Suggestion: Implement a proper newbie tutorial/mentor program.

Society
Classified
Jade Jade Draconis
The root of crafting or mining (my main professionšŸ˜‰)not peaking many peoples interest is partially because whenever anyone new joins the game, the first and in most cases, only thing that is shoved down their throat is Hunting. Ive had numerous conversations with newbies at Boreas and they all said their mentor/soc mates advised then to start swunting. only 1 out of the 30ish people i spoke with said they knew what mining was and none of em knew what crafting was. My point is, the newbie experience is completely reliant on the community, with no check on what info is given to the newbie. There should be an initiative from MA to have a basic tutorial for each profession. Ofc the economy is not something MA would explain, but give a brief idea about how each profession works. Also the mentoring program needs to be an actual program, where the mentor gets actual rewards for the time and effort put in. and not 2 ped armor parts.....I myself had to go through 3 mentor b4 i found an informative one. (one of them made me tt my vivo s10 on the first dayšŸ¤¬). This is not a game its an RCE, i know that but it still doesnt justify making no efforts to guide the new people with the basics.

TLDR// Mentoring and entry level guidance needs a major improvement so that people actually bother to explore the other professions. If anyone asks questions about where to invest in this game, all i see is people telling them to buy hunting stuff cause that is mainstream.
Would love to hear other peoples thoughts and suggestions

Mining is expensive to get into 10 ped will no last long. Crafting is even more expensive. Hunting is easy with all missions and you can recycle shrapnel. Swuntng punys is good way to get skills.

Mining is expensive to get into 10 ped will no last long. Crafting is even more expensive. Hunting is easy with all missions and you can recycle shrapnel. Swuntng punys is good way to get skills.
i dont disagree, but they should still be informed of other professions. If amphibians had not gone out of water onto the land, evolution may never have happendšŸ¤”. Let them be given enough info to make an informed decision.

Last edited:
Thay have mining and crafting tutorials at noob area. There is some starter missions on a few planets. All 3 professions are apart of mentorship program.

I always though MA should connect "Reputation" with Mentoring but it seems that the Reputation system in EU is hidden and the only way to get or give some is through participating in player-created events, and even that is not well knowned.

Yes you can rate your mentor, but reputation should be something that hangs clearly and boldly above every avatar's head (not literally, figuratively) when considering someone for a Mentor.

Case in point, try to go find what my reputation ranking is in the game, I don't think you can, but I do have a few points...

I always though MA should connect "Reputation" with Mentoring but it seems that the Reputation system in EU is hidden and the only way to get or give some is through participating in player-created events, and even that is not well knowned.

Yes you can rate your mentor, but reputation should be something that hangs clearly and boldly above every avatar's head (not literally, figuratively) when considering someone for a Mentor.

Case in point, try to go find what my reputation ranking is in the game, I don't think you can, but I do have a few points...
I can by scanning you and viewing your skills if you have enabled them to be seen via scanner.

Currently reputation is used solely for events, you can set a minimum reputation score to enter the event. That is itā€™s only use since implementation. It is a score of how much people enjoy you at events and nothing more.
The mentor level can be seen through the find a mentor interface, as well as a mentor rating score from 1/5.

this score from 1/5 is what should be displayed imo instead, or an entirely new system called ā€œFameā€ like maplestory where each player can give one point up or down per day. That way people can purchase fame from new players for like 1 ped or something and itā€™ll be an additional revenue stream to new players.

regardless of the outcome, keep in mind people will always purchase the reputation/fame making the system mostly meaningless anyways. So maybe the only decent guide is the mentors rating since that isnā€™t as easily purchased.

Back