If you thinnk that Quad is fast you should see me in bed!

the funny thing is MA has known about this, and many, many other "hacks / cheats".... they choose not to do anything about it, due to a low priority level. Is costs MA nothing. If MA was being cheated there would be a mid week patch.

There is a Key Logger built into the game, anyone using any spam "cheats" clearly has the use in their log. The problem is MA does not have enough employees that are capable to check these logs... We have all been disturbed by MA support answers, Even with clear proof, they deny there is a red side of the barn.

And.... If it seems like I don't trust MA atm, it would be true.... They have really screwed with Arkadia's Gold Rush... If the problems were on Calypso, they would have been solved FAST.

If it does not Cost MA money, they just don't care

Off topic, but....there's a key logger built into the game? Does that compromise our PCs, passwords and other accounts irl? :scratch2:

Off topic, but....there's a key logger built into the game? Does that compromise our PCs, passwords and other accounts irl? :scratch2:

its best to ignore most of what you read on any forum. we know there are chat logs. its safe to say there are no keyloggers in EU that interact with other apps. odds are there is nothing to even detect and log input for reasons other then chat logging.

Yea. Hence me asking.

If there was any form or need to keylog my PC, it would be an instant no-no for me (and I suspect quite a handful of gamers will too). ;)

How do people find out things like this, are they just random testing different things to see if it gives any effect?

I'm no Sherlock but we all know the truth now..

What I find most interestng to see that the video does explain a lot and clearly shows that there is a deficiency in the programming that allows this "Rbbber Banding " to take place and to allow the attacker (the person behind the defender) to actually advance on them even though both quads are the same speed and have the same characteristics..

But then if this is the case, then how can we explain the other way quads come up on you so quickly that it makes them look like they are passing you while you're sitting still..

The answer comes from this player..

I actually already have memory editing software. It's useful for some of the server things i do as a hobby. But yea, there's no way i would hook that up to EU, even more so having seen what I saw after i finished with the video. Also, glad you enjoyed the video!

Memory editing software? Let's be honest, while this player is indeed honest, others would probably be a little more unethical about doing it

Now as for this issue, I talked with my friend who is also in this game and I asked him a rather intesting question after I showed him this video

and here are our comments..

Friend (who is computer programming expert in C++ and C#): Interesting

Me: Yeah, isn't it? And I was thinking.. is there a work around for it? as in if MA were going to reprogram it, how could they do this so that this couldn't happen?

Friend: There's probably something awry in the map initialization that they would fix

Me: agreed and it's this one fix that would make the game more fair I feel..

Friend: Definitely

Me: The only other things they would need is some anti-cheat program to prevent players from injecting memor ediotrs..

Friend: The fact that it's in C++ already helps against that
And the majority of processing is performed on the server
...Or should be.

Me: Right and that's the thing.. they could easily implement it unless C++ Already does this by detecttng the injection of code.. (This part is important cause C++ Would be able to help detect the injection of code, hence things like memory editing software. wold be detected and the player locked out immediately..)

Friend: C++ is a low enough level language that it's next to impossible to decompile or modify once it has been optimized C# can be decompiled with relative accuracy. C++ really can't.

Me: I see..

Friend: With reflection you can get class member names and the like but no details for implementation Can't inject into what you can't see.

Now what does this mean? First off the Game entroipia Universe does use C++ and not C# which is usually found in most more modern games (and yes the Cry Engine 3 would probably use this as well )

so what does this mean?

First off if the programming is solid (and we all know it is not, then the logic here is that if two players were in two ships with the exact identical speed, neither ship should be either gaining on , nor pulling away from the other ship.. and even with things like bandwidth, latency and even hacks, the game if the data was kept on the server side (which at the moment is not, but could me with a new re0implementaiton of the client loader where the data is removed and is kept on the server side0 would mean that no player would be able to manipulate the data without gettng caught.. (Plus as my friend pointed out, if you can';t see the code, you can't tamper with it..)

What does this mean? Well I'm no rocket scientist (though I wish I were but it means that some players in this game have unethical attitudes, and don't care how to win unless they can gain an advantage any advantage no matter how small or contrived it may seem. They will try to Cheat, hack, manipulate daata, and even break the coede in order to try and win.. and the question is.. why?

