Question: is boting good ?

Don´t feed the trolls...

First 11 months on exchange have seen a 40% lowering of share price (from 4.98 sek to 2.80)

You can also see turnover etc per quarter, so i guess the benefits of botting/macro's etc would result in higher turnover/share price/profits. Maybe is to early to see for sure though 11 months isn't so long, also there is the UE5 changeover costs etc.

And since your post it has continued on its downward trajectory to 2.67

Last edited:
Mindark should detect bots and if found turn them in to lootable mobs with with entire inventory being lootable anywhere both in and out of pvp zones... won't ever happen but just a thought.

No botting effects player mu and if your mining most likely hitrate which is mu.

I did support case last year regarding fort argus bots around that area getting stuck in trees doing certain movements as soon as they come into your radar and loggin off if you chase them down. I had months data hit rate in open flat areas was always s*** yet more complex areas IE areas that would be somewhat more complex to navigate through nearly always had decent hit rates.

Dunno if I was right or wrong regarding hitrate but months and months going round their I knew something was up in certain areas.

id really like to know the % of botters and what they contribute without that info really hard to say whether its bad or good. lol i mean me going to the craft machine and clicking all day while im at work is very "boty" so, not sure what many ppl complain about... when u go mining and hit something big ur there for awhile thats very boty....hunting larger get closer n closer to boty i mean when u spam F u r literally 1 button away from botting i feel so, this game has enabled that lol personally i dont do it but, would like a statement from MA to say its fine then id go do it XD cuz at this point not worth the risk.

Fffffffff22222fffffffffffff3333ffffffffwwwffwwffwwwffffwwwfff ffffffwwwwwwfffffff22222ffffffffff3333fffff

Is boting good ?
Good for whom ?

It's bad for all players who don't bot, since it's obviously an unfair advantage to be able to hunt so much, up to 24/7.
Get more token, or whatever they're chasing, completing kill missions easier and faster, better chance to get rare stuff, etc..

But it's pretty good for MA, and that's why they've always let it happen. (despite they oficially say it's not allowed)

:coffee:

Do redulite mayhem without a bot… I’ll pay for your TT loss if you make it…

Is boting good ?
Good for whom ?

It's bad for all players who don't bot, since it's obviously an unfair advantage to be able to hunt so much, up to 24/7.
Get more token, or whatever they're chasing, completing kill missions easier and faster, better chance to get rare stuff, etc..

But it's pretty good for MA, and that's why they've always let it happen. (despite they oficially say it's not allowed)

:coffee:
To be fair to ma I know my support case was answered rather quick problem is catching them without analytics. Considering the suspected miner ones I have seen their rather sophisticated no doubt tied into entropia life looking for markers. Hunting is even easier to implement and even harder to detect because their current system your find it hard to detect a bot over a marco.

Anyone doing this will know not to run them 24/7 because it will be pretty obvious what your doing.

I think that this is intresting and relevant to this topic, people make bots because it's profitable, otherwise they wouldn't be botting.

Very interesting indeed! In the case of EU, botters probably realise that MA can't afford to ban them as this would risk reducing the player-base even more.

bots exist in every game, especialy the ones that are free to play, becouse cost of geting banned is 0, the cost is actualy future profits you would of made did you not get banned

as time goes on, AI will show up, even if a game was complicated, like world of wacraft is, the bigger the potential of profit, the higher the interest of developing smart bots, this cost of development geting lower as AI is progressing

catching bots comes at the cost of the developer, similiar like preventing hacking or other types of cheating comes at development cost, but it is requiered for a good mmo

entropia in some sense, it beeing a RCE game, has the folowing advantage, it takes a long time, befor a bot can withdraw anything, assuming the bot is starting as a brand new player, this in turn means, that the odds of getting caught by other players increases, and these other players understand, that if they want their time investment to have value, the bots have to go

mindark, if they wanted, could give players tools, to "exploit" bots, its a RCE game, so losing what you have on you if you get draged into a pvp zone, will very quickly create an incentive for people not to bot, and in turn, the high reward of catching a bot, would create an incentive for people to keep looking for bots

most of the people boting do it in instances, thats where they are completely safe, IF, another player, or another team of players, could enter a bots instance, they could killsteal, and take advantage of the fact, that the player isnt really at the pc.. this might not be a permanent solution, but a deturent

i have hated bots or hacks in any game, but in other games those dont affect me as much as in EU, and even tho i hate bots, i have to admit, this community, and its constant defense of why bots are great, really push me in the direction of either quiting or joining them
This must be it, the cost of getting banned is zero, so they have nothing to lose. The YT vid SoberPhil put up made me think of the gaming equivalent of crypto mining.

do you think MA is aware of who the bots are, and is just doing nothing about it, or do you think they dont even know
This would depend on the complexity of the script, although seeing as using bots is against MA's rules, they must know where some are concerned or at least they did. Otherwise how could they enforce them?

