Is Entropia a game? Thoughts and debates about fun.

Your opinion only matters IF i care what you think. Till then It's what I want it to be !

If you think this way you are wrong, sorry.

How debating about something, and sharing opinions can be something bad?

The opposite is. You think its like that so you don't care about how others do.

or : I want to TALK about that, and you don't want to. Whatever happens makes you a looser. Because you refused to talk your opinion won't be public and nobody will care if you are happy or not.

OEvoVXT.jpg

So what should this couple do ?

Reactions: San
OEvoVXT.jpg

They should realize that, regardless of their mule issues, the road they are on is not the one that leads to their destination.

This is off topic mate, and of course this couple should talk with the others and share their point of view.

This is how things evoluate...

if you keep everything for you, you are not oging forward, yes there is a society and no you are not alone in the world, there will always be people who think differently.

One's opinion is not worth more than someone else's.

One's opinion is not worth more than someone else's.

And thats exactly why i dont care how this game platform is defined ;) Good night :yup:

And thats exactly why i dont care how this game platform is defined ;) Good night :yup:

And now what you just wrote shows that you read only the title of the thread. At least if you had read a bit the edited OP, or some of the last posts in the thread, you would have realized this is actually not the subject.

remembering how you played few years ago in the rig, killing people for fun, im sure youve got an opinion on the fighting gameplay at least, and certainly many ideas on how to improve it or maybe you are just happy with it right now and you also can tell it.

Is Entropia a Game? Thoughts and debates about fun

Based on my understanding Entropia is for the professional user and is based in Belgium . It is a a digital mobile telecommunications network company. Others considered these a game while others not because it involves money. Players may buy in game currency and this Entropia uses a micro payment business model. I just hope, I'm making sense about this:)

Based on my understanding Entropia is for the professional user and is based in Belgium . It is a a digital mobile telecommunications network company. Others considered these a game while others not because it involves money. Players may buy in game currency and this Entropia uses a micro payment business model. I just hope, I'm making sense about this:)
Holy cow! :laugh:
Well at least u got the freely convertible ingame currency and microtransaction part right. That's a start.

Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction.

"A game is a system in which players engage in an artificial conflict, defined by rules, that results in a quantifiable outcome." (Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman)

"A game is a form of art in which participants, termed players, make decisions in order to manage resources through game tokens in the pursuit of a goal." (Greg Costikyan) According to this definition, some "games" that do not involve choices, such as Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, and War are not technically games any more than a slot machine is.

A game’s tools and rules will result in its requiring skill, strategy, luck, or a combination thereof, and are classified accordingly.

Games of chance include gambling games (blackjack, mah-jongg, roulette, etc.), as well as snakes and ladders and rock, paper, scissors;

Entropia Universe Genre(s) - Massively multiplayer online role-playing game, first-person shooter.

Technically it's a game, but

it'sjust a game? Or is it real? Or its it both? The reality of the truth is.. all of the above

Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction.

"A game is a system in which players engage in an artificial conflict, defined by rules, that results in a quantifiable outcome." (Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman)

"A game is a form of art in which participants, termed players, make decisions in order to manage resources through game tokens in the pursuit of a goal." (Greg Costikyan) According to this definition, some "games" that do not involve choices, such as Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, and War are not technically games any more than a slot machine is.

A game’s tools and rules will result in its requiring skill, strategy, luck, or a combination thereof, and are classified accordingly.

Games of chance include gambling games (blackjack, mah-jongg, roulette, etc.), as well as snakes and ladders and rock, paper, scissors;

Entropia Universe Genre(s) - Massively multiplayer online role-playing game, first-person shooter.

Technically it's a game, but

"I do not start wars... I finish them.." --Benjamin Ben Coyote

AxeMurderer, I'm going to finish what you started. Hopeully some people will listen, some won't .. and those who do , might take note here, this isn't about you or what you do in real life.. it's how you take your real life experiences and then take this into a situation taht can and does often spiral out of contrl..
So with that. I'm goint to take a deep breath , count to ten and let it out nice and slow

*Takes Deep Brereath, Counts from one to ten, and lets it out slowly.*

Now first off Entropia Universe was designed to be a game, it was supposed to be fun, but sadly over the last 12 years the game has gone from a nice social atmospehre where players should ahve fun and has spiraaled completely out of control, to the point that if people went into the bathroom, looked themselves square in teh eye, and said, "Gee, did I do that?" it would literally fry their own brains.. and for some people their brains are already fried..(With a side of bacon).

Now thoeretically a game is supposed to e fun, and not stressful.. it should be enjoyable, wher eyou meet nice people, and even related to them and they could enjoy the game together.. and in fact note the one word.. Together..

