News: Information regarding Gold Cards

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
As announced in the past MindArk has ended support for the Gold Card system on September 30th, 2018.

This unfortunately means that in periods Gold Cards will reach their end of life due to technical aspects of the system and as such will no longer be able to be used to login.

We understand the frustration and inconvenience this may cause which is why we've given extra time past the previous given deadline for as many users of the system as possible.

For those who are currently unable to login due to Gold Card issues, we kindly ask you to file a support case for further assistance in deactivating your Gold card and any advice needed on migrating to the Entropia Pocket solution.

About Entropia Pocket:
If you have not yet upgraded to Entropia Pocket, now is a good time to do so. Entropia Pocket is available for free for both iOS and Android devices and offers secure Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) system for your Entropia Universe account.

Entropia Pocket will generate a unique code every 30 seconds that can be used to securely log into one's Entropia Universe account, providing optimal security and peace of mind.

Security systems similar to Entropia Pocket are used by numerous online banks around the world. We believe that your Entropia Universe account deserves the same state-of-the-art security as your real-world bank so we offer Entropia Pocket to all participants, free of charge!

Entropia Pocket is an invaluable companion for every EU adventurer, providing real-time information about system updates, in-game events and news. We also recommend that you accept notifications as we will utilize this system to notify you of important announcements such as Developer Notes and Support information.

Read more about Entropia Pocket on the Account Security Pages.

Originally Posted Here

For those who are currently unable to login due to Gold Card issues, we kindly ask you to file a support case for further assistance in deactivating your Gold card and any advice needed on migrating to the Entropia Pocket solution.
Please also actually look at your support tickets then... This is exactly what we have been asking you for a whole week now. To actually deactivate the gold card.
Your support team claimed they would deactivate it within 2 hours. 135 hours later, they still haven't done it.

It's not the technical issues we whine about, it's the lack of support we get that we whine about.
You tell us there is a workaround, but we need to ask for it. We ask for it, and you ignore it. When we then mention it on the forum, your response is to ask for the workaround.

Do you see the problem here?

I got a response on the ticket now, and I think it's now fixed :)

Thank you.

There should be a process for those of us who purchased a Gold Card Security System and/or spare reader from the Trade Terminal under the expectation of it functioning for the life of Entropia to be reimbursed.

There should be a process for those of us who purchased a Gold Card Security System and/or spare reader from the Trade Terminal under the expectation of it functioning for the life of Entropia to be reimbursed.

go at second hand buy cheapest android phone and use it as gold card, it wont break next 15-20 years lol

Last edited:
go at second hand buy cheapest android phone and use it as gold card, i wont break next 15-20 years lol
MindArk will likely switch to the quantum resistant Platinum Card Superiority System by then.

This unfortunately means that in periods Gold Cards will reach their end of life due to technical aspects of the system and as such will no longer be able to be used to login.

For those who are currently unable to login due to Gold Card issues
This is odd wording. Are all Gold Card users unable to login due to technical issues (a.k.a., the entire system is toast), or only a subset (i.e., those who attempted to log in since the issue arose are bricked but others will be fine)?

Why can't someone fix my VCR?!?!? I want to use it with my 4K TV!!!
That’s something that can be done though. I have a VCR hooked up to my parents 4k tv because my young relative loves the Disney classics and my parents don’t have Disney +

And if it breaks it can be fixed or replaced with another VCR

That’s something that can be done though. I have a VCR hooked up to my parents 4k tv because my young relative loves the Disney classics and my parents don’t have Disney +

And if it breaks it can be fixed or replaced with another VCR
Yeah, but I want a full refund on my VCR I bought 25 years ago! The latest marvel movie wasn't released on VHS in 4k!

What the fuck man...
they sound like my parents and u have to understand them, this old generation wont adapt with the technology, my parents cant use a phone and they dont want to learn at all lol

And remember that
Google authenticator
can be used instead of "official app" and works much better on newer android phones

If you want to use a app like authy or any other authenticator, follow the steps provided by @Svarog in this thread.