Over the years MA have made it easier and easier to bot instead of more difficult. Paying customers who do not even need to be at the keyboard. The only step missing to even non-bot full afk 'hunting' is way more auto-loot pets or availability of 5 hr autoloot pills and a static mob repsawn time of 2s or so in instances. As far as I can tell, we are currently limited to a respawn time of something like 10s and the only autoloot pill I can currently get is for 1 hr. Does anybody know different?

As far as I can tell, we are currently limited to a respawn time of something like 10s and the only autoloot pill I can currently get is for 1 hr. Does anybody know different?
Cyrene has some weird "dynamic respawns". Not entirely sure how it works. And there is augmented loot pill, which is like 3(?) days duration

i was thinking how to respond.. its not that you asked something hard.. but youre right.. we have no tools to deal with bots, we know they are out there, we can see who plays all day long, and the people tat do have the tools (MA) they dont do anything...

so it comes down to, can we make MA care about this, if we cant, then GG

and at that point, if its truly hopeless, i would like to hear a statement from MA, giving the green light on boting, and not some BS answer where they pretend its against the rules and not enforce the rules.. or even worse.. they perhaps pick and choose who to enforce the rules against

we do have one thing MA will listen to, our money, with enaugh organization, we can send a messege theyl understand, it is a matter of how many people see this, and are willing to get rid of the bots

yes its amazing! more should do very good for ingame economy :D

There's something like the phrase killing the patient to cure the disease. Remove the botters and what would be left? We have also seen that MA not only don't seem to care; they have made it easier and easier to bot away in instances where other players cannot see them.

The only option I see now is some mechanism for better returns for non-bots. With mining it might be some types of landscapes that are bot unfriendly and this could be made more the case I guess. In hunting it could be some signs about mobs and their loots that bots find hard to pick up on. The boss spawn mechanic could be altered to have 10% of mobs as slightly different for live players to select out, or something like that. But then ranged presumably has advantages over melee unless spawns have low density or extremely low aggro. It might also be less fun and fast for exactly the live-playing players MA should be hoping to keep by tackling bots, so I really dunno ...

Oh, and I didn't know about an augmented loot pill. 3 days?! Does it continue to time down regardless of online or not? Three days sounds crazy - where is it from, RT? :p
...and dynamic sort of adjusts to the amount of hunting or rather gds on radar I believe, but has no relation to botting or not as far as I can tell.

why are we having this discussion 6 years after MA made it so easy to bot? ppl were sounding the alarm 6 yrs ago, where were you guys then? for 12 years ive been manually hunting and pretty much ruining my health and life sitting here for 8 hours or more a day to have a fraction of the progress of the bots. most of ppl would say its bad for the game and for the players, but does MA care what we think? i dont think they care. so what now? do ppl think all those hunters who didnt cross over to the dark side should continue to be the innocent who keep getting screwed over and continue to be victims? imo should of put the pressure on MA 6 yrs ago, now that ppl are going for lvl 500+ you think now we need to make a change? how are others suppose to catch up to these high lvls without some help?
This hits many nails on the head for me and lately playing EU is certainly taking it's toll, so I can totally understand why players use bots. I would if I knew how - tbh!

this is the thing.. MA could do ALOT of things vs bots, its not like there is almost nothing to be done.. but i belive, the bigest threat to any bot, is another player, becouse regardless how a bot would adapt to changes in mob spawns or whatever, the bot wont be able to adapt to human ingenuity

There's something like the phrase killing the patient to cure the disease. Remove the botters and what would be left
there is also the phrase, "remove the cancer befor it spreads"
bots will always be in any game, but as long as their numbers are low, or they have no impact on the game (bots gathering sweat), then its not a big deal, but when during mayhem, people are so bold to even come on the forum and basicly say that without boting, redulite is imposible to do, its a sign that people have gotten too comfortable using bots

now that ppl are going for lvl 500+ you think now we need to make a change? how are others suppose to catch up to these high lvls without some help?
boting is allready against the rules, you just ban these people, or drop their level back to 1, MA must have some idea of who is boting, and if they dont, how does anybody know that these people are not doing something worse, some type of bug exploiting or hackingđ

and befor the dumb people respond that MA would know if somebody is hacking, if they dont pick up on the red flags of bots, how would they pick up on the red flags of hackers or bug exploiters

Unfortunately, as you say yourself just after, your phrase is in the past already...
On your last point, if the red flags are different, then it is perfectly possible to have an idea of one area but not another. But the mindsets we see do not look encouraging, no.

