News: Introducing Entropia Unreal Tokens

It’s not unreasonable to think that in the future they might introduce new avenues to acquire them directly from the web shop, but I wouldn’t lead with that assumption.

What I think would be cool, is if some unreal mob variant can spawn somewhere randomly in game, that has a 100% drop rate. It would be a treasure hunt, players have to run around and find it. Maybe have clues, maybe not.
Exploring could a pretty rewarding activity and think of all the oil that would be burned.

It’s not unreasonable to think that in the future they might introduce new avenues to acquire them directly from the web shop, but I wouldn’t lead with that assumption.

What I think would be cool, is if some unreal mob variant can spawn somewhere randomly in game, that has a 100% drop rate. It would be a treasure hunt, players have to run around and find it. Maybe have clues, maybe not.
Exploring could a pretty rewarding activity and think of all the oil that would be burned.
Or have them spawn on the ground like dung

This won't happen because it's actually fun

What do you mean? I'm having a blast killing my 20,000th daikiba for my 3 tokens :D
Wdym it's not pouring tokens so they can align with ppls expectations of 2 pec each when tradable? 😜

drop rate doesn't have anything to do with value on an instrument whose only value is a dividend. only the dividend matters to valuation

You have to loot token, in early 2023 unreal shares should be added to entropia exchange and you can start trade them.
And one day in distant future when they release unreal version of EU they will maybe start pay your 0,5 PED per year and share, or how much it is.

Hmm what happens if when unreal shares are placed for sale and they sell out in minutes like TI, would the tokens become immediatly worthless?

Just a random thought.

Hmm what happens if when unreal shares are placed for sale and they sell out in minutes like TI, would the tokens become immediatly worthless?

Just a random thought.
You will exchange your looted (untradable) token for that share (tradeable) 1:1
If you want know all I know about it just read first post in this thread :hammer:

Last edited:
I don't understand why so many people is assuming that they will sell this unreal shares but okay.

Lots of comments in here about "read the OP".

🤔

The Entropia Unreal Tokens will be tradable from early 2023.

Not going to bother quoting all of the "untradeable" comments. This is the fourth sentence in the OP.

Did I miss an update?

drop rate doesn't have anything to do with value on an instrument whose only value is a dividend. only the dividend matters to valuation
And the dividend will happen a few years later (they will pay after the release of UE). Until then, these will only be subject to speculation, supply and demand. Demand can push or crash heavy in this game (as in RL ofc :D), way past logic...

If 2/3 or 3/4 or so of the mill have been looted by the end of TWEN and are tradeable as of early 2023 (end of twen celebrations to follow end of mayhem?), then either people will be hoovering them up if there is an overlap between wanting to sell at a price and willingness to buy, or transactions will be low volume because no agreement can be reached.
There's been a bit of discussion on this already - and nowhere does there seem to be an expectation of a rush to buy. Then again, people secretly willing to buy are unlikely to want to show open enthusiasm until they have already bought loads. THEN we may see posts about what a great opportunity the tokens are etc. etc..

I've read that development work has been slowed down to focus on content development work before the switch, it may have been My, but I don't know where. If we are able to test the environment of the moon and some interaction next summer, then that still leaves a large chunk of work on doing ALL areas and having ALL features ready that are not already in-game. I have zero inkling of whether elements such as guilds and contracts, player-designed content etc. will be available from the start, but I'm reminded of how long it took for pets to return, for example, on the last big switch we had to Cryengine. And that's content that was already there but didn't make it across for ages, let alone newly designed features and systems. I thus predict that the tokens will be tradeable for quite some time before any conversions to shares and payouts begin.

I've read that development work has been slowed down to focus on content development work before the switch, it may have been My, but I don't know where
Relevant bits:
In the upcoming development cycle we are moving a substantial amount of resources back over to Entropia Universe in order to focus on the 20th anniversary content creation while the Backend and Gameplay team continues to build up the necessary foundation for the Unreal project.

Due to us moving a substantial amount of resources back over to the current Entropia Universe, the development of UE5 Entropia is happening a little bit slower than what you've earlier experienced.

I thought someone has posted a timeline - can't seem to find it.

Mayhem's going to the end of january and I can't find dates for TWEN so I'm not sure if they'll try and pack that in before easter.

There's been a bit of discussion on this already - and nowhere does there seem to be an expectation of a rush to buy. Then again, people secretly willing to buy are unlikely to want to show open enthusiasm until they have already bought loads. THEN we may see posts about what a great opportunity the tokens are etc. etc..

I feel like this is correct. There are probably people who won't speak out or be supportive until they have what they want set aside. For me I may try and grab a few if the price looks right. I won't touch them if people can hold a market price around a 20 year expected payback without even a projected start date.

I thought someone has posted a timeline - can't seem to find it.

Mayhem's going to the end of january and I can't find dates for TWEN so I'm not sure if they'll try and pack that in before easter.

I feel like this is correct. There are probably people who won't speak out or be supportive until they have what they want set aside. For me I may try and grab a few if the price looks right. I won't touch them if people can hold a market price around a 20 year expected payback without even a projected start date.
Q1 2023 is when TWEN should start says one of the mods somewhere if you wanna look in their old posts, which makes sense why they are dedicating resources since they plan to start it soon.

Also these unreal tokens are basically a gift the way I see it. Just a nice 1% to loyal customers on top of normal gameplay and rewards.

Legit. Depending. The implications of this can be a big detriment. Unless its not just tokens to redeem gear.
Original post or in the comments from MA somewhere in this post says that The tokens are used to turn into shares. I HIGHLY doubt they will be able to be turned into gear. But god I hope you didn't just give them an idea.

Original post or in the comments from MA somewhere in this post says that The tokens are used to turn into shares. I HIGHLY doubt they will be able to be turned into gear. But god I hope you didn't just give them an idea.
Yes, I remember it saying not a currency. So we should be good. Keep grinding!

"Yeah, but do you really believe them?" :D
That’s the million ped question lol. Until the day comes, shit breaks, and then day 2 happens, we won’t know what the plan is.

Back