Incase you didn't know...

Status

SpikE Odets

Prowler
Society
AO
SpikE SpikE Odets
The last thread i started was taken down i guess because of Youtube video showing names, but in that thread someone said i was exploiting since i didnt have my seasonal boxes looted in space, and a soc m8 asked the same question. Figured this would be helpeful. Seasonal boxes are not lootable in space as you can see from the image they do not have the warning for lootable.

SpikE

I didn't know people thought they were lootable....

Hey Spike. I watched the video you're referencing on YouTube, and I've heard there have been other players that have had the misfortune of being robbed by pirates as well.

For anyone who doesn't know -- There are pirates going around, adding people to their vehicle guest list without their consent, and spawning quad wings on top of them while they hunt. The hunters then enter the vehicle against their consent and are brough to space, where the pirate has one more pirate friend who shoots down the ship they are in, killing both the pirate and the hunter. The hunter is then looted.

This is a MAJOR problem for people wanting to hunt outside of PVP. This type of pirate behavior amounts to in game theft. This needs to be patched and or fixed immediately. Any players who have been robbed should be able to open a support ticket, attach screenshots or evidence, and have their case reviewed and items returned to them.

What the pirates are doing is ethically wrong, and against the TOU, as they are severely interfering with other avatar's gameplay.

MindArk, please address this. We need your help to fix this issue.

Look, I get it, I read on PCF all the time that people don't like "botters" or macro users. That's fine, that's a different discussion. Anyone thinking this type of pirate behavior is "cool" or acceptable, or maybe they're feeling glad the pirates are finally "owning the botters" needs to have their head examined. We have players at their keyboard being brought into PVP zones against their will and robbed. Nothing about that is "cool". Players will not feel safe to play this game if this somehow becomes the new norm.

I heard a story just last week where a player was hunting and was at their keyboard, picked up in a ship this way and brought to space and looted. The player panicked and didn't know how to exit the ship in time and had their loot stolen from them. They lost 2-3k PEDs worth of loot. This could happen to anyone hunting planet side, not just "botters".

If MindArk chooses to address people using macros or botting, do it another way. But not by staying silent on this issue. Continuing to allow pirates the ability to take people hunting in non-PVP and drag them into PVP, and subsequently robbing them is not the type of game I signed up for.

Everyone is fine with PVP areas existing planet side because we know how they function, and we choose whether or not we accept the consequences before entering.

Hey Spike. I watched the video you're referencing on YouTube, and I've heard there have been other players that have had the misfortune of being robbed by pirates as well.

For anyone who doesn't know -- There are pirates going around, adding people to their vehicle guest list without their consent, and spawning quad wings on top of them while they hunt. The hunters then enter the vehicle against their consent and are brough to space, where the pirate has one more pirate friend who shoots down the ship they are in, killing both the pirate and the hunter. The hunter is then looted.

This is a MAJOR problem for people wanting to hunt outside of PVP. This type of pirate behavior amounts to in game theft. This needs to be patched and or fixed immediately. Any players who have been robbed should be able to open a support ticket, attach screenshots or evidence, and have their case reviewed and items returned to them.

What the pirates are doing is ethically wrong, and against the TOU, as they are severely interfering with other avatar's gameplay.

Look, I get it, I read on PCF all the time that people don't like "botters" or macro users. That's fine, that's a different discussion. Anyone thinking this type of pirate behavior is "cool" or acceptable, or maybe they're feeling glad the pirates are finally "owning the botters" needs to have their head examined. We have players at their keyboard being brought into PVP zones against their will and robbed. Nothing about that is "cool". Players will not feel safe to play this game if this somehow becomes the new norm.

I heard a story just last week where a player was hunting and was at their keyboard, picked up in a ship this way and brought to space and looted. The player panicked and didn't know how to exit the ship in time and had their loot stolen from them. They lost 2-3k PEDs worth of loot. This could happen to anyone hunting planet side, not just "botters".

If MindArk chooses to address people using macros or botting, do it another way. But not by staying silent on this issue. Continuing to allow pirates the ability to take people hunting in non-PVP and drag them into PVP, and subsequently robbing them is not the type of game I signed up for.

Everyone is fine with PVP areas existing planet side because we know how they function, and we choose whether or not we accept the consequences before entering.
May I ask how does one that is present at their PC end up dragged anywhere, or how does anything happen to the person while they are in control of their avatar and their OWN actions?

Thank you for your explanation in advance.

Just to add to this, if you find yourself "kidnapped" -long right click, select exit seat before they hit space. You will drop out the quad. (F doesn't work in the air) (or hot key exit seat).

Once in space - neither works so log out. You have lots of time before they make it to lootable. When you log back in you will be floating in space and respawn at ss.

tbh i think MA should add a consent button to the passenger too when going into space or a pvp zone , one thing is pirates being pirates in space and another is someone with bad intent in a non pvp zone taking someones loot , you want to be a pirate fine go do it in pvp areas ,

The only solution to solve this is to immediatelly disable automated hunting abilities and:

It can be introduced as a gradual punishment, such as:

- Whoever is caught botting, issue a 7 days ban.
- Next time same person is caught botting, issue 1 month ban
- 3rd time permanent BAN and immediatelly auction all the items from the exploiting avatar.

Yeah, mob training outside a PvP area to achieve PvP (dead player / player kill / etc) is a big no-no.
Breaking the rules to get some form of self-defined poetic justice on something that is permitted by MindArk can only go one way.

Free 72 hour break incoming for some folks if MindArk pays attention at their keyboards also.

SrSXinw.jpeg

MA can just look at chat log and activity to see who did what no?

