt understand anything. What?

Its a good Nas tune tho.

Last edited:
Star Birth

You need to play more. A lot more. Let us know your thoughts again in 2 years.

Ive been here awhile. I profited during the Opalo era and am worth at least x10 on my deposits (without skills)

Im being obtuse...the question is most relevant from a timing point of view, which is to say -Why the large scale 'liquidation'?

The question can be realised fairly soon and I often see posts from vets who enjoy 're-setting' their toon. So I know from a vet point of view a fresh start with explicit parameters might attract them away from EU1. From the perspective of attracting new gamers - explicit rules/odds are often more attractive...and for me (see above)...I would love to have the cash to put it together!

....hmmm maybe if I sell some itemz....

OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

People ............... we got an always profit here ....... :laugh:

Spread em Danno

OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

People ............... we got an always profit here ....... :laugh:

There would still be wealth re-distribution but it would mitigate against hyper inflation.

All relevant items (potential income effectors) would be (L) but that is one of the biggest mistakes in this game.

Ive been here awhile. I profited during the Opalo era and am worth at least x10 on my deposits (without skills)
I didn't say you were new. I just said you need to play more. A lot more.
Otherwise you wouldn't have said the things you did about UL weapons. Or...
NB No item/skill transfers for what should be obvious reasons
this, or...
this. You haven't understood it so far. If you had, you would have changed your opinion on this part, or moved on to WoW or some such mindnumbing environment.

Im being obtuse...the question is most relevant from a timing point of view, which is to say -Why the large scale 'liquidation'?
The sky is falling. Haven't you heard?

From the perspective of attracting new gamers - explicit rules/odds are often more attractive.
Only if you're a WoW-kinda personality.

..and for me (see above)...I would love to have the cash to put it together!
Me too. ;)
....hmmm maybe if I sell some itemz....
Why not? Everybody is doing it! :wtg:

Mini baby...

It's not for the WoWzers, it's still an RCE.

Why did MA introduce (L)? - to stimulate the 'Market'...unlimited is a mistake, with a fresh perspective (not financially skewed) you would see this. The game should always have been '(L)'.

it is good to have an consumer market, its , i think, about the only thing to control a market.

So..

it is good to have an consumer market, its , i think, about the only thing to control a market.

Would you come to my universe?
Cash out here, set up a fresh toon, go out hunting knowing there was a gamble, but reassured an item would be there at the end of the week/month/year grind?

Maybe I would set some mobs as 'low average return/high HOF' and vice versus...but everyone would know.

Maybe I would set some mobs as 'low average return/high HOF' and vice versus...but everyone would know.

I don't understand your thread.

But people already know what mobs give low average return/high hof. At least I do. And I know I am not alone. Look around there are threads about it on ef.

Piquant

I don't understand your thread.

But people already know what mobs give low average return/high hof. At least I do. And I know I am not alone. Look around there are threads about it on ef.

Yes, I believe low lvl mobs are more even but there is room to improve on this. If there is currently more to what you say, and it is not only an issue of frequently hunted mobs etc...then I am unaware of such an aspect.

Okay if i ruld the world

MA..... I wonder....
Will it take me under.... I don't know

Imagine blowing peds at ithica without n00bs harassing
Imagine going to TT and buying MM with no limit
Lifestyle cruising blue behind my waters
No welfare supporters more conscious of the way we raise our snables
Days are longer, nights are warmer
Feeling like life is over, noobs strike like a cobra
The world's hot my UL guns got knocked evidentaly
Imagine everybody flashing, mastercoats
Designer clothes, lacing your click up with diamond vogues
imagine guides with no undercovers
Just some thoughts for the mind
I take a glimpse into time
watch the blimp read "MA Is Mine"

If I ruled the world
Imagine that
i'd buy all my guns, I love em love em baby
mod mercs and amps
Could it be, if you could
be mine, we'd both shine
If I ruled the world
Still living for today, in
these last days and times.

