Is Crystal Palace dieing?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
First before you get upset I like CP and I hunt there. Not all the time but when I feel that I can afford to. I have had good and bad runs just like anywhere else so no biggie.

One of the reasons that I go there is to try and loot an Emik X5(L) or, with no chance, an X5 UL. That is what got me to thinking. An X5(L) has a full value of 450 ped, so it takes a real good global or decesent HOF to get a full one IMO. The UL version 20542 ped which takes a good HOF just to get one. So I got looking at ATHs, which I feel is the about the best way to get an UL one (Thats just what I think so save your thises and thats for another time as it is not an arguing point) and found something interesting. The last ATH at CP was 5/2011, the one before that was 1/2010, then two in 2009, four in 2008, eight in 2007 and five in 2006. It looks to be on a down hill to me and I wouldn't like that.

When I first started playing it seems every now and then I would see a good HOF from CP and I saw a 51K ATH, as I recall, also, but lately I haven't seen much at all from CP. I was off for a couple of months and then have been playing for the last couple of months again and only remember one 30K HOF since I have been back.

Anyway just my observation tell what you think.

BTW CP is the only place to get an X5 either an L or UL.

SEG drop L x5, as well as osseocullum.

UL X5s haven't dropped for years.

The reason CP has not as many hunters any more is because it is now taxed.

Crone loves cp, it's a bit of a challenge to Mai and Crone to stay alive even in the easier domes. Usually there's a lot of interaction there aswell. It's quick and hectic normally and Crone can get into the fight in only 'seconds'. Yes, crystal palace is awesome.

But... it's also expensive. Crone needs a good hof or something similar in real life to go there for a hunt.

This is probably the main reason for everyone not to hunt there frequently.

and in space, no longer a quick 20 second cutscene and you're there. They've even moved it closer to Calypso twice to encourage visiting it.

It's also difficult to sell loot. So have to travel back to calypso to sell and so makes it inconvenient and costly. I haven't been there for a while so at least I think it's like that...

I don't see cp dying, I love cp myself, just can't afford to hunt there all the time. As far as looting a UL weapon of any value in EU, and that goes for anywhere in the game, is more or less impossible since 2006. I know that a drop here and there has occurred, which in my opinion is to get people to blow tons of peds because MA needs a good statement for the investors. The only time we see any kind of UL weapon or any UL item of serious value, for that matter is if an event is on or MA needs money so they throw a high depositor something to keep them depositing or throw one to a noob so he can tell the story, which in turn again sparks people playing EU and brings more money to MA. I would like to think that MA will get their shit together and get the game going again, but it's not the players that have killed EU.

I love hunting up there purely for skill gain , but as you all said , taxed and quite expensive , so I would then love to know . What is the best alternative

CP died the day it got taxed.

End of story.

Players may not be depositing as much a they used to. The confidence in high markup items is on hold. Once a Ressurection chip sold for 24k, now it has no bids at 10k! There needs to be some careful marketing, to encourage players to deposit again.
Once Angel sets start selling for 16k we will be back to 2005 prices....

What he said ...

I don't have the time for it ... But could anyone do the maths on how much tax you would pay to do the iron missions up there with a reasonable setup and 90% return ...

I would guess at least 10.000 ped (if not twice that) ...

I used to love CP, but haven't been since MA sold it

Angel

What he said ...

I don't have the time for it ... But could anyone do the maths on how much tax you would pay to do the iron missions up there with a reasonable setup and 90% return ...

Angel

Tax is good only when it's on your LA's? :laugh:

Joking aside, I don't understand why the extra tax on LA's has to come out of our pockets and not shared from MA's profit :scratch2:

The lowest ATH's are higher now than in the past, and smaller aurli/krelt don't have the hp to get that big a hof, so it's a bad idea to judge activity at CP based on ATH's.

CP is dead. Long live CP!

I like it but I am waiting for the mission rebalancing (4500/5000).

I like it lots aswell, but I am also waiting for the rebalance

Joking aside, I don't understand why the extra tax on LA's has to come out of our pockets and not shared from MA's profit :scratch2:

Kinda figured that's the way it already worked, at least I have never noticed any dif in returns compared to taxed and un-taxed areas.

509.21 ped run dome 2 with x1 Dante, 54% return. Maybe this is why cp is dead? With no more hope of personal loot pool why keep trying?

First before you get upset I like CP and I hunt there. Not all the time but when I feel that I can afford to. I have had good and bad runs just like anywhere else so no biggie.

One of the reasons that I go there is to try and loot an Emik X5(L) or, with no chance, an X5 UL. That is what got me to thinking. An X5(L) has a full value of 450 ped, so it takes a real good global or decesent HOF to get a full one IMO. The UL version 20542 ped which takes a good HOF just to get one. So I got looking at ATHs, which I feel is the about the best way to get an UL one (Thats just what I think so save your thises and thats for another time as it is not an arguing point) and found something interesting. The last ATH at CP was 5/2011, the one before that was 1/2010, then two in 2009, four in 2008, eight in 2007 and five in 2006. It looks to be on a down hill to me and I wouldn't like that.

