If MA wants our money. Lets just loan some to them.

Lorespade

Prowler
Society
Diabolical Dominion
Spade Lores Indigo
Ok This is still in the realm of openion. but if anyone has some form of supporting facts to back up any openion based arguement please posts your own thoughts. Also keep in mind This is not a negitive thread aimed at stealing money or anything stupid.

Well Lets Speculate just a little and think a little out of the box. MA says that they get profits from Decay. and for those people that have read the MA Financial Reports, Pretty much Any deposit that is made belongs pretty much to MA. but they hold that money in liability's.

We can withdrawl the money, as it is in liability's. but when we do things that produce decay they really can take a real cut of the money and call it pure profits.

Here is what i am getting to. As you all know i am all for hard and solid Investments into the markets. But how about a liquid position just sitting in the system run by MA. This can constrew as an investment of sorts, am i right?

1: Does it change things if more money was sitting on the sidelines held by MA as liability's?

2: If a Player and MA both hold money in MA's Coffers; Liabilitys for MA, and a liquid position by players, Does that Grant some form of investment by MA to attempt to allow MA to add on some form of interest to your ped?

3: Does MA deserve a chance to hold our money as liability's and to use it possibly to increase oppertunitys IRL and in the game as a whole?

4: Players enjoy the game, does putting in money to be held as liability's the same as putting trust in the future of the company? Does withdrawls mean a lack of trust in players in MA's future?

5: Money held in Liability, with the problems in the banking sectors globaly is it wise to let a company with a banking licence hold your money more than a real bank?

These 5 talking points is just some questions to take into thought. If you have other questions to add to this, or a question and a speculated answer. or a speculated answer to the above questions. please post your thoughts.

I just like to learn things sometimes based on other peoples openions, or real facts people have to offer. so if my questions and coments seem uneducated, please understand the questions are formed with the hope of learning more.

How come you can loan money to MA ?

If MA wants your money, they just take it, they dont need to ask you at all.

You dont loan your sheep to the wolves

How come you can loan money to MA ?

If MA wants your money, they just take it, they dont need to ask you at all.

You dont loan your sheep to the wolves

Well I think a little differntly. but the way i am seeing it, If you like something strong enough you will do what you can to support it. Most Support in modern days comes from lining your supportee pockets with money.

Due to the Investment side of their company, and the restrictions on their Share in stock the only way i can see investments in on the buyer, side of things.

I do keep in mind that if you put in money to withdrawl at a later day without doing anything as far as risk, that you will lose money via withdrawl fee's. but if they were to have their coffers buffed up a little more in liability's would this in turn help the company's investments in a mid term or long term, if they cannot make the true profits from decay.

I understand that alot of people Veiw MA as a money grubbing entity. But Sometimes greed comes from nessicity, what if they Need money right now becouse they have to much on their plate, if they have more on hand even in liabilitys, could this help them to eliminate some of the greed from their side?

All trades are final. That meanst there are no loans, so if you want to give them more money, feel free to send it to their bankaccount and mention you don't want PED for it. I'm sure they'll be happy to comply.

that seems to be a long meandering ramble without really getting to anywhere. i think you are asking should MA use our deposited cash as capital for investments? personally, i think it would be ok if it where in high yield/low risk area, ie long term bank deposits, bonds etc.

should we go further and deposit money for this sole purpose? of course not, thats what banks are for. possibly what MindBank will be offering, we have no idea though (if its even still going to happen).

Here little speculation -
uhm no
on the other hand
yes

hmm....

interesting thought here... What if FPC itself or another planet partner were to create an account in Zopa, Prosper, or some other sort of online loaning money thingy?!?... They'd have to PAY US INTEREST over time! ;)

I kind of like this idea... May be one way the Planet Moderna idea could actually be achieved someday this century.

All trades are final. That meanst there are no loans, so if you want to give them more money, feel free to send it to their bankaccount and mention you don't want PED for it. I'm sure they'll be happy to comply.