Why risk the investment you put into this game only to get caught? Why risk the fact that you will be looked on as a person who is dishonest, and who would cheat even at the lottery (given the fact that you would be able to manipulate the balls as they came out of the tumbler..

I mean is this what the game has devolved into ? A game where people who are so unhonewst decide to keep their mouth shut or speak up with lines like this:

Yes please everyone take Aeris's advice and start spamming the map lol, it will make you go super fast!

.....and super banned.....

It's ironic really.. Cause take a look at the poster who said that.. A person who's society is a group of pirates.. and who has inside knowledge on how to beat the system.

In fact another player made this comment:

How do people find out things like this, are they just random testing different things to see if it gives any effect?

The poster here has a logical concern..and a lot of times it's not only by experimentation (Like the video shows us, but also the fact that someone or someones know aobut this.. call it insider knowledge of the way these glitches come up..and that right there proves the point of dishonesty in this game..
People will learn methods in order to win, to stroke their egos, to do whatever it takes, and yes to even insult people..(And yes I am refering to one of the players who just commented.. other than myself)

Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes either, but then this is what Sherlock Holmes said the best..

1. "In any crime or criminal activity, (even if it is in a game), there is always an opportunity, a motive and a bit of inside access (Holmes here was rreferring to inside information as well as actual means to access a crime scene, so in this case, knowing the glitch is part of this crime.. nothing more nothing less.

2. “There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”

3. “Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

4. "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."

and

5." when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.'

and finally from holes one and his best Comment ever..

Eyes and Brains Watson, Eyes and Brains..

(THough since I don't have the eyesight, I remind Mr. Holmes this..

When you lose your eyesight, hearing is sometimes better than observation.. knowing is par of that learned culture and in the end, you too can be like Sherlock Holmes..

Ears and Brains people.. ears and brains..

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a..k.a. "The Blind SNiper" (And) "His_Dog_Spot"

From my testing, I've decided it's trying to compensate for the load time.
you click the map open, the game stalls as it prioritizes that load, then takes your speed and bumps you forward based on that. but the math is off, and it bumps you forward too far. I've figured out way to go even faster, to the point where I'm certain i can catch an equus. I've got it to go so fast, I exceed the games absolute max speed limit, and rubber band a huge distance, after lurching forward even further.

Here's some of the KISS teams research.

Seems like a lot of TOS are being broken here.......now using PCF to distribute your exploits of the game, not sure that is wise. Moderators?

Spelling correction, removing a spourious letter "y":

Seems like a lot of TOS are being broken here.......now using PCF to distribute our exploits of the game, not sure that is wise. Moderators?

I've been killed a couple of time in space and the ship that has followed me did show characteristics as was displayed in the clip. I should add, the people I've been killed to is in same grouping as you.

You could ask around if you know anyone who shot down my quad outside (east of) Rocktropia space station at:
2014-12-21 17:19:42 [System] [] Entropia Universe time: 2014-12-21 17:19:51.

I should add, I was flying in a straight line.
The person first appeared as a blue triangle outside the space station, but then caught up to me.

Last edited:
So paying extra for red quads with their few kph advantage was just stupid ? Good job MA !

Seems like a lot of TOS are being broken here.......now using PCF to distribute your exploits of the game, not sure that is wise. Moderators?

The data was given to MA first. They don't seem interested in patching the issue, or even responding at the moment. Sorry for letting people know how to keep pace with you, but I'm sure you understand how important a level playing field is to someone like me :p

Holmesean Logic, or , you just got snake bit..

*Yawn* You amuse me Xane with your hypocritical rhetoric.. and yes I mean totally hypocritical.

Now what these people did is to expose thiis little "Trick" that has been around for at least 2 to 2 and a half years.
and believe me the real question is more of what Sherlock Holmes would say..

and here is what Mr. Holmes has to say about any case, be it criminal or not.

In any case, there are three things, the person who is committing a crime has.. Those are opporitunity, motive, and inside access (and i will explain that one to everyolne in a moment.

First off Opporitunity. What's the reason behind the pirates or anyone using this cheat? And the answer is simple.. To either shoot down or to escape fro being shot down.

