indi indi indiman. Thanks for stealing my spaceship

Status

Westy

Stalker
Society
Antipodean Army
Buster Westy Westmoreland
For someone who has mined before that was a low act mate. Especially as I was running upto it and you bolted in before.

You were so rude you didn't even chat u tp'ed away. So thats how it goes sometimes. Not like I wasn't there. Hope karma comes to bite you back.

ah well....... thats how it goes.

ah well....... thats how it goes.

yup. certainly does. doesn't make you any happier when it happens to you. especially when your run is down and that has come up to compensate.

That's pretty low. :(

Has the guy got an account on here - let's spam him with -Rep if he has.

+Rep to you as some small compensation.

Edit -----> It appears that I've given you some rep recently lol! I'll come back to this in a couple of days if I remember!

Bob

lol im not in a discussion mood here, but ........

I saw it happen various times and i didnt saw any other threads here.:rolleyes:

Just had to say.

I even know someone who pushed the button, and even got a gratz from the person in question, then the guy in question remberered that it was his spaceship. :eek: you had to hear him, lost track of the person who did it and went crying in a corner.

I thought you had been long enough ingame Westy to know that something that is not claimed or are in you inventory is considered free for anyone to take.

and how was he supose to know it was "yours"? even if you said it was yours how could he know? I have found spaceships with no avatar around and I wasnt mining.. so he maybe thought you just happend to find it also. so I dont consider he action in a moral greyzone

and, as you can not claim a spaceship, is it possible that 2 ppl can get the strange signal from the same spaceship?

I gotta be honest and say I fail to see what the problem is here. I'm not sure it's possible to steal a spaceship since they're just part of the public domain and open to be found by anyone. Is there even any evidence to suggest they are spawned from a/ your drop?

Even if there is I can't see the logic in claming it as "your" spaceship until you click the button and claim it. I've had 3 spaceships in total, two mining one hunting.... was it morally wrong of me to claim the hunting spaceship? Granted there were no miners around when I did, but maybe I should have waited a few hours to see if any turned up?:rolleyes:

I can see that it would be frustrating, but it's the nature of the game and if MA wated to stop this sort of thing happening they could and blaming the guy who "stole your" spaceship seems unfair...... Just out of interest, would you have the same opinion if you'd found the spaceship in pvp4?

I found the spaceship in front of me.... without thought i pussed the bouton...
I have to left for work imidiately after that... no time to chat...

I lost spaceship from other too..... who own a spaceship ? If is there a way to say that that was your spaceship then pm to get the 5k res i got

I was out mining then i see a drone then i see a spaceship and dam right i collected
I didnt see anyone near the ship but none the less
Once a ship appears its fair game, so run up and get the loot before you deal with the bots
The fact that MA doesnt give you a spaceship deed means anything goes...
So in fact no one can steal your speaceship, its first come first serve

For someone who has mined before that was a low act mate. Especially as I was running upto it and you bolted in before.

You were so rude you didn't even chat u tp'ed away. So thats how it goes sometimes. Not like I wasn't there. Hope karma comes to bite you back.

I think what this guy did is low and immoral. I feel very sorry for westy, and consider this greeks united guy to be a complete scumbag. I certainly wouldnt have a tosser like that on my christmas card list and anyone I consider to be a friend would feel exactly the same way.

Minus rep to the lowlife.

"in love and war ........ " Fill in the blank.

I lost spaceship from other too..... who own a spaceship ? If is there a way to say that that was your spaceship then pm to get the 5k res i got

A likely story about leaving for work...

The guy lost a spaceship and named you as the person that stole it off him and you want proof that it is his? Do you steal that many spaceships that you can't be sure that the one that he is talking about is actually his?

Fair deal though that you are offering to give the loot back though, I'll hold off on the -Rep for now...

I think what this guy did is low and immoral. I feel very sorry for westy, and consider this greeks united guy to be a complete scumbag. I certainly wouldnt have a tosser like that on my christmas card list and anyone I consider to be a friend would feel exactly the same way.

Minus rep to the lowlife.

This says it all for me..

I was out mining then i see a drone then i see a spaceship and dam right i collected
I didnt see anyone near the ship but none the less
Once a ship appears its fair game, so run up and get the loot before you deal with the bots
The fact that MA doesnt give you a spaceship deed means anything goes...
So in fact no one can steal your speaceship, its first come first serve

If I found a spaceship with nobody sitting around it then I'll be honest in that I'd have a dilemma whether to take it or not. I think that I probably would take it then wait around for a while to see if anybody turned up and if they did I'd hand them the loot.

On the other hand if I found a spaceship with a green dot on radar, I'd steer well clear - or help deal with the bots if the guy needed it. It's obvious that this guy felt guilty about it or else he wouldn't have TP'd straight out.

IMO - nicking spaceships is no different whatsoever to kill stealing.

yes ...... and what about guys who r running towards you when you are hunting a mobgroup, and start shooting the group??? thats not stealing, and when ....... a miner crosses ur path at cnd and gets the global. and ........ so on and so on.

Thats what i like about mmorpg's you can have a break and it can get shitty, peoplewise, if you dont like diversity you surely must play the games from the 90's nice with bots and all.