But sadly as of late, I've seen a lot of Negative emotions and actions in this game. I mean seriously peple.. get a clue.. You're a reasoning human being here, not some pixels formatted on a screen and you can hide behind jsut so that you can feel powerful.. (and yes some of the people in thie game have ego trips.. and xes to grind.. they tend to not care who they hurt or inflict stress upon (Now then see what I jsut said? Stress? )

A game should never be stressful.. IN fact I've talked to a few players who have asked me some seirous questions about EU, lik ehOw do I play this game? This game has no manual , and even though I have to say that some players do make good tutorials, and some of them quite wlel I might add (and I give kudos to those who actually do this to HELP the player.. Many players don't think of this as a game.. To them it's a way to get quick money or to inflict either spsychological or verbal abuse on another player (Note what I jsut said..)

Players should be kind, players should treat players with respect for one another, and players should make friends, and in some cases find romance if they so choose.. and yes while society has difference around the wold and has a wide diveersity of cultures, what we get are a bunch of Control freaks, bullies, and anti-socials who want to hide behind an avatar just so that they can feel like they are in control when they are really not.. and sometims Real life takes a real front seat to their lives. Illness, bad fortune, and even sadness ofent occur in real life (This is because we live in a technologically advanced word.. yet a lot of times we have control freaks and anti-socials who enter this game jsut so that they can push someone's buttons..

The issue of taht picture a few posts back shows an example of what and how our society acts today.. Oh sure look back a hundred or so years and back then we had our miscreants, and our anti-soicals back then, but they didn't have the one thing we have now.. and that is anonimity.

We like to hide behend our avatars, and we tend to feel powerful. We tend to think we're in control and yet we are not.. Let me relate a story i heard from some good friends a few years back...

There was a plaeyr (And i forget their name) who actually was playing their avatar at one time very nicely, they tend to start off like this.. But then, he started to throw out negative actions that some of our community deem "Anti-social.." He stole lied and cheated.. He was in complete control of his Virtual world..

But in reality.. his real world one day was interrupted when he imself was robbed.. his apartment ramsacked and his life turned upside down.. and suddenly, he realized that even though this is a game, reality game him a nice hard smack to the face.. and he was the one who went from beng the all powerful person in a game to a victim in rel life.. and maybe that's why he quit.. He didn't want ot face the fact and the guilt that he was causing harm..(or maybe he figured outt that what he was doing in a virtual world could come around and happan eot ihim..

I'm going to relate another story right here and now.. I am a teacher and i try to communicate to players and explan how this game works, I try to encourage them to socialize and to actually try to make new friends, to learn about others, and to talke to them.. I do this a lot, and when a conflict arises I ususally tend to talk to at least one of the people who is causing the problems.. and someitimes it's asimple as a simplemisunderstanding..

But then some of th firend sI have in game do have real life issues , and in fact One of them was a disciple I am still teaching.. Sure he hasn't progress far, but then just a few days ago, i found outthat he was now living on the street, totally homeless. and he does have caring friends in game.. (and in fact I'm going to tell them what is going on.. (Sure some people say, "Gee I'm sorry to hear that," but when they are put in the same boat, people don't care what happens to them...or maybe they do..

The point of a game as I stated before is to be fun.. it's supposed to be enjoyable.. but sadly this game has in a way taken the joy and fun in and out of the game and has then caused ti to be in real life.. And I should know.. Last yer at this time,. I was in the hospital suffering from a blood clot to the leg, and in fact it was a seriousl life threating type of one.. the kind that could kill you faster than an injection of rattlesnake venom..

and for hte last year I've sturggled and fought in real life.. I've nearly stopped breting, I suffer from a multitude of actual physical issues, the one beig that I have very low vision.. Just recently I had a fall in the middle of a street, and a guy who was driving ignored a woman's pleas to stop and not run over me.. and yet he was ignorant, he didn't care who he hurt.. (Yet this woman was kind enugh to help me, and evn offered to drive me to my residence even though I lived less than a half a block where i fell..)

Th epoint is.. people in this game get behinc their computers and tend to try and act out and lash out in negative forms.. They tend to be rude, crrass, impatient, insensitive, and jsut down right anti-social.. but many are not.. They're kind, careing patient, and very social in this game.. Sure sometimes it feel slike they don't want to talk to you, but then you get to understand that real life and in game life might be a point wher ehtey can't be interrupted, or that they are too focused on a challenge..

But let's get back to the issue of is this game fun? It could be provided that people tend to frget this one thing.. and that thing is perhaps the ultimate vide of this game.. and that is of coure money..

Granted, we all want to be rich (and i will related antoehr story anotehr time, if people wan to thear it out, or not), but the thing is I'd just be satisified to living comforably...

And now i'm going to relate another story, and here's one that doesn't have a happy ending..

I was daig a nice girl and she was i fact my girst girlfirend, she had a family who at the tgime was completely dysfunciton, except for one of her adopted brothers.. now this guy was a hard worker, he wouldn't hurt a fly.. and then one day, he won a lot of money in a lottery.. something in the order of six digits (and i'm not refeing to the additional two digits at the end of the dheck either..)

The end of this story isn't as happy.. While this person was in fact helpful and kind, he started to run with the wrong croowd, people who were anti-social and down right mean, and they wanted him to do tings tht he didn't or rather wshould hve known (tha tweere wrong..)