The last thread i started was taken down i guess because of Youtube video showing names, but in that thread someone said i was exploiting s
some ppl have nothng better to do than harass others.
dont pay attention to them, living is their punishment

I think its up to MA to make the right decision ,were saying macros is the issue, but that doesnt condone people using features in game to exploit other players , stealing a mob is not the same thing as moving a whole avatar into a pvp space

Adding someone to guestlist should need their consent.
Every player should have a vehicle list accessible over action library where they can see all the vehicles on which guestlists they are and remove themselfs remotely.
There should be a checkbox in settings to disable entering vehicles or receiving summons.

The pirate summoning exploit happened a decade ago but to this day it is technically still possible to summon someone straight into lootable space - this will need to be fixed at some point.

And ill say this i got looted for 10k on monday on my stream . i use shadow pc to play which is a streaming service since i use my phone to press f but it doesnt let me right click from my phone and i was present and my stream watched it happen , i tried exiting the game but theres limited i can do with my phones internall keyboard, i didnt complain about it on forums or anything because touche i got stream sniped and ppl know i play from my phone .and im not proud to say i lost that much ped but i want ppl to know these things are happening

You can laugh i get it to some its gotta be funny. And tbh im not even mad we all make choices and i made my peace with that lind of loss ,and i know how hateful people are in and out of the game , but we are really missing the point here is that people will go out of their way to grief and exploit others, even if its a joke at first to some 10k ped might be all they had in game and to others its just one small depo , but it shouldnt have to get to this point of having to watch out for the next avatar on your radar

Iirc when a similar thing was done previously (summoning unsuspecting people into lootable space ( which can still be done) ) the owner of that ship had a few months *holiday*, and his friends went very quiet for a while...

removing once for all lootable and avoid BURGLARS to STEAL money from gamers would be THE solution.
all pvp shou d be able to go to a PVP arena and bet on fighting if they do want to loose ped

Iirc when a similar thing was done previously (summoning unsuspecting people into lootable space ( which can still be done) ) the owner of that ship had a few months *holiday*, and his friends went very quiet for a while...
Not only this, but given that financial gain (significant at that) occurred - perhaps their items and peds should be confiscated and/or auctioned. That's what you do to thieves anyway. Restitution.

Look, I get it, I read on PCF all the time that people don't like "botters" or macro users. That's fine, that's a different discussion. Anyone thinking this type of pirate behavior is "cool" or acceptable, or maybe they're feeling glad the pirates are finally "owning the botters" needs to have their head examined.

It is not a different discussion. This would only happen to someone macroing the f key. MA doesn't allow macroing, yet people do it at their own... what's the word? Oh right! Risk. Are we gonna go ahead and blame MA for losses they sustained while doing something that breaks the EULA?

I would argue that anyone who gets kidnapped like that in front of their keyboard needs their brain scanned.

just because the problem doesnt affect you, doesnt mean its not something going on. The ugly side of people shows here a lot, lets hope MA doesnt start adding mobs looting you function and the next player that kills it gets your loot too

just because the problem doesnt affect you, doesnt mean its not something going on. The ugly side of people shows here a lot, lets hope MA doesnt start adding mobs looting you function and the next player that kills it gets your loot too

And it doesn't happen "to me" why?

It is not a different discussion. This would only happen to someone macroing the f key. MA doesn't allow macroing, yet people do it at their own... what's the word? Oh right! Risk. Are we gonna go ahead and blame MA for losses they sustained while doing something that breaks the EULA?

I would argue that anyone who gets kidnapped like that in front of their keyboard needs their brain scanned.
It is one thing to pick a botter and drop him outside the spawn like that - it is something completely different to use the technical weaknesses of the system to move a player into lootable without them signing the agreement to enter lootable.
It would be on the same level as spamming someone who expects a trade with a summon to a ship and looting him there - a case which mindark has accted uppon in the past.
The popup windows to wanr for lootable and ask agreement to enter lootable are there for a reason and its obviously a weakness of the system that the passenger in a quad does not get the the agreement and can actually be taken to lootable without their permission.

not yet , if the tables turn and then you can also get looted or teleported to a pvp zone then im sure youd complain

So what if a player is dragged with Creature control pill to lootable PvP, not space, is that then ok?!
You can do that without "consent" as some like to call it, bit of a rapey vibe but ok....

It is one thing to pick a botter and drop him outside the spawn like that - it is something completely different to use the technical weaknesses of the system to move a player into lootable without them signing the agreement to enter lootable.
It would be on the same level as spamming someone who expects a trade with a summon to a ship and looting him there - a case which mindark has accted uppon in the past.
The popup windows to wanr for lootable and ask agreement to enter lootable are there for a reason and its obviously a weakness of the system that the passenger in a quad does not get the the agreement and can actually be taken to lootable without their permission.

So we have to play with lawyers by our side. This is next level...

I am not denying that. It is a scumbag move, but the reality of the situation is that this wouldn't happen to someone who isn't using such 3rd party software. It is a non-issue to anyone who is playing the game as intended. With that said, it isn't exactly on the same level with the other scenario you mentioned. As whoever falls for that one IS playing the game as intended.

"There's no honor among thieves". People doing the wrong thing will prey on the vulnerability of others doing the wrong thing too.

EDIT: What are they gonna tell MA? "Hey MA so I was macroing and some guy put me into his quad and took me into lootable space." Again, a lot of what I see on these forums is people who simply won't hold themselves accountable for their actions leading up to a loss.

The only solution to solve this is to immediatelly disable automated hunting abilities and:

It can be introduced as a gradual punishment, such as:

- Whoever is caught botting, issue a 7 days ban.
- Next time same person is caught botting, issue 1 month ban
- 3rd time permanent BAN and immediatelly auction all the items from the exploiting avatar.
Strange you think the only solution to pirates breaking TOS is to crack down on automated hunting

Status
Back