When I first started playing it seems every now and then I would see a good HOF from CP and I saw a 51K ATH, as I recall, also, but lately I haven't seen much at all from CP. I was off for a couple of months and then have been playing for the last couple of months again and only remember one 30K HOF since I have been back.

Anyway just my observation tell what you think.

BTW CP is the only place to get an X5 either an L or UL.

Your info about ATH's is incorrect. Here is a list of the Uber hofs from 2010, and the list for 2011. Those are the hofs of 10k+ peds. Over 2x 10k ped hof each month as an avg. In this time there have been 5 ATH's, not 2. Each week there is several 1k+ hofs on both mobs there.

The reason it may not seem like as many ATH's as in the past... is because Proteron, Leviathian, mulmun Elite, Longtooth, Hydra etc etc... All the high HP mobs from RT, and then after that from Arkadia. These mobs with HUGE hp have kind of dominated the ATH list since. Also the smallest ATH on the list these days is much bigger than it was 2+ years ago. If you check the uber hof lists, there have been many 30k hofs which would have been ATH's in the past, but because the minimum value is higher now, they didn't achieve that status. The same comparison can be made with crafting ATH's. There was a time when it was filled with all sorts of various items. But once "condition" crafting was introduced, it pushed off almost every normal ATH off that list, and we are left with an ATH list of full condition hofs.

As far trying to loot X5 (L)s... Kreltin are the best bet. (Osseoc, and Seg also drop this gun btw) You'd need to get a global of ~250 sized peds to have a good shot at it. They also drop HL18, which need a 200+ sized global to loot. Of all the X5 UL's ingame, they were all looted on CP in the past. No info if any have been looted more recently, but that's not to say they have a zero chance anymore. You can loot X5 L, HL18 L, and LR59 L, any of those have a rare chance to drop UL version. Since the min TT of those guns is in the 8-12ktt range, you'd need to get an uber hof around that size. To compare in the past if you wanted to loot UL version of SiB weapon, there was just X5 chance. Now you have a chance at any of those 3 (X5, HL18, LR59), just need a nice hof and a lot of luck. :)

No reply to the statements about taxes?

I never even knew it was untaxed at one time... wow

I love going there, but it is usually costly... armor decay and a lot of
*pew* *pew*
but I get mad skill gains, have some of the most global per kill percentage, it's very time efficient, and great rewards.

It's a friggin palace ;):laugh:

What he said ...

Angel

90% return?? Id love to know who is getting that. I hunt cp a lot and get between 50 to 60% returns. I am lvl 73blp sniper and over 10k rifle skill.

I love going there, but it is usually costly... armor decay and a lot of
*pew* *pew*
but I get mad skill gains, have some of the most global per kill percentage, it's very time efficient, and great rewards.

It's a friggin palace ;):laugh:

Crone seconds this.

90% return?? Id love to know who is getting that. I hunt cp a lot and get between 50 to 60% returns. I am lvl 73blp sniper and over 10k rifle skill.

I get it pretty much all the time, even when I was skilling up the apis with beast.

Imho, the biggest problems with profitting on cp is armor decay and death. I see a lot of people just wade in and take on like 4+ at a time. After I got my bravo, about 90% of the monsters I kill there are one on one, and so my decay and deaths decreased. My death rate has also decreased. I would guess that dying during a fight and having to go back and finish the monster costs around 1-2 ped extra in additional ammo. But, people still take on multiple monsters all the time, so they must also be profitting. On 400 ped ammo with apis/beast, I usually pay about 20 ped decay on grem/5b. I paid 60 ped with jag/5b, but I killed twice as many because of the lack of deaths and less need for fapping. On krelt, I pay about 6 ped per 400 ammo, either grem or jag.

Re: no ath's: I know joker and beni both hit 25k low aurli this year, I believe there was a third one. For something like 3 months in a row there were 20k+ aurlis every month. My last trip, I hit a 100+ ped esi off a krelt.

re: travel cost: now it's 7ped to tp down to caly. Like 10 output amps will pay for the trip already.

Last edited:
My view on it..
I did aurli iron quest & was about break even with 1 hof of 2345 ped I think it was & a few 100 ped esi's.
When I did the bronze quest I lost about 2500 ped after markup but didn't get a hof over 1000 ped, & like in dome 1 a few bigger esi's. I must confess that my evade lvl wasn't high enough to my likings to do the bronze so that prolly affected the bronze result.. With adj fapper for decay only I paid about 15% defense cost :nurse:
I think I can say that the skillrewards of these 2 quests def. covered my losses.