Why did MA introduce (L)? - to stimulate the 'Market'...unlimited is a mistake, with a fresh perspective (not financially skewed) you would see this. The game should always have been '(L)'.

I don't think unlimited items are a mistake. While (L) does stimulate the market we still see unlimited new items dropping today. (L) gives MA the ability to test out new options and how they affect the economy plus it gives new players an opportunity to use a higher end item at a lower price for a limited time.

I still think (L) items should have only been implemented to enhance repairable items, what was the core of Project Entropia in the first place. There is a whole realm of items MA could have developed and implemented in EU to enhance everyone's experience without trying to replace everything with (L). I litterally spent 30 minutes looking for a F(L)AP the other night. I looked all over the auction, malls, shops and could not find one. That was time taken away from actual decaying play time and a needless frustration.

Even though we actually don't own anything in EU there is a need for people to feel vested in EU. If everything was (L) in the beginning well MA would have seen a lot less of my money since I probably would have left early on.

Ok beyond all that I would put things in place that enhance and expand the gaming aspect of EU. A continual update of incentives to get people to participate. Ongoing quests/events that bridge the three main professions that are updated regularly. I would use the entire item, weapon, armor, fap, clothing, resource library to stimulate participation. I would also reimplement the voting booths and create more user driven content. Personalization would be key. Definitely implement item locks. I would also run EU 24/7 so people in other time zones don't feel left out of some of the bigger events or mass discoveries after a VU implementation. Speaking of discoveries I would taper them out through the entire VU. I would also make skilling up and taking on tougher tasks worth doing giving people more tangible results.

There is much more I would do but I won't write a novel here.

Planet-ed

I don't think unlimited items are a mistake. While (L) does stimulate the market we still see unlimited new items dropping today. (L) gives MA the ability to test out new options and how they affect the economy plus it gives new players an opportunity to use a higher end item at a lower price for a limited time.

I still think (L) items should have only been implemented to enhance repairable items, what was the core of Project Entropia in the first place. There is a whole realm of items MA could have developed and implemented in EU to enhance everyone's experience without trying to replace everything with (L). I litterally spent 30 minutes looking for a F(L)AP the other night. I looked all over the auction, malls, shops and could not find one. That was time taken away from actual decaying play time and a needless frustration.

Even though we actually don't own anything in EU there is a need for people to feel vested in EU. If everything was (L) in the beginning well MA would have seen a lot less of my money since I probably would have left early on.

Ok beyond all that I would put things in place that enhance and expand the gaming aspect of EU. A continual update of incentives to get people to participate. Ongoing quests/events that bridge the three main professions that are updated regularly. I would use the entire item, weapon, armor, fap, clothing, resource library to stimulate participation. I would also reimplement the voting booths and create more user driven content. Personalization would be key. Definitely implement item locks. I would also run EU 24/7 so people in other time zones don't feel left out of some of the bigger events or mass discoveries after a VU implementation. Speaking of discoveries I would taper them out through the entire VU. I would also make skilling up and taking on tougher tasks worth doing giving people more tangible results.

There is much more I would do but I won't write a novel here.

For some people that novel would become a business plan.;)

What is on offer is the ability to take the best here and learn from where you perceive the weaknesses. I offered a few priorities as I see them but they are by no means comprehensive...possibly even inadvisable!

Anyways the point is to offer a perspective on the 'EU Platform' as it is about to become. Why reinvent the wheel? Someone who understands EU1 can become the Master of Universe2...or a conglomerate of players could collude to afford the opportunity I suppose.

no seriously, please point me to the mass sales threads. Auction seem no different and sales here is just dominated by a couple of ubers moving stuff amongst themselves as they are want to do.

Relationship

no seriously, please point me to the mass sales threads. Auction seem no different and sales here is just dominated by a couple of ubers moving stuff amongst themselves as they are want to do.

The movement of the ubers is suggestive of downsizing (MM, MA105, Mod Fap....), all are top itemz, all are currently available. Although the number isn't high, the combined value along with Star's assets is considerable in a short timeframe.