The end of this story like i said isn't happy nor pretty.. and this is because of.. yep you guessed it.. money..

Where is this brother right now/ This kind caring person who wouldn't harm a fly? Well .. He's sitting in a maximum security prison, living out the rest of the days of his life, without the possiblity of ever leavng the prsion.. and yet inside he's respected. He's a big bad person, after all he killed 2 people in cold blood, and you know why? All in the name of .. Money..

Tht's the real danger of this game.. the money angle.. and our society both in and out of game thrives on it..

But wait, Ben You say, "We need to lvie with money.."

I have to reply.. Yes , yes we do.. For everythng in thi sworld costs money.. everyting from the clothes we wear, to the food we eat, to the toilet paper we have to use to wipe our bum.. everything in thi sworld costs money..

and tht's where this game has gone.. It's gone form being a game that had all the positive aspects in game and has become a world where it's become somewhat anti-social, somewhat Greedy, and somewhat ignorant..
(At least for those who are focusing on the cash and not the people..)

I wills tate this.. Back in 2008 when I came into the "Old" Game, people wer ea lot more sociale.. they didn't have many beefs or ocmplaints.. everyone was actually queite content..

Then came.. "The bad Apples.." The peeople who are control freaks who focus too much on the cassh and in some cases are anti-social and uncaring.. they don't want ot hunt in teams or socialize..

The end result is that this game is slowly not being fun anymore..and that's the ting.. It could be but it is slowly getting to the point where we hardly go a day without someone complainig how bad the game is.. That their loot is bad, their returns are bad, they don't try to even focus on the un, or the socialization.. they tend to focus on the moey..

Now do me a favor, and this is a simple request form a humble and quiet man who likes to talk a lot..

Be socialable.. enjoy the game, don't worry about the money.. After ll I see this game as a fun way to relax.. to enjoy the fun, and to above all show your true selves.. (Hey if you want to be anti-social Go out to a bar, tet drunk, insult a few men and women, beat up a few bikers, and innocent bystanders.and have the police haul you off in cuggs...

Me? I tend to look at this game as a way to talk to people to socialize and in fact to enjoy the relaxation of hte sounds in the open country side, the bird chirping in the trees, and above all the quiet desert winds you can hear.. I don't looke at this as a way to make money.. Hardly.. I look at this way to do things.. To challenge myself and to have fun.. (Hey can anyone climb a mountain in Real life? Live off the land in real life? Gone up againt dangerous critters like Mountain lions, bears, vicius dogs, in real life? No? Okay then you aren't being real...

Yes this is a game, but it's people inside the game who make it this way, the rude and insensitive ones help desotroy the game, the kind and caring ones built it up.. It's a form of Yin and Yang, a form of being nice to our fellow men and women or to think you are big and bad and ending up bieng alienated..

After al people are the real reason this game is here, they want to have fun, share new experiences and to take up new challenges (and yes i challenge myself each day, inncluding writing this article.) (And if you think it's too long, then I'm sorry, I just had to getthis off my chest.. It's my observations in game that make me who I am.. I observe note things, study people .. their cultuers, their actions their emotions, and yes , this is both positivie and negative in both aspects..

Now look, this is a game right? But society has taken this game way tooo far. It's time to reign in and be a bit more socialable.. Some of you who act the way you are in this forum someitems show us your real colors here.. some ar ejust play acting.. and evenI a real life blind guy can tell you that if you could see what I her, you'd be amazed, shocked sickened, angry and upset, you also will alugh and cry and even do some deep thoght.. and hopefull when all is said and done, myaybe you should go out there and look at yourselves i teh moirror and start to think deeply.. what have i done right in this game.. what have I done worng.. Should I be sociable and friendly Or should I be anti-social and a bit of a recluse..

In closing, it's people who make this game.. each and every one of us., And it's how we act that makes this more like the real world.. and less like a game.. (It's kind of ironic that a person who told me once that this is his real life and the real world is "The Matix kind of made me stop and think.. has he gone into espcapsim too far? And in others I see another person who is so antisocial that he would blast someone out of the skies and call them a pathetic pilot.. It would be intersting to se ehow they would react if a person handed them a flip side to their virutal lives and said, "Put this in the real world" .. watch their reactions, gauge their emotions..

It's ironic that this is just a gmae.. but for some the game as becoe rality and for other sthe reality is just a game.. To me? It's just life.. and in the end, when all is said and done, and you die.. therre is one big difference between this game and real life..

Cause in real life, there is no remvival terminal.. Seirously there isn't..

That's all I have to say, let's see wht people do with this..

(Cpl) Benjamin 'Ben" Coytoe , IFN Military
a.k.a "The (Real life) Blind Sniper." (And) "His_Dog_Spot".

