Internal error An internal database or software system error has occurred.

5p34k3r

Greetings all. I have been a avid player for about a year, and have done my fair share of micro deposits along the way. I have been using the pre-paid credit cards for the entire time I have been playing EU with nothing but success. Lately after this 14.0 VU I can't seem to add my new visa pre paid card. When I attempt I get the message:

"Internal error

An internal database or software system error has occurred. Please try again, or contact Entropia Universe Support for further information."

I have made my support case yesterday morning I think. I am still waiting, I know they can take up to 48 hours, but sometimes the community can be more helpful

Here is a small list of things I have tried/checked prior to posting this

Support Case Sent
Checked to ensure card is activated
Registered it on the CC website for online purchase
Used it on items from store, and from a different game
Tried to add card to my friends account
Tried to add card from my friends house, under a different IP

it would be wise for me to mention I have been attempting with this card in excess of 5 days
I do not know if it matters, but my character was made on Calypso, but I am on Arkadia atm while I am trying to deposit, though I DID try on Calypso for 2 of those days prior to leaving to Arkadia.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my message
Kindest Regards
-5p34k3r

From the sounds of it, you are trying to register your card through the in-game deposit center.

Go to your account on www.planetcalypso.com and register the card there.

Hope this helps.

Dont worry that wont help much either.

\Ive played the game for around 7 years and I have added several cards over the years. I made a thread about this exact topic in the entropia forums site already and Ive been meaning to add it here as well.

I too could not add a new card directly from the Website after being authenticated. I also received the same error. Contacted support they told me they are aware of the issue, but there really wasnt anything they could do about it. Im not sure if its an issue with the new 3D security measures for online purchases or just a conflict in general.

It seems to be its a visa issue. (idk about mastercard.) But I dont see this being fixed anytime soon. Essentially if you try to add your card and it doesnt work you either have to find a new option to add money, like a direct bank transfer, or you dont deposit.

I would love to see this fixed soon, but talk about a huge potential for a financial crisis, not allowing new cards to be added will certianly create one.

I was attempting via web site.

I am not sure if it is the security they added awhile back (3D security or w.e it is called) for I have had no issue using them in the recent past. This issue surfaced right after the 14 VU update.

I am planning on setting up a separate bank account to avoid this issue in the future. Alas, I have to wait till next pay day to do so.

In the past I had this issue, but it turned out that I had not waited long enough for the new pre paid card to register online after purchasing it. Unfortunatly it is not so in this case.

I think for now the only thing I can do is HOPE the MA reply to my support is better than a copy paste from FAQ lol

Shall remain vigilant, try atleast once a day and check support case....*Tumble Weed rolls by* lol

Thanks for replying, regardless of the outcome, I am glad that I was able to speak to somebody about this.

My Support Cases
History for support case 250xxx:

2013-02-11 18:04 You wrote:

I tried to add my Visa card to account but keep getting "Internal error: An internal database or software system error has occurred. Please try again, or contact Entropia Universe Support for further information."

2013-02-11 21:28 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, due to added security functions, we are currently experiencing some issues adding payment cards. Our initial advice is to try again and if the issue continues, we recommend that you select another of our deposit options, such as Paynova, NETELLER, Ukash or via your local bank office.

We appreciate your patience while this issue is resolved and ask that you stay tuned to the Support News section on our website for further information.

Kind regards,
Laura | Planet Calypso Support

I've had, generally, the same problem as the OP and starting at about the same time. In his post he says he used a prepaid card. In my case, I was using a card which you can "reload". I had been using this card for all my deposits into the game. It is/was the only thing I use this card for. I would only load it with the amount I wished to deposit at that time. That way if the card ever got hacked the perp would only be able to get whatever happened to be on that card at that particular moment in time. Then suddenly the card stopped working. I filed a support case, got the usual response, got a new card (same card, just reissued), denied, support case, same response.

The curious thing is, my wife has an ava in the game and uses the exact same kind of card to make deposits, from the same issuer, and has no problems at all. Thinking that, obviously, something must be wrong with my particular card, I got the issuer to cancel that card and send me a new one with a new account number. Now I can't even register this card. I get the internal error message. The card is activated, I waited a day for the account to hit the internet even though I check after a couple hours and saw that I had money under the new account number. And, before someone suggests it, I was going through the Entropia website to register the card.

I've filed a new support case and we'll see what the response will be, but I'm not optimistic. The thing that gets me is that the one card won't work and the other will even though, for all practical purposes, they're identical. :scratch2:

Back