Info: Swedish national tv on virtual worlds

hmmm but when the veichles do arrive here... will we drive on the right side or the left?? That for me is the important question :yay:

Doesn't matter.

Since only about 5 people will be able to afford the i don't think there will be double lanes lol.

But if i was designing the system i would have it double layered instead, top lane and bottom lane, just to prevent any bickering :silly2:

Thanks for the headsup on that Marco, shame i can't understand swedish :D

Actually "Brave New World" is a novel made by Aldous Huxley from 1932 (?), describing a future dystophric world, much in the same vein as "1984" (but yet completely different) and the Swedish title of the novel is "Du sköna nya värld". That's why. So the translation is correct based on the correlation between a "bleak future" of sorts.

Love seeing references to great literature. :)

Interestingly, Aldous Huxley was George Orwell's (the author of 1984) French teacher for a term at Eton.

On his death bed, Aldous Huxley famously requested 100 micrograms of LSD.

This was the same day that John F. Kennedy was assasinated and it was also the same day that C.S. Lewis died.

Yes 1932 , and its way better than 1984 for me.
Very great book that lots of people should read :)

BTW , there a second book Brave New World Revisited, he write 25 year latter after the 2 world war .
Very interessing to read too :)

For those of you that like dystopia fiction I strongly recommend 'Oryx and Crake' by Margaret Atwood. Its a newer novel and a damn good read.

Love seeing references to great literature. :)

Interestingly, Aldous Huxley was George Orwell's (the author of 1984) French teacher for a term at Eton.

On his death bed, Aldous Huxley famously requested 100 micrograms of LSD.

This was the same day that John F. Kennedy was assasinated and it was also the same day that C.S. Lewis died.

...and the day my mother turned 13 :ahh:

For those of you that like dystopia fiction I strongly recommend 'Oryx and Crake' by Margaret Atwood. Its a newer novel and a damn good read.

While at the litterature:
'Brave New World' and Kafkas 'Process' inspired a danish writer (Svend Aage Madsen) to do a shortnovel on this futuresystemcontrolabsurdity dystopia subject.

Since his novel got a kinky parallel to Entropia, Ill give u a tiny introduction:

The novel is about a man living in a danish city sometime near future, but ufortunately unemployed. Trick is, that all unemployed people have to leave their homes at 9am and cannot return untill 17pm. Harsch militarypolice will see to this by force.
Since they dont have a job they are bound to roam the streets very aware that the hunters lure...
Hunters are men who payed the system for a liscens to kill. Kill people who roam the streets during the hours of 09.00 - 17.00. Well equipped with dear-rifles and camouflage outfits, the hunters hide around the city, trying to spot the lawless and unskilled societysuckers.
Needless to say that the streets are very deserted and the few unemployed people alive develop pretty good dodging skills...

The scene is set for a novel that just have to have a dark, apocalyptic ending :)

hmmm but when the veichles do arrive here... will we drive on the right side or the left?? That for me is the important question :yay:

I'm gonna drive straight down the middle.... and i'll be drinking too :D

Damn I just saw this thread and realized I missed the TV-show, cant find it anyware on TV4:s site, anyone know if its avaible public somewhere ?

Back