Ben the way people act in this game is driven by the way the devs want to make their game evolve.

the fact is that in 10 years there has been so many changes in the RCE thing, new items, planet partners, etc
and so few improvementsi n the gameplay (vehicles, useless space, now taming back, and thats almost all?)

now what we've got?

has someone never seen people saying : "why should i hunt? no reason anymore because you can't anymore break even ! loot is bad, mu is bad !"

that is the proof people does not hunt for the fun of hunting but only for the loot.

and that is where MA should work !

If they had improved all the physics, the game mechanics etc instead of just adding stuff imagine how the game would look. It would be awesome. And people would actually play for money but also for fun.

I play it for the money, and of course i do. There are too many better games out there where i got my fun. I play them.
The gaming community is really vast, thats not a random thing if the EU players are so few.

Last edited:
Don;t blame MA , don't blame the PP, start with yourself in the mirror and work from there..

Ben the way people act in this game is driven by the way the devs want to make their game evolve.

the fact is that in 10 years there has been so many changes in the RCE thing, new items, planet partners, etc
and so few improvementsi n the gameplay (vehicles, useless space, now taming back, and thats almost all?)

now what we've got?

has someone never seen people saying : "why should i hunt? no reason anymore because you can't anymore break even ! loot is bad, mu is bad !"

that is the proof people does not hunt for the fun of hunting but only for the loot.

and that is where MA should work !

If they had improved all the physics, the game mechanics etc instead of just adding stuff imagine how the game would look. It would be awesome. And people would actually play for money but also for fun.

I play it for the money, and of course i do. There are too many better games out there where i got my fun. I play them.
The gaming community is really vast, thats not a random thing if the EU players are so few.

Ah, but let me point out osme flaws in this logic, and I woul dlike to first begin by something you just said.. and I'll high light it in your own words..

First of all you comememtn about loot being bad. Loot is bad if you make poor choices use the wrong guns and armor and even if you do breeak even the second part (The MU is bad!) is really not a fult of Mindark, but instead the fault of the palayer..

Yes and this is where I'm going to offends some players and make others sit up and take notice..

First off the palayers in teh game determine the MU by what they "Feel' is a proper price, even though it is wrong. The reality of this game is that there are two factors.. and i think everyone here has over looked them..

First of all it's all about "Bulk" and by Bulk I'm refering to quantity.. Players do have to gather a large amount of loot, or craft a large number of items (either of the smae or vaarying types0 in order to try and sell them in Bulk (For example. Look on any of the AH's and what isthe Usual quantity you see. It's ususally about 1K or more.. And I doulbe you or anyone would want to go out and try to get 1K of anything.. So you put it on in a sammler amount and thus you raise the MU, you put it in bulks of larger than say 10K and you lower the price.. So pleease, do not blame MA for Bad MU, it's the player who does that.. even though ithe amount is rounded off to the nearest ped..

Now as fo rthe second par of this exact problem, you have to go no further than the movie Wall Street where a crertai movie character by the name of Morgan Gecko sayds that 'Greed is good". the turh be told, Players who actually put their prices up too high so that no one can afford to buy ithe product usually get penalized with lost auction fees, and players who wan't to buy becdauase of a multitude oof player issues, Low wages from sweating, and players who try to remove players from the game by actually given them foso little for teh MU that is being shown..(and this comes back to the ore andenmat buers as well as the sweat resellers.. frankly you shouold be a little more open with your purse strings rather then pinching pennies .. If you are going to give a player a good deal then do so, don't be cheap.. and above all here's my motto in the game..

"Sales do count even if they are a ped less than the competition, because the economics of Mass Consumption and Mass Production always ballance out profit in the end..

Now then as for ht esecond comment , th one about that MA should work on the problem the reality is, woul dyou like to give up your avaqtar and want to work for them? In fact is there anyone here that is a game programmer or a game designer? no? Then please be quiet.. after all dwe're payig for this game.. but then I woul dlike to counter furhter with a statement that players do not report bugs as they should.. and in fact that further detracts from teh game.. (And in fact it's these lack of reports that actually hurts a game.. and doesn't help it.. After all we're the beta testers even though the game is supposedly "Gold"

So if you do spot a problem in game, report it.. and i mean eveyne who sees this shouldn';t take that to make financial gain.. they should intstea dplay fair and honest. that's a sure fire way to keep your reputation afloat..

Now as the third issus aqbou thow the Players are so few and far in between. well do yo uwant to know who puts these players out of game.. (Refer back two paragraphs ago, when I commented about how players price paleyrs out of exsitance.. and then this actually is part of th eproblem..

Imagine if you will you force a player out of game.. and this gameer wanted to actually invest into this game not fo rthe ped, but instead for the fun.. I came in it for hte fun, and the challenge of this.. but you force a player out of game by keeping them from playing and from discouraging them, then this goes back to the first problem.. and then you can brand yourself a hypogrite... because thanks to payers who do try to play and help optehrs, othes are so tight with their money that you can actually see the claws pinching the pennies..

