(Ingame) Online players

It's a small world after all.

yea, guess that article was right... there would be about 600-1000 players online during peak hours

says there are 498 people on this forum....Guess ppl do like trolling more than playing the game...

And it's laggn' like there's no tomorrow!
Guess that speaks volumes of their servers.

How do you know how many players are online, did they finally put in an online player counter?

And it's laggn' like there's no tomorrow!
Guess that speaks volumes of their servers.

only for people stupid enough to go to port atlantis (like myself :()

same here. Was gonna spend a few hundred ped or more today try and loot something new.... but been trying to log in for 10 minutes again now.... I dont need to be more frustrated after playing a game so guess I'll not log in afterall.

GL all

I suspect many are not in game yet due to VU... I know I cannot log in atm..

Also, once we do hit "normal" play, the list you see won't be accurate, as many will choose to hide their online status.

You can easily count the online players number... Just think.

hint: new feature helps us

You can easily count the online players number... Just think.

hint: new feature helps us

not really,most players will make themselfes invisible at playerlist,i know i did :)

not really,most players will make themselfes invisible at playerlist,i know i did :)

I'm obviously not paying attention, but where can i remove myself from the list?

about 500 people online now :eyecrazy:

Who have downloaded the VU and not set themselves as invisible. I'm not starting the download for at least another hour, if not more.

I will remain visible for the time being. Will consider Friend Requests on a case by case basis, though.

they realized it showed the number of players online so they quickly took it down.

At least we now know EU can reach @ 1000 players online on peak hours
Take that MA

At least we now know EU can reach @ 1000 players online on peak hours

No we do not, peak time is at 20:00 MA time (according to my statistics on amount of registered mentors online) so we need to see it during that time for at least 2-3 weeks to make any accurate statistic :)

they realized it showed the number of players online so they quickly took it down.

That's too bad. It's a good feature. 1000 players at peak time is actually a pretty good number for an MMORPG. Note that does not mean 1000 people are playing every day, nor does it mean the same 1000 people are logged on at any given time. It simply says that about 1000 people are online at peak times. If those 1000 people are only spending $1 an hour, or 10 PED, thats $1000 every day at peak hours, or $365,000 for one hour out of every day for the entire year. There are 23 more hours in the day each day for 365 days a year to account for. Even at 20% of that, if the extreme off peak is 200 people, thats $73,000 a year just for that hour alone. Again, 23 more hours.

When was the last time you only spent 10 ped for an hour of hunting, crafting, or mining? Sure some spend 0. Others like me easily spend 300 PED an hour hunting, more if I am crafting or mining, and fluctuate anywhere from 30% return to 150% on average. Taking those figures, if I get 80% of my 300 PED back (which is often normal) and that's the average (some at 30%, some at +150%) thats 60 PED average of 300 going to MA times 1000 players times 365 days, or $2,190,000 for that hour of play alone.

Of course the numbers will fluctuate, but the mean should exist somewhere in that range. At any rate, you get my point.

The numbers look damn good.

Plenty of money to pay their staff, pay their utilities, and pay their players.

- MR

Last edited:
dude 1000 players for a MMO is shit.... a pirate aka private WOW server has 3334 Players online/server at almost ALL times... on 6 servers. thats 3334 * 6 = a lot of people. And that's just for a private server that started out with a budget of 0$ and lives off donations.

That's too bad. It's a good feature. 1000 players at peak time is actually a pretty good number for an MMORPG.
No it's an awful number for a professional MMORPG.
~1000 is what a private server for Ultima Online has, with zero advertising and one hobby developer on the team.

It does however explain MAs interest in selling practically every imaginable object in the game though.

dude 1000 players for a MMO is shit.... a pirate aka private WOW server has 3334 Players online/server at almost ALL times... on 6 servers. thats 3334 * 6 = a lot of people. And that's just for a private server that started out with a budget of 0$ and lives off donations.

1) That's because the private WoW server is free. There are lots of people who will gladly use something if given to them for no cost. Ever hear the saying "If its for free, its for me!"?
2) That's because its WoW. WoW is hugely popular. Its like the elephant in any room. Trying to compare others to it is ridiculous. As for the free subscribers, Mom and Dad probably said to many of these folks that they couldnt play WoW unless they paid for it themselves. At first they probably ranted and raved like this guy below, but then they discovered the magic of free servers and sat down for a while to play (maybe they had one of those doughnut pillows).

Back