Motive:" This one is also simple as well, and it stems from this real cash economy we have. Players who are Pirates or PVPers ) benefit in two ways: 1. They get a person's stackable loot, and 2. They get the skills for shooting down a person..

Now while this is jsut the motive the real thing is, why use such a method to accquire looted goods? Again the answer is simple.. Profit.. and the ability to commit the attacks again and again. (and yes I wonder how many of these people who loot actually take these down to a planet and actually put them up on the auction houe.. the answer is very few.. INstead, they take said loot and keep it with them, and hope they don't get looted themselves.. or don't get shot down by a pilot they never see. Yet I have seen a number of times thesee people shoot down 20 to 30 people before getting shot down themselves, and it's a shame that they don't go in and repair their ships.. Cause sadly to the pirates you're losing more skills then you are gaining.. (and I won't divulge how but Xane, you figure it out if you're so smart..)

Now as for the third part, Inside access, the answer is not as simple, but yet it's clear cut. Inside access means that there is inside knowledge of how this works and how to use it properly. . As wmany of these "Cheaters deny it exists they still know how to use it. And thus they gain a distinct advantage over their prey. Comiing out of no where, even though their quads are no different than any other quad, save for the equus and the UL quads originally handed out.. In short, what MA wanteed was where it is the pilots own skill to shoot down a player than rather use a means to gain an advantage. HoweveThis inside knowlege has to come from somewhere and again I point outto some rather interesting remarks in this thread.. And in fact I would like to point out that this has been known for at least 2 if not 2.5 years.. The real question is from who did these means of inside access come from?

The answer lies within the history of the society Nebula Virus and it's successor, Nebula Virus Elite. Many of the pilotw will deny they use it yet time and time agin they do use it.. (Sure Xane you say that people who are good DO cheat, yet when you remove the obvious, not matter what you say or do, no matter how far fetched it seems to you, the reality is it is with hifh confidence that the result is true. Even though many say it's an outlandish and proposterous means to gain an advantage..

Now then, What these people here have done is expose this, and while you scream ban them Xane, the reality is, you shoudld likle I say many a time, start with the person in the mirror and then blame him first, then blame everyone else who he or she associates with..

I still alugh about 2 years ago when I caught Kenny Kenny Stone Cheating this and in fact the videos again do not lie, especiall one wit a fraps counter.. cause players who do use this cheat or exploit or whatever you call it say that it's lag, yet in the video I posted some 2 years ago, Kenny Flies right by my camera man (whos frame rate never drops below 30 frames a second, and passes him like he's sitting still.. killing me in the process and I'm well ahead as me and My camera man were flying in perfect formation and keeping constant speed. so there was no gain or loss in our video, but instead, Kenny was the only one to do this..

Also it seems that Pirates tend to go afte players who fly in straight lines towards planets and never tend to persue those who are leaving into teh vertical, why? Cause they are being fools to go chasing a no looter when i n reality they can sit around an dwait for a prey that has loot. (And agian I would like to point on inside knowledge..

Anytime two players talk in chat with the exception of a PM, evveryone knows wht is going on, even ground based pirates who have no experience in space.. and they relay this info to a team or a single player as to where the player is headed and whether he or she is carrying the so desired stackables that they seek to make their said profit..

Now then, if pirates hae such a reliable network of "Spies" as it were, how come they have to sue this cheat? After all I hate to break it to you, but the reality is.. You're fat and lazy.. you don't want to go hunt for them..

(And in a PVP that's what you go do.. YOu need to hunt down your prey, you go after them, and you try to shoot them down at all costs. But because of the fact that you don't you tend to just sit on or around the station in certain and very predictable spots that anyone can identify with..

Oh and I'd like to point out another incident and this is the one that will haunt you for the rest of your days Xane.. cause who sis the better pilot? You for camping and sitting on your keester all day, or me surprising you and Kenny Stone when you guys attacked Path Finder 24.. It was funny that you guys didn't see me coming.. and yet I got the jump on you.. with hilarioous results.. Oh you shot me down, I admit that, but the end result is this.. I was working in a team too, having the pilot feed me information as to your where abouts and once i found you, I came up from your bottom and started hitting Kenny then you.. While you may call this cheating or an exploit the reality is, I had you dead to rights.. you were so unfocussed and fixated on the prize you didn't realize that there could ahve bene others huntin gyou.. and in fact that is what I was doing.. hunting you.. which is the fact that you don't do, you like to camp, and sit on that big fat keester of yours..