I also had a nice kreltin ATH of 36.6k ped (mature) & I think that was the last krelt ATH also.
Sadly enough all muscle oil ;)

THE reason for not being popular is: aurli bone

1) Before 1 aurli bone = 60 PED (1000% markup)
Now aurli bone = TT food
Why? because Auktuma needed those for 5b plates which were extremely f.o.t.m. for years and considered a must have and cost TT+500 EACH !!! And main "ingredient" which was lacking and needed to be looted by someone "uber" was - aurli bone which dropped ONLY on CP ofc

Then we go to... ESI, before 1000%, now 590%

And last but not least ------- TAX, amazing tax on everything there is.

You see - this made CP from "uber" paradise where they got their bills paid by huge markups into decay-fest kinda meh mob place.

Did I explain it properly?

Why would anyone go to CP? Whats there these days except bigger decay bill on your armor due to 2x attack speed of alien mobs...

I.

509.21 ped run dome 2 with x1 Dante, 54% return. Maybe this is why cp is dead? With no more hope of personal loot pool why keep trying?

finally got some free time for another quick run.

630 ped spent 750 out with some decent mu this time. for a total return of 89.99% before tax. Still not believing no loot or spending tracked.

and I prefer less people to compete with, so please stay away people.

Your info about ATH's is incorrect. Here is a list of the Uber hofs from 2010, and the list for 2011. Those are the hofs of 10k+ peds. Over 2x 10k ped hof each month as an avg. In this time there have been 5 ATH's, not 2. Each week there is several 1k+ hofs on both mobs there.

The reason it may not seem like as many ATH's as in the past... is because Proteron, Leviathian, mulmun Elite, Longtooth, Hydra etc etc... All the high HP mobs from RT, and then after that from Arkadia. These mobs with HUGE hp have kind of dominated the ATH list since. Also the smallest ATH on the list these days is much bigger than it was 2+ years ago. If you check the uber hof lists, there have been many 30k hofs which would have been ATH's in the past, but because the minimum value is higher now, they didn't achieve that status. The same comparison can be made with crafting ATH's. There was a time when it was filled with all sorts of various items. But once "condition" crafting was introduced, it pushed off almost every normal ATH off that list, and we are left with an ATH list of full condition hofs.

As far trying to loot X5 (L)s... Kreltin are the best bet. (Osseoc, and Seg also drop this gun btw) You'd need to get a global of ~250 sized peds to have a good shot at it. They also drop HL18, which need a 200+ sized global to loot. Of all the X5 UL's ingame, they were all looted on CP in the past. No info if any have been looted more recently, but that's not to say they have a zero chance anymore. You can loot X5 L, HL18 L, and LR59 L, any of those have a rare chance to drop UL version. Since the min TT of those guns is in the 8-12ktt range, you'd need to get an uber hof around that size. To compare in the past if you wanted to loot UL version of SiB weapon, there was just X5 chance. Now you have a chance at any of those 3 (X5, HL18, LR59), just need a nice hof and a lot of luck. :)

I sorry but my ATH list is not incorrect as I went through the entire ATH list, uber HOFs are not ATHs. Anyway I am glad to see that big hofs are still around, thanks for that info and also thanks for T5(L) info on Kreltin.

I sorry but my ATH list is not incorrect as I went through the entire ATH list, uber HOFs are not ATHs. Anyway I am glad to see that big hofs are still around, thanks for that info and also thanks for T5(L) info on Kreltin.

The ATH list changes as bigger ATH's are added to the list, pushing out others. The list of ubers was hofs over 10k+ inside that list, was the exact amount, time, and date stamps of the 5 ATH's from the last 2 years.

The ATH list currently probably only has 2 left on it, as the hofs on the CP mobs aren't as big since not the massive amount of hp of the new high hp mobs. In the last 2 years the ATH list is dominated by leviathans and proterons and several event mobs.

It's also difficult to sell loot. So have to travel back to calypso to sell

Well 3k peds didn't last me more than a couple of days, then I was forced back down to sell.
I would have quite happily stayed, my loot was good.

Admittedly I did not go prepared, I had just bought my ship and was flying around space for a look, and decided to pop to CP :ahh:

and when I say prepared, I think my ped card balance needed to be 5k+ just to get a longer stay, I wouldn't rely (one can hope) on hitting a decent hof early on.

The confidence in high markup items is on hold. Once a Ressurection chip sold for 24k, now it has no bids at 10k! Once Angel sets start selling for 16k we will be back to 2005 prices....

Not sure that's a bad thing tbh, mod fap, imk2, etc, I see why they are valued high although I thought it was getting a bit ridiculous a few years ago. I don't really see any reason Angel should be worth more than 16k tbh. And resurrection chip, apart from a rental service to people unlocking deadspeak, what use does it really have?

Why would anyone go to CP? Whats there these days except bigger decay bill on your armor due to 2x attack speed of alien mobs...

Because Das has indicated the markup there is still decent enough - alongside iron mission reward - to grind a good chunk of skills for little outlay.

Back