An RCE should actually be the way that a real world economy is supposed to work.. (You want to know why America was a power house in teh 1950's till the 1970's ? It was because people knew economics. and in fact that's the hting.. Most players today don't know how to budget, they don't know how not to use a calculator to check their math that they do in their head.. and above all They thing just like Mr. Gecko from the Movie Wall Street.. That greed is good. Hate to break it to you Eldaii, and all the rest who are reading this post. But it's the player who ruins the players fun.. not Mind ark..

Now as for the problems of physics and issues tha tcould make the game more fun? My quewsstion is, and goes back to the fact that players do not report these issues. And sure you claim that MA doesn't listen they actually do.. and they do so if pleople all see a problem at the same time and report it.. but sadly most plaeyrs in game DO NOT report it.. period.. They don't even bother to try and report the bugs.. so if MA doesn't know abou tit, how can they fix it/ (And this goes back to a story that did happen in game back in 2010 till mid 2011.. And it involved a certain place in calypso that acutally had nO defense tgurreets around it.. and yes, I did report it.. Seven times.. and sure they didn't respond becauseof the fact that I am only 1 player that reported it. just 1.. did anyone els ereport it? No.. they did nothing.. they thought it was safe.. that is until some other players decided to ruin their fun by dragging in an areaneatrox just so that they could get evade..

It's funny that this story does have a happy ending though.. and in fact this happened at the end of the Spring Migration and the time of the Atrox Qqueen event.. and this is where some player had done what i said. they broguth an araneatrox into the ara and without no defense turrets paleyrs who had teleported into the service center theree could not get to the tP. (and many of these so called "uber and high end players were grumbling about how they were tuck.. and Yes I had jumped in from antoehr area and got killedf but after i respawned.. I make a simple casual statement.. that statement was this..

"Excuse me but can I have some one tell me that they've sent i a bug report on this case/ I already have, but sadly no one was behind me.. and thus this is your own problem.. now if you want your decay to stop, I highly suggest that you send i a support cae and tell them about this problem.. an the more you do, the \quicker this will be done..

Within a vu this problem was resolvued and Minopolis is a much happier place..

Another time I actually had heard people complain about an issue with notification when they got a request with a Knock knock sound.. and at first people were startled about it, and I bet a few people complained abou thta t..

So MA did what they were told and guess what? Sales and trades in game between players wend down, teams never were formed. Society invites were missed. I was with a soc, and my people listened to me, I todl them that they should send in a case.. And it suddenly dawned on them that i was right.. that without this sound, nothig was geting done, and people and even MA was losing money.. (See folks, This is why I go back to the issue of saying, if you see a bug report it.. period..

Now then as for the comment abou thow and i quote. "If MA had only done thi sor that, then wthis camewould be more fun.. again refer back to the bug reports.. if you don't want to make the time, then you have no one to blame abou tlosing oyour own fun, than yourself.. Also if you don't like the game, and think that other games ar ebetter, then let's be honest, there are 2 games i know of that have more players in them than EU does, and in fact one of them has Poorer graphics than this game.. And I won'tname names but when you have 21 million people playing that game aand having fun and even are workingtogether to do thing evn on their own personalized servers.. well then, that company that developed that game must be doing something right.. and in fact even though they ahve been bought out and taken over by a multi-billion dollar comapny that we all kno wwith our own nine letter word that stars in M an dends in T, that this game tha thas 21 million players isn't goingg to die off any time soons.. Now as for hti sgame? It's really up to the players to decide..

Which ten bring me up to my final point.. and that is the human interaction and psyche it'self... Many humans Do want to have fun.. I enjoyu this game and the money is a side benefit.. but it's the fun that matters where .. Bu tthen ou have to deal with a world wehre some people tend to take their problems into the game, and then lash out on others who are just trying to have fun.. I mean how many times have you seen people yelling in this game complainig abou tthings tha tare so trivial that it makes you wonder.. why are they in this game? They are just someitmes ruining it for themselves. andfor others, and thy're not making brownie points in anyone's books. Of course there ar e those who are in fact the ones who jsut focus too much on the money, and not enough on the game.. they focus on given people grief and jsut so that they can feel powerful.. and sadly this is what turns most players off to this game.. Not the company, but rather the players themselves..

After all Games are supposed to be fun, they are a way we are supposed to socialize, and if anyone think s that they can prove that they can get rich, then I'll be sure to send you a pair of tickets to Carneige hall.. Oh and what was that joke agin? The one about Carniege hall? It's abou thow you get their..

The answer is practice, practice and more practice.. That'swhat a game is.. it's a game of Competency, it's a game about Authomy, the ability to make choices, and gove all it's how we realte to people..(and believe me I'm not the only guy here who is handicapped.. I know of at least 2 other players who are jsut af bad of fas i am ..(One has a similar eye problem to mine, and another i know who is a good friend.. flies his ships and drives his cars.. with his feet..