Now then, with that all said and done, I'm going to show you your own response.. and think of me as Bugs Bunny and you as Daffy Duck..

and here's the song you always play around me.. at which point I shrug my shoulders and smile..

*Yawn* again you bore me .. and that's amusing too..

Now then, I suggest you do one thiing.. Lt other people have their say in teh matter, it's your word agains ttheirs and oh yeah, might want to remove your soc association.. shows who you really are...

and finally, tell (Floyd) Stagger (Stash) hi from me. After all we all know where the inside access did come

For I have some thins that Sherlock holmes says.. and there they are..

Quote 1. "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

My Reply: We have the facts, and we know what you do.. Just stop it.. and no one gets hurt..

Quote 2: "Still, it is an error to argue in front of your data. You can find yourself insensibly twisting them round to suit your theories."

My Reply: You've teisted the facts to suit your own needs, so maybe it's time to stop twisting the facts and admitting your guilt.. will save you a lot of hate mail from players you shot down..

Quote 3: "Let me run over the principal steps. We approached the case, you remember, with an absolutely blank mind, which is always an advantage. We had formed no theories. We were simply there to observe and to draw inferences from our observations."

My reply: we came , we observed we took and analyzed data, and in the end this si the final result..

Quote 4.: 'You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear.'

My Reply: we obsered and you did not see that we observed your actions.

Quote 5: "Detection is, or ought to be, an exact science, and should be treated in the same cold and unemotional manner."

My Reply: yes you're a cold bloody PVPer who camps a lot, yet we use unemotional science to produce facts..

and finally the best quote:

Quote 6: '...when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.'

My Reply : We figured it you, you've been exposed, and in fact don't trifle with us, you want to cry foul, start with yourself and then blame MA for putting such a silly little exploit into this game.. After all they sucker punched you, not us.. And here's how..

1. By attacking quads, you force players onto mother ships. good idea, but bad planning.. because all you did was set yourself up for failure when said motherships decided to attack you and you were the one crying foul..

2. Attacking mother ships to try and get more loot, yet you cried foul when MA gave the log off Feature it's clearnce.. and in the end you were shooting at a target you had to waste countless ped on...

3. By not speaking up about the auction and the deliovery system Regular and Express, you actually doomed youself to ultimate failure.. why? Cause now I'm willing to pay 6 ped and help the pilots who are going to do thse missions and thus they will be the ones rewwarded.. You sir, on teh other hand will not..

"Checkmate."

Now then, go ahead and whine to MA and the mods all you want, Xane, whine long and loud and hard, gt the thread locked.. To be honest, we do not care what happens from here in, You've been exposed for the big mouth you are, and you opend your mouth, and actually inserted both feet this time, and bit off both of your legs.. The pirates now asre a thing of the past..

Again.. Game, Set and match..

Oh and by the way, I replace your coffee with tea.. and you wonder why your coffee tastes different as of late?

*Yawn* you really do amuse all of us here, and we're laughing at ou.. all of us..

oh and have a nice day, cause I hope I made yours miserable..

oh and mods, Lock this thread.. I don't want this joker talking.. he's too much of a pain to read his simple one sentence cries of fould..

That's all from me..

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a."The Blind Sniper..

(and now play that song Xane.. over and over and over again, and laugh.. after all.. as all the players say..
"It's Just a game!")

they choose not to do anything about it, due to a low priority level. Is costs MA nothing.

Its even worse than that. Exploits like this and others used by the scammer soc MAKE MA money. Pirating sucks, and even with the laughably small safe zones around space stations now, its piss easy to get out safe if you are paying attention. Then once out in space its easy to avoid anyone.

If they didnt have speed/aim/target/etc exploits, they would never catch a single person. If pirates aren't big scary guys then no one would need unL quads/MS/privateers bought from MA with $$$$.

