Im thinking of joining a new soc

luthien

Prowler
Society
Project -X-
Luthien Eldar Tinuviel
Hi all,

some of you may know me but here some info about me:

I am a german bot killer using my sala or hunter armor.

My skill aint that high (max lvl 64 hit) since i never chipped in and quit (i think three years ago). Made a new avatar ~1 month later :p.
I'm ingame since dec 2004.

I also own a quite big collection of the old looted clothes.

My main victems are drones.

I left my old soc because noone else (but one) is online anymore. Even if im open for team hunts i dont do them often and dont want to be forced to do them.

My main reason for joining a soc is chatting and talking some shit.

As the title say i still dont know if i should own a new soc already but maybe there are some interesting socs out there that need a new member.

your welcome to give obsidian order a try. 9 of us and out of the 9 people 6 of us log on throughout the day.

requirement is 150k plus skills and a good reputation.

kosmos

Hey there, maybe you would fit to us, have a look at the Federation of Free Wanderers and if you have any questions I am available on EF or we can make an appointment to meet ingame.

Most of us don't have high end gear, but together we can kill some nasties well, so well that we won the Festival of Firepower two times.
But no one is ever forced to do anything, have a look at our code of conduct here http://fofw.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10
these 4 rules are the only rules we follow and as you can see even I as leader have no authority over anyone.

Have fun chosing a soc, its a tough decision :)

Hi Luthien,

German White Angels are always looking for members like you :yay:

Have a look @ http://gwa.talk4um.de

We are a very active society and we have fun in chatting or ts too :wtg:

P.S: I am a german bot killer too.......

Last edited:
Hi all,

some of you may know me but here some info about me:

I am a german bot killer using my sala or hunter armor.

My skill aint that high (max lvl 64 hit) since i never chipped in and quit (i think three years ago). Made a new avatar ~1 month later :p.
I'm ingame since dec 2004.

I also own a quite big collection of the old looted clothes.

My main victems are drones.

I left my old soc because noone else (but one) is online anymore. Even if im open for team hunts i dont do them often and dont want to be forced to do them.

My main reason for joining a soc is chatting and talking some shit.

As the title say i still dont know if i should own a new soc already but maybe there are some interesting socs out there that need a new member.

I remember recruiting you 5 years ago :)

But u are right, we are not enough online actually to generate fun, even a chat. Changes are always the best things to continue to have fun ingame.

U are one of the most dedicated bot hunter I never seen.

Hope u will find ur pleasure (I think Pirates of Calypso feat well with ur personality, though;))

Sincerely

Tree.

Talk to Mike about Calypso Agency... Might be something for us and you.

Gl with your search

thanks for all those nice replys.

now i need to find out more about you ;)

you sound like a nice fit for Supremacy Reign ;)

we have a very mixed bunch of ppl , do team hunts occasionally but nobody is forced to join in. we have a ventrillio server to have a real talk which is silly at times :laugh:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/soctalk/193579-supremacy-reign-actively-recruiting.html

Ps. I am german but I hate bots :)

hmm, ive been already in that soc ;)
about 5 years ago?

left it when it went a way i did not want to accept.

i have to decline already a few since i like it familiar.
these soc are too big for me:

Federation of Free Wanderers
Supremacy Reign / dont meet the req. for HQ
Pyrates of Calypso
German White Angels

Last edited:
Wow I never thought that we could be deemed too big :eek:

Actually as with many socs a lot of the people are not 100% active so its quite cozy ;)

Hmmmmm... maybe you should take a look at the 3 toed sloths, nice people in there and maybe "small" enough for you.

Wow I never thought that we could be deemed too big :eek:

Actually as with many socs a lot of the people are not 100% active so its quite cozy ;)

Hmmmmm... maybe you should take a look at the 3 toed sloths, nice people in there and maybe "small" enough for you.

well, 38 ppl is quite big from my point of view.
3 toed sloths got 35.

im just out of a soc with many inactive players. dont need that again, even if they were great ppl.

shit talking...perfect... step this way sir: BlackAngels Evolution at your service ;)

I can't remember the name of the society (sorry Barbarita) but there is a nice small society that you might enjoy :) I'll open up another window right now and try to get more info on it, or edit this later after I talk to Barbarita in game. It's The Order Of Solus Ipse :)

Also, you might enjoy Spartans, you can contact cjo327 on here to get more info about them :)

You might also consider getting together with a small group of people and making your own society since you have a very specific type of society you want.

Pyrates of Calypso
German White Angels

I dont think you'd find PoC too big, there maybe 78 or so members but theres a fair few inactives (as most medium sized societies have for a variety of reasons) You'd find there's typically up to about 15 online at any one time due to timezones and other commitments.

Anyway, good luck with your society hunt. :)

I hate to hear stuff like this. My society just went through the same thing. And a few of the last holdouts left again because not enough active players. But how does it get better if people leave? It leaves even less people to attract others that want a few active on most times. And it can`t be up to just one person to try and find active members all the time. It I think is a team effort. And a society is one big team. Getting it to work that way is a different matter given the diversities of members.

In the end you have to find a place you are comfortable to call home. That is as we should do. But I hope wherever people find themselves it`s to contribute as much as recieve.

Best of luck to you!

even if im "real" skilled im not skilled enough for ex-cons ;)

but ty for your offer.

well since BAHQ is on my blacklist BAEv also is

hmm, ive been already in that soc ;)
about 5 years ago?

left it when it went a way i did not want to accept.

hehe lol. didnt knew that, was before I joined :)
ye the way of socs change sometimes ;)

i have to decline already a few since i like it familiar.

Pyrates of Calypso
German White Angels

I know exactly what you mean, my first soc was very small, we been less than 10 members but all been very active, was a great time, everyone knew everyone quite well , very high level of trust and friendship.. its difficult to achieve the same with 30+ ppl!

good luck in your search for a new home!

Something you might consider before running to a society with few players is that it wont take long untill you are in the same situation again.
A medium / large society usually has enough active players to satisfy even the chattiest person (like me :D)
And dont let your experience of a society five years ago dull your outlook on it now. Things change quite a bit over that period of time.

The big conclusion is : U are ur own entertainement :)

I think it important to choice to join the right group of people, ones that you feel comfortable with, ones have the same goals if any.
You more than welcome to meet up ingame, hang with us (Calypso Settlers), chat & maybe hunt bot.
We are all about skills & high achievement, what's important to us is the people. I'm very proud to have my members onboard.

If you want to know more PM, check our recruitment thread or register & check out our forum ... guest & friends our always welcome.

Good luck finding the right society for you

You could always try what Kalanen and Arokh did - get a shortlist and join each soc for a week or two and see how you like them? :)

Well, you could drop us a message via Soc-Teminal or talk to Auktuma (our CEO). Maybe we accept a new member, not sure about that because we accepted a new one a few days ago but hey, it's worth a try.

About Soldiers of Fortune:
Approx 20 players, always some online.
One of the oldest socs ingame, if not THE oldest.
"family style" with "old school players" here at SoF ;)
No one is forced to anything.

PS: kannst mir ne PM schreiben, bin auch aus D.

Regards,
Crux

i think i gonna freelance a while, since most of the interesting socs got skill req. i dont meet.

but ty for all your info, i think ill come back to some of those offers in a while.

Kozmos allready gave you an invite to Obsidian Order, but I'll 2nd that.

And your probably darn close to the 150k skill or past it.

Back