In game V.O.I.P

djomen

Guardian
Society
Knights Templar NF
DJ Master Omen
Really? no voice chat in game? I kinda just figgured this would be a simple afterthought since im sure the programming has already been done

or am i wrong to assume that there is voip built in to crysis? yes im sure MA would have to shell out the bucks for the coding but really...

i figured vioce chat was gonna be one of those cool suprises FPC kept talking about when they were marketing their v10 crytech thingy

there is alot lesser games that do have it, so im just thinking the community just might not really have a need for it

ideas?

your from Wisconson, Im from Texas...how would we overcome the language barrier....:D

cus MA are cheep. they put a 2 pec charge on equiping because of badwith. i'd imagin text sucks up less bandwith.....

Nah Vent & TS are fine, at least for the time being. Though ingame V.O.I.P would be nice, provided it wasn't hosted on the games servers, but separate servers.

Server side bandwidth usage would be considerably more than it is now. If the "free to play" model was retained, this would lessen loot returns even more than the current low level due to increased overhead.

Voice spam would be far more annoying than text spam.

Many Societies already maintain private servers, and E-lite already runs a pretty decent public server for entropia users.

...and what NetStalker said!

your from Wisconson, Im from Texas...how would we overcome the language barrier....:D
I'm glad I've learned to not read these forums with a mouthful of coffee (or other beverage) as I would have made quite a mess. :laugh: I'd +rep you but I guess I have to spread the love first.

cus MA are cheep. they put a 2 pec charge on equiping because of badwith. i'd imagin text sucks up less bandwith.....

There was a time when lag was a constant. Loot-lag, chat-lag, and rubber-banding were so common I got used to it and it was just part of the experience. When trying to eliminate such problems, the last thing you want to do is throw in other variables that complicate the situation.

Also, I believe the powers that be (probably Marco) have stated in the past that in their opinion there are several third-party voice-chat solutions available therefore no real need to incorporate something into EU. Not long after that, the XFire partnership was announced, and as far as I know, it has voice chat (but I don't use it so cannot comment further).

Has anyone ever tried Mumble? Claims to reduce voice-lag that tends to be in TeamSpeak or Ventrilo.

Last edited:
im thinking more of voice chat being auto in teams... its just a whole lot easier to direct a team of noobs when you can just say what you mean.. and its impossible to get random ppl in a team on your vent server so it just kinda sucks compared to other games

:(

No thanks. MA has enough problems to fix, we don't need to make it more complicated. Use TS, Vent, GSC or something else.

No thanks. MA has enough problems to fix, we don't need to make it more complicated. Use TS, Vent, GSC or something else.

yes, use best of bread rather than have MA implement a non-core function half heartedly. I dont want the extra bandwidth and processing on my conneciton either, if others do they can chose to use a third party app to do so.

wanted to say the exact same thing =) before you think it would be just 'neat' to have, think about the costs.. design, implemetation, serverload, maintanence.. if you want to loot somethin yourself, dont spend it on things like this which not will lad to extra income or clients
hey there is also free thirth party software, accepted by gamers and game companies for year already

Back