The movement of the ubers is suggestive of downsizing (MM, MA105, Mod Fap....), all are top itemz, all are currently available. Although the number isn't high, the combined value along with Star's assets is considerable in a short timeframe.

Who cares if its available or not as long you can´t afford it.
I can´t afford MM, so I don´t care if someone sells it to someone else who can afford it.

If I could afford MM I would buy one if available, but actually thats a dream, my RL eats a lot off money, so no way to invest that amount of money into EU atm.

Back to topic:
If I ruled the world, I would fix that damn anoying bugs and upgrade hardware in order to lower the lag issue !!!!!

Chewing Cud

Who cares if its available or not as long you can´t afford it.
I can´t afford MM, so I don´t care if someone sells it to someone else who can afford it.

If I could afford MM I would buy one if available, but actually thats a dream, my RL eats a lot off money, so no way to invest that amount of money into EU atm.

Back to topic:
If I ruled the world, I would fix that damn anoying bugs and upgrade hardware in order to lower the lag issue !!!!!

Who?
- Folks browsing through a General Economy Discussion Forum, when the shift to EU as a platform is beginning, even more interesting as it seems to coincides with a lot of high end items passing hands.

Also I believe lag is probably network dependent so hardware is prob not the answer.

I agree that (L) stimulated the market, but in addition to a couple of other things, (L) also means greater balancing control for MA and fun for us. Yes, that's right, fun!

(L) allows MA to introduce a larger number of items at a greater drop rate rate than if they were UNL because a significant number of an item that is (L) will not impact the market or unbalance some aspect of EU anything like as much as the same number of UNL. In other words, balancing.

(L) allows more people to use a version of some of the more desirable/rare items that they might not otherwise get to play with even if they could afford to buy the UNL version. To most that would add up to fun.

(L) and SIB normally go hand in hand, and you don't exactly see many posts on EF where people are bitching about SIB.

And lastly, if EU should have been (L) from the beginning then MA would not be dropping UNL versions of (L) items that appeared before the UNL. ;)

Double post! :ahh:

Last edited:
Revolver

...And lastly, if EU should have been (L) from the beginning then MA would not be dropping UNL versions of (L) items that appeared before the UNL. ;)

Yes they are still making the same mistake, however it is to try and retain the balance from the initial mistake. Not 2 wrongs making a right but rather a lesser mistake to obscure the initial clanger.

Connections

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ext-island-new-entropia-universe-partner.html

I really don't think people understand what MA is selling. Many will not want to.

The evolution of PE has come to a stage where a fresh start can be made and previous wrongs can be righted for the developers and gamers. The market value of many items in this game is not healthy, crafting is pish. It is 'contaminated' by past mistakes.

Regardless, other worlds will offer what this appears to be and more, some will fail miserably. - It will dilute the playerbase here even if in the form of catching more speculators/new players.

MADavid couldn't keep it in...and shouldn't.

Itemz are moving down the ladder.

I just hope someone who understands this game can redo it without the cloak n dagger (Star!?). Develop a vibrant economy from the start based on challenging gaming environments with multi aspect tools and weapons to open up tactics...and thus crafting opportunities. Not a virtual universe but a gaming planet where I can grind, skill up, join a group and be allowed to know what my chances are.

1000x1000

Hey,
I'm looking for 999 players with a $1000 kicking around to pay MA for a go at the platform. I believe a nucleus of current players with a little time to invest and the aforementioned monies could go back to basics and improve on the original. These pioneers would also be the 'beta' testers and act as the seed for the initial economic foundation.

There would be fundamental differences from the current platform, with the emphasis on gaming (never been done;))...and transparency of loot mechanics.