Now then if that doesn't show really who the players aeally are who are having fun, then I don't know what does.. After al this is how we learn to adapt.. and that's antehr issue with the plaeyrs.. they never an adapt to this game.. or they try and fail miserably.. now then if you think you are a bunch of hot shot players, try to hunt with a maginifier on to see your targe.. or better yet try to hunt without sight completely.. or better yet go watch "If you could see what I hear.." ( The acotr i that movie showed us tht even handicapped players can play this game.. and enjoy fun.. that is.. until someone else ruins it for us..)

Now then.. in closing i say this.. Forget about the money for a moment.. and stop and think.. what if this was a game tha tdidn't have na RCE In it/ And i Mean it's like any other game? Then try to compare it to any other MMORPG, and realize one thing.. we the players control this.. but if we don't say anything or do anything,, it's our own fault for bad loot, If we treat people with disrespect, and hurt their feelings then you jsut punished yourself.. in short, the golden rule said "Do unto others as they would do unto you.." It's a pretty goood rule.. and I treat people with resect , even if they don't do the same iwth me..

So then, I'm pretty much done with my arguments here.. now if soeone wants to complain about it, please do send inthat support case the next time you find it.. and have your friends do it too.. might save yourself a lot of grief.. and with that.. Coyote over and out..

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coyote , IFn Miiltary
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" (and ) "His_Dog_Spot"

Oh and as a final note, I love to teach the fun side of this game. . especially this game.. so for any o f you who call yourself mentors, do me a favor.. start teaching.. okay? Cause you're giving your high school and collee teachers a bad name:wise:

Ah, but let me point out osme flaws in this logic, and I woul dlike to first begin by something you just said.. and I'll high light it in your own words..

First of all you comememtn about loot being bad. Loot is bad if you make poor choices use the wrong guns and armor and even if you do breeak even the second part (The MU is bad!) is really not a fult of Mindark, but instead the fault of the palayer..

you based all that on a misunderstanding.

The comments from people saying loot is bad was just an example (yes an example coz we all have seen that many times on this forum or IG) to point out that players play the game more for money than for the fun of gameplay !

and its OF COURSE because of MA developping only RCE systems and selling new asteroids & planets : that is clear enough, they welcomed the investors and said good bye to true gamers.

ask someone playing counter strike (for example, ofc CS isnt a mmo but there are other exemples ok.) if the shooting system is good or fun in EU? he's gonna laugh at you ! and this is the main point of this topic : GAMEPLAY

Now then.. in closing i say this.. Forget about the money for a moment.. and stop and think.. what if this was a game tha tdidn't have na RCE In it/ And i Mean it's like any other game?

read my posts, you will understand ALL what i said before is about that !

If RCE is gone, I leave and i play other game (what i already do but im still playing a bit EU with hope for changes) because EU's active gameplay has nothing to offer compared to other games !

Are you saying that with RCE gone, you would continue to click on mobs 1000+ times a day and watch the autoclick shoot every 2 seconds at the mob you clicked on?
and repeat this again and again to get loot that has no value.

humm. seems like a work, you have very special tastes.
And even more when you know that with another game you would actually choose the way you are fighting, with dynamic gameplay, moves, impacts on mobs, physics, etc.
+ ALL THAT YOU SAID, you know you can do this in another game you know it, don't you?

now stop the off topic thank you.

Last edited:
you based all that on a misunderstanding.

The comments from people saying loot is bad was just an example (yes an example coz we all have seen that many times on this forum or IG) to point out that players play the game more for money than for the fun of gameplay !

and its OF COURSE because of MA developping only RCE systems and selling new asteroids & planets : that is clear enough, they welcomed the investors and said good bye to true gamers.

ask someone playing counter strike (for example, ofc CS isnt a mmo but there are other exemples ok.) if the shooting system is good or fun in EU? he's gonna laugh at you ! and this is the main point of this topic : GAMEPLAY

read my posts, you will understand ALL what i said before is about that !

If RCE is gone, I leave and i play other game (what i already do but im still playing a bit EU with hope for changes) because EU's active gameplay has nothing to offer compared to other games !

Are you saying that with RCE gone, you would continue to click on mobs 1000+ times a day and watch the autoclick shoot every 2 seconds at the mob you clicked on?
and repeat this again and again to get loot that has no value.

humm. seems like a work, you have very special tastes.
And even more when you know that with another game you would actually choose the way you are fighting, with dynamic gameplay, moves, impacts on mobs, physics, etc.
+ ALL THAT YOU SAID, you know you can do this in another game you know it, don't you?

now stop the off topic thank you.

Well. The point Of EU is the RCE and that's why people are here.

Your comparisons are invalid.

I tried to play CS which you talk so much about but I stopped because the resource gathering system sucked and no matter how many times I set of the bomb I wouldn't get a single claim.

Well. The point Of EU is the RCE and that's why people are here.

Your comparisons are invalid.

I tried to play CS which you talk so much about but I stopped because the resource gathering system sucked and no matter how many times I set of the bomb I wouldn't get a single claim.

Well.