Anyway, to make it working, don't use the google authenticator to scan the code because the format is wrong. Use any QR code reader from App store / Google play. It will give you something like "otpauth://TOTP/TOTP5015AFAD?digits=None&secret=4AORDRAITGUYWYEUUADDWD&counter=0". Copy the bold part, then add it manually in the google authenticator.

I used Authy for 6 years without a problem but can't recommend it anymore, they did shut down their desktop version a couple of days ago, and while the mobile one is still fine, it has no advantages over the alternatives anymore, and some alternatives have better UI / features. I switched to 2FAS for mobile and 2fast for desktop (the latter is on the Windows Store). Having a desktop version is great to not have to go looking for your phone all the time (especially if you use 2fa for dozens of services like I do), and If you worry about having the 2fa app on the same machine where you run the apps it protects, you don't have to give actual names to the entries in the 2fa app. You can name your Entropia's entry something silly but instantly recognizable like "Money sink" and still be safe even if you PC gets compromised.

No matter what you choose, the quoted above method still perfectly works for anything. Just make sure so save your QR code or its string version to be able to add it anywhere anytime without resorting to MA's support help.

Last edited:
This is odd wording. Are all Gold Card users unable to login due to technical issues (a.k.a., the entire system is toast), or only a subset (i.e., those who attempted to log in since the issue arose are bricked but others will be fine)?

The way I read it is: all Gold Card users are unable to login.
Did MA realize this would happen, though?

I assume that MA knows how many players had a GC before 2018, how many of them switched to Pocket in the months following the announcement and so know how many had the GC in use years later.
And then I assume that MA cares about it's costumers and would have notified, in other ways then a news item, those players in the years after GC support stopped. For example send them a mail or give them a warning when they log on with GC.

But then, it's obvious that I'm from before 2018, so I know MA by now lol.

As announced in the past MindArk has ended support for the Gold Card system on September 30th, 2018.

We understand the frustration and inconvenience this may cause which is why we've given extra time past the previous given deadline for as many users of the system as possible.

About Entropia Pocket:
If you have not yet upgraded to Entropia Pocket, now is a good time to do so. Entropia Pocket is available for free for both iOS and Android devices and offers secure Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) system for your Entropia Universe account.

Entropia Pocket will generate a unique code every 30 seconds that can be used to securely log into one's Entropia Universe account, providing optimal security and peace of mind.

Security systems similar to Entropia Pocket are used by numerous online banks around the world. We believe that your Entropia Universe account deserves the same state-of-the-art security as your real-world bank so we offer Entropia Pocket to all participants, free of charge!

Entropia Pocket is an invaluable companion for every EU adventurer, providing real-time information about system updates, in-game events and news. We also recommend that you accept notifications as we will utilize this system to notify you of important announcements such as Developer Notes and Support information.

Read more about Entropia Pocket on the Account Security Pages.

Originally Posted Here
Am i the only who havnt got a reply after 8 days since my 1st attempt to contack with MA?

Am i the only who havnt got a reply after 8 days since my 1st attempt to contack with MA?
Welcome to Mindark "support"

This alone is why Mindark will never succeed with UE5 and running in the Epic store.

(...)
(...)
This is not the case. The gold cards are working just fine, the alleged problem according to support was "server technical problems":
«(...) Gold Card system is outdated and not in use anymore. Therefor existing attached and active Goldcards can not be re-synchroinized.
Right now the verification server cause technical problems. If your log in error persist we will need to deactivate the goldcard for you (...)»

And I can't stop interpreting this as "We decided to shut down the GC server".

And I can't stop interpreting this as "We decided to shut down the GC server".
Well, they decided to do this already years ago.
And then MA prolonged the decision in consideration of us old white men, who fail to adapt more and more.
I'm afraid it's like our beloved fax machines. At some point no one will have one that you can fax to anymore.

I don't like it, too.
But since a couple of years i have an old smartphone located on my desk with nothing else on it, but the 2FA app.

go at second hand buy cheapest android phone and use it as gold card, it wont break next 15-20 years lol
wrong every phone have a google liftetime from 5-7 years than get abondon from google no support anymore

Back