Imperial Government

Status
Last edited:
Omega 16 Reticulum.

Here is some interesting info, I found, digging through archives.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/about-entropia-universe/10174-interesting-find.html

Very interesting. There is a reference to at least one other government official buried in there:

"It was foreseen by our ancestors a long time ago, that robots would one day turn against their creators, but it is still not yet decided who will stand victorious."
Ximon Galax, Planetary Commander of Calypso

Epic Ahab blog

Here is where i read it Omega 16 Reticulum renamed Calypso..

Epic Ahab blog

Yes, but where did he get the new name from?

He has used a little poetic licence in another of his blog entries, so I am not sure how much of the rest of his writing is entirely factual.

Midori said:
As a side note, where did the issue of a thousand year robot war come up? None of the histories I have ever read have quantified how much time has passed from the first colonist arriving on Calypso to the current time frame we have today.

Epic Ahab said:
As far as the thousand-year war, that was a time frame I gave it. It seemed like it might take that long to colonize an entire planet and set up all of those cities given the relatively small number of people.

Originally Posted by Harald View Post
Epic Ahab blog

Yes, but where did he get the new name from?
He has used a little poetic licence in another of his blog entries, so I am not sure how much of the rest of his writing is entirely factual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori
As a side note, where did the issue of a thousand year robot war come up? None of the histories I have ever read have quantified how much time has passed from the first colonist arriving on Calypso to the current time frame we have today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Ahab
As far as the thousand-year war, that was a time frame I gave it. It seemed like it might take that long to colonize an entire planet and set up all of those cities given the relatively small number of people.

True enough, plus it fails to mention a fifth, often referred to system, Baltran.

But then, since, for human purposes, Calypso is the principle planet, calling it Calypso System is not really a far reach, and many refer to the Solar System as Earth's System.

Great post, interesting info. Thanks.

Planet Systems
Baltran system
Akbal-Cimi

Famous Wars
Battle of Calypso
Battle of Yadayat

/Seamaster

The reason i took it up was that there are only two systems listed on the head post...

True enough, plus it fails to mention a fifth, often referred to system, Baltran.

But then, since, for human purposes, Calypso is the principle planet, calling it Calypso System is not really a far reach, and many refer to the Solar System as Earth's System.

I new i had read Calypso System written somewhere else so i checked over "History of Calypso"

The robot threat
Part 4​

After several failed attempts to penetrate the defense network on Calypso the Akbal-Cimi Base Matrix seemed to realize that it would take far too much time and resources to break through the increased orbital space defenses around Calypso before its own system would be invaded by counter-attack forces. It kept building new modified Odysseus Probes but kept them stationed in the close vicinity of the Akbal-Cimi system for protection. Unmanned scout probes from the fleet in the Calypso system were sent out to investigate the Akbal-Cimi system and soon discovered that a similar defense network was already being constructed around the main planet of Akbal. Soon these scout probes wouldn't even get that close to the Akbal-Cimi system as the robots began to deploy their modified Odysseus probes, now called Titans of War by the Imperial Fleet, and position them further out in the system to form an own first line of defense. At this rate it would no longer be possible to recapture the Akbal-Cimi system with the currently available resources or technology within the Calypso system.

The reason i took it up was that there are only two systems listed on the head post...

I new i had read Calypso System written somewhere else so i checked over "History of Calypso"

Good point.

Would suggest that the official designation of the Calypso System is still the original "Omega 16 Reticulum" which was long ago determined astronomers.
Since we all consider Calypso our home world, Calypso System certainly sounds better to me, though.

Good point.

Would suggest that the official designation of the Calypso System is still the original "Omega 16 Reticulum" which was long ago determined astronomers.
Since we all consider Calypso our home world, Calypso System certainly sounds better to me, though.

Yeah :) and to refear to the "Calypso System" instead of "Omega 16 Reticulum" is much easier ;)

That is true...I will try to be more explicit about this in the future. I do value the "official" story as much as anyone and adding dates is one fo the few times I have used poetic license.

p.s. I do want to create a blog post about the battle of Yadayat in the Baltran system, when more info becomes available.

This brings the "official" number of solar systems to 5. We shall see if the new planets being implemented use the existing lore.

Last edited:
ther are more known companies...

Isis corporation.
Gro trek.
Sollomates. maker of shadow armor.
M & J. maker of angel armor.
Wexed Generation Clothing Ltd. maker of pleat coat.
Ziplex industries.
Laganaus Arms.
The Dominax corporation.
The Chikara OmniWorld corportion.
FreanD.
Deathordnance Armements.
A&P Weapons.
MarCorp. maker of Eon.
Cempball-Welch Energy Arms Ltd.
Marber Inc.

Last edited:
Ther are something called Teraforming groups they are working on the newly discovered land areas on amethera.

We allsoo have : Imperial recon units.
Imperial Mountain Rangers.
Special anti-robot rangers.
Federal Imperial Forces.
Federal Imperial Forces space divisions.

Last edited:
Hmm, it seems that I can not edit the first post anymore...

"The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 780000 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message."

So until then I can not add info to the first page.

Hmm, it seems that I can not edit the first post anymore...

"The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 780000 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message."

So until then I can not add info to the first page.

Would be really nice if this thread also got stickyfied when the edit problem is fixed... we need more in-character role-play posts! :cool:

Doctor Geovana D´Raay. Maker of Improved Omegaton Fast Aid Pack.

Dr.Macc MacManon and the prestigious firm Welles & Adams Co. maker of Improved Fire Forge ARR 8000.

Chikara special foces Lt.Cmmdr Kawai Takuta and his group was the "Lucky Rapidos"

Prof.A.Grant. maker of akash IW36 Pistol(L).

Yssete Riemeriu. maker of Adjusted A&P Seies Hero.

armed forces stationed on the outer borders of space.

Last edited:
Status
Back