One of my questions were :

would a better gameplay bring more players to EU? more player retention?

you think no? tell me why then.

of course RCE is the main thing in EU. did i say the opposite? can you really read properly?

I know my english is far from perfect but still, i think ive been clear enough

but well its clear enough that you can't stand what im saying, also. "CS which you talk so much about" - woaw ! nice, i talked about it in one post, the post you just answered.

I can't understand why people need to be aggressive.

can't you just say that in your opinion, gameplay has not to be improved, because you think RCE is really enough for a game like EU. thats clear, that's enough, no need to talk like you do.

there are people who have ideas, thanks to them, they posted them in the thread and that was really interesting. and people who think this can't or shouldn' be, and they said it also and explained, thanks to them.

and there are trolls and agressive people who can't give an opinion without blaming people (not you ok) or being haughty (you). my answer here was of course just like yours, and its really not pleasant to read or write. the one to ben was a bit the same but because he really didnt make an effort to understand what i meant at all.

now im bored and ill let this topic die because im disgusted with this forum community.
if anyone is interested in the main point which is

would the game benefits from a better and deeper gameplay for the basic activities (shooting, dropping, crafting, moving, pvp, etc)
how could it be done and with what impacts on the RCE?

just start a new thread because this one is corrupted and really awful to read.

Last edited:
Well.

One of my questions were :

would a better gameplay bring more players to EU? more player retention?

you think no? tell me why then.

of course RCE is the main thing in EU. did i say the opposite? can you really read properly?

I know my english is far from perfect but still, i think ive been clear enough

but well its clear enough that you can't stand what im saying, also. "CS which you talk so much about" - woaw ! nice, i talked about it in one post, the post you just answered.

I can't understand why people need to be aggressive.

can't you just say that in your opinion, gameplay has not to be improved, because you think RCE is really enough for a game like EU. thats clear, that's enough, no need to talk like you do.

there are people who have ideas, thanks to them, they posted them in the thread and that was really interesting. and people who think this can't or shouldn' be, and they said it also and explained, thanks to them.

and there are trolls and agressive people who can't give an opinion without blaming people (not you ok) or being haughty (you). my answer here was of course just like yours, and its really not pleasant to read or write.

My point is;

There is something called genres. You can't compare between those. In EU you can do a million things. Most of the things have games made for just that purpose.

PvP - First person shooter
Pets - Games like pokemon
space - Spaceshooters
Hunting - Every other rpg
Vehicles - Every racing game

And much more. You are asking for a small company in Sweden to create a game, in which each element should have a quality equal or greater to the games created by huge companies.

You want a small Swedish company to beat PD, Valve, Blizzard, Nintendo and a few other huge names, at the same time in the same game.

Sure, that could happen. When we have ten million players each depositing $300 a month.

Now; Of course, slight improvements here and there would help the game. But we will never reach the quality of pure fps or racing games, neither should MA aim for that.

My point is;

There is something called genres. You can't compare between those. In EU you can do a million things. Most of the things have games made for just that purpose.

PvP - First person shooter
Pets - Games like pokemon
space - Spaceshooters
Hunting - Every other rpg
Vehicles - Every racing game

And much more. You are asking for a small company in Sweden to create a game, in which each element should have a quality equal or greater to the games created by huge companies.

You want a small Swedish company to beat PD, Valve, Blizzard, Nintendo and a few other huge names, at the same time in the same game.

Sure, that could happen. When we have ten million players each depositing $300 a month.

Now; Of course, slight improvements here and there would help the game. But we will never reach the quality of pure fps or racing games, neither should MA aim for that.

thank you I now have much more respect for you as you showed respect, too.

I totally understand these problems, and yes for sure you can't dream of a perfect gameplay in each areas.

as you perfectly said, all this is about slight improvements to make the point & click more interesting.
the fact is that the gameplay is really the most basic it could be, or am i too greedy? i dunno, but theres certainly easy ways to improve it and this is why I wanted to start a thread.

maybe somebody has a really clever idea that could help MA think about that. or maybe not, but it was worth the try, even if it was really hard to really find people who did understand me.

this was my last post just to thank you, ill let people talk if they want to. I posted way too many times here.

Althou i'm definitely not against new game content and improvements to the existing content, as Doer explained there are certain restrictions to what can be added/changed, without pushing the RCE side of things out of balance.

To explain this logic we would use those very EU-specific terms like "high or low loot wave", "the right mob spawn", "the right weapon/gear".
Last but not least, assuming we are in the right place at the right time we'd prolly also consider in a sense it's a race against all the other players there. Therefore, it might be a good idea to think about ways to try to increase our chances in taking the jackpot, etc etc.

Disclaimer: Obviously I can't elaborate this any further here, 1st - because i can't be sure it's anything but a bunch of stupid superstitions; 2nd - if there is some truth in it and i would write it down on a public forum, the swedish home mafia men in black shades would surely come to my house and piss on my keyboard! :tongue2:

Anyway, regardless of your personal views on all those endless (and contradicting) loot theories or general game strategy, considering how different the whole logic is here, you'd prolly agree - althou it's still a game it's definitely not your usual mainstream game like thousand others out there.