No no no you mis understand the point i am getting across. The loan to MA is given to MA when ever someone makes a deposit in game, MA holds these deposits as liability's. Liability's they cant just spend haphazzardly, but still investable funds, possibly.

But not like you are just giving them money that you never get back. We can deposit and we can withdrawl. thats how it is set up.

so its a little differnt, that what you have gathered as info.

so its a little differnt, that what you have gathered as info.

They are a bank. So most likely, they already do such things. However, as a bank, they also have the responsability of being able to pay the PED in US$ when somebody asks. In a nutshell, I don't see what you want what is different from today, with the difference that you want more peds for nothing (in the form of interest) which will have to be paid by other players.

Simple answer, NO!

that seems to be a long meandering ramble without really getting to anywhere. i think you are asking should MA use our deposited cash as capital for investments? personally, i think it would be ok if it where in high yield/low risk area, ie long term bank deposits, bonds etc.

should we go further and deposit money for this sole purpose? of course not, thats what banks are for. possibly what MindBank will be offering, we have no idea though (if its even still going to happen).

For a Long Meandering ramble that got no where, it sure did produce some great thoughts from you. You make some good points from this post, and it is pretty much the results I was looking for by creating this thread.

I want to focus on both sides of what you have mentioned.
As far as Should MA use our deposited cash for investment purposes? We dont know if they are not doing this already, but should they as long as the risks are low. sure. imo.

Should we do it for this sole purpose. No. but if the players want to support the future of the game, could doing so help the long term health of the game by doing such things?

Even with present situations, Could just depositing sideline money help out MA?

They are a bank. So most likely, they already do such things. However, as a bank, they also have the responsability of being able to pay the PED in US$ when somebody asks. In a nutshell, I don't see what you want what is different from today, with the difference that you want more peds for nothing (in the form of interest) which will have to be paid by other players.

Yes i see what your saying as the fact that they are a banking entity. we dont know if they do such things, but if they are, cool.

In a Nutshell. I am not looking for my own money making abilitys, but i am mostly wondering if doing such things can improve the future of the game as a whole.

Not everything i talk about will result in my own personal gain. but is idealistic in nature, to aim on the future of something as a whole. Could our actions help create a better platform that MA can build upon for the future of their goals, and the oppertunity to players goals also?

im not sure if i understand OP fully, but it got me thinkin...

I think its safe to assume that MA will get interests on deposits. Probably at a much reduced risk, but i wouldnt know.

The idea for MA to actually function as a real bank to the players is actually pretty revolutionary to me...

I mean, many normal national and regional banks spend heaps on having bank staff, on commercials, and on competing vs other banks on marginal interests. Mind ark on the other hand has to run and continually develop a game.

Most normal ppl dont soo much care which bank they have, they choose the one that suits them best, but it's a "who cares - really..." kinda choice. On the other hand MA has quite a lot of very dedicated players, who identify with MA and entropia on an entirely different level than a IRL bank customer would his/her bank.

This means if it where possible to have ones ped card, or perhaps another cash account, to be ones main account IRL for all purposes, MA would sit on a revolutionary new banking concept whoose impact on future IRL economy i cant really foresee...

I for one would not mind to give my bank the finger and MAbank be my Bank - given ofc that they reasonably compete to other online banking alternatives in terms of safety, economy and customer service.

If they get this up and runnin, we might see a very bright future for the planet partners aswell, as MA since the potential gain of each new player is not only a regular depositor, but also a potentially great MAbank customer.

we'll see i guess...

gl ppl

They are a bank.

no they are not. or they they invoked their licence very quietly. if you know otherwise, please let us know what bank facilities they offer and how we might take advantage of them.

As far as Should MA use our deposited cash for investment purposes? We dont know if they are not doing this already...

well they havent in the past, previous accounts show a very small amount of income attributed to non-sales. unless its all tied in some long term bond maybe? missed oppurtunity imo.

well they havent in the past, previous accounts show a very small amount of income attributed to non-sales. unless its all tied in some long term bond maybe? missed oppurtunity imo.