MA ACTIVELY makes money from pirates exploiting which is why they have been allowed to exist and push the boundary so much. The only solution is to dump every exploit know to public forums so their little pets no longer have the upper hand.

I suggest all interested ask support one question:

If looted space traveller will get refunded by MA if shooting pirate were using this exploit ? ...and atach link to YT movie or this thread.

This way we all know MA official attitude, and maybe get a fix.

I doubt MA will do much of anything about the cheaters. The "rumors" about the speed hacks have been around for years, to think MA hasnt logged all that years ago is a bit naive I think.
Same with the old hunting bot "rumors" of years back...only way to get them to do anything about them is to put it all out on the table and force MA's hand.

Its all about the credibility of their game.
Post that video link on their facebook page....see how quickly you get action :)

Sorry for the necro.

Just want to let everyone know this bug is alive and well :laugh:

Better if we keep spreading the word so everyone knows about it.

That was a very usefull b.u.m.p.,
I did missed this thread
thanks

Thanks. This thread should not be allowed to get necroed. It should be a source for a constant barrage of support cases until the exploit is removed from the game. I vote for making it sticky, since I haven't seen something as pernicious being endorsed for so long. Yes, I choose to say 'endorsed' because of this, just refuse to speculate why.

Thanks. This thread should not be allowed to get necroed. It should be a source for a constant barrage of support cases until the exploit is removed from the game. I vote for making it sticky, since I haven't seen something as pernicious being endorsed for so long. Yes, I choose to say 'endorsed' because of this, just refuse to speculate why.

Agreed, would love to have this stickied, but I doubt that will ever happen on PCF :laugh:

Whatever little respect I had for pirates was gone the moment I found out they use an exploit to chase people... Don't know what's more pathetic, them or the company that refuses to do anything about it.

tottaly with you, sorry can't rep you so soon.
We can retain this thread by b.u.m.p. or something if no sticky? dunno

I vote "sticky this"

tottaly with you, sorry can't rep you so soon.
We can retain this thread by b.u.m.p. or something if no sticky? dunno

I vote "sticky this"

I would say yes sticky this! i have read this thread before and added it to my subbed threads list, to bad bug is still in-game...

Wow, I seriously thought this had been fixed last year after it was highlighted, thanks for the info. So is everybody going to be hammering their M keys so as not to give an advantage to others?

Has anyone tried this with vtol, sleipnirs yet? I could possibly try it out if not so done yet,

From my testing, I've decided it's trying to compensate for the load time.
you click the map open, the game stalls as it prioritizes that load, then takes your speed and bumps you forward based on that. but the math is off, and it bumps you forward too far. I've figured out way to go even faster, to the point where I'm certain i can catch an equus. I've got it to go so fast, I exceed the games absolute max speed limit, and rubber band a huge distance, after lurching forward even further.

Here's some of the KISS teams research.

Hmm, it would be so easy to fix this.. just make a cool down to the map toggle, so you can open the map and then you have to wait 2 second, before it can be closed. WHY MA DOES NOT FIX IT?

This exploit has been known and reported for at least 2 years. It is a blatant exploit of poor coding by MA and makes space one the most F-up places to be in. In terms of game code implementation, MA continues to demonstrate how amateur their team is

MA basically has refused any fix for any of these issues, indeed any exploit issue at all unless it is affecting their cash flow.

i played other games where the golden eye strafe(strafe+forward=higher speed) was an issue, and it was decided not to support it and was patched within 2 weeks. so that issue is not technically hard to fix. MA just does not care about giving their customers a fair or even good in game experience

The lack of fair play element, no fix for huge bugs, crushingly poor returns, and crawling game development is why i play very little anymore. That and the game looks very dated again.

The lack of fair play element, no fix for huge bugs, crushingly poor returns, and crawling game development is why i play very little anymore. That and the game looks very dated again.

Cool down function, is the magical word! Make a cool down for 2 seconds, if the map gets closed, so you can open and close it 1 time in 2 second. this should solve the issue, and is made in 10 minute.

Bump so everyone knows ;)

Would love for a mod to sticky this...

Daily bump in case anyone hasn't heard! :eyecrazy:

Bump.

Piss a pirate off today, use this bug! :cool:

Hopefully MA acknowledges this as a bug some day :cool:

Back