is CND really worth it

SeanJohn

Guardian
Society
Victory
SeanJohn
i was thinking about going to CND sometime soon. proly mostly to go mining. i would like to hear feedback on what people think of it up there?

wirting your mining gear , ampe'd/not and skills would really help for giving you advice.=]

i have just a of 102 no amp low skills proly 200-300 range

Well, if i were you i'd probably wount fly to CND and stick to eudoria/amathera for better avg. return but it just me..

Luck takes big part of CND aswell, so your fly to CND is "dynamic" lol

alright thanks just kinda bored on amertha and eudoria right now bad loots from mobs and returns at least what i get back is not good!

Hey SeanJohn

I've been on CND now for close to a month. Came here for basically the same reason.....change of scenery. Tired of running around the same places. If you're planning to come for a quick trip, and make your fortune....well, ya might want to think that over....lol. I find my overall return is about the same, but I get bigger finds.....just less of them. A small is rare, but you probably drop twice as many bomb to get the larger find. I actually use a 102 quite a bit. No other reason than I seem to have better luck with it. I had a 211(L) when I came up, as well as a 103. I've tried amped, and unamped.....again, I got large finds, but lost on the amp burn. My two biggest globals (still waiting for my HOF! :scratch2: ) 292 ped of Cald, and 202 ped of Lyst were both unamped with a 102. My best amped with a 211 was 76 Ped. Not saying it's the same for everyone, just in my experience so far.

All that said, there are alot of cool peeps on CND, and still having alot of fun. If you don't have good armour, expect to spend alot of time in domes 1-3 or die alot....LOL....that's what I do....die alot......But i'm thinking it'll be a long time before I see the planet again.....

If you decide to come to CND look me up :)

one of his main reasons mentioned was the bad returns he was getting planet side (planet isnt boring if you are getting 1k hofs everyday). So might be good to mention to him how much you have spent up there so far in your time there.

I wouldnt suggest going up there with anything less than 1kpeds.

Morg

That's why I said:

"If you're planning to come for a quick trip, and make your fortune....well, ya might want to think that over....lol. I find my overall return is about the same"

I thought that was clear.....guess not.

I lose roughly the same on CND as on the planet........alot......at least for me.

Short term, like a day or two....no question, one can go broke real quick mining only if you've only got a few hundred ped to spend. Did that on my first 2 trips.

I never turn a profit two runs in a row....heck somebody has to pay for all those HOF's.....hehe

It's a fun place, but just to get better returns is not a reason to go to CND. The "game" is the "game" no matter where you are.....and your profit margin probably won't change just by heading off to CND unless you get real lucky.

I only brought 400-500 ped with me, and have depo'ed a couple times since....same as on the planet in my case........

Same old same old.........I've found that in the close to a month i've been here it averages out to the same....the only complaints I have is the Transport fees at auction....that's one of the places you lose, is on the markup....but then what do I know....i'm still just a noob. ;)

yea i understand.. yea i have been playing for 2 years and am sick of the same scenery but yea i hae ghost so thats ok but yea domes 1-4 seem fien to me

Stuck to domes????

yea i understand.. yea i have been playing for 2 years and am sick of the same scenery but yea i hae ghost so thats ok but yea domes 1-4 seem fien to me

Hey mate,

i have ghost and 5a plates and i play for allmost 1 and a half year now.
I can hunt in a lot of domes so you won't be stuck in a few domes.
And btw there is such
thing as avoid the mobs when you go mining.
Check realityport.com CND ---> CND guide -----> Maps
There you find all about the domes, mobs, maturity and wich ores/enm. to find in what domes.

GL hope to see you up there soon.

Pink.

Last edited:

Think of CND this way..

CND means all your finds are 10 times larger than they would be planetside. In addition you only have 1/10th the chance of finding anything.

Bottom line is the average return is the same, (except any tax if you don't usually mine taxed areas) but very unstable which means you can just as well double your pedcard as ending up empty handed.

If mining eudoria is playing the slot machine mining cnd would be.. roulette

If mining eudoria is playing the slot machine mining cnd would be.. roulette

well said :)

what i think of CND, you find less, but bigger..

also i think you get more skills as on earth.. when i was up there i maxed my 211(L) finder in no-time! on earth it was all going slow..

and finder doesnt matter that much i think, weird but with 102 i had a 1,3k hof on ameth and when i upgraded i got sh*T.. everywhere..

good luck if you think of going, and if not.. good luck :)

I actually preffer to min on CND lately i find i get more skills up there and we'll broken even most times too.

thanks you everyone for your help now is teh deciding time where to go up there or not!! :) most likely yes!! so maybe i will see u all up there soon? just need a big change right now i m too bored on amertha and eudoria.

thanks you everyone for your help now is teh deciding time where to go up there or not!! :) most likely yes!! so maybe i will see u all up there soon? just need a big change right now i m too bored on amertha and eudoria.

well try and find me dont pay more then 20 PED to get up. I"m usually in Twin Peaks or the control room if i'm on.

Hi ... lets not forget CND is much more than just a different blob of mud ... I suggest you come up on a Friday night and enter yourself into one of the weekend events (Pink Saturdays, and Global Madness and of course Champions League on Sunday). There is a ticket fee and of course you will burn ammo but if you want to come up to experience something different and reingnite interest in the game then this will do it for sure. Mining is mining but the events are awesome!! ;)

yea i will be up there for some time so i will try a lot of differnt things :)

Well,

1) It can be very frustrating up there.
(200 bmbs without a single find)

2) But it can also be very stimulating.
(200 bmbs producing - 700 ped HOF and 5k PED tower)

Had both - just be prepared that scenario 1) occurs far more often then scenario 2)

I.

Back