Interesting TV program on virtual worlds

Gazzap45

Guardian
Society
SoF - Cadets
Gazza Gazza Pi
For any one that hasent seen the advert.

This could be worth a watch;

Tuesday 23rd June on More4 from 10:00pm to 11:35pm

Jorien van Nes and Femke Wolting present an insight into online virtual worlds, where users can live out their wildest fantasies, and create avatars that represent their ideal self image. This documentary meets the people who developed these digital wonderlands, and questions whether video-game designers and programmers are truly qualified to be crafting societies that pretend to address the inadequacies of the real world.

Last edited:
sounds interesting, subscribed :) hope it gets bumped on the day :laugh:

bugger it, I bump both :confused:

ooo this should be interesting, not sure if i have that channel:scratch2:, if not someone record it and upload it somewhere so i can DL it lol

Looks interesting...

Not sure what is meant by
"questions whether video-game designers and programmers are truly qualified to be crafting societies that pretend to address the inadequacies of the real world" :confused:

I'm sure there are some megalomaniacs in the development world who think they're doing that but would have thought most were just doing a job and/or having fun.

But then again, I'm reminded of the whole "your real life is boring, make one in PE" advertising lol. Not sure they really think that's true though. More a marketing ploy maybe :scratch2:

Hope it airs in Australia :)

Sounds fun :D

Record it for us! :)

Don't got that channel :(

Looks interesting...

Not sure what is meant by
"questions whether video-game designers and programmers are truly qualified to be crafting societies that pretend to address the inadequacies of the real world" :confused:

I'm sure there are some megalomaniacs in the development world who think they're doing that but would have thought most were just doing a job and/or having fun.

But then again, I'm reminded of the whole "your real life is boring, make one in PE" advertising lol. Not sure they really think that's true though. More a marketing ploy maybe :scratch2:

Hope it airs in Australia :)

Did you see this when it aired in Australia Epiphany?

Well worth watching...Featuring ND :)

Cool video, I hadn't seen that one before. :)

Just a bump to keep it up there. For all the peops not in the UK I am sure that after it has aired there will be places to get it from (if you catch my drift) :)

Yep to threads wasen't sure where to put it really wanted as many peops as poss to see it :)

ooo this should be interesting, not sure if i have that channel:scratch2:, if not someone record it and upload it somewhere so i can DL it lol

You may be able to 'catch up' on the web ... check to see if you can watch this online. A few TV channels in the UK have content avail. online after it's been shown.... Channel 4 does this, so just maybe... it's partner 'More 4' will do the same.

That depends, some TV channels that do this (US and UK) have region locks on the content to prevent people watching shows way ahead of schedule and stopping the sale of the show to broadcasters their.

Subscribed..
Yo conners, get your VCR ready ^^

Dutch presenters? They have Dutch names..

Bump its getting close

Bump its getting close

Simply record it and make it a torrent or upload it somewhere and post the link here. Just a handfull of people can receive that station...

Bump cos its on tonight

Subscribed..
Yo conners, get your VCR ready ^^

haha ill have to dust it off and find an old tape ;)

Bump cos its on tonight

thanks for the bump lol i would have forgot. well to be honest i thought it was thursday :p

EDIT: set a reminder on my TV bet you i still miss it haha

Last edited:
I'm sooo looking forward to that one, it's quite a long docu too, like 90 mins. I get it recorded for me :D :yay:

Tonight's the night :yay:

I hope it inst going to be another show that just goes on and on about Getalife. That is such a terrible, terrible game...

sounds very interestink

will try and watch it i have my show tonight with AHR and then its a new DJ but will try and have it laying in the background and peruse it lol Hope it aint 1.5 hours of secondlife :laugh:

Desire xx

A bump for the show

Thanks to all the people that have contruibuted bits and pieces to this thread :)

You know theres gonna be a bit about myotherlife (not TM)) :) but hey we can live with that and sure that it will appear on a torrent site pretty soon after air.

No torrents yet ;P

if it's called another perfect world

I hope it inst going to be another show that just goes on and on about Getalife. That is such a terrible, terrible game...

from what the missus said about the trailer (not seen myself) i think it will be.

Yeah as I said its gonna have the other world in how can it not but from what I can make out of the trailer it seems to be more about the powers that be in the world rather than the world itself if you catch my drift :)

Damn long sentance that

Back