Imperium versus Viceroy?

TheAlchemist

Provider
I'm looking for a long time armor to work towards and I see both Viceroy and Imperium are upgradable and offer acid protection.

I see a lot of people going for viceroy, while the imperium has better defense stats.
Is the Imperium and its upgrades much more expensive to get. When I look at the modified version it outclasses most of the mid ranged armor for close combat.

Although I must say viceroy looks cooler, but it is also untradeable.

So basically how much more expensive would mod imperium be over mod viceroy in upgrade materials?

Edit:
Just curious about Gorgon $. It seems to be a specialized uber armor but it looks like you can hunt big caperon and crystal space mobs with it easily.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter at this point... Imperium Armor Epic Mission Chain is blocked and will not be coming back anytime soon, with zero to none updates on it's status ever since.

So it's a question of wether you want to pay a price for an armor that is pretty good, but only obtainable from other players at this point, or build Mod Viceroy, either by buying mats and building it yourself or grind them through the different mobs.

Gorgon is a very good armor, however super expensive to obtain the augmented version of it aswell as a big farming downtime to do so.

Its like StarKiller says, the imperium is no more and prob never will be. Viceroy (mod) is a very nice pice of armor however its accountbound so if you plan on selling out at some point dont get that armor. I realize im stuck here like the true addict i am im gonna stay on the ship even when the water is waist deep...so from my point: You need a good allround(isch) armor for everyday use. if you dont have unlimited funds a gremlin, viceroy is a good choice. When you upgrade the vice you get some nice buffs that makes it cheeper to get rings to max your buffs aka reload, crit hit, crit dmg etc. With that in mind i would say get the Mod vice ASAP. You will not regret it.

Edit.... the few that can afford mod shadow ofc dont need this but if you plan to hunt somewhat eco its a great armor. For BIG mobs go for some L armor. Dont use L all the time cuz even a small MU will kill the return in the long run. You will get lots of tips but think of what you want in the long run.

And for all the haters....RickRoll your self

I wish Calypso had an armor upgrade path like the other planets. Where you could improve an armor from rags to uber armor. (gorgon style)

Since I'm just a casual hunter I prolly end up with Phantom I guess. Seems best bang for the buck excluding buffs. But I guess buffs are a bit overrated for the average player.
I still believe being at the right place at the right time beats eco/buff/eff by a long shot.

Thx for the replies.

I still believe being at the right place at the right time beats eco/buff/eff by a long shot.
True....but the buffs are a sure thing the right time and place is pure luck...ill go for buffs anyday since luck happens like once in a blue moon

Just buy gremlin since it is prettier than both and has some market value, otherwise go ahead and upgrade to something better than all mentioned in this thread.

Just buy gremlin since it is prettier than both and has some market value, otherwise go ahead and upgrade to something better than all mentioned in this thread.
Yeah for sure the nicest looking armor in game!

Imperium anyday!
Better stats during the long time you try to upgrade to mod VR (that is to expensive anyway) and tradeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Calypso had an armor upgrade path like the other planets. Where you could improve an armor from rags to uber armor. (gorgon style)

Since I'm just a casual hunter I prolly end up with Phantom I guess. Seems best bang for the buck excluding buffs. But I guess buffs are a bit overrated for the average player.

Thx for the replies.

Calypso have Upgradable armors

Tiger / Jaguar / Nemesis / Vigi / Angel so on
Boar i guess Bear and few other options you can chose from.

I have myself improved imperium (the blue armor) and i love it. I wish i could make it up to Modified, but i`m still happy with IMPROVED.

If you have 10-20k ped to spend on armor -> would deff recomend get yourself an improved imperium. You wont regret it!

Viceroy will give you more DPP but you will lose ped if you want to remove the set and buy another armor as it’s not tradable.

imp imperium will give you alittle less DPP but can be sold to other players.

it just depends on how you would go about this in the future so be mindful of that. :) both good sets

Calypso have Upgradable armors

Tiger / Jaguar / Nemesis / Vigi / Angel so on
Boar i guess Bear and few other options you can chose from.

I have myself improved imperium (the blue armor) and i love it. I wish i could make it up to Modified, but i`m still happy with IMPROVED.

If you have 10-20k ped to spend on armor -> would deff recomend get yourself an improved imperium. You wont regret it!

I meant armor upgrade from newbie armor to mid level like viceroy or from crap to uber like gorgon.
Not an armor where not even a full set loots in a year.
the adjusted armors are great for people already having and buying an armor set, but not for people wanting to build there armor from playing the game.

I wouldn't even care if it is a soulbound armor like viceroy. It could even use crafted armors to upgrade to stimulate crafting and hunting.
As long as it looks cool (so not the pxie armor model) and has a cool color.

Also, are they ever going to make an imp and mod version of jag, nem,boar. They did for vigi.

But yeah, I don't count on it, so ghost an phantom are still the best way to go for calypso. If only the armor wouldn't look that ugly.

You can probably get a lot of different imperium armors from players if you pay well. I still have the old "stolen" imperium. Now adding plates, so it's like the blues one.

Back