I have a lot of ideas I would like to discuss...from terraforming to crafting complexity. There would also be a lot of questions to ask MA, however I lack the financial clout to start chapping doors...hence the share issue (100x$9999 would work too:))

in my EU 5% from all loots go to safe the rain forests and 10% goes into a group, that will stop cyborgs by law and burn aLL rockefellers.

also there will be more jobs like you can be a armor-reapair-man or tool-repair-man and so on.

where does the power come at the moment? every building got light, but no power plants!? you should be able to buy power plants like a hangar and be able to produce energy, but for sure you have also respect the nature by doing this, so 20 cole burning plants in a row wont work and everyone near there living or hunting gets ill (-HP).

i would really implement more jobs! courier-service is an idea. also you cant open a shop with someone really selling the stuff in it. you could do it via computers and bots and so a person is able to sell at different shops at the same time.

also there should be notebooks ingame like real notebooks and ingame internet for reaching database like infopedia or this forum. a world in a virutal world.

enough brainstorming, im out

Juices

i would really implement more jobs! courier-service is an idea.

Thanks for the ideas Nova.

With regards to the one I quoted; - I wouldn't put tp's IG (continental gateways maybe). This would allow a marketing idea such as yours to have merit and stimulate the demand for vehicles...however I fear they may require a great deal of components and 'special' items from quests. In fact a vehicle would require considerable mining, hunting and crafting efforts by a great many.

I know that to be feigned ignorance:rolleyes:

Step outside the thread, read between the lines, follow the track....

Skaffen, please. If you want to make a point like an adult at least try not to be so condecending to anyone who gives an alternate point of view. He had a very sensible point. There is no large scale liquidation going on.

You said to read between the lines, but i think you've gotten the wrong end of the stick yourself. Think of what is going to happen soon and ask yourself why guys with a large value in-game would sell the expensive items they don't really use.
Put simply, they are most likely freeing up as much cash as possible because they realise that when the cryengine and this spacepriates event come into play, there is a very good chance that a new item/location will be up for bids (in the vein of hangars, cnd, ti, malls, etc). And why would any self-respecting PEmillionaire pass up the opportunity try their luck at getting the new license to print money.
I'm not saying anything such as this will happen, but think carefully. Is that not a risk worth taking? Would you rather play it safe and make 5Kped on inflation, or take a risk and make 150Kped.

Liquidation doesn't = falling sky.

Yes, I believe low lvl mobs are more even but there is room to improve on this. If there is currently more to what you say, and it is not only an issue of frequently hunted mobs etc...then I am unaware of such an aspect.

Just to quickly point out, Kosmos didn't say anything about low end mobs, she mentioned only low average return.
"people already know what mobs give low average return/high hof"
Not telling you this as an insult, just so you can respond to it properly. Would be a shame for someone later on to start an argument with you and rub something like that in your face. You know how petty arguments on here get, with all the quibelling over semantics.

Unlimited is not a mistake. If it were, they would not A) have been so succesful under its banner; B) introduced the concept as their flagship.

Unlimited serves a spectacularly important role; to keep money tied in-game.
Wether it be high-end or low-end, unL gear with a market value means there is always going to be that amount in the world.
In other words: unL is MA's financial safety net.
Limited is not more or less important, as L stands to keep a constant flow of income rolling in, since people have to constantly replenish their gear as it runs out.

With these two working in tandem, MA have both their front-guard and rear covered. A wise strategy, and although there are several other ways they could have achieved this same position, the way circumstance played out placed this one on the silver podium. Though the circumstances could not have been accurately predicted, so doing any better would have just been luck. (the sort of x factor circumstance i refer to being unable to accurately prevent is, for example, a very nervous investor pulling out and causing an avalanche which eventually left MA having to declare bankruptcy.)

Oh, and as for "why?". Aside from what i've just typed, the real answer is; it's not a question of "why", this was always their plan. They made that perfectly clear on many occasions. It wasn't an afterthought, so there is no reason to the question you ask.

I'm at a loss to why anyone gets riled up over this stuff anyway. Your opinions on how things are or should be arent necesarrily correct just because they make sense to you. The only right ones are the ones calling the shots within MA. Us arguing or wishing on a star won't change a thing, so just relax and enjoy, because the wheels don't need your/mine maintenance to keep on turning. ("your" was plural btw, not aimed solely at Skaffen)

Back