Agree, me in MAs skin would have invested a lot into bonds and stuff, so that all the money stuck ingame (that could withdrawn any time), earns some interest IRW.
MA would be a very wealthy company, today.

im not sure if i understand OP fully, but it got me thinkin...

I think its safe to assume that MA will get interests on deposits. Probably at a much reduced risk, but i wouldnt know.

The idea for MA to actually function as a real bank to the players is actually pretty revolutionary to me...

I mean, many normal national and regional banks spend heaps on having bank staff, on commercials, and on competing vs other banks on marginal interests. Mind ark on the other hand has to run and continually develop a game.

Most normal ppl dont soo much care which bank they have, they choose the one that suits them best, but it's a "who cares - really..." kinda choice. On the other hand MA has quite a lot of very dedicated players, who identify with MA and entropia on an entirely different level than a IRL bank customer would his/her bank.

This means if it where possible to have ones ped card, or perhaps another cash account, to be ones main account IRL for all purposes, MA would sit on a revolutionary new banking concept whoose impact on future IRL economy i cant really foresee...

I for one would not mind to give my bank the finger and MAbank be my Bank - given ofc that they reasonably compete to other online banking alternatives in terms of safety, economy and customer service.

If they get this up and runnin, we might see a very bright future for the planet partners aswell, as MA since the potential gain of each new player is not only a regular depositor, but also a potentially great MAbank customer.

we'll see i guess...

gl ppl

You understood enough to formulate your own throughts. and that was the purpose. great post.

This is pretty much the basis of what i am attempting to get across to the community, in terms of how this poster has worded things.

To put MA in such a position for the future would mean to give funding to MA, to where they can opperate as a bank does.

Last edited:
A lot of people are already loaning money to mindark.
Everybody who has bought an unlimited sib weapon.............

There's no difference between depositing a bunch of money and letting it sit there, and depositing a bunch of money and playing with it.

As far as raising capital for them, buy shares of stock, if that isnt possible, and they need the money, you can sell them cod's if they asked for them.

There's no difference between depositing a bunch of money and letting it sit there, and depositing a bunch of money and playing with it.

As far as raising capital for them, buy shares of stock, if that isnt possible, and they need the money, you can sell them cod's if they asked for them.

i would buy shares in their company. but people in america cant from what i have gathered.

Why would MA borrow money from us when they can take it for free? like with what they are doing now...

As far as Should MA use our deposited cash for investment purposes? We dont know if they are not doing this already, but should they as long as the risks are low. sure. imo.

No. The money that is in our ped card and the tt value of all our items should be left as is. If we want to invest it, then there are plenty of opportunities for that elsewhere. Let's not combine the two.

I have never liked the idea of someone "investing" my money into things that I didn't choose to, or wished to have invested in.

The money is backing my items and my ped card. I don't need to find out someday that a bad investment has taken that away, thank you very much.

I dont know if i directly said that they would be investing in stuff. but they do have a banking licence, so who knows.

I dont know if i directly said that they would be investing in stuff. but they do have a banking licence, so who knows.

That's why I quoted you.

5: Money held in Liability, with the problems in the banking sectors globaly is it wise to let a company with a banking licence hold your money more than a real bank?[/COLOR]

Well, technically there is no difference between MA and a "real bank" since they have the same liabilities in the eyes of Swedish, European and international law.
Therefore your money is as safe (in TT value) in MA as it is in any other bank.
All that differs is the banking system like bank cards, intrest rates etc. These I am guessing are soon to come.

The Money you have deposited in Calypso is allready invested in the game therefore any further investment is impossible, when they start banking however, if you have an account then they may invest the money basically att will since that is what banks pay intrest for...the right to use your money to invest.

there was stock market in game long ago...
You could buy share of chikara or omegaton (invest in MA)...but the system was not working good , and maybe had some law problem...MA did remove it , sadly...

Back