Last edited:
the truth is mindark don't care about macros. they make money from a macro hunter who is tanking mobs or has healing in the rotation of keys as its not very efficient.

the type of bot they do care about is a OCR enabled one. it can revive, walk back to the mobs, see hp, heal only at certain times etc etc.

this is why they added the f key does all system. means less people bother with a more robust solution and mind ark makes more.

also a reduction of support cases related to account hacking as OCR bots can do anything the dev wants them to aka trade out ped or just steal passwords etc.

so yh dont worry about the f key bots they will feed the pool when loots are turned off and if your really bored take them to space lol

i have recently realized, that alot of people actually belive that bots in entropia are a positive thing for the game

Those people are factually wrong.

Botting and Macro use destroyed Entropia and took the soul of the game leaving a hollow shell in it's place. Which is a shame and this happens to many games where nothing is done to preserve the intergrity of the game. This game isn't an MMO anymore or about anything it once stood for. It's just Botropia.

Botting ruins every game due to the fact that it (directly hurts the players.) It's destroys the economy! It devalues common/medium rare items since Automated players have them now in mass. Or greatly inflates rare items due to Automated players attaining those items first and hoarding. The only thing botters are doing is stealing from other players and then players are compelled to Bot/Macro in order to compete on equal ground or Quit hurting participation.

It's no surprise that many Veteran players moved on as the game that they fell in love with just doesn't exist anymore. There were a lot of mistakes made over the years. For MA to support Automated gameplay they contributed to the game losing anything special it had. There are other reasons the game never grew too where it should be but this obviously is a major factor.

I've always cared about the game. I've met great people in Entropia and while most of them either quit or barely play now cause they share the same thoughts as I do which just makes me sad. I always hope that Entropia could get it's soul back but I doubt that will happen. I don't see anything great in it's future since it's just not a good game anymore as those aspects were removed.

MA would really need to reverse their stance on shared accounts, botting, macro's and banning of these players to try and make Entropia a game again and try to create the special MMO it could be. Which I don't see happening unless Unreal does something special. They should ban botters, they should have GM's ban macro users. Anyone in game 10 hours a day likely should be put on watch or logged out randomly.

I don't know I guess it was really fun while it lasted. Often when I log in now, I think of the fun I had the first few years play for about an hour then log out. It was a fun ride. Met some awesome people and wish them luck with whatever they do.

Last edited:
I smell an agenda and frustration within pages of this thread, we all share.

Honestly, if I was a PP and someone played and spent $$ hours on my planet whether is them pressing "F" or not , I'd look the other way as it is cash in my pocket and investors to be quite honest. Human nature and cash.

But, I draw the line at "Aim Bots" in a Landgrab instance or event and societies trying their best to achieve a unattainable goal based solely on gear or effort, I think that hurts and disappoints players to not even try. I see players have just given up or societies from even participating which is sad.

Is same as, "I own a land deed to a area and get money for someone hunting on it." You receive revenue.

I may be wrong in this but just my :twocents:

Last edited:
But, I draw the line at "Aim Bots" in a Landgrab instance or event and societies trying their best to achieve a unattainable goal based solely on gear or effort, I think that hurts and disappoints players to not even try. I see players have just given up or societies from even participating which is sad.
Whole societies use trigger bots and still can't win landgrab, it's just loser mentality, and lack of gear.

The current system "could" work if it was only humans playing the game.

MindArk, as we know, does not mind if players bot! The issue with this is that the game does not have a cope mechanism for botting. Without it it does not take more than a 4th grader to understand where this will lead to.

1 bot will play what 5 normal players play in a day. With that, it will inject all that loot into economy while using a unL setup. Multiply that by the gigantic DPS we know most botters use and add to the economy every single day.

I do not have a beef with the price of guns... provided there is an economy to use them on. For that I have pointed already the most crucial thing that needs to be done.

Unfortunatly the bag holders would rather go down with the ship than supporting a system that can actually validate the economy. One that would be much more welcoming to newbies and therefore increasing retention rates.

No. They expect after 20 years, from their lvl500 hightowers that new players lvl 0 start their journey with a 10k$ deposit.

If not, we all know how it goes. Any player who does not deposit is not motivated enough and therefore should leave instead of being vocal about their worrys. Thats what the big names of the game tell anyone that asks to many undesirable questions. Maybe people are taking the advice??

It is never the game that needs improvement, never!!

If a worlwide known streamer tell us exactly how people see this game around the net and world. He knows nothing... He is talking out of his ass... He is wrong, yadayadayada...

People do not put skin in the game because of the condition the game is on. Its as easy as that!

#unLimitedpay2win
#macroFTW

If you consider buying one of those higly priced guns... just make sure you can use the 2nd hashtag as well... or you are just wasting money!

Whole societies use trigger bots and still can't win landgrab, it's just loser mentality, and lack of gear.
I disagree but is just my thoughts.

Back