Ok, You find the gameplay boring, we get that, However, Repetativeness is hardly rare in the MMO World, Lets take WoW for Example, The single most Popular MMORPG ever, Also the most repetative boring grind-fest ever, with an easily manipulated market. a game which people play day in, day out to get the most "uber" gear, pretty much a WoW version of an ATH.

The difference is that EU doesn't just throw things at you like Hof's and ATH's, You have to work for a chance to get them, Not a guarantee (Unless you spend days on end crafting Explo's) This, along with the real cash economy is what gives EU its difference and makes the game competitive, Sure it could be made more intricate and polished in places, But if you play EU as it is designed, an Economy driven Game with a social network built in, Then you won't find it half as boring as if you go solo grinding for days on end searching for that ATH.

If it was solely the Hunting/Crafting mechanics people were playing this game for MA would have gone bankrupt with their design before their 1st anniversary.

thanks for answers, especially fifth coz you have really understood what i really want to talk about.

The real point of all this is GAMEPLAY. Is it boring? personnally i think yes, im ok with the management part, the rce part, but not with the gameplay one, im more and more bored with it.

that is very simple, i take an exemple :

-in hunting, why put a delay for shots (loading time) ? It's unrealistic, and makes the all thing looking soooo stupid.
would not an automatic shooting like common fps (you stay clicking and the gun continue firing like a real rifle with almost no delay between shots) and pure damage is lowered to keep same dps on weapons. This + aiming because it doesnt cost ammo if you miss the target.

But I understand people are looking for a casino with rce part.

I'm just kidding then when mindark talk about retention time for a player but still has not understood yet that this is the GAMEPLAY that makes a game good.

1- player play for RCE. because gameplay is crap there is only money interesting. Loot is bad. They whine and quit, disgusted.

2- player play a fun game with RCE. Loot is bad. They are disgusted but at least they had fun and entertainment by "playing" it (not "looting" it)

I wish it was the 2nd but unfortunately I have no fun while playing, only when i loot and try to make my pedcard survive to this. and when i have no ped anymore, its always frustrating a bit. but im ok because im here for 7years now and the nostalgia will always win. A new player is gonna quit quickly.

the day a game like borderlands get full RCE with clever adaptation, this is the day I uninstall entropia forever.

EU is a game when u have alot of PED's to spent ...otherwise is a job in a virtual world:wise:

Anyway ...i understand what Eldaii try to say and yes ...MA need to improve and give more depth and fun in gaming ...for example some ideas : running alot gives some skills , driving alot gives skills, ect ...new type of mobs like who can kill other mobs and collect their loots so is great bounty for everyone (when spawned and start killing a msg in chat or on screen to inform ppls to go and hunting them...) , mind games and give skills and fun, space alien gost's can invade in SS/MS/Pathfinders-Starfinders not very dangerous but to creates a fun panic on ships , mining out of ships (new space armours so more peds for MA...) and many many many more ideas!!!:dunce:

Cheers...
:cool:

Personally, I could really care less about all the "improvements." The time I was having the most fun in the game was when there was a ton of "bugs" and it looked like this :)

Its a game and it is a lot of fun if you do it right.

BTW, you don´t need tons of PED to have fun hunting the biggest uber mobs.

Grab a cheap TT gun, 10 PED ammo and 10 others thinking that way and kill something mid level.
Do smalltalk in between, some good conversation is always good.
Join a swunt team if low on PED and you will have some fun too
There is many events promoted by other players aiming on new players and those who can´t afford big style hunting.

Yes its about cash too, and earning some PED could be fun, too.
Earning PED shouldn´t be the main motivation to participate in EU, sadly exactly thats seems to be the case for 90% of the players.

As Ben already said, start with yourself.
What do you expect from EU, does it work for you or not.
If not think about it what you could do that it works for you. No I am not speaking about how to get an ATH, I am speaking how to get some fun in EU, at a cost you can afford and are willing to pay for this kind fun.

Personally I think EU is still one of the best MMO RPGs I ever played, just because it is damn hard to get anywhere mid level or higher level. Skilling is though, getting nice loots is though, getting nice items is though.
The challange to survive in EU without paying 500$ a month is awesome.
I try it at a 10 Euro deposit / month, and I am here some years now, far away from beeing high skilled or own any UBER gear, nothing for me so far, but hell I take the challange, because I like the challange.

Never withdrawed, never intend to withdraw!
Cycle back what you earn, and EU is a healthy game with a healthy economy, and god damn deposit as much as you do for other games, too!
I know its advertised free to play, as many other games are, where people pay 100s of $ every month just to have a slightly advantage over other players :D

Its a game, play it as a game, accept the challange and stop whinning if you lost some k PED!
Consider every deposit as payment for fun (lost PED), and you never will feel bad playing EU.

Back