imagine

Deity A

Old Alpha
Society
retired
Deity Acronoid
Imagine a new planet in Entropia;
A rogue planet where without land areas, without prestigious buildings. A planet without the shiny plastic look; where settlements are simple and most terminals are outdoors. Where the tectonic activity hasn’t been very harsh in the past resulting in mostly flat land, without annoying mountains.

Where billboard show real-life advertising; the money from the ads divided amongst all loots (not only HoF’s). Resulting in higher returns. Now since all water flows to the sea, the higher returns will result in more hunting and decay so that in the end the planet owners will have a big part of it back, without ppl complaining about bad loots.

A planet where blood exists; while some mobs may bleed green and robots bleed oil, blowing away an ava in PvP will surely leave a red trail of blood. And this on a planet with radioactive zones where you cannot only loot your opponent, but your radar doesn’t work and those green glowing pools on the ground will eat your life (without giving any defence skills ofcourse). On the positive side, if you manage to kill someone you can get a skill (something like assassin skill or so) that greatly effects your HP.

Where there is a swampcamp like area with low level mobs to hunt; only the revival terminal has an unique attachment that fully heals a player on revive, this to help out poor sweating newbies. Ofcourse next to the revive are a few bill boards showing RL ads, because the more ads shown, the more peds in loot (see paragraph 2).

While the lands lack the buildings and wealth of companies like Omegaton and Genesis, since this is a rogue planet and not a corporate one; there are shops, unlike you ever seen. Because of security reasons the only shops are shop terminals (like a storage terminal), with an ad screen on behind it (the terminal standing in front of a wall). The navigation looking like a storage inventory (with the same tabs).

In this primitive looking lands, there are many point of interests; and since the lands are hand designed there are many nice nature spots too.
From an abandoned airstrip, ruins of war, civilization, old technology and worn down factories to still occupied humanoid and robot settlements.
Or what about a tunneling system below the radioactive area’s leading to an old nuclear reactor; where there might be a core still spawning some valuable stuff (analogy to oil rig, but in lootable PvP).
Only the radioactivity together with some abandoned psy experiment may cause hallucinations, flashbacks and other clues that together with looted PDA’s reveal parts of the history of the planet over the course of years. Unfolding a story like the tv program “Lost”, but at a faster rate ofcourse :D
And each new discovery of clues can lead to minor or mayor events. So, maybe that strange ruin of a factory near your usual hunting grounds might give away its secrets one day…

If there was such a planet; would you go there? I know I did, and never returned to Calypso. But the nasty thing that happened while I was there, is that I woke up :(

Now I fear that the entropia platform won’t ever know such a planet, since it takes a long time player with a dreamers mind to design it, and a company, and a budget to make it happen. So the only thing to hope for is that this dream is a recurrent one…

Beautiful story :) that's THE utopia for entropia...
but utopia isn't achievable as nothing is perfect ;)

i would say, contact some gaming studio with your concept... maybe they like it?

I would like a planet like that, maybe... reminds me of some other games :silly2:

Remember though:
1) MindArk is doing the loot balance, not the planet partners
2) Blood was removed (I think, we have it loooong time back right?) as it is illegal in some countries to show blood in video games...

Imagine
buying a planet
:cool:

Blood was removed (I think, we have it loooong time back right?) as it is illegal in some countries to show blood in video games...

better dont want to know in how many countries it is allowed ...
but its allways easier to turn it off for all
insted make few lines of coding to set up country from you log in
and then you will can use hardcore seting in option
blood on/off laser sight DOT on/off
OR
. Your country dont support hardcore Gaming .

Beautiful story :) that's THE utopia for entropia...
but utopia isn't achievable as nothing is perfect ;)

i would say, contact some gaming studio with your concept... maybe they like it?

I would like a planet like that, maybe... reminds me of some other games :silly2:

Remember though:
1) MindArk is doing the loot balance, not the planet partners
2) Blood was removed (I think, we have it loooong time back right?) as it is illegal in some countries to show blood in video games...

The fact that MA controlls loot and all most parameters is a big limitation indeed. If they act to rigid (like towards their customers...) they won't make any big deals IMHO.

If I would contact a gaming company with that concept to implement it in EU, I think they would come to the same conclusion. I can't really imagine any company eager to invest in EU atm.

On the other hand, maybe some gaming companies would pick up the idea and start a project of their own; learning from the errors MindArk made and adding a fresh view on things.
With another engine and not striving to get RL quality (something thats for FPS/race games and such, but a big blunder if you try it in a MMO); and a lot more commercial insight (in ads, advertising your MMO) a big gaming studio could really blast a company like MA out of the sky.

I know this sounds very negative towards MA, but I wouldn't trust them if I didn't know them, I don't trust them, and I know them.
With their care for ingame assets (shops/banks), how can a company be assured to that their planet will be running as it should?

I think you are too negative. We all know, MA is nto a usual game company and we learned that FPC has only 3 full time designers currently (don't remember that post somewhere). But some of the upcoming partners WILL have a lot better mobs plus a lot nicer planets, so think, your dream is not that far away....

Back