If u cant have this you must go play singleplayergames that are predictable( and boring) , I would love someone stealing my ship, it gets me with two feet on the ground. i perhaps will laugh about it.:yay:

I'm happy with that response indi. And yes its how it happens. No you keep the res mate. Just made me unhappy at the time. Your urgency to tp away was very suspect. And it made you look really poor.

And yeah I have mined quite a bit (refering to other posts) and this is the first time i missed out on it. On other occasions e.g. my first one was at twins in all the hunters and argos. A person I cannot remember waited for me and showed me how to loot it. Recently i got a ship in the same spot as this. Another hunter was shooting allo's right next to it but he left it be. I split it with him for simply leaving it be.

Oh well, doubt he can prove it was his right? :rolleyes:

Thats the fun/excitement of finding a space-ship..getting there 1st!

Personally I think who ever is the first to get there SHOULD push the button.

If it happened to me, and someone took my spaceship, I would be shouting "OI ya bastard, thats mine!!" :laugh:

..but then, i would move on, and forget about it!

I found someone elses ship once, was in the middle of a herd of Trox, no green dot in sight, I kinda think he died lol.

I shot the Trox, and waited a bit, no-one came, and tbh, I wasnt going to wait for some random passing guy to claim it either.

So I claimed it.

If i see a ship i take it, and i would expect anyone to do the same with my ship if i happen to found one, havent happened yet though so i'm lucky i guess. And i never taken a ship from anyone yet either. :p

Correct me if I am wrong here. The only way for a spaceship to spawn is if a miner has dropped a bomb/probe and received that strange signal. Spaceship then spawns and hopefully miner can get to it. Now as has been mentioned, anything out there is free game if it can be picked up or looted. I will say this though, the farthest I have seen so far is 180m away,, takes a couple mins to get to them. If one had spawned right next to a hunter and that hunter took it while I was running to it. I would be pretty damn pissed off. Right or wrong,, I would still be pissed. The open chat would probably be burning the fur off of any mobs close. Could I prove it was mine ? Probably not,, not in the habit of taking screen shots of every find. But they do not spawn for hunters so there is a miner around somewhere. If as Westy states,, he was running to the ship, then it is pretty sad when someone takes it frm a miner right on the spot. A ship that has been left out in the middle of nowhere, couple of mins go by with no one showing up then it is fair game. But not right out from under the miner. My opinion anyway.

I still don't see what the problem is with claiming a spaceship that someone else is also trying to claim....

IMO - nicking spaceships is no different whatsoever to kill stealing.

I am amazed you can't tell the difference between claiming a spaceship and killstealing.

50 ped went to someone ... spaceship's purpose fulfilled ... if it's in the game, it's in the game ... sometimes ya got it good, sometimes you get ganked

case closed

Yup time to move on I think. I had my say and Indi his. Was only 5 bucks if you think about it. I've pissed more than that up the wall of the pub. GL an happy hoffing ppl.

my mate has had this done and it sucks eggs but thats the way it is... if it on the floor some one can take it if they get it 1st then its just tough luck.. my mate even spoke to the person who took it and said they would sell the beacon they got, but guess what they never did... some times sh*t happens thats just how life is..

Maybe its semantics's or maybe some people are missing the point but considering it was HIS bomb drop that caused the ship to spawn surely that gives him some right to it doesnt it!

As with many things in the game it is possible to claim a robot ship that you didnt spawn but does it make it right?

In this case they were both on the spot,now Indi couldn't guarantee Westy spawned the ship but he new 100% that he didn't so IMO should have left it alone.

Had he come across it with no-one else around then i may have a different opinion.I dont expect him to wait around for hours as someone nicely exaggerated but theres room for some honor.

As with all choices you make your decision but dont be surprised if you are judged by them.

it was HIS bomb drop that caused the ship to spawn

seriously, id like to see the proof of this ... finding a strange signal is not proof that the ship was spawned by the mining ... anecdotal evidence suggests it's likely that this is the case, but i don't believe there is definitive knowledge on this one way or another, is there? :)

I still don't see what the problem is with claiming a spaceship that someone else is also trying to claim....

I am amazed you can't tell the difference between claiming a spaceship and killstealing.

You shoot something and use ammo so you expect to get your fair share of loot from that ammo. You drop a bomb or a probe and expect to get the loot from any claims that result from it - whether it be resources or a spaceship.

Somebody mentioned PVP earlier in the thread - in PVP it's totally accepted that it's a free for all there - you enter at your own risk. You don't expect to get screwed over outside PVP though.

seriously, id like to see the proof of this ... finding a strange signal is not proof that the ship was spawned by the mining ... anecdotal evidence suggests it's likely that this is the case, but i don't believe there is definitive knowledge on this one way or another, is there? :)

That's an interesting thought actually. So you are suggesting that the spaceships could be there anyway waiting to be found but if you drop a bomb or probe near one then it picks up a signal to say it is there?

Well maybe we need to get some people in here have recieved a strange signal to tell us if they saw it spawn as they got the message.
That might still be anecdotal to some degree but would be enough to convince me.

Status
Back